+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: If Peace was guaranteed on condition that humans would stop slaughtering and eating animals...

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member realitycorrodes's Avatar
    Thanks

Default If Peace was guaranteed on condition that humans would stop slaughtering and eating animals...

If peace on this planet was guaranteed on condition that humans would stop slaughtering and eating animals...

Which would we choose?

A. The Guaranteed PEACE - on condition that humans stop slaughtering and eating animals

or

B. The continued slaughter and eating of animals by humans plus the continued slaughter and mistreatment of humans (in manufactured wars and manipulated economies) by their overlords

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to realitycorrodes For This Post:

Hip Hipnotist (14th January 2013), Lifebringer (14th January 2013), RMorgan (14th January 2013), ROMANWKT (14th January 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (14th January 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Hip Hipnotist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,155 times in 314 posts

Default Re: If Peace was guaranteed on condition that humans would stop slaughtering and eating animals...

Well, if it's really, really guaranteed I know what I'd choose, and most likely what you'd choose, and no doubt what many here on Avalon would choose.

I also know ( it's pretty obvious ) what maaaaaannnnny others would choose.

And so the cycle continues. ;-(

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hip Hipnotist For This Post:

Carmody (16th January 2013), realitycorrodes (14th January 2013), RMorgan (14th January 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (14th January 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,863 times in 3,179 posts

Default Re: If Peace was guaranteed on condition that humans would stop slaughtering and eating animals...

I'd take "the good pAckage". Of course.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Carmody (16th January 2013), Hip Hipnotist (14th January 2013), realitycorrodes (14th January 2013), RMorgan (14th January 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (14th January 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,459 times in 1,312 posts

Quote Posted by realitycorrodes (here)
    If peace on this planet was guaranteed on condition that humans would stop slaughtering and eating animals...

Which would we choose?

A. The Guaranteed PEACE - on condition that humans stop slaughtering and eating animals

or

B. The continued slaughter and eating of animals by humans plus the continued slaughter and mistreatment of humans (in manufactured wars and manipulated economies) by their overlords
    So if we stop killing animals and eating meat, we'll have peace. You'll guarantee that?

Another unfortunately hypothetical proposition.

Guaranteed peace, on the condition that you give up your personal agenda.
    Last edited by markpierre; 14th January 2013 at 08:26. Reason: typo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

Tesla_WTC_Solution (14th January 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,269 times in 905 posts

Great, another loaded, pointless, energy-draining thread.

Just what we all needed... not!

Uuurgh, you'll have to excuse me... I feel the sudden urge to go take a shower.

10. Link to Post #6
    Australia Avalon Member realitycorrodes's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a straight forward question.
    Only requires a straight forward answer.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to realitycorrodes For This Post:

Carmody (16th January 2013), Hip Hipnotist (14th January 2013), RMorgan (14th January 2013), ROMANWKT (14th January 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (14th January 2013)

12. Link to Post #7
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

Absolutely A ! thats a no brainer

Naniu

13. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,269 times in 905 posts

It's a loaded question, and you know it.

But hopefully nobody here will be stupid enough to indulge you by assuming the role of ofdevils advocate.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see about that though.

... enjoy your little game.

14. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

If the entire world and everyone on it could become enlightened at once and a utopia of world peace lasting :::forever::: would ensue, if, and only upon the condition that you chose A, would you:

A. eat nothing but prana, and not another thing must pass your lips but radioactive water and your partner’s bodily fluids (can’t take ALL the fun out of living) for the rest of the time you manage to live, so that no other living thing including plants ever has to suffer again.

OR

B. The selfish and indulgent eating of food stuffs requiring the slaughter of plants animals fungi bacteria and protists which obviates the necessitation of also slaughtering humans as well.

Simple question ladies and gents. OR perhaps walkie your talkie and actually choose A or B in practice?
    or maybe just go do whatever you do and have a nice day.

15. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,152 times in 2,815 posts

Which one would you choose and why.

16. Link to Post #11
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

Which would we choose?

or

I would continue to live my life as I see fit and not rely on someone/something else telling me they/it would be able to guarantee something called "peace" if only I would do as they tell me too. Yeah, I don't like being told what to do so I'd probably end up in a vegucation camp!

What next?

Give up my first born for free energy?
    Part of my brain for guaranteed happiness?
    I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...

What a ridiculous line of questioning designed to control responses.
    -- Pan
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

D-Day (14th January 2013), Gardener (18th January 2013), Rocky_Shorz (14th January 2013)

18. Link to Post #12
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Humans ought to be confident in their ability with modern tech to establish a STABLE form of agriculture,
    freeing animals of the burden of being convenient packages of energy for our consumption.

Until we are like ancient Egypt, stockpiling grain and not starving the populace, there will be slaughter of animals and war.

It's really sad to think about this.

/cry
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 14th January 2013 at 12:47.

19. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

If the humans had to stop the slaughter and waited til the animal died a natural old age, then proteins could be stored in our vitamins, and the need for slaughtering them, would not be necessary. I love veggies, but will our bodies deteriorate, muscle tone to hold the skeletal system survive this lack of protein. Are our bodies to undertake a different dna structuring that doesn't require "meats" as a survival? I think if we can think of a way to only store the proteins from naturally deceased animals, it would be great.
    Now, the lying wars category in my opinion, they must be held accountable. WE needed a Eliot Ness to get the nest of vipers out of the people's lives who kill without mercy because it's only business, now our "prominent? elites" flaunt it on YT and dare justice to show up. The arrogance of the ego on these phycho's deserves an oscar on "rubbing chit in God's laws and subjecting His children to not a life of experience, but torment. Born into a tyrannical world of hidden boogeymen, that probably drool off in bed at night.

Ashes to ashes, and dust to dust.

The people will not stand for it. When our independence was declared for freedom from Eng, Rome, and other ptw, it reverberated a democracy and freedom for all beings growing on the worlds/planets. WE have a job to do, and by God's will, it will be done.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

realitycorrodes (14th January 2013), Rocky_Shorz (14th January 2013), ROMANWKT (14th January 2013), sigma6 (18th January 2013)

21. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member Hip Hipnotist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,155 times in 314 posts

Quote Posted by D-DAY (here)

The thread title alone should tell one all they need to know about the content within.

If I felt the need to 'take a shower' I ( in all likelihood ) would simply pass this by and save my 'click' for another thread.

"Just what we all needed... not!"

When you say, "We all" I assume you're referring to everyone here.

An incorrect assumption.

At least for me.

--------------

BTW: I don't give a rat's tookus what people eat. You can eat a rat's tookus for all I care. ;-)

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hip Hipnotist For This Post:

greybeard (14th January 2013), Heart-2-Heart (14th January 2013), realitycorrodes (14th January 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (14th January 2013)

23. Link to Post #15
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

As a retired hypnotist I would say the challenge is not to get a client into a trance but to get them out of one.
    People are unaware that they run programmed by their conditioning.
    So when the person becomes aware of where their belief come from progress is made-- the client takes responsibility for their actions.
    So on topic--- I think Reality Corrodes has a good heart but the topic question is flawed for reasons given. (loaded question)
    And I agree that saying "We All" is equally flawed for the reasons Hip Hypnotist gave.
    An assumption makes an ass of u and me.
    Politicians use generalities to prove a point---- "Everybody agrees" "Most people know that (im right)" etc

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 14th January 2013 at 16:25.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

DeDukshyn (14th January 2013), Heart-2-Heart (14th January 2013), sigma6 (18th January 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (14th January 2013), Ultima Thule (14th January 2013), Wind (15th January 2013)

25. Link to Post #16
    Denmark Avalon Member Heart-2-Heart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hip Hipnotist (here)
    Quote Posted by D-DAY (here)

The thread title alone should tell one all they need to know about the content within.

If I felt the need to 'take a shower' I ( in all likelihood ) would simply pass this by and save my 'click' for another thread.

"Just what we all needed... not!"

When you say, "We all" I assume you're referring to everyone here.

An incorrect assumption.

At least for me.

--------------

BTW: I don't give a rat's tookus what people eat. You can eat a rat's tookus for all I care. ;-)
    If I have a headache ..and take a pill ..I don't expect that everybody on Avalon need to take one as well...

H2h
    Last edited by Heart-2-Heart; 14th January 2013 at 16:41.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heart-2-Heart For This Post:

DeDukshyn (14th January 2013), greybeard (14th January 2013)

27. Link to Post #17
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

I better not say the joke you made me think of...

28. Link to Post #18
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

we'll find peace on earth through starvation? Sounds like an ET plan for takeover... starve into weakness so no one could raise a hand as they appear and take over...

no one is making this offer

no one will ever make this offer

there aren't enough Vegi's in the world to feed everyone...

sitting with crossed legs under a tree eating leafs isn't for everyone...

some people have to work, and can't do it without strength that comes from eating meat...

humans are meat eaters, after millions of years of evolution, just suddenly shutting it off would destroy us...

I'll take a Wopper with an M16 on the side...

29. Link to Post #19
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Quote Posted by Hip Hipnotist (here)
    Well, if it's really, really guaranteed I know what I'd choose, and most likely what you'd choose, and no doubt what many here on Avalon would choose.

I also know ( it's pretty obvious ) what maaaaaannnnny others would choose.

And so the cycle continues. ;-(
    well I guess I have the advantage, I can shut off the TV and suddenly my whole world is at peace...

there are no wars, no shootings, in fact just about everything that is depressing goes away when shutting off the Tube...

so instead of giving up my Barbequed Steak and Ribs...

I'll shut off the world that hasn't found peace yet...

isn't that what Guru's do?

search for inner peace to fill it with light and ignore everything else in the world...

maybe the secret is to start forcing Guru's to eat meat so they get enough strength to start caring about what is happening in the real world...

so let's twist the original question to this...

C: if it meant guaranteed world peace if everyone had at least one serving of meat each day so they had the strength to stand up against Tyrannical Peace hating leaders, NeoCons and religious Zealots... would you chose the one and only right answer?
    Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 14th January 2013 at 18:14.

30. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Meh, Rocky beat me to it ...
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 14th January 2013 at 19:14.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

TargeT (16th January 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast