+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst 1 18 28 34 LastLast

Thread: The Technological Revolution: Artificial Intelligence and the Invisible Plague

1. Link to Post #541
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Default Re: The Technological Revolution: Artificial Intelligence and the Invisible Plague

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Hey folks,

No disrespect intended, but let´s try to keep focused and on topic here, right?

Raf.
    So can we start a thread where folks get into their experiences with this technology so that we all might be able to better deal with it? If so - where would that thread be placed? If it were placed under a different header other than Priority Threads, then that would be a disservice IMO. Raf, you know my respect for you and in fact, its my opinion no one here has their feet more firmly on the ground, but if I were interested in the technology I would be interested in having access to the information provided by those who believe they have been directly targeted by this technology and are able to somehow keep their feet well enough on the ground such that they can share about it.

I am not the only Avalon member who believes they have direct experience in being targeted by some form of this type of technology.

How can this be done? I hope Avalon can come up with a solution to this because there is no current thread that exists where this subject can be discussed in this way other than this thread at this time.

I hope someone can suggest a solution to this that the Mods/Membership could go for - the last time this same thing occurred... the thread was split off into oblivion.

Also note, this very thread died until I happened to express sadness of this fact in my post of yesterday which clearly got the ball rolling again.

Please, consider a split off thread that is placed here in priority threads with a similar title - Just an idea... Best to All, Chester
    Last edited by Chester; 21st March 2013 at 17:28.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

CdnSirian (23rd March 2013), Gardener (21st March 2013), Jeffrey (22nd March 2013), RMorgan (21st March 2013)

3. Link to Post #542
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,142 times in 2,883 posts

Default Re: The Technological Revolution: Artificial Intelligence and the Invisible Plague

Here's a little more symbolism from CERN

Talk about going down the rabbit hole!
    ALICE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Large...der_Experiment

ON JUNE 18, 2004, an unusual new landmark was unveiled at CERN—a 2m tall statue of the Hindu ‘creator/destroyer’ deity Shiva. Interesting choice.

“Now I am become Death (Shiva), the destroyer of worlds’’—the Bhagavad Gita

PS: spiders are everywhere!!!!!

Last edited by SilentFeathers; 21st March 2013 at 18:02.
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

aniN (21st March 2013), Gardener (21st March 2013), Gemini (23rd March 2013), Jeffrey (22nd March 2013), RMorgan (21st March 2013), RUSirius (21st March 2013), sllim11 (21st March 2013), spiritwind (21st March 2013), ViralSpiral (21st March 2013), wegge (22nd March 2013)

5. Link to Post #543
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Steiner: "And from the earth will arise a terrible race of beings, in character midway between the mineral and plant kingdoms, as robotic beings of extreme, intense and logical intellect. They will spread and take hold of the earth, overlaying it as with a web of terrible spiders -- spiders of enormous wisdom, whose organization does not however even reach the level of plants. These terrible spiders will interweave and intermesh with each other, imitating in their movements all that human beings have conceived with their shadowy intellect -- without allowing it to be inspired by a new imagination, and all that is to come through spiritual science. All unreal human thoughts of this kind will assume the reality of being. The earth will be covered [...] with terrible, mineral plant-type spiders, which will spin very rational interconnections with each other but with malevolent intention. And the human being [...] will have to merge his being with these terrible mineral-plant spider creatures."
    ... Steiner's bugs?

Me think Steiner is talking "Doll-Bodies"...
    Last edited by Hervé; 21st March 2013 at 18:52.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Chester (21st March 2013), Gardener (21st March 2013), Jeffrey (22nd March 2013), RUSirius (22nd March 2013), SilentFeathers (21st March 2013), skippy (21st March 2013), sllim11 (21st March 2013), ViralSpiral (21st March 2013), wegge (22nd March 2013)

7. Link to Post #544
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,380 times in 561 posts

Quote Posted by Gardener (here)
    Sorry all, wavered from the technology, however it is the technology we have to be armed for 'internally'.By NOT self referencing. See?

Hey folks,

Raf.
    Bull's-eye! Highly on-topic as far as I'm concerned
    Last edited by skippy; 21st March 2013 at 20:32.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to skippy For This Post:

Jeffrey (22nd March 2013)

9. Link to Post #545
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by skippy (here)
    Quote Posted by Gardener (here)
    Sorry all, wavered from the technology, however it is the technology we have to be armed for 'internally'.By NOT self referencing. See?

Hey folks,

Raf.
    Bull's-eye! Highly on-topic as far as I'm concerned
    I see said the blind man to the deaf woman over the telephone.

the "self" thingie... "self" referencing... Bammo.

Thanks folks.
    Last edited by Chester; 21st March 2013 at 21:19.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Jeffrey (22nd March 2013)

11. Link to Post #546
    Thanks

I don't know if this is really helpful but this recent article by Franz Erdl seems to be somewhat on topic. The article is part 13 in a series called Networks of Evil. There are some terms he uses here that would require some previous reading in order to understand, but it should be readable anyway.

Quote The Source of Evil

I wanted to know who actually made those seals and the answer was that it wasn't the Anunnaki. It was another race that I call race B. My question whether race B was assigned by the Anunnaki to make the seals was answered “No”, and that lead to a whole new chain of revelations:
    The Anunnaki were enslaved by race B. The seals were one instrument of this enslavement. The Anunnaki were influenced and used.

Humans have never met race B and there doesn't seem to be a name for them here. Reptilians, Dracs, Grays and the other aliens have never seen race B face to face, either.

It may sound like a contradiction, but the seals on the Reptilians and Dracs were installed by the Anunnaki. The Anunnaki however are not able to solve the seals.

Behind race B there was a race C. Race C however was not enslaved. I could not find another race. But race C consisted of entirely soulless beings, almost like machines. Well, very bad machines.

The snakes were made by races B and C.

The bigheads come from the factories of race C.

Race B, too, was enslaved. They are beings with a soul.

How these beings came into existence remains a mystery to me. I cannot come to any results. This machine race had to be technically, especially astral-technically, very far developed in order to dominate the other races.

Races B and C enslaved the Anunnaki and both races were on Nibiru (I just call it Nibiru no matter if it is correct). According to my questioning it is correct that race C was on Nibiru, too.
    So far the results of my questioning that were confirmed repeatedly

Conclusion and commentaries to that:

Karin has direct memories of these cold soulless creatures with almost unbearable energies. She used to think that these memories were from Egypt because there were pyramids, but it was on Nibiru. There are also pyramids there.

According to the book “Inanna´s Return” Anu was on Earth a long time ago (they say 500 000 years) and apparently took with him the princess of the Dragon People. I assume that a lot of entourage followed for that would explain why there are so many Earth souls with dragon- and Anunnaki soul parts. Since I can perceive these soul parts distinctly this story proves itself for me.

At that time the Anunnaki were still free beings. The enslavement by race B happened later. Through mind control they created a power elite and a complete control system like it is about to come here for us.

The Anunnaki were used to subject the Dracs and the Reptilians. All of them together dealt with the Grays. Insect races got drawn into that at some point, too. And all of those together were sent against us.

The exact events on Earth at the time of the second Anunnaki arrival were apparently quite different than what has been told. From the beginning it had to be about making mankind the perfect milking cow.

Further inquiry about the origin of race C didn't get any results. There was neither “Yes” nor “No” to the idea whether they were mental constructions of one single evil being. But there are a few more consoling answers:
    There are positive beings who dealt with race C. Questions were clearly answered that race C does not exist anymore. This was achieved among others by the “Wowos”, beings that I met together with Martina in autumn 2011 (A Historical Event). They exist out of space and time. That makes me guess that race C might have something to do with those realms.

Wowos and other races are dealing with race B, too. For us, that means no surprises are to be expected from there. This has been confirmed to me repeatedly.
    The labour of Sisyphos of disassembling this entire autonomously working network remains for us, and to disentangle the mixture of positive and negative energies in every part of our souls.

[...]

Source: http://www.psitalent.de/Englisch/Networks13.htm

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gemini For This Post:

aniN (22nd March 2013), Chester (23rd March 2013), Freed Fox (22nd March 2013), Gardener (23rd March 2013), Hervé (22nd March 2013), Jeffrey (22nd March 2013), Limor Wolf (22nd March 2013), RUSirius (22nd March 2013), SilentFeathers (22nd March 2013), sllim11 (22nd March 2013), wegge (22nd March 2013)

13. Link to Post #547
    Thanks

i was debating buying a book by steiner "The Incarnation of Ahriman: The Embodiment of Evil on Earth: Seven Lectures Given Between October and December 1919" and saw this comment by someone ...

"Rudolf Steiner was a true Renaissance man of the late 1800-early 1900's, and this book is about the consciousness that has taken over humanity and is leading us down this hideous path we are on. The Archons, not so named by him, but implied, bring us this atrocity... murder of innocents, pollution, modern medicine, processed foods, enless wars, dumbed down education, women's lib (yup), mass entertainment, modern music, and on and on....Any of his books are illuminating reads, I have bought at least ten so far."

and round and round we go.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sllim11 For This Post:

aniN (22nd March 2013), CdnSirian (23rd March 2013), Chester (23rd March 2013), Gardener (23rd March 2013), Jeffrey (22nd March 2013), RUSirius (22nd March 2013), SilentFeathers (22nd March 2013)

15. Link to Post #548
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,195 times in 1,429 posts

These experiments were undertaken by Stanford Research Institute, now known as SRI International.

From Wikipedia:
    SRI International (SRI), founded as Stanford Research Institute, is a nonprofit research institute headquartered in Menlo Park, California. The trustees of Stanford University established SRI in 1946 as a center of innovation to support economic development in the region. SRI is now one of the largest contract research institutes in the world.

The institute formally separated from Stanford University in 1970 and became known as SRI International in 1977.

[...]

SRI's focus areas include biomedical sciences, chemistry and materials, computing, Earth and space systems, economic development, education and learning, energy and environmental technology, security and national defense, as well as sensing and devices. SRI has received more than 1,000 patents and patent applications worldwide.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRI_International
    SRI International also, during this same time as they were doing research in remote viewing, was looking for the (Atlantean) Hall of Records in Egypt.

You can't make this stuff up. Well, I wish it were made up ... but just keep reading.

Edgar Cayce revealed that the Hall of Records existed underneath the Sphinx in Egypt:
    A record of Atlantis from the beginning of those periods when the Spirit took form, or began the encasements in that land; and the developments of the peoples throughout their sojourn; together with the record of the first destruction, and the changes that took place in the land; with the record of the sojournings of the peoples and their varied activities in other lands, and a record of the meetings of all the nations or lands, for the activities in the destruction of Atlantis; and the building of the pyramid of initiation, together with whom, what, and where the opening of the records would come, that are as copies from the sunken Atlantis. For with the change, it [Atlantis] must rise again. In position, this lies -- as the sun rises from the waters -- as the line of the shadows (or light) falls between the paws of the Sphinx; that was set later as the sentinel or guard and which may not be entered from the connecting chambers from the Sphinx's right paw until the time has been fulfilled when the changes must be active in this sphere of man's experience. Then [it lies] between the Sphinx and the river. [378-16; Oct 29, 1933]

Source: http://www.catchpenny.org/chamber.html
    Here is some excerpts from Lynn Pickett and Clive Prince (the pair that proposed the Stargate Conspiracy) regarding Cayce, ARE, and SRI:
    [Edgar] Cayce, as we have seen, predicted the finding of the Hall of Records at Giza. It is interesting that there have been many attempts to find the Hall of Records there in the last 25 years. It needs to be pointed out that the ancient Egyptians themselves never mentioned any such thing in the context of Giza, nor is there any archaeological evidence for it. The concept of the Hall of Records comes entirely from Edgar Cayce.

As we would expect, the prime movers in the search for the Hall of Records have been the Association for Research and Enlightenment (ARE), which was formed by Cayce in the 1930s and continues to promote his work.

Other key players on the Giza plateau (sometimes working in collaboration with ARE) have been a team from a very interesting organisation called SRI International. This is one of the world's biggest private scientific research institutes, and it has a reputation - which we discovered is justified - for working closely with the American military and intelligence community. Around 75 per cent of SRI's income comes from contracts with the Pentagon and other US government agencies, including the CIA.

SRI made many expeditions to Egypt during the 1970s, taking with it state-of-the-art equipment designed to locate hidden chambers. The team was led by physicist Dr Lambert Dolphin Jr. But it is interesting that they gave up looking at Giza in 1979, apparently without having found anything. However, since then the mystique of the Hall of Records has continued to be built up, so that there is an expectation of revelations coming from Egypt in the near future.

[...]

The point is that, if any of these people find something that might be a Hall of Records, it will be taken as proof that Cayce was right not only about his version of ancient history, but also in his predictions of imminent global transformation.

[...]

Make no mistake: Egypt itself is a very potent symbol. This has not escaped those that deal in the exploitation of belief systems - such as the intelligence agencies.

Source: http://rense.com/general/hijacking.htm
    Edgar Cayce prophesied that the Hall of Records would be discovered in 1998. Did his prophecy include the fact that he would divulge it's whereabouts and existence; and that this information would be picked up by intelligence agencies of the government that would then fund the NSF and companies like SRI to go and find these records?

-------------------

Excerpts from, IS THERE A CHAMBER BENEATH THE SPHINX?
    In their book The Message of the Sphinx, Graham Hancock and Robert Bauval report on the use of modern technology to investigate the ground surrounding the Sphinx:
    In 1973-4 . . . the first in a series of serious pioneering projects was launched, using ground-penetrating radar and other high-tech remote sensing equipment to locate "anomalies" under the bedrock beneath the Sphinx. These projects were channeled through well-established academic institutions - the Ain Shams University in Cairo and the prestigious Stanford Research Institute (SRI) in the USA.

In 1977 the US National Science Foundation funded a project at Giza again involving the SRI. This time use was made of several new techniques such as resistivity measurements (from metal rods driven into the rock across which an electric current was passed), magnetometry, and also the latest aerial photography and thermal infrared image-enhancing techniques. According to the SRI team's official report: "Several anomalies were observed as a result of our resistivity survey at the Sphinx ... Behind the rear paws (north-west end) we ran two traverses. Both traverses indicate an anomaly that could possibly be due to a tunnel aligned north-west to south-east ..." Two other anomalies were noted, deep in the bedrock "in front of the paws of the Sphinx." [p. 90-91]
    Source: http://www.catchpenny.org/chamber.html
    --------------------
    Excerpts from, LAMBERT DOLPHIN & THE GREAT SPHINX

Although Lambert Dolphin mentions the government's involvement with remote viewers for espionage, he does not disclose that in 1977 he traveled to Virginia Beach to negotiate funding from the Edgar Cayce organization for the SRI project at Giza -- nor that in 1983 he helped to set up the Independent Mars Project’ as consultant to NASA and leader of the SRI project at the Great Sphinx. The following chronicle of Lambert Dolphin's activities appears in The Message of the Sphinx:
    "Back in Egypt in 1977, a year after the Viking images had first reached the Earth, Mark Lehner [A.R.E.’s ‘man’ at Giza] made contact with NASA’s Dr. Lambert T. Dolphin, leader of the Stanford Research Institute project at the Sphinx ..." (p. 313)

"Later in 1977 Lambert Dolphin traveled to Virginia Beach to negotiate funding from the Edgar Cayce organization for a proposed new SRI project at Giza... In (1983) ‘The Independent Mars Project’ was set up in the United States by Richard Hoagland, a former NASA consultant, and Lambert Dolphin… " (pp. 313-14)
    [...]

Lambert Dolphin, who led the SRI team at Giza, wrote the following report of his involvement in the project:
    "In 1977, the US National Science Foundation funded a project at Giza again involving the SRI...According to the SRI team's official report: 'Several anomalies were observed as a result of our resistivity survey at the Sphinx...Behind the rear paws (north-west end) we ran two traverses. Both traverses indicate an anomaly that could possibly be due to a tunnel aligned north-west to south-east..." (Footnote: L.T. Dolphin, E. Moussa et.al, 'Applications of Modern Sensing Techniques to Egyptology', Menlo Park, Calif., SRI International, September 1977)
    Today, the Edgar Cayce Foundation and its Association for Research & Enligtenment credits Lambert Dolphin and his SRI team with determining the location of the hidden chambers in the project's early stages:
    "According to ECF/ARE historians the 1973-4 and 1977 projects paved the way for work. . . that would succeed in discovering hidden chambers. Exactly how and where is not made clear. At any rate in 1978 the ECF/ARE collaborated with the SRI and provided funds (to the tune of about US $50,000) for a more detailed survey of the Sphinx enclosure and the nearby Sphinx Temple. Should any 'anomalies' be found it was agreed that the SRI was to confirm them with acoustic sounding techniques..." (p. 91)
    The Edgar Cayce Foundation funded SRI again in 1982, at which time the location of the mysterious chambers under the paw of the Great Sphinx was verified by SRI:
    "Adding to the intrigue were further discoveries that the SRI made around the Sphinx in 1982 as a result of yet another project financed by the Edgar Cayce Foundation. Mark Lehner . . . described what the SRI did as follows:
    "They brought a very powerful acoustical sounder, which is a long pencil-shaped thing...They put the sounder underneath the paw [of the Sphinx] and always got a good, clear signal - there's no underground cavity blocking it. And they put it along the paw between the elbow and that box on the side...and there was always a good signal. But, at my prompting, they put it on the bedrock floor inside the box - and it was dead in three places where they put it down, as though there is some kind of opening or empty space underneath that was blocking the signal..." (p. 93)
    Source: http://watch.pair.com/dolphin.html
    --------------------

Maybe the Hall of Records was discovered and "plundered" by SRI under US government funding by employing the revelations given by Cayce and the methodologies that they were investigating regarding remote viewing (alongside standard technology of course).

This reminds me of America being the new Atlantis -- Atlantis rising.

Could SRI have developed a way to make machines with "psychic" capabilities? Or better yet, maybe all of their past research paved the way for them to create software that approached this metaphysical threshold. The "elites" behind the scenes are trying to understand how it works, and misuse this information to further their own NWO agenda.

AQUAINT was developed by SRI International and is being used by the NSA (as mentioned in a previous post). I don't know if it's connected with this, but I do know that it's connected with IARPA, DARPA, and the NSA through SRI.

--------------------
    With the entire Internet and thousands of databases for a brain, the device will be able to respond almost instantaneously to complex questions posed by intelligence analysts. As more and more data is collected—through phone calls, credit card receipts, social networks like Facebook and MySpace, GPS tracks, cell phone geolocation, Internet searches, Amazon book purchases, even E-Z Pass toll records—it may one day be possible to know not just where people are and what they are doing, but what and how they think.

[...]

Known as Aquaint, which stands for "Advanced QUestion Answering for INTelligence," the project was run for many years by John Prange, an NSA scientist at the Advanced Research and Development Activity.

[...]

The original goal of Aquaint, which dates back to the 1990s, was simply to develop a sophisticated method of picking the right needles out of a vast haystack of information and coming up with the answer to a question. As with TIA [Total Information Awareness], many universities were invited to contribute brainpower to the project. But in the aftermath of the attacks on 9/11, with the creation of the NSA's secret warrantless eavesdropping program and the buildup of massive databases, the project began taking on a more urgent tone.

[...]

"The technology behaves like a robot, understanding and answering complex questions," said a former Aquaint researcher. "Think of 2001: A Space Odyssey and the most memorable character, HAL 9000, having a conversation with David. We are essentially building this system. We are building HAL."

[...]

Collecting information, however, has always been far less of a problem for the NSA than understanding it, and that means knowing the language. To expand its linguistic capabilities, the agency established another new organization, the Center for Advanced Study of Language (CASL), and housed it in a building near IARPA at the M Square Research Park. But far from simply learning the meaning of foreign words, CASL, like Aquaint, attempts to find ways to get into someone's mind and understand what he or she is thinking.

Source: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/military/nsa-police.html
    --------------------

SRI International also developed Siri, which Apple bought afterwards. They (SRI) developed PAL as well, for military use. Both Siri and PAL resulted from their CALO project.

EDIT: Oh yea, one more thing ...
    Concrete evidence that electronic mind control was an object of
    study at SRI was exposed by the Washington Post on August 7,
    1977:
    "When the Navy awarded a contract to the Institute, the
    scientific assistant to the Secretary of the Navy, Dr. Sam
    Koslov, received a routine briefing on various research projects,
    including SRI's. As the briefer flashed his chart onto the
    screen and began to speak, Koslov stormily interrupted, 'What
    the hell is that about?' Among the glowing words on the
    projected chart, the section describing SRI's work was labeled,

ELF and Mind Control.

ELF stands for extremely [low] frequency electromagnetic waves,
    from the very slow brain frequencies up to about 100 cycles per
    second.... But the Mind Control label really upset Koslov. He
    ordered the SRI investigations for the Navy stopped, and canceled
    another $35,000 in Navy funds slated for more remote viewing
    work."
    [...]

EM mind control machines were championed at Stanford University
    by Dr. Karl Pribram, director of the Neuropsychology Research
    Laboratory: "I certainly could educate a child by putting an
    electrode in the lateral hypothalmus and then selecting the
    situations at which I stimulate it. In this was I can grossly
    change his behavior." Psychology Today feted Pribram as "The
    Magellan of Brain Science." He obtained his B.S. and M.D. degrees
    at the University of Chicago, and at Stanford University studied
    how the brain processes and stores sensory imagery. He is
    credited with discovering that mental imaging bears a close
    resemblance to hologram projection (the basis for transmitting
    images to the craniums of test subjects under the misnomer
    "remote viewing?").

Source: http://www.redshift.com/~damason/lhr...es/const1.html
    I'm still trying to find the Washington Post article.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 22nd March 2013 at 22:00.

16. Link to Post #549
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 23rd March 2013 at 20:42.

17. Link to Post #550
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by SilentFeathers (here)
    Here's a little more symbolism from CERN [...]
    --------------------
    AliEn - ALICE Environment

AliEn is a lightweight Open Source Grid Framework built around other Open Source components using the combination of a Web Service and Distributed Agent Model.

It started within the ALICE Off-line Project at CERN and constitutes the production environment for simulation, reconstruction, and analysis of physics data of the ALICE Experiment.

Source: http://alien2.cern.ch
    --------------------

So, DARPA spawned the internet and CERN developed the World Wide Web.

Back to Prokofieff:
    Prokofieff alludes to Steiner’s concern that “there are certain occult circles who are well aware of this approaching danger and who are intent on advancing it by deliberately keeping this secret.” He then points to several signs that these occult brotherhoods are working behind the scenes of the Internet’s expanding power. The most prominent of these signs is the fact that these occult circles “ . . . . have also found a suitable name for the internet, the most appropriate instrument to achieve this future, and spread it like a secret code: www – world wide web.” Prokofieff then cites Steiner’s indication that, in the Kabala, all Hebrew letters have a numeric equivalent: “On this occasion Rudolf Steiner points out that the numeric equivalent of the letter W (Hebrew waw) is 6, the number 6. It follows that the occult meaning of ‘www’ is ‘666’ the number of the beast [of the Apocalypse] . . . .”

[...]

Some clarification may be helpful at this point. Gematria is a venerable methodology with Kabalistic antecedents that studies the numerical values of the Hebrew letters. Steiner drew on this tradition when he noted that the Hebrew letter Waw, whose European equivalent is “W,” also signifies the number 6. In Modern Hebrew, that letter is known as Vav, and is closer to an English “V” than to a “W.”

More important, however, is that Prokofieff’s understanding that the three letters Waw-Waw-Waw would signify “666” is not correct. As Steiner indicates in Lecture 11 of The Apocalypse of St. John, the source that Prokofieff cites, the only way the ancient Israelites – or contemporary Hebrew speakers – could express 666 would be as 60 plus 6 plus 200 plus 400, which is an entirely different sequence of letters: Samech, Vau, Resh, and Tau. Indeed, when Steiner describes the letter Vau, not only does he not treat it as a “W,” but he uses it as an “O” (some Hebrew letters have multiple sounds), so that the letter/numbers form the word Sorat, the Beast signified by 666. Steiner’s masterful application of gematria leads to a very different conclusion than the one described by Prokofieff.

The three Vau’s or Waw’s in succession can only signify 6 plus 6 plus 6, or the number 18. “Arabic numerals” are the only numerical system that could express the 666 as we know it. Not that there is anything insignificant about the number 18, either. In the gematria 18 is the numerical expression of the word Chai, meaning Life, i.e. those etheric forces which, in their deteriorated state, manifest as electricity. In either case, those three w’s are telling us something about what lies behind the Internet. I do not doubt Prokofieff’s conclusion that the Internet has arisen out of “evil intent,” but in the case of the significance of “www,” I believe that he is jumping to a conclusion not justified by Steiner’s numerical exegesis.

Source: http://millennialchild.wordpress.com...mw7eus832b-35/
    It's something to think about. I don't know much about Gematria.

--------------------

Oh, wait... what do we have here?

Stanford Research Institute ... AGAIN (see post #548 above) ... it was a primary player in the instigation of the internet.
    The history of the Internet began with the development of electronic computers in the 1950s. The public was first introduced to the concepts that would lead to the Internet when a message was sent over the ARPANet from computer science Professor Leonard Kleinrock's laboratory at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), after the second piece of network equipment was installed at Stanford Research Institute (SRI).

[...]

This first true Internet transmission occurred on November 22, 1977, when SRI originated the first connection between three disparate networks.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 22nd March 2013 at 22:01.

18. Link to Post #551
    Thanks

The native American symbol for lightning or electricity in a sense looks like w's

With this symbol flipped upside down its considered a mountain range or an impasse/barrier.

