+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Linchpin Lie: How Global Collapse Will Be Sold To The Masses

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 times in 818 posts

Question The Linchpin Lie: How Global Collapse Will Be Sold To The Masses

This is a great blog I've been following, I'm not the author and I did not write this myself, but I found it interesting enough to share. Here's the blog's URL:

http://www.alt-market.com/articles/1...-to-the-masses

"...In my studies on the developing economic disaster (or economic recovery depending on who you talk to) I have come across a particular methodology many times which set off my analyst alarm (or spidey-sense, if you will). This latest methodology, called “Linchpin Theory”, revolves around the work of John Casti, a Ph.D. from USC, “complexity scientist” and “systems theorist”, a Futurist, and most notably, a former employee of Rand Corporation:

http://www.viennareview.net/vienna-r...the-apocalypse

Casti introduces his idea of “Linchpin Theory” in his book “X-Events: The Collapse Of Everything”, and what I found most immediately striking about the idea of “Linchpin Events” was how they offered perfect scapegoat scenarios for catastrophes that are engineered by the establishment.

Linchpin Theory argues that overt social, political, and technological “complexity” is to blame for the most destructive events in modern human history, and it is indeed an enticing suggestion for those who are uneducated and unaware of the behind the scenes mechanics of world events. Casti would like you to believe that political and social tides are unguided and chaotic; that all is random, and disaster is a product of “chance” trigger events that occur at the height of a malfunctioning and over-complicated system..."
    “There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” -- Carl Jung

"To see the farm is to leave the farm."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mulder For This Post:

4evrneo (1st February 2013), conk (24th July 2013)

+ Reply to Thread