+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst 1 19 29 34 LastLast

Thread: Their Mind and the Emotional Matrix that we create with it.

1. Link to Post #561
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Default Re: Their Mind and the Emotional Matrix that we create with it.

I haven't taken away your authority. Something else might have. That is why we are in this thread. I can't very well take away your self authority if something else has already robbed you of it, can I?

Back on Topic.

2. Link to Post #562
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,436 times in 450 posts

xxxxx xxxxx
    Last edited by sleepy; 6th October 2013 at 09:13.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sleepy For This Post:

Finefeather (2nd February 2013), Limor Wolf (1st February 2013), ROMANWKT (1st February 2013), SilentFeathers (1st February 2013)

4. Link to Post #563
    Thanks

When you demonstrate you have some understanding of the topic besides just saying you do....then I will know that for sure. I mean I can claim to drive a car and then run someone into a tree with it.

If you don't that will be made plain as well.

I asked you to bring it here because it is central to the topic we are talking bout. You wanted to know why I did what i did and i told you.

The thread you brought it from is mostly a circular round and round going no where. It's better off here where it won't hurt anyone.

And I didn't invite this here so you could get into an equally circular motion about where authority comes from. Yes we know where self authority comes from.

Quote Posted by sleepy (here)
    I am a child of God and only God can give or take away my authority....not 9eagle9

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    I haven't taken away your authority. Something else might have. That is why we are in this thread. I can't very well take away your self authority if something else has already robbed you of it, can I?

Back on Topic.
    This is the topic. You said I don't have the authority to know what is what and I said you are not correct.
    Last edited by 9eagle9; 1st February 2013 at 19:35.

5. Link to Post #564
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,142 times in 2,883 posts

Quote Posted by sleepy (here)
    I am a child of God and only God can give or take away my authority....not 9eagle9[COLOR="red"]
    Actually you can give your own authority away if you choose, but God probably wouldn't like that if you did.....
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

8t88 (1st February 2013), 9eagle9 (1st February 2013), aikisaw (1st February 2013), Belle (2nd February 2013), D-Day (1st February 2013), Gardener (1st February 2013), Rocky_Shorz (1st February 2013), ROMANWKT (1st February 2013)

7. Link to Post #565
    Thanks

xxxxx xxxxx
    Last edited by sleepy; 6th October 2013 at 09:12.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sleepy For This Post:

Limor Wolf (1st February 2013), ROMANWKT (1st February 2013)

9. Link to Post #566
    Thanks

xxxxx xxxxxx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sleepy For This Post:

Limor Wolf (1st February 2013)

11. Link to Post #567
    Thanks

Goodbye Sleepy If you want an argument move your question back to the chasm from whence it came. There are not dozens of people in here talking about the topic with dozens of pages and responses because they don't know what they are talking about. And you don't know that because you self admittedly didn't read the thread. If you know something you are welcome to contribute. If you don't and just want to make an argument based on belief then ... Goodbye. You can are more than welcome to comment on the topic or subject matter but this is not a thread for personal attacks. I asked you a series of questions. Hard questions. Yes. You don't want to answer them that's your choice. Like Fred you refuse to answer them in a meaningful way that describes to others that you have a vested interest in the topic or seek some understanding. You have made yourself clear. Thank you.

You didn't even read my first response to you in this thread because it started like this >Read the thread and you may better understand what I am about to say.<

Sleepy I ASKED YOU if you had the authority. I asked you to read the thread to better understand what I was about to say. IN that response ... I asked you a SERIES of questions. You didn't read the thread you didn't didn't really answer the questions and then you got got defensive.

My apologies I thought you came here with a real question in mind. I cannot talk through defensiveness. It's a waste of time and energy and I've wasted enough of it already. I am not going to waste any more time on your personal issueances, either stay or go the choice is up to.

nuff said.
    Last edited by 9eagle9; 1st February 2013 at 20:04.

12. Link to Post #568
    Thanks

xxxxx xxxxx

13. Link to Post #569
    Thanks

xxxxx xxxxx
    Last edited by sleepy; 6th October 2013 at 09:11.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sleepy For This Post:

9eagle9 (1st February 2013), Limor Wolf (1st February 2013)

15. Link to Post #570
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 768 posts

9e9, that exchange brought something to mind, something for your consideration.

That is, the aim of this thread is to spread awareness and advance understanding, but for newcomers it is a bit unwieldy. 29 pages is a whole heck of a lot of reading, and as time goes on it becomes more and more daunting to the uninitiated, and the 'price of admission' becomes ever steeper...

Maybe the time has come to start a new thread? It would give you the opportunity to re-frame the initial argument, or 'mission statement' (whichever you think is the more appropriate term), in light of any evolution your perspective has undergone since its inception. Surely insights have been gained along the way that would contribute to this end.

Don't get me wrong; there have been some incredibly valuable posts and sub-discussions that have transpired here, but there is also a lot of clutter. We could always provide a link to this thread in the new one, or even re-post certain specific contributions which are particularly succinct or insightful. We could continue the conversation there, but with at least one post in the beginning which aims to summarize this thread as succinctly as possible, so more people can join the discussion without a homework assignment that requires literally hours of reading (esp. slow readers like me).

Just my two cents, currently. I do believe this is an important message, and I want to enable more people to access it.
    Mercy, forgiveness, and compassion are the most virtuous forms of love
    Let your heart not be hardened by injustice and tribulation

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Freed Fox For This Post:

9eagle9 (1st February 2013), aikisaw (1st February 2013), Belle (2nd February 2013), D-Day (1st February 2013), donk (1st February 2013), Gardener (1st February 2013), Hervé (1st February 2013), Referee (2nd February 2013), RUSirius (1st February 2013), SilentFeathers (1st February 2013), write4change (2nd February 2013)

17. Link to Post #571
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,142 times in 2,883 posts

This thread is what it is with waves of different levels, swaying here and there, well, here and there.....starting a new thread would cut this one short in my opinion. This thread kind of has a life of it's own, it would be a bummer to file it away so soon
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

8t88 (1st February 2013), 9eagle9 (1st February 2013), aikisaw (1st February 2013), alexandra (2nd February 2013), Belle (2nd February 2013), D-Day (1st February 2013), Freed Fox (1st February 2013), Gardener (1st February 2013), Hervé (1st February 2013), modwiz (2nd February 2013), RUSirius (1st February 2013)

19. Link to Post #572
    Thanks

xxxxx xxxxx
    Last edited by sleepy; 6th October 2013 at 09:10.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sleepy For This Post:

Referee (2nd February 2013)

21. Link to Post #573
    Thanks

Summary: We are not operating under our own volition.

Freed Fox . ....I don't know. If you can think of way to do that please do. I come from a truly unfeeling place of 'I had to read for decades' someone can read 29 pages. But really one can't really show anyone unless they've had their own experiences....as we've all had these experiences. We may not know we've had them. Self reclamation work helps with that. There comes a point where we stop talking and start doing.

But reading really just opens the door. You have to have the experiences to go with the ideas. Like we had recently. A lot of people had experiences to align with what we are talking about here recently. All of us together. A lot of us here shared a sort of telepathy there in those instances.

And I'm not sure what you are asking me. Or if there is anyway to summarize 20,000 years of programming. It's beyond me. And honestly we are a sound bitten programed people . We want information in summaries and compressions. That's public education and our social programming. This stuff has to be studied, in depth not sure if it can be summarized in an effective way. Or if it's even safe to do so.

...to thoroughly know something you have to read, study and experience what you've learned.

Vivek actually is the better person to ask but he already takes on tons on his plate. Then his posts are rather lengthy too. I just read them. Can't get around it. Someone did summarize something that he wrote and put it in terms where I had the aha moment that I previously didn't get before so maybe there is a way to get around this.

Not sure where to start though. People have posted tons of links and information, one has to read through all of that.

22. Link to Post #574
    United States Avalon Member RUSirius's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,457 times in 507 posts

There comes a point where we stop talking and start doing.

But reading really just opens the door. You have to have the experiences to go with the ideas. Like we had recently. A lot of people had experiences to align with what we are talking about here recently. All of us together. A lot of us here shared a sort of telepathy there in those instances.
    I just like to take a moment/breath and point the above out, this has been the true spirit of this thread all along.

23. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RUSirius For This Post:

8t88 (1st February 2013), 9eagle9 (1st February 2013), aikisaw (1st February 2013), Belle (2nd February 2013), D-Day (1st February 2013), Freed Fox (1st February 2013), Gardener (1st February 2013), Hervé (1st February 2013), modwiz (2nd February 2013), NancyV (1st February 2013), SilentFeathers (1st February 2013), wegge (1st February 2013)

24. Link to Post #575
    Thanks

Another point of learning. READ what is being said. I get a sense that certain parties are 1) not aware of what they are posting. 2) Not reading other's posts because they are already in defense mode. (no slight intended for those inhabiting this thread)

I need to defend against what I think is in that post! That mechanism is precisely what we are talking about here.

I hear that alot. I didn't read your post but it made me angry...lol.

There's no understanding in doing that and its obvious when people do it.

We are not overly private people. We can't hide what we are not aware of what we are doing.
    Last edited by 9eagle9; 1st February 2013 at 20:56.

25. Link to Post #576
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 768 posts

Summary: We are not operating under our own volition.

Freed Fox . ....I don't know. If you can think of way to do that please do. I come from a truly unfeeling place of 'I had to read for decades' someone can read 29 pages. But really one can't really show anyone unless they've had their own experiences....as we've all had these experiences. We may not know we've had them. Self reclamation work helps with that. There comes a point where we stop talking and start doing.

And I'm not sure what you are asking me. Or if there is anyway to summarize 20,000 years of programming. It's beyond me. And honestly we are a sound bitten programed people . We want information in summaries and compressions. That's public education and our social programming. This stuff has to be studied, in depth not sure if it can be summarized in an effective way. Or if it's even safe to do so.

...to thoroughly know something you have to read, study and experience what you've learned.

Vivek actually is the better person to ask but he already takes on tons on his plate. Then his posts are rather lengthy too. I just read them. Can't get around it. Someone did summarize something that he wrote and put it in terms where I had the aha moment that I previously didn't get before so maybe there is a way to get around this.

Not sure where to start though. People have posted tons of links and information, one has to read through all of that.
    Thanks, and I definitely get where you're coming from, in regards to both the instant gratification that we've come to love, and the requirement of experience that serves as a barrier to understanding. I also see SilentFeathers' point, and wouldn't want to deflate this thread or 'file it away', as it were.

Even so, I find myself somewhat compelled to try this. Perhaps a supplementary, alternate take rather than a replacement... I can fathom ways to approach this from a different angle while preserving the core, essential message. I wouldn't want to take away from the life of this thread (not calling it an inhabited construct necessarily, but it certainly does have a unique energy of sorts), but it might be of service to many others to initiate a parallel discussion.

I'm going to 'hit the books' so to speak, and see if I can't formulate something worthwhile (though honestly Vivek or Rahkyt would likely do a much better job than I)...
    Mercy, forgiveness, and compassion are the most virtuous forms of love
    Let your heart not be hardened by injustice and tribulation

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Freed Fox For This Post:

9eagle9 (1st February 2013), aikisaw (1st February 2013), alexandra (2nd February 2013), Belle (2nd February 2013), D-Day (1st February 2013), Gardener (1st February 2013), NancyV (1st February 2013), Rocky_Shorz (1st February 2013), RUSirius (1st February 2013), SilentFeathers (1st February 2013)

27. Link to Post #577
    Thanks

Freed I suggest you try it. Writing has a way of keeping the aggressive portion of the mind tied up while one's real thoughts on the matter come to hand. Why don't you try it.

I hate to say it:I may be shrinking from it because I don't 'feel' like it...lol.

28. Link to Post #578
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

pulls up a chair and grabs a bucket of

I normally follow this thread on cell phone, but thought I'd pop in to say hi...

sleepy is just taking the first step in not sleeping, understanding the controls we have all been under, but I pointed out in the other thread there is still work to be done that came out in words...

that is what happens being surrounded by gifted, things you normally try to hide are exposed and shared voluntarily in the open...

now it's easy to say that's not what I meant, but, once said it is there to be looked at from both sides...

the defensive response is very natural in all of us, finding a way to drop it and listen is how we grow...

thanks for the popcorn, keep the peace all...
    Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 1st February 2013 at 21:30.

29. Link to Post #579
    Thanks

Influences can be external...the mechanism that allows them in is inside of us.

Quote Posted by RUSirius (here)
    Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    I was going to post this in response to someone, but my response went beyond the scope of the question, and since have found the thread disappeared. Right on topic here, so let me repeat others in my own words:

Suppressed material in the consciousness can wreak all sorts of havoc with one's mind and emotions. Such traumas can get buried deep, as a defense mechanism, to protect the young mind, but as time goes on there is a movement underneath as the attempt is made to bring it back to mind to be dealt with, healed and cleared. I suspect it's our own subconscious at work, what we see as a rash of psychic attacks within this forum, it can be very easy to mistake an internal boogey man for one external. People tend to forget that a wide array of conditions can cause the symptoms people are experiencing, even the stress it can cause in the mind sitting in front of a computer screen for too long, that being a simple example of one unnatural condition that can cause the symptom of tightness in the chest, easily mistaken as an attack when really the subconscious is trying to tell you to go for a walk and get some fresh air. One example, but our daily lives are chock full of instances of unnatural "modern" behaviors, any of which or combinations thereof may lead to symptoms that can send one looking for some external cause, so it would be good to always take a breather before deciding for sure that you might be under attack.
    I believe this probably applies to me. I posted on the "report attacks" thread about symptoms I had been experiencing since this past weekend. I NEVER said however that it was necessarily psychic, just symptoms of what I was experiencing, when and how it usually comes about. What is AMAZING to me, is how fast one can see clearer once one excepts responsibility and does not blame outside influences, not that outside influences can not "attack" I would imagine they can. My point is this, I believe for me, I am the avenue for the outside influences if I allow them to influence, so I am ultimately the "root cause" even if there are outside influences. Disclaimer: I am not saying this applies to everyone, or that my mind cant change or make other connections I have not yet realized.

30. Link to Post #580
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Indeed, yet one assuming first that everything one experiences is some form of attack, that one will find one heck of a lot of attacks going on. In Discordianism, it's the Law of Fives, where everything relates to the number five, and suddenly the fives, they are everywhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst 1 19 29 34 LastLast