The world wide web is also known to be abbreviated as W3 which would be 6+3=9...or three 6's again W3 = 18

Most common known as the "Web".....(Something intricately contrived, especially something that ensnares or entangles)
    Last edited by SilentFeathers; 22nd March 2013 at 21:46.
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

CdnSirian (23rd March 2013), Chester (23rd March 2013), Gardener (23rd March 2013), Hervé (22nd March 2013), Jeffrey (22nd March 2013), lookbeyond (23rd March 2013), RMorgan (23rd March 2013), thunder24 (22nd March 2013)

20. Link to Post #552
    Thanks

This is interesting....

Quote Spiders in random environment
    A spider consists of several, say N, particles. Particles can jump independently according to a random walk if the movement does not violate some given restriction rules. If the movement violates a rule it is not carried out. We consider random walk in random environment (RWRE) on \Z as underlying random walk. We suppose the environment ω=(ωx)x∈\Z to be elliptic, with positive drift and nestling, so that there exists a unique positive constant κ such that \E[((1−ω0)/ω0)κ]=1. The restriction rules are kept very general; we only assume transitivity and irreducibility of the spider. The main result is that the speed of a spider is positive if κ/N>1 and null if κ/N<1. In particular, if κ/N<1 a spider has null speed but the speed of a (single) RWRE is positive.
    http://cds.cern.ch/record/1233703

Full PDF: http://arxiv.org/pdf/1001.2533.pdf

It's a bit "way" over my head, but perhaps is relevant to this thread....
    SilentFeathers

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

CdnSirian (23rd March 2013), Chester (23rd March 2013), Gardener (23rd March 2013), Jeffrey (23rd March 2013), Limor Wolf (28th March 2013), RMorgan (23rd March 2013)

22. Link to Post #553
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

thanks vivek, your effforts are amazing in their result

¤=[Post Update]=¤

thanks silentfeathers

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tnkayaker For This Post:

CdnSirian (23rd March 2013), Chester (23rd March 2013), Jeffrey (23rd March 2013), Limor Wolf (28th March 2013), SilentFeathers (23rd March 2013)

24. Link to Post #554
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Unless, as Steiner seemed to have envisioned, they manage to concoct a robot driven by a soul entrapped being, the following is going to be closer to future realities:

The fatal flaw in the human-machine interface
    by Jon Rappoport March 21, 2013
    www.nomorefakenews.com

There is a great deal of research going on in the area of artificial intelligence (AI) merging with the brain.

Exuberant cheerleaders like Roy Kurzweil are quite confident that we are approaching a moment when a computer will exhibit all the power of the human brain.

The definition of “power” in this context is fuzzy. But Kurzweil and others are sure we’re about to uncover the “algorithm” that underlies all brain activity.

They couldn’t be more wrong. Neuroscience has barely scratched the surface of understanding how the brain operates. Cracking the code is not on the horizon.

This fact reflects a much deeper problem. PR is not science. Predictions about what is imminent are not the same thing as verified research results.

PR is not information.

In exactly the same way, were a human-computer interface with awesome capability endowed with access to a hundred galaxies of stored data, it would run up against the problem of vast chronic misinformation in those cosmic warehouses.

This is not something that can be deleted with a program or a committee tasked with making corrective changes.

For example, and this is just one area, medical science is so rife with fraud, at so many levels, as I’ve demonstrated over and over again for the past 10 years, that it would take humans decades to expose a significant part of it. And AI wouldn’t even know where or how to begin looking, because…who would set the parameters of such an investigation?

There is an inherent self-limiting function in AI. It uses, accesses, collates, and calculates with, false information. Not just here and there or now and then, but on a continuous basis.

Think about all the entrenched institutions and monopolies in our society. Each one of them proliferates false information like a Niagara.

No machine can correct that. Indeed, AI machines are victims to it. They in turn emanate more falsities based on the information they are utilizing. I’m sure someone can make a little model of the exponential expansion of this disaster.

Each and every false datum generates a wider and wider stream of lies, and the streams, becoming rivers, overlap and produce exceptionally large numbers of contaminated eddies, polls, and rapids.

When personal computers entered the marketplace, people began a clamor about the Age of Information.

There were cultural reasons for this enthusiasm. They could all summed up by the fact that we are living in a technological society, and technology walks hand in glove with information.

But as the messianic postulations and predictions reached new heights, and the drive began to marry machine and human brain, the gaping holes and rips in the utopian fabric of dreams loomed up for any intelligent person to observe.

When a corporation or government expands to a certain size, it dedicates itself to survival, not of its principles, not of its original mission, but of Itself as an entity. Therefore, it spins lies.

As Dr. Peter Breggin and I discussed on his radio show yesterday, when it comes to the newly announced federal brain-mapping project (B.A.M.), the scientists will very rapidly begin drowning in their own ignorance about the very organ they are investigating.

But that won’t do. This billion-dollar project is supposed to produce results, and the project must survive. Therefore, the researchers will cook up models to demonstrate their progress. These models will make assertions which are patently false.

Pharmaceutical companies will develop new drugs based on the false assertions about the brain, knowing full well they are operating in swamp of deception, and caring not one whit about it.

It is the same with the vaunted AI-human brain interface. It will gobble up and deploy untold numbers of lies already told by other institutions to defend and protect their own survival.

The complexity, on various levels, of false information will make the heralded AI-brain collaboration resemble an intelligence agency:

It lies about other lies, and then it lies about that.

The mathematics are packed with functions that automatically spiral out realities even Lewis Carroll’s Mad Hatter would find frivolous and repellent.

The field of information theory is about handling quantity of data and making that data readable. It’s not about the quality of the data.

AI can work successfully in engineering projects, but when the human interface is added, we are no longer merely talking about engineering. The whole purpose of the interface is supposed to be about somehow making humans better.

How can that happen when the hugely expanded access to data runs into billions or trillions of bits of false information?

I’ve been making notes for my second, more advanced logic course. The purpose of the course is to provide better ways of handling the flood of information we deal with every day. The first challenge is going beyond the rules and principles of classical logic, in order to analyze the quality of the data we are digesting and using.

There is no pat system for doing that. Certainly, accepting data based on the notion that “recognized authorities” are reliable would be a disaster. But that is exactly where the human-AI interface is heading, like a team of horses being driven toward the edge of a cliff.

The human-AI engineers are already fatally compromised. In journalistic terms, they are the mainstream reporters obeying the parameters laid down by their editors and corporate owners. They write their stories inside a bubble of illusory context. They go back, again and again, to the same sources, and those sources are permanently biased against popping the bubble and journeying out to where the truth exists.

Actually, an AI machine could write most of the articles that appear on the front page of the NY Times every day. It would save time and cut expenses. But the result would be the same: absurdly limited context, false information, deception, fatuous presumption of authority.

If, instead, you want to look for a program that would discount such a presumption and would reject institutional secrecy, a program that would undertake a relentless investigation of the quality of data, there is a potential candidate.

It’s called a human being. And it’s not a program.

Jon Rappoport

As for the psyops spun around the AI PR campaigns, see this post <---
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

CdnSirian (23rd March 2013), Chester (23rd March 2013), Gardener (23rd March 2013), Gemini (23rd March 2013), heyokah (23rd March 2013), Jeffrey (23rd March 2013), Limor Wolf (28th March 2013), SilentFeathers (23rd March 2013)

26. Link to Post #555
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Article by Jason Dorrier from The Singularity Hub

-------------------------

Is a billion euros enough to understand the human brain? The Human Brain Project thinks it’s a good start, and evidently the European Commission agrees. On January 28, the Human Brain Project was one of two projects to be awarded a billion in backing from the European Commission’s Future and Emerging Technologies (FET) Initiative.

Henry Markram, the project’s founder and co-director, hopes that over the next decade the project’s consortium of 80+ institutions will use up to an annual $100 million in funding to build a complete digital model of the human brain.

The better we know the brain, the better we can diagnose and treat neurological disease, and maybe—in the greatest feat of natural reverse engineering to date—the better we can build computers and software as flexible, powerful, and efficient as the brain itself. At least, that’s the goal.

Markram says, “It’s an infrastructure to be able to build and simulate the human brain, objectively classify brain diseases, and build radically new computing devices.”

[...]

The Human Brain Project is a collaboration of over 80 institutions slated to run from 2013 to 2023 and receive up to $100 million in funding per year. But the original undertaking dates back to mid-2005 when IBM and Swiss University École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) launched the Blue Brain project under the direction of Henry Markram founder of the EPFL’s Brain Mind Institute.

The Blue Brain project went on to use supercomputing resources provided by IBM (a BlueGene/L followed by a BlueGene/P supercomputer) to create a working model of a single cortical column in a rat brain—about 10,000 neurons.

The model is still being refined using new data, and researchers run it every two weeks. To gauge the model’s accuracy, the team attempts to recreate experiments already conducted on real neurons and claim it is approaching high levels of realism.

However, the Blue Brain project’s loftier goal of simulating the entire human brain—a feat Markram has claimed can happen inside a decade—required a larger organization and more resources. The Blue Brain project was the proof of concept and will be the command center for the larger Human Brain Project, conceived in 2010.

Now they’ve got a billion euros in the pipeline—what can we expect from the Human Brain Project? For one thing, like other ambitious and data-heavy operations, the project will require exascale computing. That’s 100 times more powerful than any supercomputer currently in existence. Another well-funded program gunning for exascale bodes well for the world of supercomputing, if nothing else. And the project could advance our understanding of neurological disorders.

But what about AI? Markram is careful to note that the goal is not to recreate human intelligence, but to map the connections that give rise to human intelligence.

As Markram told National Geographic, “People think I want to build this magical model that will eventually speak or do something interesting. I know I’m partially to blame for it—in a TED lecture, you have to speak in a very general way. But what it will do is secondary. We’re not trying to make a machine behave like a human. We’re trying to organize the data.”

Though it is undoubtedly now the most well-funded undertaking to understand the brain, the Human Brain Project is far from alone.

IBM and DARPA’s SyNAPSE recently completed a 100 trillion synapse simulation based on the connections in a macaque brain. Spaun is a working (albeit very simple) cognitive computer. Meanwhile, Ray Kurzweil’s latest book, How to Create a Mind, outlines his ideas on how to reverse engineer the brain—his new post at Google could result in some interesting brain-related projects. And not to be outdone by the EU, the Obama administration is expected to announce the details of a ten year, multi-billion dollar project to map the human brain in the coming weeks.

Governments and academic institutions seem committed to throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the problem of the brain. It’s reminiscent of Apollo or the Human Genome Project. And arguably, giant lump sum public investments (and the inevitable international competition that goes with them) are needed to jump-start such massive scientific endeavors.

But politics and public funding are fickle beasts. Equally important are the new neural networks—80+ institutional collaborators in the Human Brain Project alone—forming in the global brain. Whether or not we reach the lofty goal of fully modeling the brain in a decade, we’ll certainly have learned and begun to apply much from the process.

Source: http://singularityhub.com/2013/02/26...billion-euros/

The amount of scientific data out there far outweighs the current data processing technology (they are still able to do amazing things).

Once exascale arrives, it will radically change the landscape and the future of computing.

This is going to be a complete restructuring of supercomputers, or a major upgrade in architecture. I also think we will see teraflop laptops (there are already teraflop desktops) around the same time the first exascale computers start cropping up (actually probably sooner, around 2016 ... by that time though tablets will have "taken over" laptops).

Anyways, the impact that exascale computing will have on science and technology will be similar in magnitude to when supercomputers first hit the scene fifty years ago.

It's not even the fact that they are exascale (that is huge by the way, I'm not undermining that aspect), it's the way they will have to come about. The structure -- a new era in computing. This will increase the gradient of the slope for all of science and technology ... accelerating returns.

We thought technology moved fast in the last ten years. We haven't seen anything yet. Buckle up.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 23rd March 2013 at 15:21.

27. Link to Post #556
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

BEGIN EXCERPT

Nielsen's Law of Internet Bandwidth

The dots in the diagram show the various speeds with which I have connected to the Net, from an early acoustic 300 bps modem in 1984 to an ISDN line when I first wrote this article (and updated to show the 31 Mbps cable modem I got in 2010). It is amazing how closely the empirical data fits the exponential growth curve for the 50% annualized growth stated by Nielsen's Law. (The y -axis has a logarithmic scale: thus, a straight line in the diagram represents exponential growth by a constant percentage every year).

[...]

Nielsen's Law is similar to the more established Moore's Law. Unfortunately, comparing the two Laws shows that bandwidth grows slower than computer power.

[...]

The vast masses of users are low-end who will lag 2-3 years behind the high-end users. Bandwidth is one of the two most important elements in computing these days ...

Full article here: http://www.nngroup.com/articles/niel...net-bandwidth/

Kryder's Law

"A 2005 Scientific American article, titled "Kryder's Law", describes the work of Mark Kryder and the fact that magnetic disk areal storage density is increasing very quickly, at a pace much faster than the doubling transistor count occurring every 18 months in Moore's Law." -Wikipedia

See also: http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...id=kryders-law
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 23rd March 2013 at 15:37.

28. Link to Post #557
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

Fiction they say:

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...3/03/22/nexus/
    Quote Naam, Ramez (2012-12-18). Nexus (Kindle Locations 5434-5437). Osprey Publishing. Kindle Edition.

“Nexus’s ability to satisfy widespread human desires, combined with its innocuous perception, suggests that were the technology to ever enter the mainstream, the genie would prove very difficult to put back into the bottle. Nexus: A Risk Assessment (2033), ERD Library Series, 2039 [Classified: SECRET]”

This sophisticated page-turning techno-thriller is one of my favorite stories of all time. It combines a plot of massive scope—worthy of Michael Crichton or Daniel Suarez—with advanced concepts in neuroscience. Nexus, a nano-sized, wireless, ingestible device, is the ultimate brain-machine interface. The virus-like nexus particles attach to all of the host’s neurons and form a wireless network that communicates with other human-embedded networks. So far so good, but for a tiny little problem: Nexus can take over its host brain as techno mind-control.

In the world of Nexus, the technology is outlawed due to its obvious nefarious uses. But an intrepid, if slightly naive, group of young neuroscientists have secretly taken the tech to the next level. They seek to improve inter-human communication, but when the government finds out, our protagonist must choose between his moral stand and a potential techno-war.

Naam is remarkable in his ability to address deep philosophical concepts while keeping the story line light, fast, and action-packed.
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

Chester (23rd March 2013), Gemini (23rd March 2013), Jeffrey (23rd March 2013), Limor Wolf (28th March 2013), RMorgan (23rd March 2013), SilentFeathers (23rd March 2013)

30. Link to Post #558
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Last edited by Jeffrey; 23rd March 2013 at 17:44.

31. Link to Post #559
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

The last image is a graphic depicting the cables on the seafloor that connect different continents (for the internet and telecommunications).

More can be read about that here: http://www.extremetech.com/computing...bmarine-cables
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 23rd March 2013 at 19:57.

32. Link to Post #560
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Video description from YouTube:
    "Investors at the CIA and Google are backing a company called "Recorded Future" that monitors tens of thousands of websites, blogs and Twitter accounts in real time in order to find patterns, events, and relationships that may predict the future. The news comes on amidst Google's so-called "Wi-Spy" scandal, that refers to revelations that Google's Street View cars operating in some 30 countries snooped on private WiFi networks over the last three years."

Google owns YouTube too (...and Motorola).

... and let's not forget ...

Last edited by Jeffrey; 23rd March 2013 at 19:51.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst 1 18 28 34 LastLast