+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To me, the idea of living forever seems ridiculous.

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default To me, the idea of living forever seems ridiculous.

While I would prefer to exist for a long time, longer than this very brief current life of mine, the idea that I will exist for ever and ever seems kind of ludicrous when I try to imagine forever, where the length of time our Sun will exist is less than an eyeblink divided by a billion eyeblinks.

Yes, I want to live much, much longer than my current incarnation, but consciously living for all eternity initially sounds good, but on further examination sounds very unrealistic.

Maybe eventually reuniting with source, and saying goodbye to our individual consciousness is a wise and necessary path for us.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Midnight For This Post:

Anchor (28th January 2013), Jenci (1st February 2013), panopticon (28th January 2013), Rich (17th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,616 times in 3,425 posts

Default Re: To me, the idea of living forever seems ridiculous.

Not a lot you can do about it really.... for the current moment at any rate.

Give it some time, maybe you'll see different.

Maybe you need some more interesting challenges ?

Perhaps time is just an illusion?
    Those of the positive polarity are of service when by action or thought or even intention, another entity or the self is freer to seek his or her own path than before the intended service was performed. --L/Leema

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Fred Steeves (28th January 2013), panopticon (28th January 2013), Rich (17th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,224 times in 8,668 posts

In "that" reality there is only the eternal moment which is ever new---not like our time.
    Yogananda when asked if the bliss he experienced in meditation got boring responded---its ever new.---new and fresh is not boring.

I would not like to live much more that the allotted span as a human--- the body so limits, particularly as it ages
    I wouldn’t mind having a permanent 18 year old body knowing what I know now-- with the confidence I have now.
    Dad used a famous quote " Youth is wasted on the young"
    Chris
    A charity to help African Children become self sufficient. :attention:

http://www.learningtoolsforselfdevelopment.co.uk/

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anchor (28th January 2013), conk (4th February 2013), Fred Steeves (28th January 2013), meeradas (28th January 2013), panopticon (28th January 2013), peterpam (28th January 2013), Soul Safari (28th January 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Living forever and the implications of it are different than the carnal man commonly thinks. If a person has left this earth realm and moved on he has likely left time as we know it behind as well thereby going on to a new normal. If transmigration of the soul brings us back to this earth in a new body then it will be a while before we have to concern ourselves with forever some where else.
    The book of Isaiah speaks to returning to the earth (Isaiah 65:17 to 20), not to mention Ezekiel 16:53 to 55, 2 Maccabees 12:41 to 45.
    What if a person remembers existing some where else before they come here? What if you can remember parts of a past life? What if you have talents you have carried forward from a past life?
    The fact that we are here now means we have to live this life and do it to the best of our abilities.

8. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,342 times in 1,331 posts

I think you are contemplating "sempeternity" - the endless duration of time. "Eternity", on the other hand, is outside the realm of time. It is not easy to understand the concept of eternal life, when our minds are programmed to see the world in three dimensions of space and one of time.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Rich (17th February 2019), selinam (28th January 2013), Wind (31st January 2013)

10. Link to Post #6
    Romania Avalon Member Andreash94's Avatar
    Thanks

the only thing we are shure about its time id say and it clean evrything

11. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,357 times in 1,921 posts

As your consciousness expands you come to realize the meaning of eternity as part of it, and that this physical experience (with all its inconveniences) is just a needed step to get there.

Have fun
    Last edited by Camilo; 28th January 2013 at 16:05.

12. Link to Post #8
    Great Britain Avalon Member Kiforall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,689 times in 526 posts

I have difficulty getting my head around the fact that it may take 15 generations to actually reach a 'Golden Age'. That means I may return 15 more times before I reap the rewards of what the truth seekers are working on now. I just hope it doesn't take me as long in my next lives to get to where I am now.

The one thing that keeps me positive is that I have had to wait 37yrs to see all the bull.
    My children are understanding it in their first decade.
    If more generations are brought up into the truth arena earlier in life things have got to improve.

It tires the mind just thinking about it, left brain that is, right brain is no doubt shouting bring it on!!
    Experiencing pain and suffering is the gateway to joy and happiness.
    It's chronic pain that prevents the gateway opening.

13. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,254 times in 813 posts

Everyone’s path has various obstacles specifically designed for that individual to deal with; within those obstacles are opportunities for that individual to advance him/herself. I highly doubt our life/ spirit/soul ends here…in this reality, but exist here temporarily because there are certain lessons within this reality in need of learning. Let’s face it, death of the human body is a guaranteed; it should not be looked at as an end nor a negative event. In my strong opinion our true self (the passenger of the body) leaves the vehicle/ or stops remote controlling it when there is nothing else beneficial to be experienced (be it negative or positive), the true you moves on to another life or realm/dimension.

I highly doubt we were sent here to be conditioned into slaves and then die. In my youth I found it hard to comprehend life after death, but over the years I’ve learned that this place is like some hugh class room. It can be whatever you deem it to be. For some it’s the ultimate experience because they allow themselves to experience it fully, and for others it’s the pits. In other words…your perspective can make your time here very productive and packed with gratitude… or you can see it as a pit-stop… while allowing life to wear you down.

Peace
    --
    Humans created so much wonder through their division, just imagine what they can do through Unity...

14. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,463 times in 471 posts

We as humans are without the capacity to fully understand the infinite.
    The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
    -- Maureen Dowd --

15. Link to Post #11
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,969 times in 881 posts

Quote Posted by Midnight (here)
    Yes, I want to live much, much longer than my current incarnation, but consciously living for all eternity initially sounds good, but on further examination sounds very unrealistic.
    Then I wonder if the idea sounds unrealistic, perhaps some deeper knowing here is being revealed.

To consider how realistic it is to live forever, you are already making the assumption you are living.

What gets born, lives and dies.

But what if you were not born? Can you then die? Can you live even?

These are not trick questions but a good place to make enquiry and investigation.

The eternal Truth that you are is changeless, timeless, motionless. It is beyond all mental concepts of time, birth, death, life, motion, transience and therefore cannot be contemplated.

But it can be experienced and if a deeper knowing is calling to reveal itself, these questions that the mind can't answer, can facilitate that opening.

Jeanette

16. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member rgray222's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,913 times in 1,006 posts

Universal laws simply would not work if you lived forever, plus death of the human spirit is the last great frontier and I would not want that removed from my life experience!

17. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,796 times in 1,014 posts

Quote Posted by Midnight (here)

To me, the idea of living forever seems ridiculous.
    Perhaps this is why we all cycle through our journeys to and from the Source, and why we go through much simpler incarnations of unknowing and death, which drives us to discovery, and then to reuniting with All Knowing and to conscious experience of everlasting life. Repeat.

18. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Might I add a thought for consideration?

This 'I' and 'we' that is being spoken of in this thread; is that the identity you assume in this present form, as Anchor, Greybeard, Midnight, Shin'Ar, or are you speaking of another one of 'your' many identities in past incarnations? Which of those many identities that you have been in the past, is what you are speaking of as your 'self', when you are talking about it living eternally or being of that 'identity' forever and ever?

In this consideration, it forces us to look at the speculation of infinity and eternal life with a different view.

Right now it is easy to think of ourselves as the name and person that we have become in this life. And it is natural for us to think that this is who and what we are. But, if we think deeper, with further consideration, we realize that this temporary identity is just one of countless forms that 'I' had considered my self in past incarnations.

This person/identity which we think we are is not our true self. It is what our consciousness has adopted temporarily as self while in human form, but when this body is discarded, so also is that identity.

Our consciousness, now free of the bonds of what was an 'identity' which served its purpose, once again enjoys its 'true self', one with The All, pure and powerfully fueled 'Process of Being'. We are not these identities, even though this 'identity' is how we navigate this form in this sensory environment. Our true evolving consciousness is not an identity of any of the forms which it uses to enter into a physical incarnation. It is rather a vibrating energy wave attached to a field of consciousness, a fragment/thought process of The One Consciousness responsible for All.

This is my understanding of the experience we all share here. It is not the result of the teaching of any one particular doctrine. It is certainly not set in some stone of intolerable truth. It is my evolving understanding as I progress into further speculation and consideration of all that I become subject to.

And in this understanding I see a clearly defined stage process, where some ascending that path come to realize that the old Biblical declaration, 'Know Thyself', was NOT referring to some temporary identity, but rather directing you to a new realization of what you really are. I see obvious stages where awakening fields of consciousness are beginning to disown the temporary form they are now using, and realize that which they truly are. In this stage it is often started on by adopting the New Age teachings that we are the Creator ourselves. In this thinking these still awakening fields of consciousness are still shaking off the fog of sleep, and they grasp onto the Godly identity to make up for the one they just lost. This mistaken reaction to their new 'self' does create new problems and dilemmas that must be faced, until they finally begin to realize that their godly abilities are vastly lacking of the godly attribute and power which a true Creator would have to possess.

On this left hand path of ascension into Higher being, one cannot continue to fool and delude their self the way they could before they became aware. At some point they reach that threshold where they admit that there is only One God, and it is not them. At this point, being without any identity whatsoever, and subject to many more identities and experiences on an infinite path of evolving consciousness.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 "So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal."

As a man of no blind faith in speculation of any kind, I do not often use Christian Biblical passages, but once in a while one comes to mind that fits. The fact that the Christians themselves do not understand the true meaning behind it, does not dissuade me from gaining information from it.

I think that Jesus true teachings have been extremely perverted, but this does not mean the true intention are not still vibrating in them, awaiting that one person who 'has an ear', to be able to discern for its true teaching.

This seems to be the way throughout many cultures.

If anyone is able to understand these things I say here, it will at least serve to ease your mind in the possibility that this eternal boredom you worried 'you' might be subjected to can be filed away as 'not an absolute'. There are many possibilities. And All is speculation at every level. But, in none of them, will there be any particular identity which any of us may have had at some time, which is going to be the face of God, or 'our' face for the rest of eternity.

I mean, let's face it; if God is going to have one of these countless facades, it definitely should be mine. I mean, this one here, I mean, this face I have now, no not I, I mean, ah hell, u get the idea, don't you?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Shin'Ar For This Post:

greybeard (3rd February 2013)

20. Link to Post #15
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,224 times in 8,668 posts

What looks through these eyes is unchanging unaffected by the vicissitudes of life.
    With some examination, that will be found to be true by all who look deeply for truth.
    Ask not what happens after death but what were you before birth into this form, for this incarnation.
    There only is this eternal moment.

If the sages are to be believed you existed before universes came into being and will exist after universes cease to exist.
    Live for ever ?--- You are life it self---currently in form--- before manifestation you were formless and at some point you will return to formless.
    The wave of the ocean subsides into the ocean but retains awareness.

On the front cover of a book by Ramesh Balsikar is a web--- now science is seeing web like formations coming from the place of the big bang, that pervades the whole cosmos uniting everything-- there is nothing separate-- everything linked.
    Ancient teaching say that on the out breath of God everything came into being and on the in breath everything returns to source.
    The spider can create the web the draw it back into its body--if I remember correctly.

Chris
    A charity to help African Children become self sufficient. :attention:

http://www.learningtoolsforselfdevelopment.co.uk/

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

21. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Guide: Here to help

Thanks
    Thanked 15,253 times in 1,878 posts

Just think about what an eternal being (maybe you) may want after graduating from this 3D experience.

Do you like adventure, romantic, horror or war movies? How about soap operas or tragedies?

What if we are both the actor on stage and the observer?

What would it be like to enter a system almost totally locked down by control freaks?

What if you are a renegade systems buster, a member of the family of light, on call to enter such systems and stir things up, think out of the box and cause trouble for the control freaks?

What if you are here to anchor light into an incredibly dense system of darkness? Maybe similar to parachuting into Nazi Germany while Hitler was in charge.

What would we learn by having an experience as a human with a new vehicle, as a Grey, or Reptilian, or Mantoid? Or a Nordic ET? Rumors say the Nordic ETs are incredibly good looking and not monogamists. Or what would a non-human learn by having a human experience?

The possibilities are endless for an eternal being. Maybe that is what we are.

Maybe we do not need to become worthy of anything because we already are worthy.

If you were in charge of creating your experience, imagine the variety of adventures you could create and project yourself into. Then ask yourself if the infinite IS may have an even grander plan.

Life is not about the destination, it is all about the never ending journey.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 4th February 2013 at 03:33.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Shin'Ar (4th February 2013), Wind (4th February 2013)

23. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 times in 764 posts

I think Inelia in one of her interviews (Buddhaatthegaspump on youtube) said shes not gonna live forever.

Whats the difference between a long life, or a short one, or one that is forever?

24. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 273,727 times in 20,243 posts

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Fred Steeves (5th February 2013), JRS (5th February 2013), Paul (5th February 2013), Rich (5th February 2013), Ron Mauer Sr (5th February 2013), sandy (5th February 2013), Shin'Ar (6th February 2013), Spacyman (5th February 2013), Ultima Thule (11th February 2013)

26. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Never assume age has only to do with the physical form. And more importantly, never dismiss what a person has to offer based upon their physical age. Who knows how ancient their offering might actually be?

Thanks for this Bill; hilarious.

27. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,144 times in 1,683 posts

There is only one... Infinite! And I love It! ccc.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

28. The Following User Says Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

Rich (17th February 2019)

+ Reply to Thread