Thread: Essential reading for all Avalonians

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

Default Re: Essential reading for all Avalonians

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by mgray (here)
    I like to follow the money (in true Watergate fashion) on these matters to find proof. Earlier this week the head of floor trading operations at the NYSE wrote this in his daily report sent out to UBS traders.

"A Very Big Bet In A Somewhat Unlikely Instrument – My friend, Jim Brown, the ever-alert consummate professional over at Option Investor pointed us to a rather unusual trade. Here's what he wrote in last night's edition of his valuable newsletter:

In past years I have reported on trades that were so large it appeared someone had inside knowledge of a pending event. Sometimes those were massive put positions on the S&P. A new trade just appeared that suggests there will be a market event in the near future. Last week somebody put on a call spread on the VIX using the April 20 and 25 puts. They bought 150,000 contracts for a net of $75 per contract. That is an $11,250,000 bet that the VIX will move over 20 over the next 60 days. You would have to be VERY confident in your outlook to risk $11 million on a directional position with the VIX at five year lows and the markets trying to break out to new highs.

Jim then goes on to list some of the scheduled events and deadlines visible over the next 60 days (mostly in Washington). When you add in the broad variety of geo-political possibilities, it's a decent reason to stay extra alert.

Hopefully, this person is wrong."

Now, since there is rarely and original thought on investments others have crowded into the trade after this announcement. So I am not sure what to make of it.
    Is it an investment house taking a flyer on a huge bet that the S--- will hit the fan soon, or something more?

Many thanks. If I may, I'd like to translate this into simple language!

There's been a massive "bet" placed -- thousands of times larger then 'normal' -- that the markets will crash round about the end of April.

Times when these kind of huge bets have been placed before include
    • Just before 9/11.
    • Just before the time when the B-52 bomber was discovered having flown half way across the US carrying a nuclear cruise missile (a highly significant and anomalous incident which was swiftly covered up).
    I would just like to point out that the vix is based on market volatility, which means that overall volume of trading effects it value. with the vix currently at a six year low, this investor is actually making a relatively conservative play. As long as 11 million is not a lot of money to them/he/she/it.

an 11 million investment is not any significant amount of money for the elite to shift the balance of power in their favor.

http://www.minyanville.com/trading-a...als&from=yahoo

This means that the s&p 500 could go up, down or stay relativity stable for this investor to make money, so as long as the volume of trading starts to increase.

This does not necessarily mean the investor in question is betting on the stock market to tank.
    Last edited by bearcow; 8th February 2013 at 18:54.
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
    — Dr. Seuss

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Borodin (13th February 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), Hawkwind (8th February 2013), Lazlo (8th February 2013), RMorgan (8th February 2013), Selene (8th February 2013), sygh (11th February 2013)

3. Link to Post #62
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,253 times in 1,895 posts

Dont kid yourselves. The only thing holding this house of cards together is? "Quantitative Easing"! My Definition: The ability to print funny money (Billions of dollars, That's not backed by anything!) When China makes the move away from the dollar it's game over!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

3(C)+me (9th May 2015), Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), Gardener (8th February 2013), kcbc2010 (8th February 2013), RMorgan (8th February 2013)

5. Link to Post #63
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

So does anyone think that its a good time to purchase silver at $31.45 US today? Im thinking I should get some more but I freeze at the price considering I paid under 18 a few years ago.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013)

7. Link to Post #64
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Quote Posted by jagman (here)
    Dont kid yourselves. The only thing holding this house of cards together is? "Quantitative Easing"! My Definition: The ability to print funny money (Billions of dollars, That's not backed by anything!) When China makes the move away from the dollar it's game over!
    Short of purchasing metals and survivial gear what else should one do with their money? Investment is still paying for us. I havent' been able to get DH to move out of it but all has gone well so far even in 2008, although we didnt make much that year.

If I had a lot of money I think I'd just give it away or buy people's homes for them.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), Timreh (12th February 2013)

9. Link to Post #65
    Ilie Pandia

I like to follow the money (in true Watergate fashion) on these matters to find proof. Earlier this week the head of floor trading operations at the NYSE wrote this in his daily report sent out to UBS traders.

"A Very Big Bet In A Somewhat Unlikely Instrument – My friend, Jim Brown, the ever-alert consummate professional over at Option Investor pointed us to a rather unusual trade. Here's what he wrote in last night's edition of his valuable newsletter:

In past years I have reported on trades that were so large it appeared someone had inside knowledge of a pending event. Sometimes those were massive put positions on the S&P. A new trade just appeared that suggests there will be a market event in the near future. Last week somebody put on a call spread on the VIX using the April 20 and 25 puts. They bought 150,000 contracts for a net of $75 per contract. That is an $11,250,000 bet that the VIX will move over 20 over the next 60 days. You would have to be VERY confident in your outlook to risk $11 million on a directional position with the VIX at five year lows and the markets trying to break out to new highs.

Jim then goes on to list some of the scheduled events and deadlines visible over the next 60 days (mostly in Washington). When you add in the broad variety of geo-political possibilities, it's a decent reason to stay extra alert.

Now, since there is rarely and original thought on investments others have crowded into the trade after this announcement. So I am not sure what to make of it.
    Is it an investment house taking a flyer on a huge bet that the S--- will hit the fan soon, or something more?

There's been a massive "bet" placed -- thousands of times larger then 'normal' -- that the markets will crash round about the end of April.

• Just before 9/11.
    • Just before the time when the B-52 bomber was discovered having flown half way across the US carrying a nuclear cruise missile (a highly significant and anomalous incident which was swiftly covered up).
    I understand that there are other indicators of something happening around April-March, but $11 million does not seem like a big enough sum (for Wall-street anyway) to indicate something.

Another thing I don't get is why would you make any kind of financial bet in market that you know is about to crash? I'd rather buy land or tangible resources then hold any kind of paper assets, even if those paper assets say I was correct in my predictions. Who will pay me?

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Borodin (13th February 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), Lazlo (8th February 2013), WEAREONE (9th February 2013)

11. Link to Post #66
    United States Avalon Member ljwheat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,570 times in 870 posts

If fake moneys go south, then fake deeds, fake ownership of stuff will all go south.

The indigenes people of the world never understood the European’s right to own anything, how can you own something you are using from nature, when you let go of its being used everything go’s back to Nature.

A deed is only an agreement to said usage of that you hold, just like money its fake from the start. In reality we own nothing, we use what we hold, the minute you let go of it, its back to being what it started out as neutral it was never yours or mine its of its own till you use it.

So this whole system is based on fake agreements of fake ownership. The minute one go’s south it all go’s south back to being neutral material.

Everything in so called society is built on fake paper promises held in banks and at the county seat. When the agreement of a thing between two or more is gone, your back to the cloths on your back, very fragile are promises of paper manufactured from a tree and Nature. And NOW its going back were it came from. Out of some one’s imagination “ here take this shell for a bit of food its worth something should you need protection from me in the future.” its all based on mutual trust and agreement of something that came out of the ground or Nature to barter with the gull able at first now its Gospel and like gospel it can go away. So I would say its time to go back to nature -- hunt and gather for your needs, and let this society eat there fake paper in all its forms. Wako Texas tried this living off the grid and paid the ultimate price for doing so.

So now its global you say, civilization is killing us all, and has taught us how not to hunt and gather for our own needs.
    Last edited by ljwheat; 8th February 2013 at 19:23.
    Paintings that I have created over the last 35 years >Gallery https://projectavalon.net/forum4/album.php?albumid=587< or here at ACC http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/gro...-or-collection

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Chris Gilbert (9th February 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), Hervé (8th February 2013), InTheBackground (10th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), Malerogro (8th February 2013), MBerger47 (10th March 2013)

13. Link to Post #67
    United States Avalon Member mgray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 times in 1,196 posts

Quote Posted by Ilie Pandia (here)

• Just before 9/11.
    I understand that there are other indicators of something happening around April-March, but $11 million does not seem like a big enough sum (for Wall-street anyway) to indicate something.

Another thing I don't get is why would you make any kind of financial bet in market that you know is about to crash? I'd rather buy land or tangible resources then hold any kind of paper assets, even if those paper assets say I was correct in my predictions. Who will pay me?
    This $11 million bet is surely leveraged, which means payoff could be 10-100 times the derivative bet.
    Yes the VIX measures volatility in the market. More equity sellers would increase the VIX making this a winning bet.
    The line in the story that struck me:
    It then goes on to list some of the scheduled events and deadlines visible over the next 60 days (mostly in Washington). When you add in the broad variety of geo-political possibilities, it's a decent reason to stay extra alert.
    I don't doubt there will be a greenback (US dollar) circulating this summer, but its buying power may be much less.
    As pointed out earlier there allegedly have been huge market bets that in hindsight look very curious.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), kanishk (23rd February 2013), Lazlo (8th February 2013), sygh (11th February 2013)

15. Link to Post #68
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

NO POWER REQUIRED, you will eat, drink, and stay warm/drink hot stuff

Harvest in 3/4/5 days, fresh, no light required, no garden required, just water, buy sprouting seeds, some containers and of you go.

I LIKE SPROUTS, they are juicy, fresh full of life and amazing.

WHY, its cheap, better then cooking your food beyond all recognition and kill it, seeds store compact and will grow multiple times their own size and weight, and its EEEEASY.

What is a seed in this context, everything that lives in a hull and can be purchased dried and in a bag, you now, like your grandma did in the old days.

brown beans, white beans, brown rice, chickpeas, alfalfa, lentils in all shapes and sizes, corn, wheat, mungbeans, adzukibeans, all of these and then some you can sprout, using nothing but a jar with some holes in them for drainage, a bag, some fancy sprouting gear is also available but not a requirement at all, just a jar or a few of them will do just fine.

In the lid are some lentils ( about two tablespoons) that is the before picture if you will. Next to it is a jarlid i poked some holes in for drainage and that works just fine.

In the bowl is the result of five days of sprouting( about a day too long, i forgot they were in their jar, how cruel of me).

Image under here.

Attachment 18606

So, get sprouting i say, on that very small countertop you see, let me count.......ok 9 bags of beans, wheat, lentils, peas and what not this costs about 15 bucks............. when sprouted these nine bags will fill up your bathtub about 6 times completely...........with 1th grade healthy food. So sprout.

Food prep, STOVES ( these are very small and portable and for biomass/alcohol/esbit/hexamine)

Besides burning biomass, which is FREE, these stoves also can be used with solid fuel like Esbit, hexamine and or alcohol.

I have been looking into these stoves for a while now, i recently finally got my biolite stove, but it is a bit bulky in my pack and it only burns biomass, biomass fuel is great but not when you are indoors and how much wood can one stack up in an apartment eh?

So here are the four foldable stoves that caught my attention and no this is not a commercial from my part, tghey are great for camping and as emergency stoves just in case the power goes down in a scenario nobody wants to experience.

You can build each and every one of these yourself for cheap or decide not to invent the wheel again and look into one of these stoves( unless you come up with a far better wheel that is)

So the four stoves i checked out and they seemed to be working pretty well are:

1. THE FIREBOX http://foldingfirebox.com/

2. THE EMBERLIT http://www.emberlit.com/

3. VARGO HEXAGON http://vargooutdoors.com/

4. THE HONEY STOVE http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/product397.asp

Water filtration 1 million litres

Thats what it says on the box. Freezeframe the vid and you can see it, the website also specifies it, they have different options from 0.10 micron to 0.02 micron versions the latter one is a bit more expensive but filters a lot better and is still cheaper than the Katadyn, something you might want to look in to.

www.sawyer.com/tech-water.html

FYI, the sawyer squeeze.

and

Sawyer 4 Liter Complete Water Purification System

A complete 4-Liter system that removes Viruses, Bacteria, and Protozoa in as little as 15 minutes. Includes: a 4-Liter Nylon Dirty Water Dispenser, a 4-Liter Nylon Clean Water Storage Vessel with High Flow Dispensing Cap, a 0.02 Micron Absolute Inline Water Purifier, Faucet Adapter, Drink Tube, Cleaning and Maintenance Instructions. BPA Free. Weight: 20 ounces. Life Expectancy: 1 Million Gallons Guaranteed. Thats almost 3.8 million liters.

And please o please, check out Ron Mauers website, its very very extensive and covers almost everything you need or can encounter.
    Last edited by 778 neighbour of some guy; 8th February 2013 at 20:48.

16. Link to Post #69
    Netherlands Avalon Member Malerogro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ljwheat (here)
    I’m the Car” amnesia
    This metaphor of the spirit and the car will stay with me, thanks! It is easy to visualize and therefore useful to remind yourself of who you really are; namely as separate from the car, yet having a responsibility in driving it and take back control. Otherwise the car will drive you on autopilot
    "I cannot detach myself from the wickedest soul"

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Malerogro For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Borodin (13th February 2013), ljwheat (8th February 2013)

18. Link to Post #70
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 times in 364 posts

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but if you are on (essential) meds, look into getting an emergency supply if possible. If you need a life saving med like insulin, I have no idea what your options would be if a catastrophe went beyond a few months. Unfortunately I'm currently on a couple meds, I'm going to see if my pharmacies will let me do this (I have a feeling the insurance companies won't pay for this).
    Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alan For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Lazlo (9th February 2013), Nick Matkin (8th February 2013), sygh (11th February 2013), Timreh (12th February 2013)

20. Link to Post #71
    United States Avalon Member ljwheat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,570 times in 870 posts

Quote Posted by Malerogro (here)
    Quote Posted by ljwheat (here)
    I’m the Car” amnesia
    This metaphor of the spirit and the car will stay with me, thanks! It is easy to visualize and therefore useful to remind yourself of who you really are; namely as separate from the car, yet having a responsibility in driving it and take back control. Otherwise the car will drive you on autopilot
    Thank you Malerogro, that’s exactly what I was going for an easy way to stay centered in spirit.

Avatar the Movie was another analogy I like to use too. If Jake’s Avatar die’s he just wakes up in his real spiritual container, and yet that container is yet another fail safe, falling back to spirit the driver of even that vehicle too.

So regardless what our avatar is or will face - staying fearless with this knowledge the real you is safe. And eternal. Protecting the avatar from physical harm is now and has always been what the elite have used against our free spirit, jumping on a grenade to save a group of your buddy’s is a good example of selfless love knowing everything is OK with the world as it is.

But the people still hung up on I’m the vehicle need to remember who they are to escape that fear of loosing the avatar. And putting all there trust in there next safe breath.?
    Paintings that I have created over the last 35 years >Gallery https://projectavalon.net/forum4/album.php?albumid=587< or here at ACC http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/gro...-or-collection

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Freed Fox (8th February 2013), Malerogro (8th February 2013)

22. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

Quote We can't just be consumers of interesting information, as if we're watching the ultimate reality show. We have to act, to take responsibility, to do stuff. Don't just watch.

Some of you will have a mission to inform others, and that's understood. But if we're ALL just informing one another, and doing nothing, the incestuousness becomes futile and of little use.
    It has been an interesting thread so far, with a wealth of solid information. Personally, the quoted spoke loud and clear to me most of all. I have been training myself to become conscious about how I take on the information I come across and I try to do it from an increasingly active standpont. Also when you are not acting on the information immediately I think it is important to actively watch and digest it instead of passively consume it. I love how the word consume can go both ways, and it probably always does go both ways. If you consume something there is always the lurking danger of being consumed by it. This sort of alignes also with the spirit/car metaphor from ljwheat: if you are not aware of being a spirit driving the car, the car will drive you.
    The point is that we have to critically and intuïtively have to reflect on how we positon ourselves to the information we digest and how it will contribute to our spirtual and planetary development. If there is no real contribution, or when there are no meaningful actions tied to it, then what is the point?
    Furthermore, as has become clear through this thread, there is no time to waste. So from now on I am going to try to become more selective in the information I seek out and the criteria (along with trustworthiness of course) will become whether I will be able to do something with it today.
    Last edited by Malerogro; 8th February 2013 at 22:33.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malerogro For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), ljwheat (8th February 2013)

24. Link to Post #73
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,009 times in 8,167 posts

Quote Posted by Malerogro (here)
    Quote We can't just be consumers of interesting information, as if we're watching the ultimate reality show. We have to act, to take responsibility, to do stuff. Don't just watch.

Some of you will have a mission to inform others, and that's understood. But if we're ALL just informing one another, and doing nothing, the incestuousness becomes futile and of little use.
    It has been an interesting thread so far, with a wealth of solid information. Personally, the quoted spoke loud and clear to me most of all. I have been training myself to become conscious about how I take on the infromation I come across and I try to do it from an increasingly active standpont. Also when you are not acting on the information immediately I think it is important to actively watch and digest it instead of passively consume it. I love how the word consume can go both ways, and it probably always does go both ways. If you consume something there is always the lurking danger of being consumed by it. This sort of alignes also with the spirit/car metaphor from ljwheat: if you are not aware of being a spirit driving the car, the car will drive you.
    The point is that we have to critically and intuïtively have to reflect on how we positon ourselves to the information we digest and how it will contribute to our spirtual and planetary development. If there is no real contribution, or when there are no meaningful actions tied to it, then what is the point?
    Furthermore, as has become clear through this thread, there is no time to waste. So from now on I am going to try to become more selective in the information I seek out and the criteria (along with trustworthiness of course) will become whether I will be able to do something with it today.
    Atticus/Charles said the alternative scene is just another genre within the entertainment industry.

He singled out 2 people from all of it who he felt were the real deal.

[ not that I believe him, or course ]

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Rpi3g_SiqgE
    Last edited by norman; 8th February 2013 at 23:10.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Lettherebelight (9th February 2013), Malerogro (8th February 2013)

26. Link to Post #74
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    [...]

[...]
    ]
    Then why post it when it is known that he was sent out with Bill Ryan as a target to take him and Project Avalon down?
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Jean-Marie (9th February 2013), Lazlo (9th February 2013), Lettherebelight (9th February 2013), Malerogro (8th February 2013), Selene (8th February 2013), sygh (11th February 2013), ThePythonicCow (8th February 2013), ulli (9th February 2013)

28. Link to Post #75
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    Then why post it when it is known that he was sent out with Bill Ryan as a target to take him and Project Avalon down?
    I don't know about you, but I read quite a lot between the lines from that interview.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 9th February 2013 at 00:15. Reason: Trim quoted material
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

29. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013)

30. Link to Post #76
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

I don't know about you, but I read quite a lot between the lines from that interview.
    Then it is all assumptions compared to admitted facts.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 9th February 2013 at 00:15. Reason: Reduce nested quoting depth
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

32. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

Then it is all assumptions compared to admitted facts.
    Correct !............ like most of everything going around here. [ with the exception of first hand testimony and very rare hard documentation ]
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 9th February 2013 at 00:16. Reason: Reduce nested quoting depth

33. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

34. Link to Post #78
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

Thanks for this thread Bill. We all must certainly be on our toes from here on, as they may strike anytime now from where we least expect it, or from many fronts simultaneously.
    Last edited by Camilo; 9th February 2013 at 22:10.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

36. Link to Post #79
    United States Avalon Member Referee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,978 times in 1,576 posts

Thank you bill will be studying this thread for a few days. We all appreciate your due diligence!

PS. IMO SERCO is most likely involved!
    Last edited by Referee; 9th February 2013 at 01:42.
    "A nation which has forgotten the quality of courage which in the past has been brought to public life is not as likely to insist upon or regard that quality in its chosen leaders today - and in fact we have forgotten. "John F. Kennedy

Peace, Love and Consiousness
    Referee

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Referee For This Post:

bennycog (9th February 2013), Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), sygh (11th February 2013)

38. Link to Post #80
    Thanks

Correct !............ like most of everything going around here. [ with the exception of first hand testimony and very rare hard documentation ]
    Question for Norman: Then how do you personally find your way through all the assumptions out here? Did you find some kind of truth here or do you just like to swimm in a sea of assumptions?

In any case, it is a great time for me to be reminded of the Atticus hstory since that is where I started out in my search for truth which was very confusing and therefore a hard but rich learning experience. Listening to him after a year of intense truth seeking on all levels, he sounds now like he is not even taking himself seriously in this interview. The original interview was much more loaded, there was more behind it, and it was therefore much harder to read him as I remember. I should go back to the original maybe because it was a long time ago and a very different stage in my search for truth..
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 9th February 2013 at 00:16. Reason: Reduce nested quoting depth

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Malerogro For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 4 11 LastLast