+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 8 15 LastLast

Thread: Alex Jones Debate with Piers Morgan 1/7/2012 on CNN

1. Link to Post #141
    United States Avalon Member Referee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,992 times in 1,577 posts

Default Re: Alex Jones vs. Piers Morgan: Who Won The Debate?

I posted this on the other thread. I hope you take a few minuets to watch this short video. This Identifies the problem with not only the mainstream but also the alternative crowd.

Are you Hot Cold or Luke warm on Gun Control

I think Duncan O may like this one!!

Last edited by Referee; 9th January 2013 at 20:39.
    "A nation which has forgotten the quality of courage which in the past has been brought to public life is not as likely to insist upon or regard that quality in its chosen leaders today - and in fact we have forgotten. "John F. Kennedy

Peace, Love and Consiousness
    Referee

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Referee For This Post:

13th Warrior (9th January 2013), Cidersomerset (9th January 2013)

3. Link to Post #142
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 913 posts

This Roosevelt quote goes out to all of your Alex Jones critics and "Slacktavist" (look it up)

Quote "It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    “Bundinn er bátlaus maður”

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

Debra (13th January 2013), Referee (9th January 2013)

5. Link to Post #143
    United States Avalon Member GlassSteagallfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 times in 987 posts

Charlie McGrath's take on it: (wideawakenews.com)

https://youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ae955Md_hKs

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GlassSteagallfan For This Post:

Arrowwind (10th January 2013), jagman (10th January 2013), Referee (9th January 2013), sigma6 (10th January 2013)

7. Link to Post #144
    Thanks

"Will Obama Use An Executive Order To Enact Gun Control?"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...ct-gun-control

8. Link to Post #145
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 times in 737 posts

I dont particularily like morgan but the way Jones popped his gob off just proved to me that he does indeed have a big gob, I am not saying he has not helped in bringing truth to our ears but if he had just been a little calmer, maybe he could have used the calmer time more usefully then he appeared to have.....
    Love. peace and Blessings to you all.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ammit For This Post:

jagman (10th January 2013), Nickolai (9th January 2013)

10. Link to Post #146
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,368 times in 300 posts

Piers asked about 9/11 yet it has nothing to do with guns. Yeah, the obvious kook-angle, but still, not relevant at all.

I don't recall offhand if Piers asked, but most interviews like this (gun control interviewer, gun rights interviewee) ask how the interviewee would prevent these tragedies. I don't like the insinuation that the interviewee is indirectly responsible for the tragedy in question.

11. Link to Post #147
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

Just wanted to add my 2 cents...

I support the 2nd amendment "the right to bear arms"!!!! I do not own a gun and only shot a shot gun at a skeet shooting place at about 10 years of age with my father for one hour. I shot it several times and on that day only.

My father was a hunter and used his guns for hunting.

I do not expect I will ever have a gun, however I am in support of the constitution and the second amendment.

I agree with what Alex had to say however his style does not suite me and it is not for me to judge. I am from the mind set that you attract more flies with honey than vinegar. I would have loved it if Alex spewed out all he spewed out from a place of love not anger...

And I too am not sure if Alex is with us or against us because of his angry fearful energy...however I am not in judgment.

Alex took the CNN opportunity to spew his stuff and did it in his style some will like it, some will not like it, and some might be changed by it...

and so it is....

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

Cidersomerset (9th January 2013), Gardener (10th January 2013), Kindling (10th January 2013), Nickolai (9th January 2013), Referee (10th January 2013), Reinhard (10th January 2013), T Smith (10th January 2013)

13. Link to Post #148
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

14. Link to Post #149
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,745 times in 32,946 posts

-------

It was really hard to listen to. I genuinely fear it was a set-up.

Rather more effective would have been Jim Marrs or G. Edward Griffin. Or maybe Mike Adams. Or even George Noory! At times like this I find myself wishing that Rich Dolan, one of the most intelligent, grounded, articulate yet incisive speakers on the UFO circuit, would turn his skills to alternative politics.

