+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 11 LastLast

Thread: Essential reading for all Avalonians

1. Link to Post #21
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,524 times in 1,560 posts

Default Re: Essential reading for all Avalonians

I took on board George Greens advice a few years back as to being self sufficient on land. Thanks for repeating it Bill. Many of the leaders I respect have been saying the same thing for years!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Dennis Leahy (8th February 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), Mad Hatter (8th February 2013), quiltinggrandma (2nd May 2015), Sunny-side-up (4th August 2013)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Quote Posted by conec (here)
    Is it still possible to derail this agenda?
    I think this only partly makes sense because e.g. a solar storm is not controlled by the ones having the agenda.

In my estimation the likely scenario is that they are awaiting a solar storm so that they can use the crisis to latch
    on and kick off their agenda. They 'plasmafied' the atmosphere with chemtrails thereby increasing the chances for
    enormous electrical discharges (look at the 'grand canyon' on Mars).

This can not be avoided at this point, there is no way back. The only way to derail their plans now is to be as self
    sufficient as possible. If a potential solar storm delivers less a crisis than they thought it changes the momentum to
    our favor. Then their power-base may be weakened and we got part of our freedom back.

Sad really that it has to be done this way ... so be it.

4. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

4evrneo (9th February 2013), Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Bhusunda (10th February 2013), Bill Ryan (9th February 2013), Bubu (14th June 2013), Dennis Leahy (8th February 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), Gardener (4th March 2014), Hervé (8th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), Jean-Luc (9th February 2013), kanishk (9th February 2013), Laura Elina (10th February 2013), Lisab (8th February 2013), Mad Hatter (8th February 2013), MorningSong (8th February 2013), Patrikas (9th February 2013), quiltinggrandma (2nd May 2015), Sunny-side-up (4th August 2013), Tane Mahuta (8th February 2013), Timreh (12th February 2013), Unicorn (9th February 2013), yuhui (8th February 2013)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,798 times in 666 posts

I think some thought needs to be put into developing your own local monetary/barter system because the price of Gold & Silver will be largely irrelevant post collapse.

We need to establish what an ounce of silver/gold is worth in terms of a loaf of bread, milk, eggs, gallon of fuel, etc.

i.e. If you were a Baker what would you consider fair exchange for a loaf of bread ?

If people no longer have the driving force of Bills & Taxes to pay, will they still produce their goods on a regular and consistant basis ?
    Last edited by Taurean; 8th February 2013 at 06:46.
    Sapere aude

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Dennis Leahy (8th February 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), quiltinggrandma (2nd May 2015), Sunny-side-up (15th August 2013), transiten (20th October 2013)

7. Link to Post #24
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member Selene's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,225 times in 1,108 posts

Bill,

Your OP ought to be required reading for all Avalonians.

Thank you - and thank you beyond - for your extreme sanity in the midst of this..... whirlwind.

We always knew why we'd signed on here to work with you....

My respects, sir.

Cheers,

Selene

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Selene For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Dennis Leahy (8th February 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), ghostrider (8th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), Limor Wolf (8th February 2013), Marianne (8th February 2013), quiltinggrandma (2nd May 2015), Sunny-side-up (15th August 2013), Tane Mahuta (8th February 2013)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member kaon's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the compilation of material which I will indulge in this weekend. I personally appreciate the concern and direction, Bill. BTW, I have been seed shopping already.
    Ask not what Avalon can do for you, but what you can do for Avalon.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kaon For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), quiltinggrandma (2nd May 2015), Sunny-side-up (15th August 2013)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

Thanks Bill for the informatin and direction, I'm getting started with reading and such right now ... my new motto is do it today , don't delay ... We are lucky to have such a great captian Bill (the hat) Ryan , I feel honored to be a part of what I call Starship Avalon, we boldy go together where No one has gone before ...if only the world had our sense of Unity and common purpose ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), Freed Fox (8th February 2013), golden lady (8th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), quiltinggrandma (2nd May 2015), Sunny-side-up (15th August 2013), Tane Mahuta (8th February 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (8th February 2013)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    3) The two hour interview with insider economist "V", archived here:

http://projectavalon.net/Steve_Quayl...1_Jan_2013.mp3
    This interview (I'm half way through now) seems to me to be another in a long line of similar such "insider warnings" that endeavor to set up various trigger events (Euro collapsing, Japan collapsing, Gold spiking, Petro spiking, war here or there, banks collapsing, grocery store shelves empty, riots or mass murders, homeland security tyranny, gun confiscation, ...) which the more alert members of each community will take as the signal to hunker down and "pull in their horns".

They (the bastards in power) are doing what they can to transition us through another major shift, in their eternal quest to maintain and extend control through dynamic chaos and increasingly pervasive surveillance and propaganda.

The economics I am hearing from "V" in this interview are popularized "alternative theory" economic myths, that are in my view, part and partial of this endeavor.

===

It is as if we are being trained to run for the tornado shelter when the siren sounds, but likely when it really does sound, there won't really be a serious tornado bearing down on us, but rather some more subversive reason that "they" want us bunched up in that shelter right then.

===

Stay alert, share insights and observations, keep learning ... That's how we continue to keep "them" on the defensive, and that's the reason I'm here, doing what I am, to facilitate this effort.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 8th February 2013 at 04:23.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

14. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Calz (8th February 2013), elixirsoo (18th July 2017), Eram (8th February 2013), Fred Steeves (8th February 2013), Freed Fox (8th February 2013), Gardener (8th February 2013), golden lady (8th February 2013), guayabal (11th February 2013), Hervé (8th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), Jean-Luc (8th February 2013), kanishk (23rd February 2013), Kendall (18th February 2013), Lazlo (8th February 2013), Malerogro (8th February 2013), Maunagarjana (9th February 2013), Operator (8th February 2013), quiltinggrandma (2nd May 2015), Reinhard (8th February 2013), Selene (8th February 2013), Sunny-side-up (15th August 2013), sygh (11th February 2013), Tane Mahuta (8th February 2013), Timreh (12th February 2013)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    This interview (I'm half way through now) seems to me to be another in a long line of similar such "insider warnings" that endeavor to set up various trigger events (Euro collapsing, Japan collapsing, Gold spiking, Petro spiking, war here or there, banks collapsing, grocery store shelves empty, riots or mass murders, homeland security tyranny, gun confiscation, ...) which the more alert members of each community will take as the signal to hunker down and "pull in their horns".

They (the bastards in power) are doing what they can to transition us through another major shift, in their eternal quest to maintain and extend control through dynamic chaos and increasingly pervasive surveillance and propaganda.

The economics I am hearing from "V" in this interview are popularized "alternative theory" economic myths, that are in my view, part and partial of this endeavor.
    You so get it Paul. We need to not only look at the relevant information we are being "presented" with (nothing is an accident) but also ask the opposite question and look through the parallax view mirror.

For example, the actual result of Sandy Hook was, we went out and purchased a boatload of guns and ammo. The parallax question is: Why do they want us armed to the teeth?

The other question is: Why do they want us to go to safe havens out in the country? The answer could be: we would be easier to "pick off" or dispose of, while the rest of the population shoot each other?

Take all of the parallax views and THEN attempt to connect the dots. It's like wearing your t-shirt inside out.

Saves on a lot of bullets? Creates a verifiable story which guarantees the perpetrators will not be implicated?

So, as Paul does, always ask the opposite question and look at the results.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

16. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Calz (8th February 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), Freed Fox (8th February 2013), Gardener (8th February 2013), heyokah (9th February 2013), kanishk (23rd February 2013), Lazlo (8th February 2013), Malerogro (8th February 2013), Maunagarjana (9th February 2013), Operator (8th February 2013), Reinhard (8th February 2013), Selene (8th February 2013), spiritwind (8th February 2013), Sunny-side-up (15th August 2013), sygh (11th February 2013), Tane Mahuta (8th February 2013), ThePythonicCow (8th February 2013), Timreh (12th February 2013), Wind (8th February 2013)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by gripreaper (here)

You so get it Paul.
    Indeed ... as do you ...

Saves on a lot of bullets?

Oooops ... too late.

DHS Purchases 21.6 Million More Rounds of Ammunition

Federal agency has now acquired enough bullets to wage 30 year war

Paul Joseph Watson
    Infowars.com
    February 7, 2013

The Department of Homeland Security is set to purchase a further 21.6 million rounds of ammunition to add to the 1.6 billion bullets it has already obtained over the course of the last 10 months alone, figures which have stoked concerns that the federal agency is preparing for civil unrest.

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchase...of-ammunition/

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), Gardener (8th February 2013), Selene (8th February 2013), spiritwind (8th February 2013), Tane Mahuta (8th February 2013)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member Lazlo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,735 times in 581 posts

I haven't seen it discussed here before, but the most critical component in a survival situation is your attitude, and it is the one thing that you always have influence over.

Anybody here know the short version of the story of the founding of Outward Bound? It goes something like this:

The British admiralty was puzzled as to why the survivors of shipwrecks seemed to be the crusty old salts and not the young and vibrant, who were full of all the latest knowledge. They discovered that the key element was attitude and confidence. In short, if you don't BELIEVE that you can survive, then you won't.

This does not mean however, that belief is enough. You MAY still die, but it is not a certainty.

Start with filling up the space between your ears, and then worry about solar panels and greenhouses. I would suggest taking up a hobby that provides very real and valuable experience that you can draw on later. It is all well and good to have your bug out bag ready to go and full of all sorts of goodies, but you need to spend some time living out of it to make it truly valuable. Virtually everyone lives near enough to a national forest or wilderness area to get out for a weekend. Just don't wait for the weather to be good, go now and learn the skills while it is cold and wet. You may just find that you want to rethink what you consider important. I've seen plenty of people drag a laptop into the mountains but then leave the extra set of dry skivvies and socks at home because they didn't have any room in their bag And please, make sure your boots are broken in. And spend the 2 bucks on some moleskin. You would be surprised at how many people break down into a hopeless mess that makes their $1500 worth of REI bling worthless after they got a blister on their heel.

Nothing focuses the mind quite like spending 36 hours huddled under a tarp in relentless driving wind and snow while trying to light a stove so that you can drink something warm.

My guess is that Bill may also have some valuable advice considering his time spent on mountains.

Hang on kids, its going to be a wild ride, and hopefully you can be a steady hand for someone to hold on to.
    Just because I took the red pill, it doesn't mean that I washed it down with the koolaid

20. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Lazlo For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Bhusunda (10th February 2013), BlueGem (8th February 2013), Christine (8th February 2013), Dennis Leahy (8th February 2013), elixirsoo (18th July 2017), Eram (8th February 2013), Fred Steeves (8th February 2013), InTheBackground (9th February 2013), Malerogro (8th February 2013), Maunagarjana (9th February 2013), MorningSong (8th February 2013), northstar (17th March 2013), Reinhard (8th February 2013), Selene (8th February 2013), Sunny-side-up (15th August 2013), Tane Mahuta (8th February 2013), transiten (20th October 2013)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 768 posts

For example, the actual result of Sandy Hook was, we went out and purchased a boatload of guns and ammo. The parallax question is: Why do they want us armed to the teeth?

The other question is: Why do they want us to go to safe havens out in the country? The answer could be: we would be easier to "pick off" or dispose of, while the rest of the population shoot each other?
    This is exactly what I've been thinking. There has been a lot of clamor about gun control and the preservation of the 2nd Amendment, so that citizens can maintain their right to form a militia and fight governmental tyranny. In my mind, this issue has unfortunately been rendered irrelevant. Consider drone warfare. The weapons and technology utilized by the government and military are so advanced, that assault rifles are bound to do more harm than good; paranoid citizenry fighting itself, while TPTB watch with satellites from secured bunkers with automated defenses.
    Mercy, forgiveness, and compassion are the most virtuous forms of love
    Let your heart not be hardened by injustice and tribulation

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Freed Fox For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), spiritwind (8th February 2013), Sunny-side-up (15th August 2013), sygh (11th February 2013), Tane Mahuta (8th February 2013)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    One extremely practical and VERY cheap idea that may save your life, and your family (and others) is to buy seeds right now. Buy them today. Make a commitment to do this today. Buy organic seeds. Buy more than you need - whatever you can afford (they may well be one of the most barterable commodities possible to own.) Buy seeds that will grow in your area, your climate. Buy at least some that provide food very quickly (like "greens" - lettuces and spinach varieties that you can start to harvest in 30 days.) Buy stuff that you like to eat, but be smart enough to look for "nutrient density" rather than a gourmet taste. Kale comes to mind. It is bitter, but astoundingly nutrient dense. Buy a variety of different seeds that mature at different rates so you'll be eating garden-fresh food spring, summer, and fall. I'll emphasize, don't forget extra packets of "greens", as they can also be started in sequential weeks to keep providing food.

I would say that even if you have to pay as much as $3 US per packet of seeds, and you choose wisely, that you can buy enough seeds with a $50 to $100 investment to feed you and your family for a year (canning and drying some of the harvest.) Seeds are little miracles of life.

I'm going to check up on you! If any of you do not have a stash of seeds within a few weeks, I am going to personally spray you with a hose until you wake up.

:~)

Dennis
    Absolutely Dennis, I would also add sprout seeds. They are ready to eat in about 1-14 days (depending on variety), rich in nutrients AND packed with protein (General values:Vitamins A, B, C, D, E and K, Calcium, Carbohydrates, Chlorophyll, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zink, All Amino Acids, Trace elements and up to 35% protein. The sprouting process is pretty simple and most importantly a great (and somewhat quick) way to feed you and your family as your own stores start to dwindle and until crops come in. This would be especially good for those that cannot move out of the larger cities, have very small space to grow gardens and cannot stock up on dry kits.

There are several sites out there with seeds/sprouters and info about the process. Just do a search on sprout seeds.

-z
    A single thought is a seed....Imagination is the water!

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to zebowho For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Dennis Leahy (8th February 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), Lazlo (8th February 2013), Limor Wolf (8th February 2013), Maunagarjana (9th February 2013), MBerger47 (10th March 2013), MorningSong (8th February 2013), northstar (17th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (15th August 2013), Timreh (12th February 2013), transiten (20th October 2013)

25. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member Lazlo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,735 times in 581 posts

Quote Posted by Freed Fox (here)

This is exactly what I've been thinking. There has been a lot of clamor about gun control and the preservation of the 2nd Amendment, so that citizens can maintain their right to form a militia and fight governmental tyranny. In my mind, this issue has unfortunately been rendered irrelevant. Consider drone warfare. The weapons and technology utilized by the government and military are so advanced, that assault rifles are bound to do more harm than good; paranoid citizenry fighting itself, while TPTB watch with satellites from secured bunkers with automated defenses.
    It could just be that the dipsticks we elected aren't as smart or in touch with the average person as we give them credit for. It is probably just me, and also certifiably crazy, but I find it easier to function thinking that the world is full of stupid, corrupt, and selfish politicians instead of super villians with laser beam equipped sharks
    Just because I took the red pill, it doesn't mean that I washed it down with the koolaid

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lazlo For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Calz (8th February 2013), Dennis Leahy (8th February 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), Gardener (8th February 2013), northstar (17th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (15th August 2013)

27. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by Lazlo (here)

It could just be that the dipsticks we elected aren't as smart or in touch with the average person as we give them credit for. It is probably just me, and also certifiably crazy, but I find it easier to function thinking that the world is full of stupid, corrupt, and selfish politicians instead of super villians with laser beam equipped sharks

*ELECTED* ... as in chosing which of the two puppets the elite foists upon us???

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), foreverfan (19th February 2013), Lazlo (8th February 2013), Operator (8th February 2013), Sunny-side-up (15th August 2013)

29. Link to Post #35
    New Zealand Avalon Member HaveBlue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 times in 346 posts

Please folks, remember that Bill Ryan is the captain of the Avalon forum only. I know he does not want to have anybody here looking to him for answers for their own personal situation.

He is not trying to collect a bunch of co-dependants that won't think for themselves and take personal responsibility for their own lives and situations.

I get this myself from time to time in my own neighbourhood. If I fail to provide for myself and future, not make my own preparations, not even try to grow my own food, what use is whining to Bill in Equador when I am going hungry in Dunedin, New Zealand?

He has said time and again, how he simply took up a consumer grade camcorder and went out and found people to interview. He got off his backside. That is his advice.
    Follow the example not the man.

The worst thing of all is there are going to be those who want to blame Bill when he does not come forth with clear instructions of what to do! If you need that then get a bible or something.

He will not be responsible for your failure- you will be. Neither will he take credibility for your success- you will.

30. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to HaveBlue For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Christine (8th February 2013), Dennis Leahy (8th February 2013), elixirsoo (18th July 2017), Eram (8th February 2013), InTheBackground (9th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), kanishk (8th February 2013), KiwiElf (8th February 2013), kreagle (8th February 2013), Lazlo (8th February 2013), Libico (9th February 2013), ljwheat (8th February 2013), Maunagarjana (9th February 2013), Poly Hedra (8th February 2013), Referee (8th February 2013), Reinhard (8th February 2013), Selene (8th February 2013), Sunny-side-up (15th August 2013), Taurean (8th February 2013), transiten (20th October 2013), vortexpoint (8th February 2013)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Quote Posted by HaveBlue (here)
    Please folks, remember that Bill Ryan is the captain of the Avalon forum only. I know he does not want to have anybody here looking to him for answers for their own personal situation.

He is not trying to collect a bunch of co-dependants that won't think for themselves and take personal responsibility for their own lives and situations.
    That's OK, but how many of us here are white magicians? I can do all my preparations, but facing this I feel so small, powerless and overcome. It's just being human.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle (Plato)

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Unicorn For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), Referee (8th February 2013), Sunny-side-up (15th August 2013)

33. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member Conchis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 times in 273 posts

I'd like to add to the buy seeds call (which is certainly a good insurance policy, even if not needed ultimately). You should also buy copious amounts of salt. If things do get hinky, you'll need salt to preserve with in amounts that you aren't accustomed to.

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Conchis For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Dennis Leahy (8th February 2013), elixirsoo (18th July 2017), Eram (8th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), Lazlo (8th February 2013), northstar (17th March 2013), Operator (8th February 2013), spiritwind (8th February 2013), Sunny-side-up (15th August 2013), Timreh (12th February 2013)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Quote Posted by Conchis (here)
    I'd like to add to the buy seeds call (which is certainly a good insurance policy, even if not needed ultimately). You should also buy copious amounts of salt. If things do get hinky, you'll need salt to preserve with in amounts that you aren't accustomed to.
    I have a huge amount of sea salt next to my door ...

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Conchis (8th February 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), Gardener (8th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), Sunny-side-up (15th August 2013)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,140 times in 2,883 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)

You so get it Paul. We need to not only look at the relevant information we are being "presented" with (nothing is an accident) but also ask the opposite question and look through the parallax view mirror.

Take all of the parallax views and THEN attempt to connect the dots. It's like wearing your t-shirt inside out.

Saves on a lot of bullets? Creates a verifiable story which guarantees the perpetrators will not be implicated?

So, as Paul does, always ask the opposite question and look at the results.
    "The Law of Opposites" right now is of the utmost importance, especially when dealing with a bunch of known liars....

I'm sure it wasn't Bill's intention to entice fear or a sense of panic, but I am seeing a bit of that peppered throughout this thread.

Think about it folks, something is always likely to happen, something WILL happen....this is the way it is.....

Wars busting out, BP oil spill like events, crooks reaping and financially raping, earthquakes, hurricanes, blizzards, shootings, false flag shockers,....etc etc etc....this stuff is nothing new, but what we are seeing is an escalation of all of the above and more.

So use common sense, logic, and sound reasoning....find your perspective that works the best for you and don't be a follower of someone else's life and perspective. Listen to others with your spirit, soul, mind and heart, not just with your mind, if it rings true then blend some of it with your own. Most importantly, listen to yourself, think for yourself, trust your own heart and intuition.

Stay centered and grounded the best you can and move forward in a balanced and focused way....
    Last edited by SilentFeathers; 8th February 2013 at 12:18.
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

38. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Borodin (13th February 2013), elixirsoo (18th July 2017), Eram (8th February 2013), Gardener (8th February 2013), ginnyk (9th February 2013), Hawkwind (8th February 2013), Lazlo (8th February 2013), northstar (17th March 2013), RMorgan (8th February 2013), Sunny-side-up (15th August 2013), Timreh (12th February 2013), transiten (20th October 2013), transitionalman (8th February 2013)

39. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Quote Posted by Conchis (here)
    Yes, this is true and I have also found that stored white vinegar is essential, also along with sugar. Now Im no sugar fan at all but if things go extreme you will want a way to preserve fruit and its an excellent trade commodity. All of this is actually. You can dry fruit also but you need electricity to do that effectively for large amounts. You can sun dry but its not always the best solution under all circumstances. I also store fruit pectin and lots of canning jars along with reusable Tattler lids and sealing rings for canning. If you can foods you MUST have tattler lids. http://www.reusablecanninglids.com/

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), InTheBackground (9th February 2013), Lazlo (8th February 2013), Lettherebelight (8th February 2013), Maunagarjana (9th February 2013), northstar (17th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (15th August 2013), sygh (11th February 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 11 LastLast