+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The physical part of energy/spiritual development

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default The physical part of energy/spiritual development

This post may be too direct and physical for some members, but I rarely if ever have had the chance to talk with others who meditate regularly and attempt to develop their body from either of the spiritual traditions.

For years I have followed the basic techniques taught by Mantak Chia, who really is the only one I have ever come across that has given direct instruction on how to go about this. He teaches many forms of guided meditation for people to be able to develop, and how to access what he might call universal energies.

I don't know how common these techniques are but over the years I have come across different descriptions of bodily sensations, visual and other experiences people from many different tradition have had in their spiritual practices. I use the word spiritual in a wide sense, sort of anything that has to do with inner consciousness and our energy body.

There is widely talked about the ascension we are going through, and the opening of the fourth chakra. The heart center is connected with the "virtues" of compassion, love, respect, patience, but can at times be quite a challenge when the not so light polarities of hatred, cruelty, and impatience are to be transformed.

I am trying to activate my third eye, and to integrate energies from the fifth and six chakras, but are wondering how is this suppose to feel like, or what experiences to look for?

I have constant feeling of the energy running trough at least some of the meridians, and the energy flow under my feet, up to the first chakra is there constantly. And here enters the flow of energy that connects all the parts of the body related to our sexuality, and the energies that reach out and affect our surroundings.

I hope you can forgive me for being rather blunt and direct about this, and I know most literature is much more vague and mostly uses aphorisms.

There are the glands in the body connected to the activation of certain energies, like the prostate (in men), then the heart center in connection with the thymus gland, throat chakra to the thyroid gland, and pineal gland to the third eye. The prostate, the heart/thymus I can feel constantly, but what about the six chakra/pineal glad? Is there a similar physical sensation connected to the activation of this energy center?

Years ago when I for a period went regularly to a healer who practiced traditional medicinal qi gong, I has some strange experiences where pictures literally hit my forehead almost like suction force, hard to describe really. Now the experiences are few and far between, but I wonder, how do you go about activating this energy center, and what experiences to expect?

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: The physical part of energy/spiritual development

Quote Posted by silverlightning (here)

I am trying to activate my third eye, and to integrate energies from the fifth and six chakras, but are wondering how is this suppose to feel like, or what experiences to look for?...
    ...The prostate, the heart/thymus I can feel constantly, but what about the six chakra/pineal glad? Is there a similar physical sensation connected to the activation of this energy center?
    I don`t have an answer for you, but did you work with Mantak Chias sexual transformation technique?

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: The physical part of energy/spiritual development

Quote Posted by silverlightning (here)
    The prostate, the heart/thymus I can feel constantly, but what about the six chakra/pineal glad? Is there a similar physical sensation connected to the activation of this energy center?
    Personally, the only time that I'm aware of 'kundalini', 'Chi', or activity of the psychic centers is when I choose to focus on it. There is usually physical sensation in the pineal/third eye area, but again, I only become aware of it when I go into meditative states, 'psychedelic' states induced by plants, or when I choose to use any kind of 'extra-sensory' methods of perception. For me it appears as a pressure in the forehead, right above the eyebrows. Sometimes it's strong, sometimes it's weak. Sometimes it appears as a throbbing sensation, sometimes it actually makes my skin tickle in that area.

My knowledge of the psychic centers is from the Kabbalistic tradition, so I can't comment much on your other questions. Maybe someone from an Eastern perspective can chime in and help you out.
    Last edited by Solphilos; 20th September 2010 at 20:11.
    In Lak'ech Ala K'in

+ Reply to Thread