This is a time for level-headed, fact-based persuasion, not for released emotion; people associate that with lack of control, and that (combined with guns in hand) is what people are being taught to fear.

PS -- Mod hat on: merged the two threads on the subject.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 10th January 2013 at 01:34.

15. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (10th January 2013), araucaria (10th January 2013), Christine (10th January 2013), danstar (10th January 2013), David Trd1 (15th January 2013), Earth Angel (10th January 2013), Freed Fox (10th January 2013), gripreaper (10th January 2013), Kindling (10th January 2013), Knowrainknowrainbows! (10th January 2013), Lazlo (10th January 2013), Mozart (10th January 2013), Nickolai (10th January 2013), Paladin14 (10th January 2013), Referee (10th January 2013), Reinhard (10th January 2013), RUSirius (10th January 2013), soleil (10th January 2013), Spirithorse (10th January 2013), T Smith (10th January 2013), ThePythonicCow (10th January 2013), ulli (10th January 2013), Wind (10th January 2013)

16. Link to Post #150
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,248 times in 248 posts

Default Re: Alex Jones Debate with Piers Morgan 1/7/2012 on CNN

He's (Alex) kinda made himself on the list of people I'd rather not mention in a discussion. The same way that if you mention anything to do with David Icke (no matter how valid the point is), you get wise cracks about the reptilians, you're now going to get frustrating responses if you mention Alex Jones, no matter how valid the point you're making is. Way to undo the hard work, and make us all look like lunatics. People in that position are representing the rest of us who take the same or similar stand and want to make a difference.

In short, its caused more division. We, the ones who see the world through a different set of eyes to the ones that most people have, have a responsibility to lead by example. Now, when I fail at that (and sadly I do sometimes, though rarely these days), few people are looking but that's bad enough. When someone like Alex does it, there's millions watching, laughing and enjoying the show.

It is hard even being slightly awake, because you have to deal with your new self, the sleeping, and the people who convince the sleeping that we are all mad.

Great going Alex.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to New Dawn For This Post:

Kimberley (10th January 2013), Nickolai (10th January 2013)

18. Link to Post #151
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 times in 744 posts

Gun owners protecting against tyrannical government?

Where are you? I can show you where the tyrants are. When I'm out on the street with my dissenting comrades, facing off with government uniforms, against the batons, trying not to get arrested, are the brothers and sisters next to me gun owners? Might be a few here and there, one in ten maybe, probably closer to one in twenty. Didn't take a survey, don't know. Just a guess, just instinct. Guessing maybe the gun owners are out voting for the tyrants - not battling them. Guess maybe the NRA is giving money to the tyrants, not battling them. Just a guess, don't know for sure. Occupy crowd all carrying concealed in their tents? Don't know, didn't do a search, sort of doubt it though. I'd count on angels appearing in the sky to take care of our tyrants before I'd count on organised resistance by gun owners. Or, maybe the gun owners don't care about the tyrants, so long as the effects of the tyranny are felt overseas. Thinking back to 2003 - gun owners in the streets, demanding Bush not go to war? Few here and there maybe - under-represented I think - didn't take a survey, don't know for sure. Just a guess.

Tunisia had about the toughest gun laws on the planet. Still managed to throw out their US backed tyrant. Guns don't overthrow people, people overthrow people.

Edit: oh yeah, forgot this was about AJ and PM. I think PM proved that a level head with a bolt action is more effective than a lunatic with a semi-auto.
    Last edited by Tesseract; 10th January 2013 at 02:10.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tesseract For This Post:

Debra (13th January 2013), Nickolai (10th January 2013), ulli (10th January 2013)

20. Link to Post #152
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)

Unconstitutional Laws aren't Laws.

Unconstitutional Laws aren't Laws. Unconstitutional Laws aren't Laws. Unconstitutional Laws aren't Laws. Unconstitutional Laws aren't Laws. Unconstitutional Laws aren't Laws. Unconstitutional Laws aren't Laws. Unconstitutional Laws aren't Laws. Unconstitutional Laws aren't Laws. Unconstitutional Laws aren't Laws. Unconstitutional Laws aren't Laws. Unconstitutional Laws aren't Laws.

Unconstitutional Laws aren't Laws.

Let this sink in. We have not had a congress or a representative government since the mid 1800's when the titles of nobility amendment was removed and lawyers started running things, and the 14th amendment made a new class of citizens, called slaves, and the District of Columbia was formed and the new corporate UNITED STATES was formed and took over. 7 southern states walked out of congress because they SAW what was happening, and congress NEVER reconvened. The original organic Constitution and the government died that day. The Reconstruction Act reconstructed the country, and the globalists then proceeded to take over and bankrupt us, and seize all of the assets of the country.

So, the implications of this are staggering. All the BS acts of congress, executive orders, judicial rulings etc. are all illegal and are a total sham.

So, this gun grab is the final straw. Alex is right about that. Once the globalists disarm America, what's to stop them from a complete totalitarian fascist dictatorship?

I know, our little toy guns are no match against the elite's armory, but... Will the military stand with us or the globalists?

That is the question.
    Last edited by gripreaper; 10th January 2013 at 02:32.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Arrowwind (10th January 2013), Debra (13th January 2013), Kimberley (10th January 2013), Referee (10th January 2013), Reinhard (10th January 2013), Ron Mauer Sr (10th January 2013), SilentFeathers (10th January 2013), sleepy (10th January 2013)

22. Link to Post #153
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,745 times in 32,946 posts

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    Joshua Boston took over last night where Alex Jones left off, and did a far, far better job. Watch and appreciate:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4TEBy6KPjVw

For the record, this is the open letter that Joshua Boston wrote as a CNN iReport, and which went viral:

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government's right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma'am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,

Joshua Boston

Cpl, United States Marine Corps

2004-2012

23. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (10th January 2013), Arrowwind (10th January 2013), Christine (10th January 2013), David Trd1 (15th January 2013), Debra (13th January 2013), gigha (10th January 2013), gripreaper (10th January 2013), Hervé (10th January 2013), Jean-Marie (10th January 2013), Kimberley (10th January 2013), ks4ever (15th January 2013), Limor Wolf (10th January 2013), lisalu (10th January 2013), Mozart (10th January 2013), New Dawn (10th January 2013), Nickolai (10th January 2013), Paladin14 (10th January 2013), Referee (10th January 2013), Reinhard (10th January 2013), Ron Mauer Sr (10th January 2013), RUSirius (10th January 2013), SilentFeathers (10th January 2013), sleepy (10th January 2013), Snookie (12th January 2013), soleil (10th January 2013)

24. Link to Post #154
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

What's with everyone 'sucking out' because Alex ain't perfect, it's like the world revolves on excuses and blaming others. Alex may have started a movement with this one, and has put it on the map. And half the people on this site are already sucking the energy out of it (what a pathetic bunch we are) YES he could have been more controlled, but SO WHAT! BIG DEAL! Personally if you look at Alex overall, sure he is a spoiled rich kid. But look what he is doing with his money... trying to inform people. That is just who he is... get over it. Some people are collected and some are not... Alex is definitely not. And when I see him with friends and others outside the studio he is just an average guy. He is making a difference and if even a tiny fraction of people spoke with the same passion, believe me, the bottom feeders in Washington DC would crawl back under their rocks...

So no use knocking Alex, I think people can understand that kind of passion. Your just bothered by Piers propaganda spin trying to make Alex look like an out of control gun fanatic. You didn't believe it and neither did I, and I don't think millions of others did either. And for people who need excuses, Alex gave it to them on a plate. But those who need excuses will always find something to put on their plate so leave them be... This isn't about selling, it's about sorting.

I like people who express their emotions, and he was not completely out of control, he still spoke a LOT of facts, could he have done a better job sure... hindsight is always 20/20. Someone on this thread was commenting on how Piers "won" solely because he was so calm and controlled... how naive my friend, how naive.... for I can guarantee you, the cold blooded killer that will sneak up and slit your throat without arousing your suspicion will be the calm and collected one... I find it is the more honest people who are known (at least by their inner circle as upstanding and honest) tend to be more outspoken and passionate. Its the silent, unflappable, calm collected ones, that creep me out... and Piers fits that to a tee...

Update: The soldier who went viral about the 2nd amendment has the right idea, learn how to exercise your rights and you can opt out of the statutory corporate policy system, still have access to funds to survive, and live according to your own lawful interpretation. This isn't pie in the sky. The 2nd amendment isn't going anywhere.

They are just adding in more statutory laws to the millions of existing statutes already in place, and they can do whatever they want in their corporation. One way or another people have to wake up to this reality and start educating themselves on how to give themselves the power to make their own choice of which jurisdiction they want to live in. But you can't make that decision if you don't even know there is such a choice to make.

To live according to principles (maxims) you must live a principle based life. There is a way to control the courts, and it lies in your birth right. But I don't think many are prepared to accept how that would work just yet... Even if it was explained to them in a way they understood. (it is more then just a technical rule based interpretation, but it is absolute control) People will be waking up to this as these ideas spread to a wider audience and become more articulately expressed by others.
    Last edited by sigma6; 10th January 2013 at 03:27.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

13th Warrior (10th January 2013), Arrowwind (10th January 2013), Brizil (10th January 2013), Christine (10th January 2013), Debra (13th January 2013), Referee (10th January 2013), Reinhard (10th January 2013), Ron Mauer Sr (10th January 2013), Snookie (12th January 2013)

26. Link to Post #155
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,368 times in 300 posts

Totally agree that Piers should not have an AR-15!!!

27. Link to Post #156
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,468 times in 950 posts

i feel more and more this like an trap or setup, all of sudden AJ became hot topic in alternative media.

only one negative thing about AJ is why he didn't answer straight away who behind 911? after all these years he talk about it and on CNN can't answer it but throw in some evidence...all he need to answer is Controllers behind it and throw all the evidence in.

28. Link to Post #157
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,248 times in 248 posts

Or one could argue, what's the big deal in us making a big deal. Maybe you should get over it?!

I think the positive thing we can get from from watching Alex Jones is the lesson that we do better by stacking our (verbal) ammo, and using it with a direct hit, not just blowing up the entire area with as many hits as possible

I agree, its great to have him at least doing something about it, but its no good if he undoes his good work all by himself. The way he comes across more like a bully, as he did with people like Peter Joseph. taking the piss out of Piers Morgan's accent - WTF was that? Childish and embarrassing.

He'd be more powerful with his work if he considers growing up and calming down.

On another note, thanks Bill, I didn't see the part of the interview - much much better!

Quote Posted by sigma6 (here)
    What's with everyone 'sucking out' because Alex ain't perfect, it's like the world revolves on excuses and blaming others. Alex may have started a movement with this one, and has put it on the map. And half the people on this site are already sucking the energy out of it (what a pathetic bunch we are) YES he could have been more controlled, but SO WHAT! BIG DEAL! Personally if you look at Alex overall, sure he is a spoiled rich kid. But look what he is doing with his money... trying to inform people. That is just who he is... get over it. Some people are collected and some are not... Alex is definitely not. And when I see him with friends and others outside the studio he is just an average guy. He is making a difference and if even a tiny fraction of people spoke with the same passion, believe me, the bottom feeders in Washington DC would crawl back under their rocks...

So no use knocking Alex, I think people can understand that kind of passion. Your just bothered by Piers propaganda spin trying to make Alex look like an out of control gun fanatic. You didn't believe it and neither did I, and I don't think millions of others did either. And for people who need excuses, Alex gave it to them on a plate. But those who need excuses will always find something to put on their plate so leave them be... This isn't about selling, it's about sorting.

I like people who express their emotions, and he was not completely out of control, he still spoke a LOT of facts, could he have done a better job sure... hindsight is always 20/20. Someone on this thread was commenting on how Piers "won" solely because he was so calm and controlled... how naive my friend, how naive.... for I can guarantee you, the cold blooded killer that will sneak up and slit your throat without arousing your suspicion will be the calm and collected one... I find it is the more honest people who are known (at least by their inner circle as upstanding and honest) tend to be more outspoken and passionate. Its the silent, unflappable, calm collected ones, that creep me out... and Piers fits that to a tee...

Update: The soldier who went viral about the 2nd amendment has the right idea, learn how to exercise your rights and you can opt out of the statutory corporate policy system, still have access to funds to survive, and live according to your own lawful interpretation. This isn't pie in the sky. The 2nd amendment isn't going anywhere.

They are just adding in more statutory laws to the millions of existing statutes already in place, and they can do whatever they want in their corporation. One way or another people have to wake up to this reality and start educating themselves on how to give themselves the power to make their own choice of which jurisdiction they want to live in. But you can't make that decision if you don't even know there is such a choice to make.

To live according to principles (maxims) you must live a principle based life. There is a way to control the courts, and it lies in your birth right. But I don't think many are prepared to accept how that would work just yet... Even if it was explained to them in a way they understood. (it is more then just a technical rule based interpretation, but it is absolute control) People will be waking up to this as these ideas spread to a wider audience and become more articulately expressed by others.
    Last edited by New Dawn; 10th January 2013 at 04:11.

29. Link to Post #158
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,436 times in 450 posts

xxxxx xxxxxx
    Last edited by sleepy; 6th October 2013 at 10:04.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sleepy For This Post:

Nickolai (10th January 2013), Timewaster (10th January 2013)

31. Link to Post #159
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

Quote Posted by sigma6 (here)
    What's with everyone 'sucking out' because Alex ain't perfect, it's like the world revolves on excuses and blaming others. Alex may have started a movement with this one, and has put it on the map. And half the people on this site are already sucking the energy out of it (what a pathetic bunch we are)

People will be waking up to this as these ideas spread to a wider audience and become more articulately expressed by others.
    I one hundred percent agree with you. An intelligent person will not get hung up in personality.. My son doest like Alex and said he was low class..that really shocked me.. I had to remind him that most of the young men who died trying to create this nation were quote LOW CLASS unquote... That he brought class into totally stunned me. I would think that those here on Avelon would know better. and yes I am questioning my son's own power of perception. .. but alas he is intutitionally brainwashed by the University.

I know of no better information source for truth than Alex Jones. Absolutley none. He reaches millions. He has been responsible for the awakening of many. He never tires, he never runs away, he never cowers in fear, he never gives up. His persistence is remarkable even though he has had many threats on his life... including the threat that mass media broadcasted to millions the other day where it was advised that he should be shot and all on stage laughed about it.

He does make mistakes, but he is in the trenches daily reporting or protesting on the streets or digging for information. We owe much to him even if you dont like his personality or his class, or lack of it.

you can bet his website has had more hits in the last two days than every before.

I dont think this will turn off the debate ... it is just the start.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

13th Warrior (10th January 2013)

33. Link to Post #160
    Canada Avalon Member Youniverse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 times in 532 posts

Quote Posted by T Smith (here)
    Quote Posted by Youniverse (here)
    I wonder what some of you thought about Mr.Kennedy's comment on the 2nd Amendment. He said Thomas Jefferson said it should be up for review every 20 years to see if it is still relevant or should be removed. That is for those folks that watched past Alex Jones.
    I believe this is a huge stretch. As far as I know, Jefferson said no such thing specifically about the 2nd Amendment. What he did say was the tree of liberty need be refreshed from time to time, and God forbid we go 20 years without a rebellion...

I'm sorry.. extinguishing rights doesn't count as a rebellion. Kennedy is way off in his understanding of what Jefferson said.
    Well actually Morgan had a guy on tonight that wrote a book about Thomas Jefferson that supported what Kennedy was saying. Particularly poignant was the part about Jefferson saying that expecting a population to stick to a constitution written a long time beforehand was like handing a grown man a boy's clothes.
    If we want to be enlightened, we need to lighten up

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 8 15 LastLast