+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is the Universe a Computer Simulation?

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,239 times in 853 posts

Default Re: Is the Universe a Computer Simulation?

I think that comparing the universe and everything
    in it, to a computer, is really off base but it may not
    be that far from the truth. I don't know though as i'm
    only guessing here.

As the video suggests, God spoke the universe into
    existence and it was so.

This could mean that some sort of computer system
    was used and it's commands are given orally or by
    thought waves.

Don't ask why but i do believe in a divine creator
    but i have a lot of trouble believing that this creator
    can just speak or think stuff into existence without
    any form of technology to make it happen.

If i were to create a computer program like virtual
    villagers and give each character created a mind of
    it's own and free will, these characters would look at
    me as a god. That is, if i dropped hints that they were
    created by an all powerful god.

In that light, one could tell their virtual creations that
    their God, has no beginning and no end. I could say that
    before time began, i (God) existed and stuff like that.

I don't really know what point that i'm trying to drive
    across because the very thought of humans and all life,
    being reduced down to a computer program is a hard
    pill to swallow, but it would answer a lot of questions.

Has the program gained enough knowledge now that it
    can rewrite it's own programming?

When that happens, i'll have to believe in the whole
    computer thing but remember, The creator can just
    pull the plug on the computer, if the program gets
    out of control.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humanalien For This Post:

Cidersomerset (11th February 2013), Mike Gorman (21st August 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,227 times in 18,665 posts

I just posted this interview on another thread explaining to Snookie what Ion
    is about.I've been listening to this private recording with Bob.Carlolyn & Ion
    and its all about The holographic maitrix, tachions, electricity is negative PH
    and loads of info if you are into this subject....

November 20, 2012
    iON Without JW

Cash Flow

iON explains to Bob and Carolyn that iON can now talk virtually without JW.

download mp3
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 11th February 2013 at 02:19.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

conk (11th February 2013)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,223 times in 1,631 posts

Here are a couple of videos for those interested in simulation theory. The first one was published on Ask Arnold's YouTube channel last week and runs about 23 minutes. It covers some of the same "evidence" discussed in other videos, like the double-slit experiment and quantum entanglement, but it offers some new perspective with connections made to video games like Grand Theft Auto 5 and Civilization 5.

The second one, less than 5 minutes long, looks at Window's mixed reality (MR) technology. I'm not sure if it's possible, but has anyone in the science community hypothesized a MR simulated universe?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st August 2017), peterpam (14th June 2019), Rich (21st August 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,856 times in 764 posts

Computer programs try to simiulate realities so naturally the world is like a computer program, but that doesn't prove that this "reality" (or should I say unreality) is simulated in a computer.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Noelle (21st August 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,711 times in 920 posts

There was the American physicist who discovered the implicit coding underlying reality which resembles a 'Browser'-'Mosaic code'

As above, so below

Our universe was created by 'Light' - photons have no mass, they are packets of energy, but they create particles, to me this is the generative code of creation (Fiat Lux)
    It will be discovered to be far stranger than we can imagine.

'The Cloud' refers to the totality of private networks, and their storage capacity - the cloud IS The Internet. Amazon AWS is one very easy way of working with the cloud - we can build anything we like on there; new social media platforms, complex IT systems which are much cheaper to run than buying whole 'server farms'.

It costs a few hundred a year to build on Amazon AWS-the hard part is getting the human herd to actually visit these new entities.
    This is what the big boys have mastered, how to build a buzz, and make it seem 'natural' to frequent these Googles, Facebooks, YouTubes. We could build one whenever we liked.
    The gates of true freedom are wide open with The Cloud - but we haven't really noticed yet, we are like habitual prisoners - the gaol-keep can leave the doors open, the long term inmates just don't notice.

As an example, here is a smaller project I built using a private part of The Cloud-based on Amazon AWS: WebWeb it is still being developed and is for the Australian tech market.
    Last edited by Mike Gorman; 21st August 2017 at 06:43.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Noelle (21st August 2017), peterpam (14th June 2019), Valerie Villars (14th June 2019)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,223 times in 1,631 posts

Quote Posted by GalaxyHorse (here)
    There was the American physicist who discovered the implicit coding underlying reality which resembles a 'Browser'-'Mosaic code'

As above, so below

Our universe was created by 'Light' - photons have no mass, they are packets of energy, but they create particles, to me this is the generative code of creation (Fiat Lux)
    It will be discovered to be far stranger than we can imagine.

'The Cloud' refers to the totality of private networks, and their storage capacity - the cloud IS The Internet. Amazon AWS is one very easy way of working with the cloud - we can build anything we like on there; new social media platforms, complex IT systems which are much cheaper to run than buying whole 'server farms'.

It costs a few hundred a year to build on Amazon AWS-the hard part is getting the human herd to actually visit these new entities.
    This is what the big boys have mastered, how to build a buzz, and make it seem 'natural' to frequent these Googles, Facebooks, YouTubes. We could build one whenever we liked.
    The gates of true freedom are wide open with The Cloud - but we haven't really noticed yet, we are like habitual prisoners - the gaol-keep can leave the doors open, the long term inmates just don't notice.

As an example, here is a smaller project I built using a private part of The Cloud-based on Amazon AWS: WebWeb it is still being developed and is for the Australian tech market.
    I am not that up on how the cloud works. Thanks for expanding on it and for sharing your project.

I think you're right, that reality will turn out to be far stranger than we can imagine. Whether or not we in a simulation, I believe that looking at reality from that angle -- and every other possible angle -- can be enlightening.

12. Link to Post #27
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,431 times in 1,721 posts

Guess what? We are probably living in a massive, simulated universe created by an advanced Alien Civilization, according to Elon Musk.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER! 2:30:23
    I think this is the most intelligent, best idea, with the most potential for positive impact on the planet Elon Musk has ever had. It might not be the most original idea, but it requires little intelligence to understand, and is truly life changing.
    It is great to know that someone with such tremendous intelligence, knowledge, and subsequent power has this idea.
    I hope we all can have the courage and strength to love as much as possible.

Joe: "you took on a more fatalistic attitude, was there any specific thing, or just the inevitability of our future?"

Elon: *exhales* I tried to convince people to slow down, slow down AI, regulate ai, this was futile, I tried for years. Nobody listened...

Hope you enjoy this fascinating interview.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

peterpam (14th June 2019)

14. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gaia (here)
    Guess what? We are probably living in a massive, simulated universe created by an advanced Alien Civilization, according to Elon Musk.
    The problem with the simulated universe is that it goes along with simulated inhabitants, i.e. us, as explained – HERE.

Hope you enjoy this fascinating interview.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sms For This Post:

peterpam (14th June 2019), pueblo (13th June 2019)

16. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Quote Black hole BOMBSHELL: NASA astronomer hints universe could be a HOLOGRAM

BLACK holes could hold all of the secrets of the universe and prove once and for all we live in a “giant hologram”, a NASA astronomer has spectacularly claimed.

Black holes are incredible wells of gravity, where the force of attraction traps everything including light. Black holes are often found at the hearts of galaxies and up until April this year have been purely theoretical. In April, astronomers behind the Event Horizon Telescope (EHT) collaboration photographed the first ever shadow of a black hole millions of light-years from Earth. But little is still known about the exact nature of these terrifying objects and speculation is rampant.
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...affic.outbrain

17. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Another interesting source, explaining the background of the simulated (virtual) reality: Project Camelot Interview: James Mahu

18. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,417 times in 1,222 posts

The amazing story of Jerry Wills, as told by Linda Moulton Howe in her presentation " Is Our Universe Someone Else's Computer Simulation?"

Starts at 34:47

19. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

In the Fifth Interview of Dr Jamisson Neruda, on the virtual prison reality, he has mentioned that the science will expose the walls of the virtual prison:

Quote Dr. Neruda: “Science will find the walls. They won’t expose the crack or necessarily assist in the demolition, but they will expose the walls—”
    (…)
    “The WingMakers have explained that around the time that the human portal is activated, a scientist of great stature will emerge with a theory that will support the inception point. (…)

Sarah: “Do you know the name of this scientist?”

Dr. Neruda: “No.”

Sarah: “Do you think it’s you?”

Dr. Neruda: “No. I have no stature. No one has ever heard of me. The WingMakers were speaking of someone who held a high degree of credibility in the scientific community.”
    It seems that the guy is Brian Whitworth a senior lecturer in Information Systems at Massey University of the University of New Zealand?! Here are his papers on the physical world as a virtual reality:

Chapter 1: The Physical World as a Virtual Reality

Chapter 2: Simulating Space and Time

Chapter 3: The Light of Existence

Chapter 4: The Matter Glitch

Chapter 5: Matter Teleports

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sms For This Post:

Delight (17th June 2019), Gemma13 (17th June 2019), Mashika (4th October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2