+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Anunnaki, their history on earth, where are they today?

1. Link to Post #41
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Default Re: The Anunnaki, their history on earth, where are they today?

Thanks Deega, will put that on my list of things to look up.

Your post reminded me of the second book in my science fiction trilogy, of which I only wrote the first since I could not get published. No matter, really, electrician pays better.

The point is the outline, in brief: A planet is flung out of its orbit into deep space. The race of beings on the planet learn how to survive without a home sun and eventually find a way to alter the trajectory of their planet. They send out search parties to find a good new home star and steer towards it. Yup, you guessed it, they arrive at our solar system but things go wrong and one of their moons smashes into the planet that is now the asteroid belt. I still have the outline somewhere around here. How co-incidental is that? No wonder I am fascinated by the history of the Anunnaki. Thanks for the reminder.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Deega (12th February 2013), Limor Wolf (14th February 2013), Maunagarjana (12th February 2013)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Thanks Deega, will put that on my list of things to look up.

Your post reminded me of the second book in my science fiction trilogy, of which I only wrote the first since I could not get published. No matter, really, electrician pays better.

The point is the outline, in brief: A planet is flung out of its orbit into deep space. The race of beings on the planet learn how to survive without a home sun and eventually find a way to alter the trajectory of their planet. They send out search parties to find a good new home star and steer towards it. Yup, you guessed it, they arrive at our solar system but things go wrong and one of their moons smashes into the planet that is now the asteroid belt. I still have the outline somewhere around here. How co-incidental is that? No wonder I am fascinated by the history of the Anunnaki. Thanks for the reminder.
    Thanks Ernie, how unfortunate you could not find a publisher for your second book!

There is a section in Anton Parks work he write that a collision occured between two planets (between Mars and Jupiter) that got smash and turn out to be the asteriod belt. The Gina-Abul used that planet on their voyages in our Solar System. The similarities are striking.

The best to you!
    Last edited by Deega; 22nd February 2013 at 15:30.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Deega For This Post:

AlaBil (12th February 2013)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member AlaBil's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 times in 186 posts

Quote Posted by Deega (here)
    Thanks Ernie, a few years back, I had the opportunity to read Anton Parks work ''Girku Chronicles'', French books that must of been translated now.
    Deega... I cannot find the Anton Parks books translated into English anywhere. Do you know of any place?

I found this site showing some excerpts from his work...http://www.zeitlin.net/EndEnchantment/Secrets.html

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AlaBil For This Post:

Deega (12th February 2013)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AlaBil (here)
    Quote Posted by Deega (here)
    Thanks Ernie, a few years back, I had the opportunity to read Anton Parks work ''Girku Chronicles'', French books that must of been translated now.
    Deega... I cannot find the Anton Parks books translated into English anywhere. Do you know of any place?

I found this site showing some excerpts from his work...http://www.zeitlin.net/EndEnchantment/Secrets.html
    Hey thanks AlaBil, yes!, great!, you find Anton Parks works in English, glad to know, was not aware of it, I'll be checking to see if something was added up after his first five books.

Edit: I find an eBook in Scribb, I'll be searching the web to find out if translation have advance.

http://fr.scribd.com/doc/30374546/Ag...ars-Anton-Park

The Eden Saga
    http://eden-saga.com/en/sumer-mythol...ople-enki.html
    A translation of his first book
    http://bibliotecapleyades.lege.net/s...THE%20GINAABUL
    A discussion Forum on Anton Parks work
    http://www.nas2406.com/antonparksfor...hp?f=31&t=1240
    Another discussion Forum on the First book of Anton Parks
    http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=27876.0

I'm surprise, Anton Parks received help on translation, but, not all of his French books have been translated, I guess it will come rapidly, hopefully!
    Last edited by Deega; 12th February 2013 at 20:59.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Deega For This Post:

Star Tsar (18th February 2013)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

The bookstore I frequent has nothing new on this topic right now. Too bad.

Right now I'm reading two of Sitchin's books:
    Book 7 of the Earth Chronicles - The End of Days
    Genesis Revisited

Did you know that Sitchin went on record three weeks before Voyager 1 spacecraft reached Neptune and predicted its color, composition and some other features of that world before the spacecraft reached the planet. He was right on every point. His source were the ancient writings of the Sumerian culture. I find that alone irrefutable proof of Sitchins claims. Of course I'm sure he was incorrect in some of his interpretations - he was only human after all. But it sure seems to prove the Sumerians claims of an extraterrestrial race - how else could they have known about these outer planets that no one can see from earth and were only discovered recently by modern science (the last 250 years or so - in the case of Uranus, less than 200 for Neptune and under 100 for Pluto)?

About halfway through The Mound book. Interesting read. So many links to read. Thanks everyone.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

CdnSirian (22nd February 2013), Limor Wolf (14th February 2013)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

The bookstore I frequent has nothing new on this topic right now. Too bad.

Right now I'm reading two of Sitchin's books:
    Book 7 of the Earth Chronicles - The End of Days
    Genesis Revisited

Did you know that Sitchin went on record three weeks before Voyager 1 spacecraft reached Neptune and predicted its color, composition and some other features of that world before the spacecraft reached the planet. He was right on every point. His source were the ancient writings of the Sumerian culture. I find that alone irrefutable proof of Sitchins claims. Of course I'm sure he was incorrect in some of his interpretations - he was only human after all. But it sure seems to prove the Sumerians claims of an extraterrestrial race - how else could they have known about these outer planets that no one can see from earth and were only discovered recently by modern science (the last 250 years or so - in the case of Uranus, less than 200 for Neptune and under 100 for Pluto)?

About halfway through The Mound book. Interesting read. So many links to read. Thanks everyone.
    Great Ernie, you're on the discovery path on Stichin work. I never read much of it, unfortunately, I was influenced by the interview David Ickle did with Arizona Wilde, she mentioned that Stitchin, like many other bloodlines, used to participate in bizarre rituals. So I didn't push in Stichin direction, probably will be missing pieces of this great Sumerian Culture, cunieforms puzzle.

As per Anton Park, it has been a year now since reading his work. He was supposed to terminate other books on the Sumerian and Akkadian lives on Earth.

I should add that I was really impressed by his work, at first, I was somewhat shock, Gina-Abul were Reptile, but with time and reading I became accustomed to these beings and their customs.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

CdnSirian (22nd February 2013), Ernie Nemeth (13th February 2013), Limor Wolf (14th February 2013)

13. Link to Post #47
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

I am not prejudiced, info is info until proven otherwise.

I've read the book and others Barbara has written. Just had a look on my bookshelf but, alas, it seems I've given those books away. I often do that because I travel light. Or I should say I used to travel light. Now I find more value in staying put and I really could afford to keep my books. It is just that these days, in these uncertain times, there are more pressing issues and perhaps not as much time to dabble in unverifiable areas of research.
    Some of Barbara's information is available on Youtube. Her information was my introduction to the reptilians, a fascinating journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKpVR0jqL3w

Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 13th February 2013 at 18:40.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

CdnSirian (22nd February 2013), Ernie Nemeth (13th February 2013), jagman (18th February 2013), Limor Wolf (14th February 2013), Star Tsar (18th February 2013)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

With all the talk about the pope's abdication, I thought I would add some parallels from more ancient times.

For instance the crossing that christians do dates back way before christianity. Its roots are from the Babylonian times when Marduk, son of Enki, was the primary god of the times. Marduk's name became synonymous with the planet of the gods, Nibiru - the planet of the crossing, as it was called. Not only the crossing of oneself but the equal armed cross symbol originated in these times. There are many pictures of ancient peoples bearing the cross at heart level.

Also, today prayers end with the word amen. This is a direct reference to the god AmonRa, almost blatantly referencing the genesis of the christian faith and tying it all neatly back to the Egyptian dynasties and even earlier times. These are the two main gods that competed for supremacy in ancient times that I referenced in an earlier post - the "unseen" god and the "seen" god.

There are so many parallels between christianity and the Sumerian theosophy that the correlation is all but irrefutable. Almost every story in the bible is a truncated version of a Sumerian story written and preserved in the tablets of the Sumerians. Some may not want to hear this and wish to deny it but the evidence is there for all to see. Even the god Yaweh(spelling?) is alluded to in the ancient works.

Another interesting point is the year count of the Hebrew cabalists (Kabbalah?) that at the moment is almost 5,800 years, I believe. What are they counting? They are counting from the time Nibiru swung around this solar system two orbits ago! They don't up and admit that, but it is the truth. One could ask, whose return are they waiting for, really? This is not conspiracy theory, this is fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_calendar

Thanks for all the contributors to this thread. I have so much referencing to do I'll be busy for months with it. Maybe we can make a dent in uncovering the last part of the title of this thread: Where are the Anunnaki today?

None of what I have posted is meant as an attack to any religion or belief. But if we want to understand why we are where we are, we must understand the truth of our history, not the made up story of the victors.
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 14th February 2013 at 01:52.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

CdnSirian (22nd February 2013), Deega (14th February 2013), jagman (18th February 2013), Limor Wolf (14th February 2013), Maunagarjana (20th February 2013), Star Tsar (18th February 2013)

17. Link to Post #49
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Well, hopefully this is not off topic, but I contend that the era starting in the Sumerian days, or even Atlantis for that matter, is only the latest chapter of a very very long Earth story. Sort of like for most every day people, going back to 18 or 1900 is ancient history. The Annunaki may just be the the latest players, with history before them having been long consumed by time.

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

I am reading so many books at once I can barely keep them sorted in my mind. I see now that Sitchin left his best points for the last book in his series, or perhaps that is because by then he had a comprehensive overview arranged neatly in his own mind. Here is a footnote from the End of Days, the seventh and last book in his series, The Earth Chronicles. In it he names some of his contemporaries and scholars from the era before his that his work is based on. He also mentions some of the contentious issues he faced and the controversies he championed.

The extensive astronomical data that have been found attracted, already in the 19th and early 20th centuries, the time, attention and patience of scholarly giants who brilliantly combined "Assyriology" with knowledge of astronomy. The very first book of The Earth Chronicles, The 12th Planet, covered and used the work and achievements of the likes of Franz Kugler, Ernst Weidner, Erich Ebeling, Herman Hilprecht, Alfred Jeremias, Morris Jastrow, Albert Schott and Th. G. Pinches, among others. Their task was complicated by the fact that the same kakkabu (any celestial body, including planets, fixed stars, and constellations) could have more than one name. I also pointed out right then and there the most basic failing of their work: they all assumed that the Sumerians and other ancient peoples had no way of knowing ("with the naked eye") about planets beyond Saturn. The result was that whenever a planet was named other than the accepted names for the "seven known kakkabani" - Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn - it was assumed to just be yet another name for one of those "known seven". The principal victim of that erroneous stance was Nibiru: whenever it or its Babylonian equivalent "planet Marduk" was listed, it was assumed to be another name for Jupiter or Mars or (in some extreme views) even for Mercury. Incredibly, modern establishment astronomers continue to base their work on that "only seven" assumption - in spite of the vast contrary evidence that shows that the Sumerians knew the true shape and composition of our solar system, starting with the naming of the outer planets in Enuma elish, or the 4,500 year-old depiction of the complete twelve-member solar system, with the sun in the center, on cylinder seal VA/243 in the Berlin Museum, or the depiction of twelve planetary symbols on Assyrian and Babylonian monuments, etc.

In this last book Sitchin ties in what happened to the Anunnaki after they left the middle east. In another post I will outline some of that history.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

CdnSirian (22nd February 2013), Christine (18th February 2013), Gardener (21st February 2013), jagman (18th February 2013), Maunagarjana (20th February 2013), Star Tsar (18th February 2013)

20. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Quote I have long felt the Illuminati, if they exist, live underground, and are not seen by the eyes of man for the most part. Probably a huge contributer to this was my reading of HP Lovecraft's THE MOUND <--"free PDF", which was such an amazing short story, that felt layered with truth on some level. Also syncyhronistically enough I read Robert Anton Wilson's "The Illuminatus Trilogy" that same year.

The Mound is the single best short story I have ever read, and I have read a lot of freaking stories. I have never heard a complaint from anyone I have talked into reading this story.

The Mound was written around 1930, and it blows me away how many correlations I see with this story and George Knapps documentary book "Hunt For The Skinwalker". High strangeness is reported on a secluded NE Utah ranch in Skinwalker and the correlations are incredible. Knapp never comes to a complete conclusian on what he thinks the poltergiest activity, cattle mutilations, cryptozological creature sightings and UFO sightings are, but, for one who has dabbled in the area of underground civilisations, it sounds strinkingly like this ranch was built on top of a ancient subturanean civilisation of sorts, and this is exactly what is stated in HP Lovecraft's THE MOUND.

I can not recommend The Mound enough, and the hyperlink at the top of this post is to a free online posting of the work.
    I also cannot recomend Goerge Knapp's "Hunt for the Skinwalker" enough, or Robert Anton Wilson's "Illuminatis Trilogy" enough.

So, to summarize, I think these folks are still on planet earth, and I have no problem with thinking they are on mars as well, as Bill is stating he heard Henry Deacon state.
    I think the interesting question is where on earth are they, or rather, where under earth are they. And to help answer this question I started this thread here.
    Possible Subterranean Culture Entrances
    Finished reading The Mound. Great story, DNA. Is it true? He had me on the edge of my seat from chapter five on when he began relating the Spaniard's manuscript and account of his time in the underground world. Scary stuff and utterly transfixing. I agree, a very good read - for many reasons. It opens up entirely new angles of thought I'd never considered. It's one thing to consider malevolent cultures far more advanced than ours. It is another thing entirely to have them described as utterly foreign to human conventions and comportment. Could we ever become like that? I shudder to think it so...

As for the subterranean entrances; I was surprised to find one listed not two blocks from where I've been working for the last six months: Toronto, Parliament and Front Streets, between two buildings. Supposedly the sewers there connect to one such complex under Lake Ontario. And I thought I lived in a pretty much boring area where there are no sacred sites or any significant grid/ley lines or any other sort of esoterica. For a moment I entertained the idea of maybe having a go at finding the entrance...na...I'm not very adventuresome in that sort of way.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

CdnSirian (22nd February 2013)

22. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

I'm almost finished reading the last book in the series, End of Days. He has one more point to make and I can't put the book down right now in anticipation of it.

It seems the evidence points to the Anunnaki having left earth entirely, perhaps to go to the moon and Mars, but off our planet at least. For a time it seemed that Yahweh was another of the Anunnaki but it seems that god had other origins. Yahweh supplanted those other gods and pushed them out. Now I wonder what race of beings Yahweh belongs to...

The Anunnaki did continue their influence in the Americas for a time. Thoth/Adad was certainly there as Quezecutal(?) - the serpent god. And Enki brought some people from Africa with him to the Andes that became the Omecs. That is the most likely origin of the Nasca Lines on the high plateaus of Peru.

As for Marduk and his son Nabu who had such influence over the Babylonians, they most certainly grew old, died and were buried in the Arabian Pennisula, as the story goes. Which brings up the question of what happened to their supposed immortality? But I'll leave that question hanging as no answer seems forthcoming in that regard.

More to come...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

24. Link to Post #53
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

The man tells a good Yogi Berra joke. A guy with a good sense of humor can't be all bad.

A Secret Ritual of the Illuminati, or “Frank’s Death-bed” by Jonathan Sellers,
    ...those present include Zecharia Sitchin, Meade Layne, Mr. Sellers, Dr. Greenfield, Aleister Crowley, Mark Probert, Father_ACME, and, lying on the death-bed: Jacob Frank.

Cheers - turiya
    Last edited by turiya; 21st February 2013 at 02:30.

25. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Dear Turiya,
    Thank you for your contribution.

Unfortunately, this is not the topic under discusion here. Although I can accept that Sitchin may have received channeled messages to decipher some of the cuniform writings of the Sumerians, no one is saying that the Sumerians channeled anything. They recounted their history as it happened to them. That's all.

If you do not believe in Sitchin's interpretation, that is your prerogative, and I respect that. Please respect mine as well.
    This thread is about the history of the Anunnaki as physically recorded on ancient texts. It is provable and not subject to derision simply because one authority has a different take on the evidence than another. Sitchin does not mislead, and where there is controversial interpretations he goes to great lengths to make his point clear - as well as cover the others side's opinion on the matter.

Also, he is dead now, and I don't think it is helpful to denegrate his lifetime's body of work. The Anunnaki did indeed exist. They brought civilization to a group of nomads. There is no arguing that.

If you wish to continue sharing please do so without attacking Sitchin's legacy. Instead, maybe you would like to research some of his colleages who took issue with his work, not another channeler refuting channeling.
    Thank you.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

27. Link to Post #55
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

Dear Turiya,
    Thank you for your contribution.

Unfortunately, this is not the topic under discusion here. Although I can accept that Sitchin may have received channeled messages to decipher some of the cuniform writings of the Sumerians, no one is saying that the Sumerians channeled anything. They recounted their history as it happened to them. That's all.

If you do not believe in Sitchin's interpretation, that is your prerogative, and I respect that. Please respect mine as well.
    This thread is about the history of the Anunnaki as physically recorded on ancient texts. It is provable and not subject to derision simply because one authority has a different take on the evidence than another. Sitchin does not mislead, and where there is controversial interpretations he goes to great lengths to make his point clear - as well as cover the others side's opinion on the matter.

Also, he is dead now, and I don't think it is helpful to denegrate his lifetime's body of work. The Anunnaki did indeed exist. They brought civilization to a group of nomads. There is no arguing that.

If you wish to continue sharing please do so without attacking Sitchin's legacy. Instead, maybe you would like to research some of his colleages who took issue with his work, not another channeler refuting channeling.
    Thank you.
    Apologies for the disruption.
    Quote ...no one is saying that the Sumerians channeled anything...
    That includes me. This was not what was said in my original posted message.

There was no intention of attacking Sitchin that was made. That is your perception, imo. Bill Ryan was the one that mentioned the idea that Sitchin received channeled information to help him in the translation of the Sumerian clay tablets.

But Zeharia Sitchin is not the only one that has done research, or (as Bill Ryan points out) has been contacted by aliens that are called the Annunaki.

Perhaps, you should have named this thread differently. In the title of this thread, you ask the question, in so many words - Where have the Annunaki gone to? (i.e. Where are they today?)

Chris Thomas has clearly said in his writings that he respects all of what Zecharia Sitchin was about. He was just unknowingly being used by the Annunaki to implement their own agenda - which is the Velon agenda of trying to take over this planet for themselves.

Chris Thomas has also done research on the subject. In his research, he has found that the Annunaki have been removed from this solar system for a very good reason. Except for a few stragglers, they have been ejected from this planet for violating the basic rules for why this Universe exists, and why we are here on this Earth as human beings:
    (1) to see if physical life is possible while being provided with
    (2) "the freedom of choice".
    The Annunaki (as a sub-race of the alien race called Velon) have violated this basic rule of why we are here on this planet. They have been interfering with the human being's freedom of choice.

So, my posted message is providing information to the basic question that you have proposed in the title of this thread. I didn't mean, or expect, you to be upset about what was posted in this regard. I am not a pundit... nor claim to be an intellectual scholar, nor am I into any established religions of any type. I just started researching Sitchin & found out some things that I thought would be of interest to others... meant no disrespect.

I will post this Chris Thomas information elsewhere:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post639025

Cheers - turiya
    Last edited by turiya; 7th May 2013 at 04:54.

28. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Hi Turiya!

Hey! Not Fair. You edited your last post and made it far longer. lol
    Lucky I stopped by to see where I left off and what to post next.

I am not at all upset, just standing firm about what I believe is a very important topic. I see towards the end I did say "attack". I should have qualified that statement. I've tried posting info on the Sumerians before and have come across this resistance to any mention of Anunnakis as physically documented by this ancient culture. It is like a short circuit intentionally wired into our collective psyches so that we do not look any closer at the facts.

I'm trying to rewire that connection so that it does not follow the circular path into oblivion. Darn, I have to keep such a close eye on my inclination to hold an agenda. They often backfire on me. I honestly was hoping you would bring some other info to the table. I guess I used the wrong set of words.

I'm not a very good researcher or documenter, so please bear with me. Bit sick of the fluffy white cloud and sunshine and flower approach I am so good at, so I'm trying something different. Bill says there are priorities we should be looking at, I agree. This is my attempt to follow his advice. I find that by connecting the dots, there is no use stopping at the human connection - it obviously goes way beyond that, here on this planet. Our masters are not human, and I want to find out what they are. The Anunnaki seemed an obvious place to start because their presence here, at least in the past, is irrefutable thanks to the Sumerians.

I don't want to enter into a 100 page discusion about speculations. What could or might be happening doesn't interest me. I want to follow the trail of hard evidence instead and see where that leads. Then we'll see what can be deduced/deducted using those facts as the basis.

Maybe I'm behind the curve again, that's alright with me. At least I can be comfortable with what I uncover and be confident that those are facts that can serve as my foundation in the search for the truth of our predicament on this crazy planet of half-truths and lies. I've been lied to my whole life, everything I've been taught is suspect. I cannot let that continue. It hurts my soul. But speculation is even worse and serves only to divide us and leave us floundering, unable to decide what to do to change things for the better - if such a thing is even possible.

So I would encourage you to continue contributing to this thread as I believe you want the same thing as I do.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

CdnSirian (22nd February 2013), lookbeyond (22nd February 2013)

30. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

Before I continue with Sitchin's work, I thought it would be interesting to see what the scientific community has to say about the origins of life. I stopped keeping up with science in 1999 so I did not know that the prevailing theory had changed. Seems, as Sitchin cited back in 1986, that science now thinks life was seeded on earth, by an advanced civilization, around 4 billion years ago. The theory is called directed panspermia.

Here is a link to a website that carries the published .paper, co-authored by none other than the famous Sir Francis Crick, founder of the DNA molecule and Nobel Laureate.

http://journalofcosmology.com/Panspermia1.html

The reasoning is a bit convoluted and not without its detractors to this day. The problem is, first and foremost that science really has no idea how life started, or how it could have started all by itself. There is a window of time problem and also a contentious, chicken or egg scenario, about what came first, the virus or the bacterium - although neither can address the real issue of the DNA molecule and its cousin RNA, on which all life is based. The window of time for life to have begun has been narrowed down to about 200 million years, for various reasons, and that is not considered enough time for these complex forms to have spontaneously arose out of inannimate matter.

A long but interesting read.

31. Link to Post #58
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Here is a link to a website that carries the published .paper, co-authored by none other than the famous Sir Francis Crick, founder of the DNA molecule and Nobel Laureate.

http://journalofcosmology.com/Panspermia1.html
    Do you mean this paper, at that link:
    Origins, Evolution, and Distribution of Life in the Cosmos:
    Panspermia, Genetics, Microbes, and
    Viral Visitors From the Stars

Rhawn Joseph, Ph.D. and Rudolf Schild, Ph.D.
    I do not see Sir Francis Crick on the list of authors, nor would I expect to see him authoring a recent paper, as he died in 2004. So perhaps I have the wrong paper?

Or perhaps you refer to this book, written by Francis Crick and published in 1981: Life Itself: Its Origin and Nature
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 23rd February 2013 at 08:55.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

32. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

Paul, The paper was titled Directed Panspermia (Icarus, vol.19).
    It was discussed at length at the 8th Conference on the Origins of Life, held at Bereley, California, in 1986.

And this brings me to the third problem that prompted Crick to make such an audacious claim, namely, that life is too fragile to survive the rigors of space. What this meant is that life could not just float around in space (simple Panspermia theory) until it by chance landed on some habitable planet or moon suitable for life. So if life did not have enough time to get started on earth spontaneously (1) and if life then must have come from elsewhere (2) and if life could not just by chance be floating around in space waiting to find a suitable location (3) then it stood to reason that it was purposely "guided" here by other intelligences.

Here we see the short circuit of rational thought again. What Crick did not consider was that perhaps life piggy-backs on comets or asteroids or planets knocked out of their orbits that can insulate the seeds of life long enough and safely enough to then by chance land on other planets that could then support their further evolution.
    And that is the true mechanism of seeding life throughout the universe. It is not necessary for life to be directed to host planets by a master race, it can find its own way there - back to Panspermia. Panspermia is today's leading theory on how life arrived on planet earth.

The theory states that the seeds of life are floating around the universe and that any chance encounters with even marginally supportive worlds will suffice. Therefore, there should be evidence of life all over our solar system, not only on earth!

All this took place at that Berkely symposium. And that is the real reason scientist began pushing for space probes to visit the other planets in our solar system. First, it was proven beyond a doubt that comets and asteroids could in fact protect these precursors to life and that there were even evidence that there were these "seeds of life" on them (not only the chemical precursors like the twenty-odd amino acids and primitive protein chains but actual cell-like looking things). It turned out that these seeds were far more hardy than at first thought they might be...

And this brings us back to the Sumerian writings and their claim that life was seeded in our solar system by the arrival of the rogue planet Nibiru and its company of moons!

Next up, the genesis of our solar system.
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 23rd February 2013 at 11:09.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Fred Steeves (23rd February 2013)

34. Link to Post #60
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Paul, The paper was titled Directed Panspermia (Icarus, vol.19).
    It was discussed at length at the 8th Conference on the Origins of Life, held at Bereley, California, in 1986.
    Ah - that would be (I suppose) this paper: Directed panspermia (F.H.C. Crick & L.E. Orgel; 1973; Elsevier Inc.)

I found the original paper on line: http://profiles.nlm.nih.gov/ps/retri...etadata/SCBCCP
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

35. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (23rd February 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast