Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Testosterone levels

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member baddbob's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,716 times in 388 posts

Default Re: Testosterone levels

Quote Posted by Camilo (here)
    There is a nice product called Androgel 1% (testosterone gel), which you rub on your shoulders in the mornings. It has virtually no side effects and it work great.
    I had a few friends here in my town that also suggest Androgel .
    Ok the jokes over bring back the constitution

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baddbob For This Post:

Eram (15th March 2013), WhiteFeather (2nd March 2013)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,159 times in 1,454 posts

Mercola also offers some disinformation......like his take on distilled water for instance.....something that may be of use to you baddbob and many others for various other reasons......
    Last edited by Earth Angel; 2nd March 2013 at 23:01.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

baddbob (2nd March 2013), Eram (15th March 2013), Ontarioguy (3rd March 2013), WhiteFeather (2nd March 2013)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,970 times in 5,651 posts

I thought this was a good read here. Have a gander.

http://www.naturalhealingnews.com/te.../#.UTKGjx0tH7g

Hormone replacement therapy, specifically testosterone, may help a man feel like he is in his 20s again — a time when building muscle was almost easy, nothing could depress or bring him down, and getting an erection took little to no effort. However, many men over age 35 have a different outlook on life as they have started to notice what it feels like to get older.

Male aging happens, in part, because hormone production begins to decrease around age 30. Surprisingly, getting and maintaining an erection starts to become a struggle and unexplained fatigue soon sets in. Because hormone replacement therapy (HRT) can reverse many signs of aging, men are flocking to doctors to sign up for testosterone.

While HRT has been ruled safe and is approved by the FDA for certain individuals, it still has many risks, which are often downplayed or even skipped during a doctor’s visit. In the hurry to begin treatment, many patients are rushed through the process, which can be disastrous. Certain precautions can save time, energy, money and more.

An increasing number of physicians are beginning to offer this long-term program, but some are rushing into the field, lacking expertise. One of the patient obligations while on testosterone is to have repeat blood tests throughout the course of treatment. This testing often is not strictly complied with by the patient or doctor in an attempt to hasten the program and/or to save on costs.

Testing may rule out factors that can make testosterone potentially unhealthy to an unqualified participant. Specific blood draws are essential before starting any HRT, and patients should be on the lookout for and avoid a doctor who does not ask for a comprehensive blood work-up. Some patients try to get by with the bare minimum or less, and while some accommodating physicians are fine with this, testing is by far in the patient’s best interest.

Testing during treatment can alert a physician if testosterone is converting into estradiol. Conversion can occur from inaccurate or unmonitored prescribed dosages. Elevated levels of estradiol, something that is more common in overweight men, can produce unwanted symptoms, like breast pain and a low emotional threshold. More serious conditions like atherosclerosis or hardening of the arteries can develop from higher than normal levels of estradiol.

Testing throughout treatment can account for a decrease or increase in the strength of the hormone so that appropriate levels are maintained. Other symptoms, such as unwanted hair growth and testicle shrinkage, are associated with high levels of testosterone. Another side effect of improperly prescribed testosterone can be reddening of the face and thickening of the skin — something that can be very embarrassing, but avoidable with the right treatment.

The numerous ways to administer testosterone can be confusing to a doctor new to the field. Pellets that are inserted beneath the skin sound convenient, but pellets come in specific strengths, thus not allowing for a total customization of treatment. If an over-eager or untrained physician prescribes too much and negative side effects are experienced, the pellets may need to be surgically removed, which can be painful and inconvenient.

Oral replacement also sounds easy, but most of the testosterone is metabolized by the liver on its way out of the intestine, resulting in low blood levels and a higher risk of liver function abnormalities. An injectable form bypasses the liver and achieves very good blood levels, but this method requires frequent injections, typically every one to three weeks.

Compounded creams or gels are gaining in popularity with experienced physicians, as precise hormones are made in a pharmacy for one specific individual at a time. Creams, which are fairly inexpensive, are simple to use, travel well and produce great results. Few men report skin irritations related to using creams.

Another danger arises when a patient buys testosterone on his own, via the Internet. As with other drugs found online, getting them can be relatively easy, but it can also be extremely dangerous. Patients absolutely need to be monitored while on any HRT, and doing it by yourself is never recommended or approved. HRT can be an expensive, long-term treatment. Thus, patients need a physician who is willing to be up-front and explain all the benefits, alternatives and risks, including the financial obligations involved with starting a program.

Almost all male patients who are on a healthy testosterone replacement program will state, although anonymously if possible, that the expense is well worth it, since being able to “connect” with their partners again is priceless.

Testosterone replacement in men provides many benefits, including improved energy, strength and libido. Preservation of bone mass and muscle mass are also reported. The downside risks appear to be very modest and may include weight gain, sleep apnea and an increased red blood cell count (testing will monitor red blood cells).

There is also some concern about long-term effects on the prostate, including an acceleration of a benign enlargement or an increased risk of prostate cancer. Studies to date indicate that prostate-related risks do not appear to be of great concern, although long-term monitoring should continue.

The right physician for the right patient can make all the difference in getting the most out of life. The typical 40-year-old man does not have to feel the negative effects of aging, but it does take someone who completely understands the field to make a positive difference.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

baddbob (3rd March 2013), Eram (15th March 2013), greybeard (3rd March 2013), Ontarioguy (3rd March 2013)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member baddbob's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,716 times in 388 posts

Thank you all for your help I got a lot of great information to go through.Im really hoping its due to stress as ive been under quite a bit this winter.
    Ok the jokes over bring back the constitution

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baddbob For This Post:

Eram (15th March 2013), greybeard (3rd March 2013)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

i got two words for ya

VAN HALEN!
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
    — Dr. Seuss

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

baddbob (3rd March 2013), Eram (15th March 2013)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,739 times in 1,371 posts

Many many things you can do to assist yourself. Plenty of info online about herbs which can increase your libido. Try not to get hooked onto the idea of it just being about testosterone though, this is ONE aspect but is not the whole picture.

Chinese Medicine sees things in terms of balance - an erection requires yang energy; ejaculation uses (a lot of) yin energy. At our stage of life, both are on the wane, so I'd suggest quality over quantity as a guiding principle; I doubt that your partner would disagree !!!!!! Make sure that you reserve quality time for love-making, make it a celebration, a sacred act, and make sure you also have good quality receovery time afterwards. Consider avoiding sex in the morning during the winter months, as you will expend your yang energy when you most need it. It's also not too late to look into methods of seminal retention and energetic circulation (see Mantak Chia's work).

I've just gone 82 days without ejaculation and it did me the world of good, I became much more aware of the flow of Qi around my body, and my general energy levels, not to mention state of mind have been a lot better too.

It's also important to remember that you're not broken, but there's nothing wrong with being concerned about the changes you've felt in your body. I'm sure your partner understands, and together you can discuss the best way to keep this part of you relationship happy, healthy and very enjoyable. Good luck !!!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosquito For This Post:

baddbob (3rd March 2013), Eram (15th March 2013), greybeard (14th March 2013), HORIZONS (14th March 2013)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member TOTHE's Avatar
    Thanks

As a Viet-Nam era Veteran I am eligible to get drugs if I need them through the VA. When I qualified for Medicare I needed a Primary Care Physician or an option of the part C or D prescription plan. Rather than go through all the hassle of looking for a private practice physician and “advantage plans’’ I looked to the VA to provide all the service plus all the required pre-screening you need. Currently my health is very good for my age and I only have 3 prescriptions with them: a Calcium – Magnesium – Vitamin D3 supplement for age related bone loss & replacement, liquid tears for my nighttime dry eyes and “AndroGel” 1.62% for age related low testosterone. Of course I had to have VA blood tests to find the low Vitamin D serum level and the testosterone level. My cholesterol is high normal and blood pressure is always somewhere below 120 after all this. The only problem with my Red Team Doctor is that she is always on my case to quit smoking.........hell, 79% lung capacity is good, IMO.
    Last edited by TOTHE; 3rd March 2013 at 04:13. Reason: added "Red Team"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TOTHE For This Post:

Eram (15th March 2013)

15. Link to Post #28
    Germany Avalon Member The Truth Is In There's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 times in 726 posts

high intensity training and high intensity interval training boost testosterone and growth hormone levels naturally. it's the best, safest and most healthy way.

hormone replacement therapy is an easy fix and damaging in the long run. it's very expensive and the body has no means to fully regulate excess hormone levels so it shuts down its own production of these hormones as a last resort (like with serotonin reuptake inhibitors - happy pills that make you want to die after you stop taking them. similar principle). a lot of body builders have damaged their health with testosterone injections and those who took growth hormone to look younger only did so as long as they injected the hormones regularly. once they stopped the aging process returned with a vengeance and after a few weeks (!) they looked years older than when they started.

read the info mercola provides, especially the sprint 8 program, he's spot on! also doug mcguff's book "body by science" is excellent.
    Among the blind the one-eyed is a madman.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Truth Is In There For This Post:

Eram (15th March 2013), wegge (21st March 2013)

17. Link to Post #29
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

Quote Posted by baddbob (here)
    Thank you for your interest in my 20 year relationdhip with my wife.My post isn't about my relationship with her its about a supplement for my testosterone if its low. I have had 4 heart attacks and have 9 coronary stents in my heart and have had a aorto-fem bypass so yes Iam plugged up lol.

Badbob . . . . you are 53, have had 4 heart attacks, a by-pass and 9 coronary stints inserted and you are wondering why your testosterone is low?

The last thing you should be asking about is your testosterone.

If you have had 4 heart attacks, a by-pass and 9 stints then this tells me you are on a large cocktail of several different pharmaceutical drugs . . . blood thinners, statin drugs (cholesterol), blood pressure meds and then even more drugs to try address the side effects.

. . . . .and you want to increase your testosterone? How about thinking about the more serious issues with your health first?

Just a thought and an observation.

18. Link to Post #30
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

look into dhea its natrually occuring precursor to testosterone and it works, you feel it not long after you take it and you dont get the side effects like hormone replacement therapy. hope this info helps ya.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to taotetim For This Post:

Eram (15th March 2013)

20. Link to Post #31
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,961 times in 900 posts

try: 'herb robert'
    a weed that is growing everywhere...
    I found it causing extra 'horn' amongst all the other benefits....

21. The Following User Says Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Eram (15th March 2013)

22. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member Sith73's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 times in 243 posts

Since I started Radiation Hormesis several months ago, I have noticed that I'm more active than normal. I do Radiation Hormesis everyday. I can tell you before I started my daily routine I was not as active. These are just my observations. I have also used Horny Goat Weed in the past and that can help as well.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sith73 For This Post:

Eram (15th March 2013)

24. Link to Post #33
    Mexico Deactivated
    Thanks

This is not a really serious answer but it is related to one of my researches, one of the evidences of the holographic universe is the current theme of acupuncture in feet, hand, face, teeth and stuff. I have foun that walnuts are good for the brain, and the kidney beans are good for the kidney, i also found that avocato is good for men (maybe also good for women) in incresing the production of sexual hormones

25. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Do it Bob. See a holistic type MD who will prescribe a natural form of T. I take it regulary and WOW, the libido will soar. I promise. This is simply an ancilliary effect, as the main reason was to maintain muscle mass and physical integrity. There are other benefits as well. The sex and urges are secondary, and simply bonuses.

I read incessantly about health and nutrition. You'll be hard pressed to find any real danger in taking natural testosterone. Just monitor the levels periodically. More is not better!

For me the libido issue is bothersome. I'm single and have been celebate for 10 years. I'm driven to express my desires, yet supress them for varied reasons. I'm coming to the end of this experiment and am actively looking for a mate. When I get hold of her she'll get religion quickly............"Oh God, oh God".

Edit: Yikes, I've only gone back now and read the whole thread. Your heart!!! Run, don't walk, to find Standard Process B vitamins and take them for many, many months. You'll be very pleased at how easily your heart heals. Heart issues are almost always a form of beriberi, vitamin B shortcomings. Essential and critical that you do this.

Read Dr. Bruce West and go to the Standard Process website to learn. Trust Bob, trust. Us 'older' guys have to support each other. Remember, it was divinity and spirit that brought you to this information. Trust is crucial.

Salute! (sexual innuendo if you please)

Conk
    Last edited by conk; 21st March 2013 at 17:36.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

26. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

Earth Angel (9th September 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2