+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Willis speaks against new gun laws, says movies not to blame for violence..!

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default Bruce Willis speaks against new gun laws, says movies not to blame for violence..!

February 07, 2013

BRUCE Willis says he's against new gun control laws in US that could infringe on a citizen's right to carry firearms.

The Die Hard star also dismisses any link between Hollywood shootouts and real-life gun violence.

"I think that you can't start to pick apart anything out of the Bill of Rights without thinking that it's all going to become undone," Willis said while promoting his latest film, A Good Day To Die Hard.

Quote ''If you take one out or change one law, then why wouldn't they take all your rights away from you?"
    Willis' fifth outing as wise-cracking cop John McClane, due in theatres next month, comes as his action franchise marks its 25th anniversary.

The 57-year-old actor will also be seen firing away at bad guys in the upcoming sequels G.I. Joe: Retaliation and Red 2, both due later this year.

But he believes "the real topic is diminished" when observers link Hollywood entertainment with high-profile mass shootings like those last year in Connecticut and Colorado.

Quote "No one commits a crime because they saw a film. There's nothing to support that," Willis said.

"We're not making movies about people that have gone berserk, or gone nuts. Those kind of movies wouldn't last very long at all."
    Willis added that he doesn't see how additional legislation could prevent future mass shootings.

Quote "It's a difficult thing and I really feel bad for those families," he said. "I'm a father and it's just a tragedy. But I don't know how you legislate insanity. I don't know what you do about it. I don't even know how you begin to stop that."
    http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entert...-1226572303297

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,246 times in 853 posts

Default Re: Bruce Willis speaks against new gun laws, says movies not to blame for violence..!

Quote Bruce Willis speaks against new gun laws, says movies not to blame for violence..!
    Although i am against gun and ammo bans, the truth is
    that tv and movies do promote violence in our young
    children.

I'm reminded of a time a few years back, when a 12 year
    old boy, just got done watching wrestling and then decided
    to give his much younger sister a pile driver (Turn someone
    upside down and slam their head into the floor). Needless
    to say, the little girl died as a result of this and the boy was
    tried as an adult and was sentenced to prison.

Just from watching a violent sport, two lives were lost that day...

Look at all the kids that, in my day, used to watch cowboys
    and indians shows and then went outside to complete their
    programming by pretending to shoot each other.

How about war movies. Kid do the same thing after watching
    those to.

Instead of promoting peace and love(in the correct way, not lust), we
    promote violence and kids grow up with this, already programmed
    into them.

I'm sure that some mothers have noticed how their young children's
    actions take a turn toward the violent side, after watching these types
    of shows.

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to humanalien For This Post:

Alan (8th February 2013), Arrowwind (8th February 2013), Blacklight43 (8th February 2013), bram (9th February 2013), ghostrider (9th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (10th February 2013), Mad Hatter (9th February 2013), Syl (23rd February 2013)

4. Link to Post #3
    Ilie Pandia

Default Re: Bruce Willis speaks against new gun laws, says movies not to blame for violence..!

What did you expect Bruce to say?

"The industry I make a living in is actually influencing your mind depicting how cool it is to solve any matter with deadly violence, 'cause that's the American way! I wish I could do a movie about a spiritual quest, but I am told that would never sell!"

Instead this may be another marketing trick for this movie...

Sorry Bruce, big fan!....

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

bram (9th February 2013), huyi82 (9th February 2013), Mad Hatter (9th February 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    Ilie Pandia

Quote Posted by Bruce Willis
    "It's a difficult thing and I really feel bad for those families," he said. "I'm a father and it's just a tragedy. But I don't know how you legislate insanity. I don't know what you do about it. I don't even know how you begin to stop that."
    Make another Die Harder!! movie, that will help!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Mad Hatter (9th February 2013)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,545 times in 2,615 posts

oops. misundertood the post.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by humanalien (here)
    Quote Bruce Willis speaks against new gun laws, says movies not to blame for violence..!
    children.
    I agree 110%. Him and his like should shoulder a significant proportion of the blame and make contrition by working to improve the ethics of our culture through the media.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

ghostrider (9th February 2013), Mad Hatter (9th February 2013)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Yeah.. and who paid him to say this??
    Follow the money.
    Last edited by astrid; 9th February 2013 at 04:16.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

11. The Following User Says Thank You to astrid For This Post:

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 times in 309 posts

At one time in history some books where thought of as to violent, to sexual, or to far away from religion, and blamed for the problems of violence etc..... are we to turn back down this road again? ban movies because we as adult parents are to lazy to teach our children the difference between right and wrong?. That's the problem now a'days not the violence level in movies and games but how lazy we have become to tell the child.. "no you are to young for this movie or Little johnny this is a make believe movie you do not do this in the real world.".. We need to requignize the problem.. Parenting... The world has gotten lazy and is letting the TV, the Movies , The video games choose how children think, and we as adults are not correcting them...

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DouglasDanger For This Post:

bennycog (9th February 2013), EsmaEverheart (9th February 2013), Mad Hatter (9th February 2013), NancyV (9th February 2013)

14. Link to Post #8
    Ilie Pandia

Nobody said anything about banning the movies.

We are simply stating movies that do promote violence indeed influence people to be more violent, especially younger people.

"No one commits a crime because they saw a film. There's nothing to support that"

This is not true, as you can see from some examples above.

But I agree with you that violent movies are mostly a symptom and not a cause, and yes parenting has a lot to do with it, but one could argue that parents teach what they saw in movies.

To me it seems that only a higher self awareness and "deprogramming" can help us break the vicious circle. Banning movies or books is not helping.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

DouglasDanger (8th February 2013), East Sun (9th February 2013), ghostrider (9th February 2013), Mad Hatter (9th February 2013)

16. Link to Post #9
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ilie Pandia (here)
    Quote Posted by Bruce Willis
    "It's a difficult thing and I really feel bad for those families," he said. "I'm a father and it's just a tragedy. But I don't know how you legislate insanity. I don't know what you do about it. I don't even know how you begin to stop that."
    Make another Die Harder!! movie, that will help!
    What did you expect Bruce to say?

"The industry I make a living in is actually influencing your mind depicting how cool it is to solve any matter with deadly violence, 'cause that's the American way! I wish I could do a movie about a spiritual quest, but I am told that would never sell!"

Instead this may be another marketing trick for this movie...

Sorry Bruce, big fan!....
    I think some are 'Missing the Point' of my posting this article...

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)

"I think that you can't start to pick apart anything out of the Bill of Rights without thinking that it's all going to become undone," Willis said while promoting his latest film, A Good Day To Die Hard.

Quote ''If you take one out or change one law, then why wouldn't they take all your rights away from you?"
    Its got less to do with the movies and more to do with Bruce Willis Publically Standing Up for the Bill of Rights & The Constitution...

There is more than 1 way to 'Stand-Up' against those that wish to take away your 'Liberties & Freedoms'...

...and Bruce Willis just showed you how a 'Hollywood Celebrity' can get the 'Message Out' and which side he is on...

OURS...

PS - As you are aware, not too many 'Hollywood Types' are willing to put their 'Careers-On-The-Line' and 'Stand-Up' against the NWO Govt. and Bruce Willis just did..!

So, I say 'Give Credit' when 'Credit' is due...

Thanks Bruce...
    Last edited by jackovesk; 9th February 2013 at 01:03.

17. Link to Post #10
    Ilie Pandia

Then perhaps the thread should have a different title, more about the constitution and less about the movies.

Bruce is on the Hollywood side .

(Some should stand up for the bill of rights for the original Indian population... ops, they have none...)

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

bram (9th February 2013), Mad Hatter (9th February 2013), Referee (9th February 2013)

19. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

I think watching violence in movies, softens the mind about killing ... just like a good song you can't get out of your head ... look at it, after saturday night fever, everyone went disco dancing, after fast and furious, every teenage boy put spoilers on their cars and wanted noz in their engine, people act out what they see, go to a star trek convention, or star wars convention, or the rocky horror picture show ...naa it's just a film right mr. Willis ?? the public just wants to live in another matrix other than the one called reality ... that two hour movie they can't wait to see , gets them out of the matrix , and for a short time their stress level goes down ...the focus is on fantasy , instead of reality ... how many ran around after the movie saying , yippie Ki- yea ??? but I forgot according to mr Willis , movies have no affect on the audience right ???
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

bram (9th February 2013), Mad Hatter (9th February 2013)

21. Link to Post #12
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Then perhaps the thread should have a different title, more about the constitution and less about the movies.

Bruce is on the Hollywood side .

(Some should stand up for the bill of rights for the original Indian population... ops, they have none...)
    The 'Title' is exactly how it was written...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entert...-1226572303297

Quote Bruce is on the Hollywood side

Time for you to do a little more 'Homework' on our friend 'Bruce Willis - The Patriot' Ilie...

22. Link to Post #13
    Ilie Pandia

I think I'll bow out. Not being an American I keep forgetting America is the center of the world.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

bram (9th February 2013), Mad Hatter (9th February 2013), markpierre (13th February 2013)

24. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,411 times in 1,719 posts

Not being an American I keep forgetting America is the center of the world.
    Being an Administrator is there a need to be cheeky about it? I thought you were meant to set an example!

No America is not the center of the world, but there citzen seem to be coping more than their fair share of crap from their government at the moment with the possibility their government is trying to provoke a civil war.

What happens in the USA will reflect on what happens in the world. So rightful, the USA is the center of the world at the moment because if TPTW have their way and subdue the American people there rest of the world will soon thereafter become subdued and fall in line, and then for TPTW it will be a free for all.
    Last edited by BMJ; 9th February 2013 at 14:23.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

Arrowwind (9th February 2013), EsmaEverheart (9th February 2013), jackovesk (9th February 2013), jjjones (9th February 2013), Mad Hatter (9th February 2013), NancyV (9th February 2013)

26. Link to Post #15
    Ilie Pandia

Quote Posted by BMJ (here)
    Being an Administrator is there a need to be checky about? I thought you were meant to set an example!

No America is not the center of the world but there citzen seem to be coping more than their fair share of crap from their government at the moment with the possibility of civil war in the future.

What happens in the USA will reflect on what happens in the world. So rightful, the USA is the center of the world at the moment because if TPTW have their way and subdue the American people there rest of the world will soon follow suite.
    I see your point and I apologize for my previous posts.

Let me offer more details about why I wrote what I wrote, and it has nothing to do with me being an administrator here.

I agree with your post 100%. In fact your post is exactly why I got upset! This is no longer about America, or about Bruce Willis being a patriot. It's about the entire human race.

I do feel for the people in America right now, and in my view they are very oppressed and in big trouble. But I do not equate the people/humans living in America with America itself or with the American flag, or American patriotism or any kind of nationalism! And I don't think highly of Romanian nationalism either.

We are all human brothers and sisters and it bothers me greatly to see "the flag!" in stuffed in my face, or talk about patriotism.

So I retract my checky remark (not even sure what checky is, but obviously not something good), and I'll agree that America is the center of the world right now, in the sense that what happens there will affect the entire globe.

But I also ask to drop the "patriotism" and "nationalist" act, and admit that this is not only about America and it has nothing to do with a piece of cloth called a "flag". If this is too much to ask, then I do need to bow out of this discussion.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

BMJ (9th February 2013), bram (9th February 2013), Mad Hatter (9th February 2013)

28. Link to Post #16
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I think I'll bow out. Not being an American I keep forgetting America is the center of the world.
    Quote I think I'll bow out.
    If you must...

Quote Not being an American I keep forgetting America is the center of the world.
    Sarcasm Noted - I understand your POV...

As you all are aware, I am not American but I do realise America is (Ground-Zero) to rescuing back 'Freedom & Liberty' from the NWO Globalists...

If the American People can ever take back their Country, alot of our 'Ailments' would be GONE overnight...

Namely, take Australia for instance...
    • American Troops on our Soil - GONE
    • Australian Troops out of Afghanistan
    • CIA out of Pine Gap, Exmouth, Port Headland etc, etc...

America & the World
    • The 'Military Instrial Complex' DISMANTLED
    • The 'United Nations' GONE
    • NAFTA & GATT - GONE
    • Glass Stegal - REINSTATED
    • The 'FED' & 'Fiat Money' GONE
    • The CROWNS influence over Australia GONE
    • The 'City of London' Rule over the World - GONE
    • Corporate Fascism GONE
    • CIA, NSA, HLS - GONE

Unfortunately American is the 'Linchpin' to alot of our Troubles and Awareness to that is paramount in the fight towards 'Freedom & Liberty' throughout the world...

I know I am generalising a little, but this applies to every nation on earth...

The 'Real Culprit' the (Puppet-Master) is the...

Quote CITY of LONDON & the "Home of the Royal Institute of International Affairs" (Chatham House)

www.chathamhouse.org
    Last edited by jackovesk; 9th February 2013 at 02:07.

29. Link to Post #17
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,130 times in 744 posts

Quote Posted by humanalien (here)
    children.

I've played videogames since i was 3. Started with Commander Keen, Crystal Caves, Halloween Harry.... and as i aged Pitfall the Mayan Adventure and Mechwarrior 2. This quickly progressed as i aged to a LOVE of first person shooters, specifically WW2 shooters, such as Medal of Honor Allied Assault, then Call of Duty 1-3. These are pretty freaking violent, all involve/revolve around killing. Ontop of this i watch TV shows and Movies that "promote violence" such as Dexter, Supernatural, and the movies specifically highlighted such as Die Hard and others like it.

I do not like fighting. I do not like war. When i get angry to the point where i know im going to get physical to get that out of my system, i take it out on objects that cannot be hurt (such as a brick wall, a metal pole, etc). Those occasions are very rare.

Video Games, and Movies do not cause violence.

Lack of proper parenting and care/teaching of children causes violence. Abusive households cause violence. Abusive children in schools that go unchecked causes violence. The drugs that are being pumped into people cause violence.

But hey! Let's blame it on a movie!!! So people dont catch on to the real causes and do something abuot it, so we can impliment our police-state plans.... No wonder the elites are so confident in and openly laugh at us with every action they take.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

bennycog (9th February 2013), jackovesk (18th February 2013), Mad Hatter (9th February 2013), NancyV (9th February 2013), The Truth Is In There (10th February 2013)

31. Link to Post #18
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 139,007 times in 21,568 posts

not even sure what checky is, but obviously not something good
    I guess that "checky" is a misspelling of "cheeky".
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

32. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

33. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,411 times in 1,719 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    not even sure what checky is, but obviously not something good
    I guess that "checky" is a misspelling of "cheeky".
    Yes thank you, my error.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by BMJ (here)
    Being an Administrator is there a need to be checky about? I thought you were meant to set an example!

No America is not the center of the world but there citzen seem to be coping more than their fair share of crap from their government at the moment with the possibility of civil war in the future.

What happens in the USA will reflect on what happens in the world. So rightful, the USA is the center of the world at the moment because if TPTW have their way and subdue the American people there rest of the world will soon follow suite.
    I see your point and I apologize for my previous posts.

Let me offer more details about why I wrote what I wrote, and it has nothing to do with me being an administrator here.

I agree with your post 100%. In fact your post is exactly why I got upset! This is no longer about America, or about Bruce Willis being a patriot. It's about the entire human race.

I do feel for the people in America right now, and in my view they are very oppressed and in big trouble. But I do not equate the people/humans living in America with America itself or with the American flag, or American patriotism or any kind of nationalism! And I don't think highly of Romanian nationalism either.

We are all human brothers and sisters and it bothers me greatly to see "the flag!" in stuffed in my face, or talk about patriotism.

So I retract my checky remark (not even sure what checky is, but obviously not something good), and I'll agree that America is the center of the world right now, in the sense that what happens there will affect the entire globe.

But I also ask to drop the "patriotism" and "nationalist" act, and admit that this is not only about America and it has nothing to do with a piece of cloth called a "flag". If this is too much to ask, then I do need to bow out of this discussion.
    Thank you for clarifying your position.

34. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member ljwheat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,571 times in 870 posts

What books or movie’s did the people in Salam Mass. That caused to go to the streets and burn people at the stake?

What movie’s or books did people have to justify killing over 19 million American Indians or cowboys dressing up as Indians and shoot there own people.

Hitler admired how the Americans did this to the Indians and influenced the wiping our of the Jew’s and any ethnic group caught out on the streets of Germany.

What influenced Gangues’ Con to rage across Europe, things do not kill people it’s the crazy mind that pick up a thing and uses it to kill. how do you ban the mind -- jail it and then watch the mind kill his fellow inmate.

How do you legislate the mind when it’s usually backed up by God not video game’s or movie’s or books well save one the holy books kill more than movie’s.

If the mind cant find a gun to pick up it will pick up a Brick, because I can't stand my idiot brother any more he’s driving me crazy or wife or government or you standing in my face all the time. it’s the mind, it’s the mind not what is in your hands.

So the world want's to eliminate 6 + billion of us, and the sensible thing to do in turn over your gun’s? and even that is a mind problem. Submissive slavery is in your future with that kind of mind.
    Last edited by ljwheat; 9th February 2013 at 16:46.
    Paintings that I have created over the last 35 years >Gallery https://projectavalon.net/forum4/album.php?albumid=587< or here at ACC http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/gro...-or-collection

35. The Following User Says Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

NancyV (9th February 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast