+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bradley Manning Nobel Peace Prize Nomination 2013

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default Bradley Manning Nobel Peace Prize Nomination 2013

by Birgitta Jónsdóttir

February 1st 2013 the entire parliamentary group of The Movement in the Icelandic Parliament, the Pirates of the EU; representatives from the Swedish Pirate Party, the former Secretary of State in Tunisia for Sport & Youth nominated Private Bradley Manning for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Following is the reasoning we sent to the committee explaining why we felt compelled to nominate Private Bradley Manning for this important recognition of an individual effort to have an impact for peace in our world. The lengthy personal statement to the pre-trial hearing February 28th by Bradley Manning in his own words validate that his motives were for the greater good of humankind.

Read his full statement

Our letter to the Nobel Peace Prize Committee Reykjavík, Iceland 1st of February 2013

Dear Norwegian Nobel Committee,

We have the great honour of nominating Private First Class Bradley Manning for the 2013Nobel Peace Prize.

Manning is a soldier in the United States army who stands accused of releasing hundreds of thousands of documents to the whistleblower website WikiLeaks. The leaked documents pointed to a long history of corruption, war crimes, and a lack of respect for the sovereignty of other democratic nations by the United States government in international dealings.

These revelations have fueled democratic uprisings around the world, including a democratic revolution in Tunisia. According to journalists, his alleged actions helped motivate the democratic Arab Spring movements, shed light on secret corporate influence on the foreign and domestic policies of European nations, and most recently contributed to the Obama Administration agreeing to withdraw all U.S.troops from the occupation in Iraq.

Bradley Manning has been incarcerated for more then 1000 days by the U.S. Government. He spent over ten months of that time period in solitary confinement, conditions which expert worldwide have criticized as torturous. Juan Mendez, the United Nations’ Special Rapporteur on Torture and Cruel, Inhuman and Degrading Treatment or Punishment, has repeatedly requested and been denied a private meeting with Manning to assess his conditions.

The documents made public by WikiLeaks should never have been kept from public scrutiny. The revelations – including video documentation of an incident in which American soldiers gunned down Reuters journalists in Iraq – have helped to fuel a worldwide discussion about the overseas engagements of the United States, civilian casualties of war and rules of engagement. Citizens worldwide owe a great debt to the WikiLeaks whistleblower for shedding light on these issues, and so we urge the Committee to award this prestigious prize to accused whistleblower Bradley Manning.

We can already be reasonably certain that Bradley Manning will not have a fair trial as the head of State, the USA President Mr. Barack Obama, stated over a year ago on record that Manning is guilty.

Sincerely,

Birgitta Jónsdóttir, Member of Parliament for the Movement, Iceland

Christian Engström, Member of the European Parliament for the Pirate Party, Sweden

Amelia Andersdottir, Member of the European Parliament for the Pirate Party, Sweden

Margrét Tryggvadóttir, Member of Parliament for the Movement, Iceland

Þór Saari, Member of Parliament for the Movement, Iceland

Slim Amamou, former Secretary of State for Sport & Youth (2011), Tunisia

Birgitta Jónsdóttir is a member of the Icelandic parliament for The Movement. She can be contacted via her blogsite

http://www.globalresearch.ca/bradley...n-2013/5325138

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Default Re: Bradley Manning Nobel Peace Prize Nomination 2013

He deserves it, unlike Obama.

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

andia (6th March 2013), Ba-ba-Ra (5th March 2013), Corncrake (6th March 2013), D-Day (6th March 2013), Gardener (5th March 2013), jackovesk (5th March 2013), Kraut (7th July 2013), Maia Gabrial (12th June 2013), Metaphor (5th March 2013), shadowstalker (7th July 2013), sigma6 (6th March 2013), write4change (18th March 2013)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 times in 774 posts

wow, big move. good for them, and prayers to bradley.
    unite, alright
    you know one thing about music? when it hits, you feel no pain!

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to soleil For This Post:

andia (6th March 2013), Ba-ba-Ra (5th March 2013), D-Day (6th March 2013), Flash (5th March 2013), Gardener (5th March 2013), jackovesk (5th March 2013), jjjones (5th March 2013), Kraut (7th July 2013), sigma6 (6th March 2013), Wind (5th March 2013), write4change (18th March 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

if anyone deserves bestowed with this honor, without a doubt it is this courageous young man, Bradley Manning! it is shameful that Bradley tried to reveal the truth to the world and has been tortured and inflicted with INHUMANE TREATMENT at the hands of his own country's government/leadership. maybe some day the tide will turn for those responsible for his enslavement & torture. it is disgusting that his trial is "UNFAIR with no TRUE JUSTICE" all cowards against him, not one of them would have had the strength to endure the 1,000 days as he has. the big mouth people calling him a traitor can't see in front of themselves, how would they like if someone in their family tried to help & was in Bradley's shoes? 99% of those screaming "traitor" would be screaming "release him" ! what can we expect from sheople with the wool pulled over their eyes & can't see that their governments worldwide have been betraying them. blessings to the special people who signed this letter of nomination for the Noble Peace Prize, this world needs more people like them! blessings, strength & healing to Bradley Manning. again, thank you jackovesk for thread with great information & my pa friends for your input. namaste, peace & love universally !

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jjjones For This Post:

andia (6th March 2013), Flash (5th March 2013), jackovesk (6th March 2013), Kraut (7th July 2013), Metaphor (5th March 2013), sigma6 (6th March 2013)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member EsmaEverheart's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I told this before here on Avalon. I knew Bradley Manning when he was a child in Crescent, Oklahoma. I also was witness to other chidren bullying him mercilessly. I always liked him back then and felt really bad about his getting bullied. I told the other kids to stop, but 6 foot boys that age don't pay much attention to litte 5'2 women like me. Anyway I don't live there any more and I am pretty happy about that.

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to EsmaEverheart For This Post:

D-Day (6th March 2013), fifi (6th March 2013), Flash (5th March 2013), Gardener (5th March 2013), genevieve (6th March 2013), jackovesk (6th March 2013), jjjones (6th March 2013), Metaphor (5th March 2013), RMorgan (5th March 2013), sigma6 (6th March 2013), Wind (5th March 2013), write4change (18th March 2013)

10. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

I don't know if I am totally sold on the value/authenticity of Wikileaks, what Bradley Manning did or did not do, Julian Assange etc, or who is playing what role in what game and to what end - however, this, this nomination does not strike me as any thing planned for control purposes. It seems from the heart to me, from genuine people with genuine care and appreciation for the highest and best outcome - one that includes the worst aspects of the US tyranny and interference in the world ending.

It looks to me like a genuine expression of appreciation for a persons role and one in the eye for those that like to control things.

Game on.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

D-Day (6th March 2013), Gardener (5th March 2013), jackovesk (6th March 2013), jjjones (8th March 2013), Kraut (7th July 2013), sigma6 (6th March 2013), Wind (5th March 2013)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 times in 818 posts

Quote Posted by EsmaEverheart (here)
    I think I told this before here on Avalon. I knew Bradley Manning when he was a child in Crescent, Oklahoma. I also was witness to other chidren bullying him mercilessly. I always liked him back then and felt really bad about his getting bullied. I told the other kids to stop, but 6 foot boys that age don't pay much attention to litte 5'2 women like me. Anyway I don't live there any more and I am pretty happy about that.
    Last edited by Mulder; 9th July 2013 at 22:55.
    “There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” -- Carl Jung

"To see the farm is to leave the farm."

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mulder For This Post:

EsmaEverheart (6th March 2013), jackovesk (7th March 2013), jjjones (8th March 2013), KiwiElf (7th July 2013), Kraut (7th July 2013)

14. Link to Post #8
    Slovenia Avalon Member
    Thanks

what was the response of the Committee, if there was any?

15. Link to Post #9
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by boris (here)
    what was the response of the Committee, if there was any?
    No Idea...

But I'll tell you this, Bradley Manning will be Ok in the long-run because the American Sheeple are just starting to Catch-On to the Truth...

16. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Bradley Manning Nobel Peace Prize Nomination 2013

I wish there was a global petition - to sign in agreeance that Bradley Manning is a hero and deserves a Nobel Peace Prize.

If there was a petition I would sign it ia gazillion times and a gazillion times again just to be sure.

A Nobel Peace Prize is for a person who works towards achieving Peace - that is the literal meaning and Bradley Manning literally brought the truth to the global community which is far more than any other person right now.

Bradley Manning is a hero and very deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize and also deserving of his freedom which I hope is coming sooner rather than later.

Much Peace for Bradley Manning

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Post:

fifi (10th July 2013), KiwiElf (7th July 2013)

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mulder (here)
    Now the US Govt is the bully
    This has been the case for a very, very long time. As in the entire history of the country. It started when the first British settlers landed in North America, and it has never stopped.

They just don't bother to be subtle about it anymore.
    Last edited by happyexpat; 9th July 2013 at 03:15.

+ Reply to Thread