+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: They held an Apocolypse and no one came.

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 times in 344 posts

Default Re: They held an Apocolypse and no one came.

I do not understand what is happening. This is not posting in the right way. I am frightened. Pray for intercession from the highest levels. I have only been here a short time. I care a great deal about humanity. We are not perfect. But most of us try very hard. The few ruin this life for all. Or at least make it more difficult. I have no idea why this text is moving in reverse. I am receiving so much. I cannot separate it any longer.i cannot even text. I cannot barely put another letter down. I am shaking so much I am terrified of my own words. Believe me we as a race are not anywhere near close to having our thoughts manifested immediately. Your slow motion remark is spot on. That power was taken from us long ago. Because if we get it back. It will have been stolen. The PTB have done everything they can to keep it from us. If even a few of us regain that ability. It is over..💔
    Last edited by Crystine; 17th November 2013 at 07:58.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crystine For This Post:

Kalamos (17th November 2013), Milneman (19th November 2013)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,820 times in 776 posts

Last edited by Kalamos; 23rd April 2014 at 08:32.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kalamos For This Post:

Delight (17th November 2013), Milneman (19th November 2013)

5. Link to Post #23
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Quote Posted by powessy (here)
    you and your soles are protected
    What is a sole? A bottom-feeding flatfish or a soul trodden underfoot?
    Fillet of sole with some fava beans and a niche chianti. I can't type the noise....fupfupfupfupfup....

6. Link to Post #24
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

Oh dear.

Powessy first of all, WELCOME to Avalon. I've only been here a short time too and in that short time recognized you'll find a groove that you'll get into and people that will start to stick out and be helpful, provided that's what you're looking for.

What I'm about to do is pick your post apart to make a point. If it comes across as nasty or rude, I'm sorry. A lot of times it's really difficult to read intention with posts because we have a bias when we read. And, a lot of times we get wound up (me included!) because of our convictions to our beliefs.

I'm not saying what you believe is wrong. What I'm saying is: it's really important to know how to articulate what we believe for two reasons: one, so that people know what we're saying, and secondly so that people who may have a negative agenda aren't going to be able to blow us out of the water as easily. I'm saying if you present what you firmly believe to be truth, do it the right way. And that may mean re-thinking about what you say.

So, having said that: I seem to see that in your post you pick out what I can categorize as vague sources for the problems of the world, namely the media and "christians". I think a healthy skeptical view when viewing what the media presents is not a bad idea, but a caution: many people can become trapped in skepticism and not find their way out, and in that very way become discouraged not by what's going on around them but by their skepticism. This happened to me a couple of days ago here in the forums with a post I had made about some things that had happened to me, and luckily I got pulled out by a friend. Are there horrible things happening right now on our planet? You bet your life there are. Should we focus on these and think we are doomed? You can. But it makes more sense to me to focus on what is in my sphere, what I can change, and act on that. I can't change the fact that there are suicide bombers blowing up embassies, or that I think there is something ominous about it, but I can choose to behave on how I feel about that, or about how I feel about what I can do in my sphere. I can love my family, my dog, I can read and write to strengthen my mind, I can put positive energy out there without denying that the negative energy exists. I just try not to buy into the negative as much.

Now as for your comments about religion, specifically Christians, I need to take issue with this. And here's why. You say in your post "The organized religion has brought the lambs to the belief that they hold the answers when they are all lies. I might seem a little shrewd but most of the things you hear anymore are only what the main media lets you see, and the words of christian's telling you to come to god and become like they are this really makes me grimace and very sad."

First off, the word shrewd has a modern and an archaic meaning. The modern meaning is having or showing sharp powers of judgement, or being astute. I'm not sure this is the word you want to be using here. (Incidentally, the second meaning of shrewd is piercingly cold, especially in the sense of weather...strange enough, I think this meaning of the word may actually be closer to what you mean...but I'm not convinced that was the direction you wanted to go.)

Second, what exactly are Christians that are telling you to be like them telling you to be like? My idea of Christianity includes, among other things, treating your neighbours with dignity and respect even if they seem not to be deserving of this respect, helping the poor and not being boastful about it, praising the truth in the universe, about the universe, being God that is ultimate truth, being honest with the core of who you are even if the majority of people hate you for it, or try and kill you for it, and respecting other people. Thing is, if I really love a friend, I'm going to tell that friend the truth even if it means they might get angry with me. A real friend isn't going to let a friend wander in untruths and hurt themselves. Does this mean I'm going to try and convert them? Hell no! It means that if I see a loved one lying to protect themselves, I'm going to encourage them to tell the truth.

The point here is when you make sweeping generalizations, you are behaving no differently than any other oppressive force that does the same thing. And that's the great illusion. Everyone to the left and to the right think they are safe, when in fact everyone on the left and the right are telling the same lies from a different perspective and believing them none the less.

Another important point I think needs to come out. People who interpret the word Apocalypse to mean a horrible war, the end of days, are DEAD WRONG. So stop it right now! *stomps the english slash philosophy major*

Apocalypse, as Bill Dean pointed out WONDERFULLY means nothing except the revelation of truth. In the religious context, or if you want to stick with the Christian context, it does not mean the end of the world, contrary to what a lot of televangelists may tell you. Of course, you don't watch the news or pay attention to that kind of media, so I wouldn't worry about that being a problem.

The context of apocalypse in Christian doctrine simply means the revealing of truth that will lead to the triumph of good over evil. And guess what. That's the root teaching of the Kalachakra too. And most other mystic practices of...you guessed it...religion.

Click "thank" if you agree with that, would ya? :D

April 1, 2014...how do you come to that date as the "end of the world"?

My advice, for what its worth, is stop listening to this friend of yours. Of course, your mileage may vary.

If you want to build the bomb shelter, go ahead...personally, I'm going to be wondering what to put in my garden in a month, and how much further along my bougainvillea will be before it can go outside again.

Again, Welcome to Avalon! I'm sure there are people here who will agree with you. I'm just inclined to...wait a while and see what happens.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Kalamos (19th November 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2