+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: Dalai Lama is a hypocrite when it comes to eating meat!

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,583 times in 5,714 posts

Default Re: Dalai Lama is a hypocrite when it comes to eating meat!

Quote Posted by bram (here)
    Quote Posted by Chinaski (here)

silly, you say? maybe not quite as silly as the arrogance demonstrated in your statement suggesting a meat-eating man cannot be spiritually advanced. i dunno, mate: i'm was raised Catholic; i'm not sure what the Buddhists say about judgement....

i don't want to pick a fight with you Bram, but please answer this question: if your health, and maybe even your life depended on you consuming meat, would you eat it?
    I'm not saying that a meat-eating man cannot be spiritually advanced. But I dont think the Dalai Lama is spiritually advanced. I think he is clearly at war with his minders, who keep telling everybody he is vegetarian, then when he escapes into public he makes a beeline for the beef!

As for the last part of the quote above, before I answer it can you tell me what the magic ingredient is that can only be obtained from meat (especially for someone who has an entourage of chefs skilled in the arts of vegetarian cookery)?

I think the buddhists would say that judgement is unskillful behaviour (which means behaviour which does not lead towards the cessation of suffering but instead contributes to illusory thinking) so thanks for the reminder. I will shut up on this one!

Love, bram

damn you Bram! you're going to make me think and do research! i have rules against that..and a lazy reputation to uphold

i see you've answered my question with a question of your own. clever

this is a slippery slope, because i believe in eating meat raw. yup, raw. the reasons are endless, but i suggest you google 'weston price' or 'aajonus vonderplanitz'. i could go on endlessly, but i think it would require a new thread, honestly. and lets face it: you're not interested anyway and i don't blame you...

best,
    mike

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Debra (11th January 2013), DeDukshyn (11th January 2013), Eram (11th January 2013), Padmé (14th January 2013), realitycorrodes (11th January 2013), RMorgan (11th January 2013), Ultima Thule (11th January 2013)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

Quote Posted by another bob (here)
    A man in a dream ate a dream cow, while various dream characters offered opinions.

is that a Bob original? ha! brilliant!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

another bob (11th January 2013), Debra (11th January 2013), DeDukshyn (11th January 2013), Eram (11th January 2013), Heart-2-Heart (11th January 2013), Padmé (14th January 2013), RMorgan (11th January 2013)

5. Link to Post #23
    Australia Avalon Member realitycorrodes's Avatar
    Thanks

A man in a dream anally intruded upon a dream character against his wishes - and another dream character told him..."It's just a dream - nothing to get upset about!"

So it is acceptable to behave badly! Why?

Because it's a dream!

Great logic - Aristotle would be weeping in his dream grave - no doubt!

And aren't those other character's in a dream stupid to suggest the man who was anally intruded upon might have preferred not to have been?

P.S. It would be stupid to censor or ban anyone from the Avalon Forum for stating anything offensive because....guess what...it's a dream!

Last edited by realitycorrodes; 11th January 2013 at 04:07.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to realitycorrodes For This Post:

Akasha (15th January 2013), mosquito (11th January 2013), RMorgan (11th January 2013)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

i'm still trying to reconcile Bob getting raped with your imagery here...

oh, and by the way, what Bob and i do in our free time is our business. it wasn't a dream, but it was oh so dreamy...wouldn't ya say Bob

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Debra (11th January 2013), Padmé (14th January 2013), realitycorrodes (11th January 2013), RMorgan (11th January 2013)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Buddhism has many branches...same as Christian, they follow different doctrines...Tibetan monks can eat meat and get marry I think they believe Animals that already dead is ok to eat but you don't kill animals for food. Some of the Tibetan monks even pratice sexual ritual. Huge difference compared to Mahayana.

Buddhism from what I understand You don't set up a law to tell people not to do something , it's a free choice, once you develop to a higher consciousness level you become a vegetarian naturally, If you go above than that you can probably live without food or your physical body. But since many of us living in a solid world here, we eat animals and then we die as nutriment, it's a cycle.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Airwooz For This Post:

bram (11th January 2013), DeMeeee (11th January 2013), Mike (11th January 2013), mosquito (11th January 2013), PathWalker (11th January 2013), RMorgan (11th January 2013), Wind (11th January 2013)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

The person who wrote the letter in the op is an idiot. That is all.

"We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Mike (11th January 2013), PathWalker (11th January 2013), Sebastion (11th January 2013), Shade (12th January 2013)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

the gist of of the story goes like this:

Paramahansa Yogananda, a life long vegetarian, was once a guest at a home with his students. When they sat down to dinner with their host meat was served and Yogananda began to eat it. One of his students, shocked said something like.. Yogananda how can you?

Yogananda said we have blessed this food and I shall honor our gracious host.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Debra (11th January 2013), DeMeeee (11th January 2013), genevieve (11th January 2013), Mike (11th January 2013), PathWalker (11th January 2013), ROMANWKT (11th January 2013)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

The REAL Dalai Lama

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to realitycorrodes For This Post:

bram (11th January 2013), Debra (11th January 2013), Mike (11th January 2013), RMorgan (11th January 2013)

17. Link to Post #29
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,143 times in 403 posts

I agree Pathwalker. Most critics of the Dalai Lama have never read any of his works, heard him talk at length about how he lives or heard him talk of the Buddhadharma.

If the Dalai Lama is to be judged badly on a few so called misdeeds, than all that he has done to benefit sentient beings has been a waste and we are all doomed to suffer.

Such small minds and closed hearts throwing rocks and mud.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bright Garlick For This Post:

another bob (11th January 2013), Arrowwind (11th January 2013), DeDukshyn (11th January 2013), Mike (11th January 2013), PathWalker (11th January 2013)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Whiskey_Mystic (here)
    The person who wrote the letter in the op is an idiot. That is all.

i was going to say a$shole, but ok..have it your way, Mystic

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Padmé (14th January 2013)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,221 times in 2,274 posts

it wasn't a dream, but it was oh so dreamy...wouldn't ya say Bob

sigh . . . .

22. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Quote Posted by another bob (here)
    it wasn't a dream, but it was oh so dreamy...wouldn't ya say Bob

sigh . . . .

couldn't resist Bob, sorry i was set up perfectly; i had no choice but to hit it outta the park...

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

another bob (11th January 2013), Padmé (14th January 2013), realitycorrodes (11th January 2013), RMorgan (11th January 2013)

24. Link to Post #33
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,221 times in 2,274 posts

i had no choice but to hit it outta the park...
    "Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
    I don't care if we ever come back...."

25. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

What is presented is a logical argument.

Just because the argument presented seems to suggest one has been deceived into thinking someone is something they are not, is no reason to resort to name calling.

We all get upset when we feel we may have been lied to. No one likes to be lied to or shown that they may have been wrong.

Naming calling someone small minded and close hearted is not the answer.

Especially when the one who is being accused of being "closed hearted" is presenting a logical argument for the prevention of the unnecessary slaughter of millions of innocent sentient beings?

One is almost left speechless as a result of such an accusation?

If someone accidentally went to dinner at a pedophiles house and while eating, the pedophile confided in their pedophilia to the guest and offered a small child to rape for desert.

Does the guest when offered a small child to rape by the pedophile say yes in order to not offend the pedophile?

Which is worse...hurting someone's misguided feelings, rape, or encouraging the murder of millions of innocent sentient beings?

It is better to think for oneself than to quote from manufactured authority figures like the Dalai Lama or Yogananda.

It is not as difficult as it may seem.

I for one am losing confidence in the majority of humans to some day be able to do this.

There is nothing fundamentalist about being vegetarian - it is pure logic.

Fundamentalist are those who support causes which are not based on logic - an example of which would be Zionists.

To use the flag of the Rothschilds as an avatar in Avalon demonstrates a level of hypocrisy hither to not seen and is a measure of how low this discussion area has sunk - no wonder such a person is arguing for the slaughter of millions of innocent sentient beings - animals and humans a like.

Shame on you.
    Last edited by realitycorrodes; 11th January 2013 at 07:20.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realitycorrodes For This Post:

Mike (12th January 2013), RMorgan (11th January 2013)

27. Link to Post #35
    Wales Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,775 times in 1,313 posts

If you really want to know about meat eating, its covered here in this short book that may open your eyes in astonishment, meaning you better eat it or be eaten spiritually?????

regards

roman

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/atta...1&d=1357819061

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ROMANWKT For This Post:

Mike (12th January 2013), realitycorrodes (11th January 2013)

29. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

It is about compassion - not about health - health is the poor excuse to cover up a lack of compassion.

Spiritually is a belief as is being eaten spiritually.

It is my experience when it comes to discussing spirituality there is generally no hard evidence that can be produced - usually only subjective opinions - which pretty much lends itself to a conversation that goes in circles.

I downloaded your book. It looks entertaining - I am looking forward to reading it.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to realitycorrodes For This Post:

Mike (12th January 2013), PathWalker (11th January 2013), ROMANWKT (11th January 2013)

31. Link to Post #37
    Wales Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,775 times in 1,313 posts

Quote Posted by realitycorrodes (here)
    It is about compassion - not about health - health is the poor excuse to cover up a lack of compassion.

Spiritually is a belief as is being eaten spiritually.

It is my experience when it comes to discussing spirituality there is generally no hard evidence that can be produced - usually only subjective opinions - which pretty much lends itself to a conversation that goes in circles.

I downloaded your book. It looks entertaining - I am looking forward to reading it.
    This teacher explains that the whole universe is a farm for these vampirc parasites that survive on negative activities of all here on this earth and beyond, and all religious worship is directed to these parasites, they are your gods, we are their source of existence, read the short book, its worth it, there is a lot there and to the point.

Regards to you realitycorrodes

roman

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ROMANWKT For This Post:

Mike (12th January 2013), realitycorrodes (11th January 2013), RMorgan (11th January 2013)

33. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,262 times in 256 posts

this is a slippery slope, because i believe in eating meat raw. yup, raw. the reasons are endless, but i suggest you google 'weston price' or 'aajonus vonderplanitz'. i could go on endlessly, but i think it would require a new thread, honestly. and lets face it: you're not interested anyway and i don't blame you...

best,
    mike
    Always answer a question with a question, right? but you know why I did that.

Anyway I googled Weston Price and found that he was a dentist who said indigenous people had better teeth than us. but they don't have as much chocolate or sugar in their coffee.

Then I googled this Aajanus guy who I've never heard of over here, and oh boy, what a can of worms!! What's going on there?? Lots of stories about fake names and qualifications (used to be an actor on General Hospital???) and stories about extortion and rotten meat diets, and people getting sick and dying from his diets. I'm guessing you're gonna tell me thats all BS.
    Last edited by bram; 11th January 2013 at 09:10.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bram For This Post:

Akasha (15th January 2013), Mike (12th January 2013), realitycorrodes (11th January 2013), RMorgan (11th January 2013)

35. Link to Post #39
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,652 times in 21,533 posts

Quote Posted by bram (here)
    Anyway I googled weston Price and found that he was a dentist who said indigenous people had better teeth than us. but they don't have as much chocolate or sugar in their coffee.
    Weston Price said a lot more than that . He was one of the finest students of human health I know of.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (11th January 2013), bram (11th January 2013), Mike (12th January 2013)

37. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,262 times in 256 posts

That was the results of my thirty second google exercise, but I did bookmark him to read some more. Any suggestions on where to begin?

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bram For This Post:

Mike (12th January 2013), RMorgan (11th January 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast