+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What does it mean to put something in God's hands?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Adalwulf's Avatar
    Thanks

Default What does it mean to put something in God's hands?

Am I absolving myself from the situation?
    Is this taking the easy way out by releasing the burden and ultimately accepting whatever fate comes my way....or is it a way of admitting I've done all I can and whatever shall be, shall be....?

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Adalwulf For This Post:

Eram (10th February 2013), greybeard (10th February 2013), johnf (10th February 2013), kreagle (10th February 2013), markpierre (11th February 2013), meeradas (10th February 2013), Rich (10th February 2013), Shadowman (11th February 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (10th February 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

Default Re: What does it mean to put something in God's hands?

For some it means ignoring a situation that they dont know how to deal with or simply dont want to deal with. It can go along with denial, a great and powerful river that leads to total lack of responsibility and ultimately the rule of corruption

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Adalwulf (11th February 2013), Eram (10th February 2013), johnf (10th February 2013), markpierre (11th February 2013), meeradas (10th February 2013), Shadowman (11th February 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Adalwulf's Avatar
    Thanks

That has been my observation as well....

Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)
    For some it means ignoring a situation that they dont know how to deal with or simply dont want to deal with. It can go along with denial, a great and powerful river that leads to total lack of responsibility and ultimately the rule of corruption

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adalwulf For This Post:

Eram (10th February 2013), markpierre (11th February 2013), meeradas (10th February 2013), Shadowman (11th February 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Yep! It's that simple. Do everything that you can do for yourself, and then just "Accept" that everything will work out just fine, (before you actually get results) and it will. When you do everything this way, you are placing it in the hands of your Higher Self, and It "Will" take care of you as You need it. This has worked for me, my entire life. For everything.

I have now learned through OBE, and communion with my HS/Source, that when we "Trust It Fully", It will never fail us.

And, you don't even need to pray to It, just "Know", in your heart that, "whatever", is true, and it is.

We are Powerfull Immortal Spirits, with Source, as our back up!

We have just been taught not to believe in ourselves.

TRUST... in yourself... and ... IT... will never fail YOU.

Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

Adalwulf (11th February 2013), Beren (10th February 2013), ceetee9 (11th February 2013), Eram (10th February 2013), MargueriteBee (12th February 2013), markpierre (11th February 2013), meeradas (10th February 2013), Nickolai (12th February 2013), Reinhard (11th February 2013), Shadowman (11th February 2013), ulli (11th February 2013), varuna (10th February 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

knowing when it's time to duck isn't a bad thing, God gave us all brains for a reason...

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Let me add, that this does not mean, that you can be lackadaisical about anything. YOU... must first put forth the effort... or HS/Source, won't budge.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    knowing when it's time to duck isn't a bad thing, God gave us all brains for a reason...

YEP!!! cccc.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

Adalwulf (11th February 2013), Beren (10th February 2013), ceetee9 (11th February 2013), Gardener (10th February 2013), GCS1103 (11th February 2013), kreagle (10th February 2013), markpierre (11th February 2013), meeradas (10th February 2013), Nickolai (12th February 2013), Reinhard (11th February 2013), Rocky_Shorz (10th February 2013), Shadowman (11th February 2013)

12. Link to Post #7
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

There is great power in humility.
    Those in AA will know the phrase "let go, let God"

Its not an opt out in anyway, it takes courage to let go.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
    Courage to change the things I can
    Wisdom to know the difference.

That kind of sums it up.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

13. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Adalwulf (11th February 2013), Beren (10th February 2013), ceetee9 (11th February 2013), Gardener (10th February 2013), GCS1103 (10th February 2013), kreagle (10th February 2013), markpierre (11th February 2013), meeradas (10th February 2013), Reinhard (11th February 2013), Rocky_Shorz (10th February 2013), Samsara (10th February 2013), Shadowman (11th February 2013), thunder24 (11th February 2013), ulli (11th February 2013), Wind (11th February 2013)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member GCS1103's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 times in 585 posts

For some of us, it means that in the end, although we have "free will", God has the final say over what will become of our lives. We would all like to have control over every situation we encounter, good or bad, but I don't believe we do. So, when we are carrying a particularly heavy burden that's overwhelming us, we need to put that burden in God's hands. He will determine the solution and the outcome. (It works for me).

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GCS1103 For This Post:

Adalwulf (11th February 2013), Axman (12th February 2013), greybeard (10th February 2013), kreagle (10th February 2013), Lettherebelight (10th February 2013), markpierre (11th February 2013), Rocky_Shorz (10th February 2013), Shadowman (11th February 2013), ulli (11th February 2013)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,364 times in 1,115 posts

I found this stuff much clearer when I replaced God with reality.
    So placing something in God's hands takes a little work to do it right.
    Whatever the situation, I have my part in it, and others have their part.
    Also there is the big part of reality called time.
    So along with this is scheduling. What research can i fit in, what actions can I get done.
    The major thrust of this phrase is acceptance. Instead of judgement, blame and anger, we have the choice of doing what we can about things without forcing our viewpoints on others.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

Adalwulf (11th February 2013), Arrowwind (10th February 2013), markpierre (11th February 2013), Shadowman (11th February 2013), ulli (11th February 2013)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member GCS1103's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 times in 585 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)

That kind of sums it up.

Chris
    As always, Chris, perfectly stated.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GCS1103 For This Post:

Adalwulf (11th February 2013), Beren (10th February 2013), greybeard (10th February 2013), kreagle (10th February 2013), markpierre (11th February 2013), Rocky_Shorz (10th February 2013), Shadowman (11th February 2013), ulli (11th February 2013)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by johnf (here)
    So along with this is scheduling. What research can i fit in, what actions can I get done.
    The major thrust of this phrase is acceptance. Instead of judgement, blame and anger, we have the choice of doing what we can about things without forcing our viewpoints on others.
    I'm curious, what do you think you add to a conversation with a blatant slam like this, knowing you don't know is the most important thing you can ever learn...

I was told once, I need air to breath...

I can't see it, can't touch it...

without thinking about or believing in air, we continue with our lives just fine, accomplishing anything we want. Very few have given their lives studying air, people around the world have read books about air, and believe without having to know Air themselves.

but I believe without it, none of us would be here...

now, if you prefer denying air is necessary to survive, that's fine, until the day you really try to live without it, then you suddenly scratch your head, and say, maybe they might have known something I should have listened to as you Gak...
    Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 10th February 2013 at 20:07.

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)

That kind of sums it up.

Chris
    Yes, if that is what people are actually doing but I think that most people are still asleep and use giving it to god as a convient excuses and if you are awake you cannot sleep nor falter for what is right. There seems to be a huge deficit in the wisdom deparment and hence places like Avalon exist so that people can learn if they have not already. When knowledge and wisdom comes denial falls away.

Our primary responsibilty is to awaken and then to act.

Psalms 146:6
    May the praise of god be in their mouths and a double edged sword be in their hands.

""When you make a vow to the LORD your God, you shall not delay to pay it, for it would be sin in you, and the LORD your God will surely require it of you."

Isiah 49:2 He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me. Me made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quvier.

In other words if you commit to truth you maintian the struggle no matter what, for in my estimation we are the living word of god, created in his image, if we choose to live up to it, and it is god that works though us, but not if we turn our face away. Giving up generally is not an option with the Lord.

Same as we expect from Oath Keepers.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Adalwulf (11th February 2013), GCS1103 (11th February 2013), kreagle (10th February 2013), markpierre (11th February 2013), Shadowman (11th February 2013)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

You know you have done all that you can the day you meet your maker. Not a day sooner.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

markpierre (11th February 2013), Shadowman (11th February 2013)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

I'm sorry if this was taken wrong, there was absolutely no negativity in my statement here that I can see. And I was talking about my own experience, not talking about someone else.
    If you really want to resolve an upset perhaps a pm would be more helpful.

Quote Posted by johnf (here)
    I'm curious, what do you think you add to a conversation with a blatant slam like this, knowing you don't know is the most important thing you can ever learn...

I was told once, I need air to breath...

I can't see it, can't touch it...

without thinking about or believing in air, we continue with our lives just fine, accomplishing anything we want. Very few have given their lives studying air, people around the world have read books about air, and believe without having to know Air themselves.

but I believe without it, none of us would be here...

now, if you prefer denying air is necessary to survive, that's fine, until the day you really try to live without it, then you suddenly scratch your head, and say, maybe they might have known something I should have listened to as you Gak...

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

Arrowwind (10th February 2013), kreagle (10th February 2013), markpierre (11th February 2013), Shadowman (11th February 2013), ulli (11th February 2013)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

don't apologize,

your higher self just brought you forward to a bunch who had gathered to talk about air, to let us know you don't...

when our eyes swing towards you, you will not leave, without believing in air...

just a hint, if you don't want people talking to you about air, just keep quiet, and no one will give you attention to change your mind.

we're all family here and free to share our feelings, that is what makes it special, but try to be kind is all I ask...

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

So it sounds like my statement was taken to mean I don't believe in God. I can see now how that might be unclear.
    What I was saying really was that the idea of putting something in God's hands became clearer to me once I understood God as what is in the larger sense of that phrase.
    Problems with the idea of God seem to come mostly from placing a person or person's in the place of what is actually showing up in front of one.
    And often thoughts of God get confused with experiences of an overbearing authority of some sort, and times when others haved insisted on playing God, and equating themselves with god.
    Your talk about air only makes sense if I assume you took my statement as a disbelief in God as opposed to an attempt to talk about how I see and think about God.
    It is the same thing as inquiring who am I .
    Whenever an object, thought or emotion comes up, I can inspect it and see it is not me, I have done a lot of that with the concept of God.
    It is a tough subject to discuss without strong emotions coming up that can really be dealt with only in conversations, especially on the internet.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

kreagle (11th February 2013), markpierre (11th February 2013), Rocky_Shorz (10th February 2013), Shadowman (11th February 2013), ulli (11th February 2013)

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

when I've driven off cliffs though a mountain pass, the only words that crossed my lips were "Oh God" and the car blew back onto the road...

I'm glad you shared, because 99% of all of us see and believe as you do.

I don't believe he is sitting there with 7 Billion puppet strings controlling every action we take in life, but he's there when we get into real trouble, that's when I put it in God's hands for help...

"without forcing our viewpoints on others."

many times I see one little phrase in what someone is sharing, that stands out stronger than anything else they have written. I reply back in a way to get them to open up and share further, knowing what they wrote needs a little further clarification.

Some believe words on a screen mean nothing in a forum, and aren't the best way to communicate, but when you reach a level where your Spirit is communicating outside of the words on a page with another, much that is hidden to you becomes a moment of reflection.
    Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 10th February 2013 at 21:18.

31. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

when I've driven off cliffs though a mountain pass, the only words that crossed my lips were "Oh God" and the car blew back onto the road...

I'm glad you shared, because 99% of all of us see and believe as you do.

I don't believe he is sitting there with 7 Billion puppet strings controling every action we take in life, but he's there when we get into real trouble, that's when I put it in God's hands for help...
    I have been called difficult to understand so I geuss this is another example.
    The putting things in Gods hands experiment has left me with the prospect that the more I observe without carrying my preconceptions and unresolved emotions into my present experience, the more I will see and the better decisions I will make.
    No matter how I try I still have a big personality that follows me into situations, and that seems to be the hardest thing to see through.
    So again that is the big responsibility that goes along with acceptance for me.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

GCS1103 (11th February 2013), kreagle (10th February 2013), markpierre (11th February 2013), Rocky_Shorz (10th February 2013), Shadowman (11th February 2013)

33. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member kreagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,513 times in 551 posts

Quote Posted by Adalwulf (here)
    Am I absolving myself from the situation?
    Is this taking the easy way out by releasing the burden and ultimately accepting whatever fate comes my way....or is it a way of admitting I've done all I can and whatever shall be, shall be....?

Adalwulf,

In reference to your overall question, I agree with the sentiment of many others, here, along the lines of what you are suggesting in 'doing all I can do,....first', before resigning yourself to 'putting the situation in God's Hands'. I think it's equally important for the 'seeker' to also have addressed the situation with their Pastor,...spiritual mentor, etc. In doing this, one might just find a 'spiritual angle/solution' to their dilemma that they, themselves, didn't think of, that they could, now, equally employ with victorious results. This type of 'wise council' goes along with the Scriptures suggestion to attend Church on a regular basis,....so that you CAN have access to this type of insight when you need it.

Quote James 2:20 (KJV)

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
    Upon conclusion of 'your best efforts',( 'works' employed),....and....'council from your Pastor/Spiritual Mentor, etc.',....you still don't have your answer/solution,....then you can confidently 'place it in the Hands of God', my dear friends. It's then, ( and then, 'only'), that you have truly 'done all you can do,.....and.....it's now God's turn to handle your situation.' Faith 'kicks in, here',.....and literally activates the abilities of our 'unlimited God!'

johnf,

Quote I found this stuff much clearer when I replaced God with reality.

I believe your opening statement, here, is what set our dear friend, Rocky_Shorz, off to begin with. I understand his frustration, ( from a 'believer's standpoint') but I am also willing to 'cut you some slack', my dear friend. I have learned to 'expect this type of mentality' from those who have yet to 'go down the same spiritual roads', ( ie. being 'Born Again'), that I have. Whether you fully realize it, johnf, or not,....your statement not only 'ties the Hands of God', in relationship to Him helping out with the problem,.....it, in reality, 'removes His Hands, altogether',......and 'eliminates Him completely from the picture!'

God can easily 'handle the things in life that we can't' He still cares today!!!

Quote 1 Peter 5:7 (KJV)

7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Your brother, friend, and servant,.......kreagle
    ***Death***************Burial***************Resurrection***

Quote 1 John 2:6 (KJV)

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

( Obedience to Acts 2:38 enables us to 'spiritually' walk down our own personal pathway to Calvary with our own personal Cross!)

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Adalwulf (11th February 2013), GCS1103 (11th February 2013), johnf (11th February 2013), markpierre (11th February 2013), Rocky_Shorz (10th February 2013), Shadowman (11th February 2013)

35. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

I had him at air...

John, went silent, because I just shared something more important than what he already knew, when he started replying to my last comment, he was typing from my words he saw, I showed him how our Spirits were communicating, by adding what he was putting into words, 8 minutes before he posted...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast