Closed Thread

Thread: The majority of economic conspiracies are fallacies by Austrian economic doomtards

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member trenairio's Avatar
    Thanks

Default The majority of economic conspiracies are fallacies by Austrian economic doomtards

If you had even the slightest knowledge of the economic schools of thought, you would understand that the banking conspiracies are all nonsense put out by communities like mises.org, Zeitgeist, "Thrive", and the like.

I am not a fan of Ron Paul nor his stances. I was a Rocky Anderson supporter during the most recent election. I am somewhat undecided between the Monetarist and Keynesian modes of thought, though recently I have really been into Skidelsky and Post-Keynesianism.

Predictions like "hyperinflation" and movements like "Auditing the Fed" and how "fiat money is BAAAAAD" is all rubbish imo. Though these institutions were established by the powers that be, their purposes and effects have been badly interpreted by Austrian school fanatics like Peter Schiff and other economic doom mongers for certain objectives that remain unclear to me.The answers to 'Why the truth movement has been hijacked by Austrian school conspirators' is beyond me. I guess the centerfold was the Ron Paul libertarian movement. In my honest opinion, Ron Paul may have just been in it for the campaign donors. I pledge my full support for Anderson though, he accepts only 100$ max from each donor .

If you had to ask me how we can save ourselves from the PTB, I don't think I could answer. We are far from realizing that we have lost the game (a long time ago). My only real hope is that one day free energy might make reach a breakthrough. But at the looks of it, I am not so sure about that.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trenairio For This Post:

Referee (3rd January 2013), Tesseract (4th January 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 times in 687 posts

Default Re: The majority of economic conspiracies are fallacies by Austrian economic doomtards

Oh really? Can you refute thatQE-1 and QE-2 devalued the dollar and made inflation the biggest thing exported by the USA? Methinks it gave us the Arab Spring. Now, please Explain how the additional $1 Trillion dollars a year being created by QE-3 Ad Infinitum and QE-4 won't result in destroying the dollar. Are you aware that most Asian nations and BRIC nations don't go through SWIFT and trade in their own currency now? Are you aware that the Petro-dollar is dying and that Saudi Arabia is no longer the world's largest producer of oil?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lost Soul For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (3rd January 2013), Precog (3rd January 2013), Referee (3rd January 2013), TargeT (3rd January 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,649 times in 21,531 posts

Default Re: The majority of economic conspiracies are fallacies by Austrian economic doomtards

I mostly see just labeling and agitating in your post, not a considered discussion of what economic thoughts you find to be sensible.

In what ways can you advance our understanding of the economic and other challenges facing us?
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

13th Warrior (3rd January 2013), Alan (3rd January 2013), AlternativeInfoJunkie (3rd January 2013), Dennis Leahy (3rd January 2013), GCS1103 (3rd January 2013), Referee (3rd January 2013), risveglio (3rd January 2013), TargeT (3rd January 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lost Soul (here)
    Oh really? Can you refute thatQE-1 and QE-2 devalued the dollar and made inflation the biggest thing exported by the USA? Methinks it gave us the Arab Spring. Now, please Explain how the additional $1 Trillion dollars a year being created by QE-3 Ad Infinitum and QE-4 won't result in destroying the dollar. Are you aware that most Asian nations and BRIC nations don't go through SWIFT and trade in their own currency now? Are you aware that the Petro-dollar is dying and that Saudi Arabia is no longer the world's largest producer of oil?
    Quantitative Easing and the printing of more fiat money really hasn't affected inflation all that much. If you look at the health of the economy and the official numbers of inflation, they are relatable. What you think you understand about inflation isn't accurate, and your predictions of impending hyperinflation have proved wrong again and again.

Tell me exactly when the dollar bubble will bust and if it happens then we could talk. But your stance on inflationary effects is, in my opinion, not really backed up.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I mostly see just labeling and agitating in your post, not a considered discussion of what economic thoughts you find to be sensible.

In what ways can you advance our understanding of the economic and other challenges facing us?
    works by Jospeh Stiglitz, Krugman, Skidelsky, and Paul Davidson.

I'm still reading now...

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

Thank you for your perception. Now that we know it, can you factually show it to be plausable and not just your opinion. If you want dialog on your threads with the members provide more than just your perception.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spiritguide For This Post:

13th Warrior (3rd January 2013), Alan (3rd January 2013), Dennis Leahy (3rd January 2013)

10. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

Quote Posted by trenairio (here)
    Quote Posted by Lost Soul (here)
    Quantitative Easing and the printing of more fiat money really hasn't affected inflation all that much. If you look at the health of the economy and the official numbers of inflation, they are relatable. What you think you understand about inflation isn't accurate, and your predictions of impending hyperinflation have proved wrong again and again.

Tell me exactly when the dollar bubble will bust and if it happens then we could talk. But your stance on inflationary effects is, in my opinion, not really backed up.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Paul (here)

works by Jospeh Stiglitz, Krugman, Skidelsky, and Paul Davidson.

I'm still reading now...

Please put down the Krugman! For you own brain and for anyone that will have to listen to your gibberish in the future. Krugman is the man that called for replacing the dot com bubble with a housing bubble. How did that work out for us? He also thinks war is good for the economy and an alien invasion would help. He is old, outdated, and either downright stupid or evil.

As for inflation, how are you measuring it? Are you eliminating food and energy or you using the real inflation measures. Yes the trick they love to use with inflation, mostly so they don't have to pay more social security to the seniors, is to factor out energy and food. From looking at my grocery expenses over the past 12 years, I would say there has been quite a lot of inflation.

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by risveglio (here)
    Please put down the Krugman! For you own brain and for anyone that will have to listen to your gibberish in the future. Krugman is the man that called for replacing the dot com bubble with a housing bubble. How did that work out for us? He also thinks war is good for the economy and an alien invasion would help. He is old, outdated, and either downright stupid or evil.

As for inflation, how are you measuring it? Are you eliminating food and energy or you using the real inflation measures. Yes the trick they love to use with inflation, mostly so they don't have to pay more social security to the seniors, is to factor out energy and food. From looking at my grocery expenses over the past 12 years, I would say there has been quite a lot of inflation.
    The last statement you made there does not consider the official figures. The money supply has been relatively stable, and any claims to hyperinflation is not actually factual.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 3rd January 2013 at 05:46. Reason: Reduce nested quoting depth

12. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

Um, I can give you official figures that shows food and energy going up. If you are referring to core cpi, you are correct but that is because it was removed for the reason I listed above.

The men you are reading deserved their nobel prizes in economics even less than Obama and the EU deserved their peace prizes. We are a heck of a lot closer to higher inflation than deflation and the more we follow Keyes, the close we will get to hyperinflation. Maybe it is your age but please tell me where in history fiat money has ever worked?
    Last edited by risveglio; 3rd January 2013 at 03:43.

13. Link to Post #9
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Why do I feel like saying "don't feed the trolls"

?

I see a lot of divisiveness, no facts to back up controversial claims (other than a few authors, which is laudable).

I smell a rat (troll) and don't think there's much to converse on in this thread other than bait.

the constant addition of "hyperinflation" when the OP is the only one to have ever mentioned that word is interesting... no one here is talking Hyperinflation but the OP, I think that's the real bird he wants to fry...
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Lazlo (3rd January 2013), Paranormal (3rd January 2013), pharoah21 (3rd January 2013), spiritguide (3rd January 2013), ThePythonicCow (3rd January 2013)

15. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Douglass's Avatar
    Thanks

Ron Paul, the libertarian movement, and sound economics all appeal to people because they are sensible.

Anyone who buys their own food, and heats their own home knows how much the prices have gone up.
    high inflation is hardly arguable.

So, I guess you support fractional reserve banking? and a private banking institution monopolizing a sovereign nations monies?

sounds sensible....
    ~~ In wonderment I bow to the Cosmos ~~

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Douglass For This Post:

Lazlo (3rd January 2013), TargeT (3rd January 2013)

17. Link to Post #11
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,649 times in 21,531 posts

Quote Posted by trenairio (here)
    The last statement you made there does not consider the official figures. The money supply has been relatively stable, and any claims to hyperinflation is not actually factual.
    As someone noted above, you're the one who keeps talking about hyperinflation. The inflation that others notice at the grocery store is real. This thread is not real .

I'm closing this thread as of now, so we don't waste more time on it.

We have much to learn. Well thought out and researched threads, or threads with genuine new insights or experiences, are one of the ways we help each other learn.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

13th Warrior (3rd January 2013), Alan (3rd January 2013), conk (5th January 2013), Dennis Leahy (3rd January 2013), Ian Gordon (3rd January 2013), Lazlo (3rd January 2013), Lost Soul (5th January 2013), Snoweagle (3rd January 2013), spiritguide (3rd January 2013)

Closed Thread