+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Receding hairline (is there a remedy?)

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,292 times in 744 posts

Default Re: Receding hairline (is there a remedy?)

I sympathize, but may this be your worst worry. . . & bald men are cute!

2. Link to Post #62
    United States Avalon Member GreenGuy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 times in 424 posts

I second the previous comment about yarrow and would add nettles to the recommendation - both are stimulating to the scalp and hair follicles. You might try drinking kombucha and also using it as a rinse. I've heard many anecdotes of it regrowing hair. Can't vouch for it myself, although I do still have most of my hair, and my dad was mostly bald by my age. But I'd also recommend not stressing out about it.
    Dammit, honey! You left the seat down again!

3. Link to Post #63
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 times in 258 posts

Hi there East Sun,

Saw palmetto is known to interfere with testosterones' conversion to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) . DHT is thought responsible for common male pattern baldness. It's a safe alternative to 'Propecia' the so-called hair loss drug. A friend of mine tried Propecia, and grew what is commonly known as "man boobs". A closer inspection of the instructions revealed a side effect referred to as "swelling of the chest", which is incredibly misleading, as it suggests, as swelling often is, a temporary condition. But this was permanent. Ouch! This guy was forced to have cosmetic surgery, and he was never really happy with it.

So...it could be worse!. There are women who do find bald heads attractive and sexy, but you'd be hard pressed to find any who find man boobs sexy, OK? The lesson: perspective. Easy for me to say, I know, as I still have my hair, but it doesn't stop me from saying it.

My buddy turned to me because I have quite a knowledge of alternative therapies. And I wasn't able to get any result with him at all until I talked him into saw palmetto and pygeum. This was about a year ago, and he has had some undeniable regrowth. Traditional male pattern baldness (genetic) is going to be the reason behind most cases, so I'd suggest starting with this foundation . And then add things like oils etc, things that have been mentioned on this thread. This inside/outside approach is the most effective, IMHO.

Good luck!
    Last edited by bruno dante; 16th February 2014 at 17:16.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bruno dante For This Post:

GreenGuy (16th February 2014)

5. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,791 times in 463 posts

embrace it!

6. Link to Post #65
    Thanks

East Sun, I would bet money that it's the meds you are taking. I know you don't want to mess around after having a stroke, but perhaps there are alternatives. I agree with the theory that thinning hair is hereditary, to a point. If you have a better diet than forebears, why not better hair? People with Sun, Moon or Ascendant in Aries often have thinning hair. After looking into alternative medications and after giving Modwiz' method the good college try, you might want to try what I've been doing. It's a product that I think I can't mention here, but my blog describes my experience: http://gateseven.wordpress.com/2012/09/22/laminine/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4