+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast

Thread: The Russian Chelyabinsk Meteor of Feb 2013

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,488 times in 2,183 posts

Default Re: The Russian Chelyabinsk Meteor of Feb 2013

I found this fellow's blog...he's trying to figure it all out...

Quote My heart was pounding watching those. I have to admit, at first I was thinking this was an elaborate hoax, but the reports are coming in from everywhere. The videos show it at many different angles.

There are jaw-dropping photos posted here. [UPDATE: Stunning photos of the trail left by the meteor are posted at Chelyabinsk.ru.]

I’m trying to piece together what happened from the videos. First of all, I do not think this is related in any way to the asteroid 2102 DA14! For one thing, this occurred about 16 hours before DA14 passes. At 8 kilometers per second that’s nearly half a million kilometers away from DA14. That puts it on a totally different orbit.

For another, from the lighting, time of day, and videos showing the rising Sun, it looks like this was moving mostly east-to-west. I may be off, but that’s how it looks. DA14 is approaching Earth from the south, so any fragment of that rock would also appear to move south-to-north.

So again, I think this is unrelated to 2012 DA14. But wow, what a huge coincidence!

I don’t know how big the meteoroid (the solid part) of this was. The information is too scattered; we’d need the position of the people who took the videos to triangulate and see how far up the debris trail is, for example. I’ll note that people were taking video of the trail for some time before the explosion is heard, which is consistent with it being the shock wave from the passage of the meteoroid through our atmosphere high above the ground. I know a lot of folks will think that’s the sound from the explosion due to impact, but it’s more likely to be the sonic boom from something big moving at multiple times the speed of sound through the air.

As far as impact goes, the most likely scenario is that this broke up many kilometers above the ground, and may rain down chunks. Many large meteors do this, with meteorites (the pieces that fall to the ground) found downrange. Once the fall is found, we’ll be able to get a better idea of how big this thing was, and of course what it was made of (rock, metal, a mix of both). I’m trying to track down reliable reports of actual impacts.

The train (the term used for a meteor trail) is interesting indeed. It appears to split, so I’m guessing the main mass split there. That’s not surprising; it’s happened with previous falls (like Sikhote-Alin). That means they could have disintegrated at different times, so there may be multiple places where pieces could fall.

For now, that’s all I have. I’ll update this post as I hear more.
    Hopefully he will... so we can ponder over it, too.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astro...er_russia.html

Must see videos and photo links:

http://zyalt.livejournal.com/722930.html

http://chelyabinsk.ru/text/news/621775.html
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

bennycog (15th February 2013), Eram (15th February 2013), genevieve (18th February 2013), Hervé (15th February 2013), panopticon (15th February 2013), selinam (15th February 2013), tessie999 (15th February 2013)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,364 times in 335 posts

The smoke trail or whatever it was did not seem to be above even 10;000 feet

I would think several hundred feet

well that was some kind of metiorite

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gigha For This Post:

Eram (15th February 2013), Referee (15th February 2013)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Oh before i go night night

look at the damage

i would suggest

think Dr Judy Wood

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gigha For This Post:

MorningSong (15th February 2013)

7. Link to Post #24
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

RT is reporting that three impact sites have been found by the Russian military, the largest being a 6 metre crater near Chebarku.

Also:
    Quote the meteorite was intercepted by an air defense unit at the Urzhumka settlement near Chelyabinsk. A missile salvo blew the meteorite to pieces at an altitude of 20 kilometers, local newspaper Znak reports quoting a source in the military.
    Quote Russian space agency Roskosmos has confirmed the object that crashed in the Chelyabinsk region is a meteorite: “According to preliminary estimates, this space object is of non-technogenic origin and qualifies as a meteorite. It was moving at a low trajectory with a speed of about 30 km/s.”
    According to estimates by the Russian Academy of Sciences, the space object weighed about 10 tons before entering Earth’s atmosphere.
    Source.

BTW, something feels a bit off with this story.
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

Aurvandil (15th February 2013), bennycog (15th February 2013), Eram (15th February 2013), gigha (15th February 2013), Holly Lindin (16th February 2013), Keltikmuse (15th February 2013), MorningSong (15th February 2013), Referee (15th February 2013), Samsara (15th February 2013), seko (15th February 2013), watchZEITGEISTnow (15th February 2013)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

U F O

When we see what is

then we will understand

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gigha For This Post:

Holly Lindin (16th February 2013), Keltikmuse (15th February 2013)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

I don't know what to make of this from RT because it's already been reported that there was no evidence of radiation:

Quote 12:01 GMT: The site where the meteorite is believed to have fallen has been closed off by military units wearing special protective suits.
    Source.
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

Aurvandil (15th February 2013), gigha (15th February 2013), MorningSong (15th February 2013)

13. Link to Post #27
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21468116:

15 February 2013 Last updated at 06:46 ET
    Share this page

Meteor strike injures hundreds in central Russia

The BBC's Daniel Sandford says people described a ball of fire in the sky

A meteor crashing in Russia's Ural mountains has injured at least 500 people, as the shockwave blew out windows and rocked buildings.

Most of those hurt suffered minor cuts and bruises but some received head injuries, Russian officials report.

A fireball was seen streaking through the clear morning sky above the city of Yekaterinburg, followed by loud bangs.

A large meteor fragment landed in a lake near Chebarkul, a town in the neighbouring Chelyabinsk region.

Much of the impact was felt in the city of Chelyabinsk, some 200km (125 miles) south of Yekaterinburg.

It suddenly became as bright as if it was day” Viktor Prokofiev Yekaterinburg resident

"It was quite extraordinary," Chelyabinsk resident Polina Zolotarevskaya told BBC News. "We saw a very bright light and then there was a kind of a track, white and yellow in the sky."

"The explosion was so strong that some windows in our building and in the buildings that are across the road and in the city in general, the windows broke."

Officials say a large meteor partially burned up in the lower atmosphere, resulting in fragments falling earthwards.

Thousands of rescue workers have been dispatched to the area to provide help to the injured, the emergencies ministry said.

The Chelyabinsk region, about 1,500km (930 miles) east of Moscow, is home to many factories, a nuclear power plant and the Mayak atomic waste storage and treatment centre.

'Blinding'
    Of 514 people injured in the Chelyabinsk region, 11 were being treated in hospital, the regional emergencies agency said in a statement.

Among those affected by the meteor were children, in school when it fell at around 09:20 (03:20 GMT).

Video posted online showed frightened, screaming youngsters at one Chelyabinsk school, where corridors were littered with broken glass.

Chelyabinsk resident Sergei Serskov told BBC News the city had felt like a "war zone" for 20 to 30 minutes.

"I was in the office when suddenly I saw a really bright flash in the window in front of me," he said.

"Then I smelt fumes. I looked out the window and saw a huge line of smoke, like you get from a plane but many times bigger."

"A few minutes later the window suddenly came open and there was a huge explosion, followed by lots of little explosions."

In Yekaterinburg, 36-year-old resident Viktor Prokofiev was driving to work when he witnessed the event.

"It was quite dark, but it suddenly became as bright as if it was day," he was quoted by Reuters as saying.

"I felt like I was blinded by headlights."

Debris also reportedly fell on the west Siberian region of Tyumen.

The governor of Chelyabinsk region, Mikhail Yurevich, reported that the meteor had landed in a lake 1km outside Chebarkul, which has a population of 46,000.

A Russian army spokesman said a crater six metres (yards) wide had been found on the shore of the lake.

Asteroid coincidence

The Russian Academy of Sciences estimates that the meteor weighed about 10 tonnes and entered the Earth's atmosphere at a speed of at least 54,000 km/h (33,000mph).

It would have shattered about 30-50km (18-32 miles) above ground, with most of the meteor burning up.

Scientists have played down suggestions that there is any link between the event in the Urals and 2012 DA14, an asteroid expected to race past the Earth on Friday at a distance of just 27,700km (17,200 miles) - the closest ever predicted for an object of that size.

Prof Alan Fitzsimmons, of the Astrophysics Research Centre at Queen's University Belfast, said there was "almost definitely" no connection.

"One reason is that 2012 DA14 is approaching Earth from the south, and this object hit in the northern hemisphere," he told BBC News.

"This is literally a cosmic coincidence, although a spectacular one."

Such meteor strikes are rare in Russia but one is thought to have devastated an area of more than 2,000 sq km (1,250m) in Siberia in 1908.

Are you in central Russia? Did you see the meteor shower? Send us your experiences using the form below.

Send your pictures and videos to yourpics@bbc.co.uk or text them to 61124 (UK) or +44 7624 800 100 (International). If you have a large file you can upload here.

Asteroids, meteors and meteorites

• Asteroids are small bodies that orbit the Sun as the Earth does
    • Larger asteroids are called planetoids or minor planets, smaller ones often called meteoroids
    • Once any of these enters our planet's atmosphere, it becomes a meteor
    • Many meteors break into pieces or burn up entirely as they speed through the atmosphere
    • Once meteors or fragments actually impact the surface, they become meteorites
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Calz (15th February 2013), Daughter of Time (18th February 2013), Eram (15th February 2013), gigha (15th February 2013), MorningSong (15th February 2013), panopticon (15th February 2013), seko (15th February 2013)

15. Link to Post #28
    Germany Avalon Member The Truth Is In There's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 times in 726 posts

"A fiery dragon will cross the sky
    Six times before the earth shall die.
    Mankind will tremble and frightened be
    For the six heralds in this prophecy."
    (Mother Shipton)

that was number one.
    Among the blind the one-eyed is a madman.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Truth Is In There For This Post:

Eram (15th February 2013), KiwiElf (17th February 2013), MorningSong (15th February 2013)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Now there is official denial that the meteor was fired on by the Russian military, "no aircraft was in the air", however I read the report to mean it came from ground based missiles.

Quote 12:24 GMT: The military had nothing to do with the aerial meteorite explosion, the Urals Emergency Ministry said: "Russia's defense ministry took no action connected to the incident. No aircrafts has been registered in the air at the given period of time." Earlier, there were unconfirmed reports that the military had shot down the falling meteorite, shattering it into pieces.
    Source.

Why are there military units in 'special protective suits' near the impact crater?
    Curiouser and curiouser.

Reported by RT to be an image of crater:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDJN5yvCIAAByu0.jpg

Those guys don't seem to be wearing any protective suits.
    Hmmmm.
    Last edited by panopticon; 15th February 2013 at 12:50.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

Eram (15th February 2013), gigha (15th February 2013), Hervé (15th February 2013), selinam (15th February 2013), watchZEITGEISTnow (15th February 2013)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keltikmuse For This Post:

Eram (15th February 2013), MorningSong (15th February 2013), panopticon (15th February 2013)

21. Link to Post #31
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

First the trail:

Then the "KABOUM"

...with broken glass

... sounds

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Calz (15th February 2013), Daughter of Time (18th February 2013), Eram (15th February 2013), gigha (15th February 2013), Holly Lindin (16th February 2013), MorningSong (15th February 2013), Rich (15th February 2013), RMorgan (15th February 2013), seko (15th February 2013), Timewaster (15th February 2013)

23. Link to Post #32
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Apologies for the bad pun but...

What a blast!

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Calz (15th February 2013), Daughter of Time (18th February 2013), Eram (15th February 2013), gigha (15th February 2013), Keltikmuse (15th February 2013), Rich (15th February 2013), Tesseract (15th February 2013)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

I think this vid is a hoax, EWO!

From the link to the blog in my first post on this thread:

Quote Note also lots of hoaxes are turning up, like a video of a flaming crater that's actually a flaming pit in Turlmenistan that's been burning for decades (called "The Door to Hell"). Be cautious and be skeptical.
    Edit: Oh...guess you figured that out..

26. The Following User Says Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

Eram (15th February 2013)

27. Link to Post #34
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 times in 800 posts

Didn't a remote viewer state that before a solar flare, there would be 2 events. the first was Korean nukes and the 2nd was an object falling from the sky. I cant remember his name...

28. Link to Post #35
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 times in 800 posts

I want to see the crater.

29. Link to Post #36
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,119 times in 2,959 posts

Vladimir Zhirinovsky, Russian politician and colonel, known for his brazen contentiousness, came out with the statement that this was actually an American weapon. The story is getting picked up quickly.

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (15th February 2013), bennycog (15th February 2013), Calz (15th February 2013), cheez_2806 (15th February 2013), Eram (15th February 2013), Gemeos (15th February 2013), gigha (15th February 2013), Holly Lindin (16th February 2013), MorningSong (15th February 2013), RMorgan (15th February 2013), Star Tsar (15th February 2013), watchZEITGEISTnow (15th February 2013), Wind (15th February 2013)

31. Link to Post #37
    Australia Avalon Member cheez_2806's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by K.W.B (here)
    Did you guys hear in that news report that region was a top secret NUCLEAR facility?!?!?!

Some say its The most contaminated spot on the planet...

http://www.wentz.net/radiate/cheyla/cheldis.html

Very Interesting!
    The distance from the Nuclear facility and the three sites of impact all are 150km+....

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cheez_2806 For This Post:

Ellisa (15th February 2013), Eram (15th February 2013), RMorgan (15th February 2013), seko (15th February 2013), Star Tsar (15th February 2013)

33. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Regarding fragments, craters, etc.:

Quote Officials are trying to determine where the fragments have landed.

The Chelyabinsk governor said one had fallen in a lake in his region, while others have been reported in the Tyumen, Kurgan and Sverdlovsk regions as well. Police said an eight-meter wide crater had been discovered near the Chelyabinsk lake. Radiation levels around the crater were reported to be normal.

Emergency officials in west Kazakhstan said they were searching for two unidentified objects that fell in the country's Aktobe region.
    http://en.rian.ru/russia/20130215/17...azakhstan.html

34. The Following User Says Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

Eram (15th February 2013)

35. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by christian (here)
    Vladimir Zhirinovsky, Russian politician and colonel, known for his brazen contentiousness, came out with the statement that this was actually an American weapon. The story is getting picked up quickly.
    Couple things here. This *might* not be quite as crazy as it sounds.

1) Reminder from 1974:

Werner Von Braun’s Predictions

The pioneer rocket scientist laying on his death bed confided in Dr. Carol Rosin his fears about the weaponization of space. He identified the scare tactics that would convince the public to accept that space-based weapons need to be built.

He made this prediction in the early 70's what these artificial threats would consist of:

1. Russians / Communists
    2. Terrorists
    3. Third-world Country "Crazies" / Axis of Evil / Nations of Concern
    4. Asteroids
    5. Aliens (extraterrestrials)

2) Fairly certain Joseph Farrell brought out the possible usage of steering asteroids into planets as weapons. Must have been in one of his books about past ET technology. I did find this recent post from him.

A SECRET SPACE WAR?
    February 3, 2013 By Joseph P. Farrell

Well, things seem to come in waves… I woke up this morning (Saturday Feb 2) fully intent upon finishing this week’s coming blogs, and discovered that my computer was totally fried. So please bear with me until I can get this sorted out.

In any case, I ran across this article and several of you also emailed it to me, and given that Covert Wars and Breakaway Civilizations just came out, I have to comment on it.

Secret Space War: America’s Former Nazi Scientists Dream of Ruling the World

The first thing to note here is precisely that this is a Russian analysis. With that in mind, the first thing to observe is that the Russians appear to have picked up on, and are elaborating on the meme of a secret space program that is so much a component of alternative research speculation, including my own. Indeed, as the article makes clear, viewed from the standpoint of history, the American operation paperclip was a secret space program project, albeit one designed to bring the OPEN Nazi program to this country: the missile scientists and engineers, the aircraft, and Germany’s best aerodynamicists and aircraft engineers.

But the paragraphs that grabbed my attention were these:

Quote Gagnon: Well, indeed the United States likes to believe that it owns space, and particularly the Space Command, who on their headquarters building in Colorado Springs, just above the doorway they have their logo that reads “Master of Space”. So, I think that it is quite evident that the Space Command does indeed view space as US territory that must be controlled because they clearly understand that all warfare on the earth today is coordinated by space technology and that whoever essentially controls space will control the planet below, in this case on behalf I believe of corporate globalization. And so the Space Command in our thinking has become the military arm of corporate globalization.

And so today the US is developing a whole host of technologies to allow it to fight war from space, through space and in space, controlling not only the Earth but also the pathway on and off the planet Earth, the pathway to other planetary bodies as resources are discovered on other planets: magnesium, cobalt, uranium, gold, water etc.

In a congressional study done back in the 1980s, the Congress gave the Pentagon the mandate to develop the technologies to control the pathway on and off the planet Earth. So, the Space Command sees its role in a very-very robust kind of way.
    In Covert Wars and Breakaway Civilizations I suggested that one of the hidden messages in the Kennedy Bearer Bonds saga was the suggestion that space, or rather, what might be found in it, was collateralized on future exploration and commercial development, to fund the covert development of a vast space capability and new technologies of war. Now, the Russians have picked up on this idea and are indeed suggesting strongly in these paragraphs that they know of this capability, and are even suggesting or hinting that part of this capability includes the militarization of the Moon.

As we have pointed out here previously, this is the Middle Ages replayed: a vast international oligarchy, with secretive ways and methods, forms a nucleus of an international financial fraternity, and develops its own fleet, and uses much of that fleet in secret to explore the New World long before its official discovery.

Now this pattern appears to be definitely repeated: hidden finance and vast funds represented in it, a space connection, allegations of secret space fleets and technologies and capabilities (thank you Gary McKinnon), and now talk, more and more openly, of mining asteroids and the commercial exploitation of space. Indeed, the Russians are hinting – again subtly and quietly – that maybe some sort of trade has already begun, and some sort of clashes on the new high seas of space.

But there is a final and very sobering point to the article: if congress mandated the US Military to control the way on and off this planet, then this means that the US fully intendeds to monopolize whatever commerce as might developm and to monopolize the high ground for its military as well. This is, of course, unipolarity boldly going where no one has gone before…

… So we may fully expect responses, and part of the response will be increasing exposure by foreign powers of the details of that program… This article may be just the opening shot in an increasing effort by the world’s other space powers – Russia, China, France, Germany, India – to expose what has been going on. It will – if my speculation is correct – be only a suggestive trickle at first, with the usual misdirections or hyperbole from the usual sources. But that trickle will gradually increase.

See you on the flip side.

Read more: A SECRET SPACE WAR?
    - Giza Death Star Community

http://gizadeathstar.com/2013/02/a-secret-space-war/
    Last edited by Calz; 15th February 2013 at 14:18.

36. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

161803398 (17th February 2013), 778 neighbour of some guy (15th February 2013), christian (15th February 2013), Cidersomerset (15th February 2013), Eram (15th February 2013), fifi (16th February 2013), Gardener (16th February 2013), gigha (15th February 2013), Hervé (15th February 2013), Holly Lindin (16th February 2013), PurpleLama (15th February 2013), seko (15th February 2013), selinam (15th February 2013), shadowstalker (15th February 2013), Star Tsar (15th February 2013), ulli (15th February 2013)

37. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Skyfall?

That looked amazing, but I feel sorry for all of those people who got hurt by this. My prayers & thoughts go to them.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

aranuk (15th February 2013), Calz (15th February 2013), Ellisa (15th February 2013), Eram (15th February 2013), Gardener (16th February 2013), Holly Lindin (16th February 2013), RMorgan (15th February 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast