+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Receding hairline (is there a remedy?)

1. Link to Post #41
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,586 times in 1,720 posts

Default Re: Receding hairline (is there a remedy?)

I am the OP:
    Well I've been trying the herbs mentioned and recommended but they don't seem to be helping, it may be too soon to tell.
    Something I did not mention before is that I have had a strange kind of scalp itch for a long time, not dandruff or any visible cause.
    But now it has gotten a lot worse. Someone mentioned Borax as a treatment for itching scalp so I tried it a few times. It may be too soon to tell with this also.
    There may be a connection between the itching and hair loss .
    And I also have random itching on parts of my face and arms and legs but mostly on my face, often in the same place as before without any sign of a cause.
    I will continue with the Borax and herbs. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

(The herbs I am drinking are horsehair, yarrow and hawthorn berries. The herbs I'm applying to my scalp are yarrow and witch hazel.)
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Eram (13th February 2013), seko (16th February 2013)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,173 posts

Hi East Sun. The correct Moon phase is what you need. Try cutting your hair on the New Moon. The New Moon encourages growth while the Full Moon on will hinder. It's the same for planting. Farmers will always check the Moon phase. I've used this method for over twenty years and it works. My hair is thin so to keep it long, I always go for hair cut around the New Moon. We've just had one, so now would be a good time, even if its just a trim. You will find loads of info on line if you google, moon phases and hair growth.

Also try adding Rosemary or Ceederwood pure essential oils to your shampoo. About 10 drops in a full bottle.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

CeltMan (14th February 2013), East Sun (13th February 2013), Eram (13th February 2013), Holly Lindin (13th February 2013), seko (16th February 2013)

5. Link to Post #43
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

"I could remember running down the beach, my hair blowing in the wind... and me running after it!"

6. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Lisab, Thanks for the info. I'll add those to my process. Don't know anything about the Moon phases, one of the things I did not study, yet.

KiwiElf,
    That's funny. I'll remember that for later.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Eram (23rd February 2013), KiwiElf (13th February 2013), Lisab (13th February 2013)

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 times in 774 posts

i read in the martha christy book your own perfect medicine that urine therapy helps with regrowing hair due to hairloss.
    unite, alright
    you know one thing about music? when it hits, you feel no pain!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soleil For This Post:

Eram (23rd February 2013), Lisab (13th February 2013), seko (16th February 2013)

10. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

I think in some cases the remedy is going to have to be reincarnation

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

CeltMan (14th February 2013), Eram (23rd February 2013), Lisab (13th February 2013), seko (16th February 2013)

12. Link to Post #47
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by teradactyl (here)
    i read in the martha christy book your own perfect medicine that urine therapy helps with regrowing hair due to hairloss.
    I didn't mention that I tried urine therapy, both drinking and applying but maybe not for long enough. I have slowed down on the drinking part, just a little nearly every day. I expect that different things work for different people so I try everything.

araucaria, I'm just about ready for reincarnation. If it did not affect my family I am content to go on, whatever that would entail. As long as it would be 'something' rather than nothing..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Eram (23rd February 2013)

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,960 times in 381 posts

This is a bit 'out there'...but no moreso than applying urine...I guess?!....lol

An old Chinese remedy I read about a few years back... wait for it..... apply sperm(human that is) to the scalp.

If one thinks about it,- it may have some credability, as it will at least contain many nutrients?

Best of luck with that.
    'F.E.A.R.' - is an acronym = 'False Expectations Appearing Real'

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CeltMan For This Post:

East Sun (15th February 2013), Eram (23rd February 2013)

16. Link to Post #49
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A few decades ago I read that it was believed at one time to be the case (re. sperm) but it was found to not be true. Of course that means nothing as claims and denials happen all the time for various reasons.
    I somehow doubt it to be true. I think I'll pass on this one. BUT I'll keep it in mind just the same.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

18. Link to Post #50
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

Genetics and actually your heritage have much to do with how much hair you are blessed with and able to retain through the years.

But, a very important element to the health of hair growth is trace minerals and specifically copper and selenium. If you drink distilled water then you are not getting any trace minerals, also the soil our food is grown has been depleted of these vital minerals and therefore don’t even receive them (minerals) in the food we eat.

So my suggestion is to take a good liquid trace mineral supplement and/or take ‘chelated mineral” supplement.

Hair loss is an outward symptom of an ‘inside’ problem.

19. Link to Post #51
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thank you bluefire, for this info.
    It sounds informed and reminds me of when I was studying holistic health decades ago and learned a lot about minerals and vitamins that I have mostly forgotten.
    I'll have to get back to taking them again especially the ones you have mentioned.
    E.S.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

21. Link to Post #52
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

East Sun, sadly, despite all of the remedies I have read so far, ( and some have seemed ridiculous to me) there is little/nothing you can do to keep your hair once it begins to go.

The best thing you can do is go bald gracefully and accept it. You aren't the first man to go bald and you won't be the last. Shave your head, wear a hat, try a Max Wall style if you must, but trust me on this.. Whatever treatment you decide might work, won't. Instead of being bald, you will be bald and broke.

I assure you this. Whether or not you have hair will not decide how attractive you are to women. A sense of humour and confidence will.

Bro, if there was a quick cure for hair loss or a pill that made your penis larger, we would all know about it

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Umoedd For This Post:

East Sun (27th February 2013), Eram (27th February 2013)

23. Link to Post #53
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Umoedd, That's funny--and true.

I should not be complaining really, because I have hair that I'm happy about except for the male front pattern receding part.

Too vain, I guess.

But, if you do ever discover a pill or anything that works with either of the two things you mentioned make sure you let me know. OK!!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Eram (27th February 2013)

25. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member Shamz's Avatar
    Thanks

EastSun,

Well you are trying so many things... try my tips...see if this help you. I got this from one of my friends and he said it worked for him and his brother. There is no harm in trying.

You will need, leaves of Nettle ( either pick fresh or order it online), Rosemary leaves and Comfrey powder(optional but great if u can get it ). Make sure you grind the herbs esp if they are picked fresh.

Also you need to order, Dr Woods Black Soap. Even though it is body soap, but since it is made of all natural materials it is safe to use on hair as well. I order the 32 Oz for $12 and it lasts me more than 4-5 months. You can use any chemical free shampoo if you don't want to use the above.

Then you need to pour boiling water over the herbs in 4:1 ratio ( 8oz of water for 2Oz of herbs). Let it sit for 30 mins and then separate the solution using a sieve. This is your master solution (lets call it )

Next, mix this master solution with Dr Woods Soap in the 1:4 ratio ( 6 oz master solution and 24 oz Dr Woods soap )

That is it, use this as shampoo everyday. Also try to apply coconut oil before and after taking shower. You can also use your master solution if you have some left over, after you take shower ( instead of coconut oil).

My friend told me that he used the above recipe for few weeks, he did notice his hair thickening but also noticed that the hair on his hands have grown in size as well.
    Worth a Try.

Peace and Love
    ~~ Much Love
    In Lak'ech Ala K'in ( I am You and You are me )

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Shamz For This Post:

East Sun (28th February 2013)

27. Link to Post #55
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thank you Shamez,

Yes I am trying everything that has been recommended and I will certainly try what you mentioned. If something works I wont know which one and that's ok. I can narrow it down. I tried what some said worked for them but probably does not work for everyone. I believe that most cures come from inside but not all. We are like plants that need nutrients as well as outside help like sunshine, rain etc.

I wish Drs. could do tests that would tell what we need or are deficient in.. Also, I wish there was a way to check all foods and water to tell if they have any damaging chemicals or anything that's not good for us.

Maybe in the future when people can think and act rationally. Doesn't seem like too much to ask. It could be done if scientists and Drs. would zero in on what we naturally need instead of being fooled by big pharma. and the FDA., politicians and corporate greed. I'd like to see that before my time ends this time around.

28. Link to Post #56
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by Lisab (here)
    Hi East Sun. The correct Moon phase is what you need. Try cutting your hair on the New Moon. The New Moon encourages growth while the Full Moon on will hinder. It's the same for planting. Farmers will always check the Moon phase. I've used this method for over twenty years and it works. My hair is thin so to keep it long, I always go for hair cut around the New Moon. We've just had one, so now would be a good time, even if its just a trim. You will find loads of info on line if you google, moon phases and hair growth.
    How rude of me...

Quote Try cutting your hair on the New Moon

Fat lot of good that's gonna do...

29. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Well, not everything. I try what I believe in.

Everyone has their beliefs and superstitions and sometimes like a placebo reaction things happen without explanation.

So, I give thanks to all who gave suggestions.

30. Link to Post #58
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Want a 'Quick Fix'..?

Don't use OTC Shampoo at all...

&

Don't wash your hair on a Daily basis, the less the better to give the natural oils in your hair to strengthen it again

As for the medical term 'Male Pattern Baldness'

Unless you know how to extract the 'Balding Gene' from your own DNA...

I'm sorry to say, you've unfortunately just gotta (Deal with It)...

either that, or...

You've got a cool $20,000 for a hair transplant..!
    Last edited by jackovesk; 16th February 2014 at 08:29.

31. Link to Post #59
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,846 times in 876 posts

Bald is sexy!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to grannyfranny100 For This Post:

kirolak (16th February 2014)

33. Link to Post #60
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    Want a 'Quick Fix'..?

Don't use OTC Shampoo at all...

&

Don't wash your hair on a Daily basis, the less the better to give the natural oils in your hair to strengthen it again

As for the medical term 'Male Pattern Baldness'

Unless you know how to extract the 'Balding Gene' from your own DNA...

I'm sorry to say, you've unfortunately just gotta (Deal with It)...

either that, or...

You've got a cool $20,000 for a hair transplant..!
    Thanks Jacovesk,
    Well, I was being kind of paranoid about my hair.
    For thirty years I used a baby natural shampoo daily and have very healthy hair. You are right about OTC chemicalised shampoos that do damage our hair.

Now I use a Olive Oil shampoo every three or four days. A company called Heritage sells Edgar Cayce products that are very good.

I have an itchy scalp, no dandruff, that I think may be caused by medication for thinning blood, due to having had a stroke.

Diet is important also.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

jackovesk (17th February 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast