+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast

Thread: Hugo Chavez Dead

1. Link to Post #41

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to watchZEITGEISTnow For This Post:

Corncrake (6th March 2013), jackovesk (6th March 2013), jagman (6th March 2013), Mad Hatter (6th March 2013)

3. Link to Post #42
    Canada Avalon Member Youniverse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 times in 532 posts

Default Re: Hugo Chavez Dead

Ya even though I don't know very much about Hugo Chavez I feel saddened by his departure. I think it is very likely he was made out to be a lot worse(by the PTB) than he actually was. He seems to have been a very passionate and brave person, not lacking in integrity, which is more than I can say about most politicians these days. CNN of course gave the usual shallow summary of the man. The world is definately not a better place with him gone. It very well could have been the work of the PTB that did him in.
    If we want to be enlightened, we need to lighten up

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Youniverse For This Post:

jagman (6th March 2013), Mad Hatter (6th March 2013)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,177 times in 591 posts

Alex Jones blind by his hate at what he refers as "communism", virtually saying that Chavez, although he may have appeared as a nice guy, was mostly another globalist
    http://www.infowars.com/hugo-chavez-...jones-reports/

I did not visit Venezuela and have no first hand knowledge, but I am not with Jones here and my gut feeling tells me Chavez, whatever some of his extravagances, was mostly on the right path. A path of humanity & integrity.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jean-Luc For This Post:

161803398 (6th March 2013), AuCo (6th March 2013), Christine (6th March 2013), Corncrake (6th March 2013), Daughter of Time (7th March 2013), jagman (6th March 2013), Kristin (6th March 2013), Mad Hatter (6th March 2013), Mark (6th March 2013), RMorgan (6th March 2013), seko (6th March 2013), silverchimes (7th March 2013)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,177 times in 591 posts

Kevin Barret of http://TruthJihad.com reports :
    I just learned of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez's death, and wrote and sent off an op-ed to Press TV entitled "Hugo Chavez: Another CIA assassination victim." It begins:

Was Hugo Chavez murdered by the CIA? The Venezuelan president himself, before he died yesterday, wondered aloud whether the US government – or the banksters who own it – gave him, and its other leading Latin American enemies, cancer. A little over a year ago, Chavez went on Venezuelan national radio and said: "I don't know but … it is very odd than we have seen Lugo affected by cancer, Dilma when she was a candidate, me, going into an election year, not long ago Lula and now Cristina...It is very hard to explain, even with the law of probabilities, what has been happening to some leaders in Latin America. It's at the very least strange, very strange.”

Strange indeed...so strange that if you think Venezuela's Hugo Chavez, Brazilian president Dilma Rousseff, Paraguayan Fernando Lugo, and former Brazilian leader Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva – Latin America's top anti-US-empire leaders – all just happened to contract cancer around the same time by sheer chance, you must be some kind of crazy coincidence theorist.

Am I 100% certain that the CIA killed Hugo Chavez? Absolutely not.

It could have been non-governmental assassins working for the bankers.

But any way you slice it, the masters of the US Empire are undoubtedly responsible for giving Chavez and other Latin American leaders cancer. How do we know that? Just examine the Empire's track record…
    (Full article to be published on Press TV later on)
    Last edited by Jean-Luc; 6th March 2013 at 06:26.

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jean-Luc For This Post:

161803398 (6th March 2013), annieVee (7th March 2013), Christine (6th March 2013), Corncrake (6th March 2013), Daughter of Time (6th March 2013), Hervé (6th March 2013), jagman (6th March 2013), Kristin (6th March 2013), Mad Hatter (6th March 2013), Mark (6th March 2013), RMorgan (6th March 2013), seko (6th March 2013), ulli (6th March 2013), watchZEITGEISTnow (9th March 2013)

9. Link to Post #45
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by Daughter of Time (here)
    I am saddened by the news.

I wonder whether his cancer was CIA, electro-magnetically induced.
    If that's True? Cancer can be electro-magnetically Un-induced...

10. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 times in 659 posts

It is so interesting (and it must be said being a Chavez supporter) sometimes irritating reading the different viewpoints on Chavez. However, this is what is good about this forum, it encourages you to examine both sides of the argument however uncomfortable that maybe. I had no idea of the FARC connection or the history behind it so that was important to learn. Having followed John Perkins, John Pilger and Greg Palast for years these guys' research helped me form my opinion. I also have a rich Venezuelan acquaintance who is now resident in the UK who hates him - she will be thrilled he has gone! Greg Palast's most recent article is here:

"Venezuelan President Chavez once asked me why the US elite wanted to kill him. My dear Hugo: It’s the oil. And it’s the Koch Brothers – and it’s the ketchup."

http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...7&e=b599625bdf

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Corncrake For This Post:

161803398 (6th March 2013), Christine (6th March 2013), Cidersomerset (6th March 2013), Hervé (6th March 2013), jagman (6th March 2013), Jean-Luc (6th March 2013), seko (6th March 2013), ulli (6th March 2013)

12. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

CIA, the Cancer inducing Agency? Makes sense...
    Here's Greg Palast on Chavez

Vaya con Dios, Hugo Chàvez, mi Amigo
    By Greg Palast
    Tuesday, March 5, 2013

For BBC Television, Palast met several times with Hugo Chàvez, who passed away today.
    As a purgative for the crappola fed to Americans about Chavez, my foundation, The Palast Investigative Fund, is offering the film, The Assassination of Hugo Chavez, as a FREE download. Based on my several meetings with Chavez, his kidnappers and his would-be assassins, filmed for BBC Television. DVDs also available.

Venezuelan President Chavez once asked me why the US elite wanted to kill him. My dear Hugo: It’s the oil. And it’s the Koch Brothers – and it’s the ketchup.

Reverend Pat Robertson said,

“Hugo Chavez thinks we’re trying to assassinate him. I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it.”
    It was 2005 and Robertson was channeling the frustration of George Bush’s State Department. Despite Bush’s providing intelligence, funds and even a note of congratulations to the crew who kidnapped Chavez (we’ll get there), Hugo remained in office, reelected and wildly popular.

But why the Bush regime’s hate, hate, HATE of the President of Venezuela?

Reverend Pat wasn’t coy about the answer: It’s the oil.

“This is a dangerous enemy to our South controlling a huge pool of oil.”
    A really BIG pool of oil. Indeed, according to Guy Caruso, former chief of oil intelligence for the CIA, Venezuela hold a recoverable reserve of 1.36 trillion barrels, that is, a whole lot more than Saudi Arabia.

If we didn’t kill Chavez, we’d have to do an “Iraq” on his nation. So the Reverend suggests,

“We don’t need another $200 billion war….It’s a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with.”

Chavez himself told me he was stunned by Bush’s attacks: Chavez had been quite chummy with Bush Senior and with Bill Clinton.

So what made Chavez suddenly "a dangerous enemy"? Here’s the answer you won’t find in The New York Times:

Just after Bush’s inauguration in 2001, Chavez’ congress voted in a new “Law of Hydrocarbons.” Henceforth, Exxon, British Petroleum, Shell Oil and Chevron would get to keep 70% of the sales revenues from the crude they sucked out of Venezuela. Not bad, considering the price of oil was rising toward $100 a barrel.

But to the oil companies, which had bitch-slapped Venezeula’s prior government into giving them 84% of the sales price, a cut to 70% was “no bueno.” Worse, Venezuela had been charging a joke of a royalty – just one percent – on “heavy” crude from the Orinoco Basin. Chavez told Exxon and friends they’d now have to pay 16.6%.

Clearly, Chavez had to be taught a lesson about the etiquette of dealings with Big Oil.

On April 11, 2002, President Chavez was kidnapped at gunpoint and flown to an island prison in the Caribbean Sea. On April 12, Pedro Carmona, a business partner of the US oil companies and president of the nation’s Chamber of Commerce, declared himself President of Venezuela – giving a whole new meaning to the term, “corporate takeover.”

U.S. Ambassador Charles Shapiro immediately rushed down from his hilltop embassy to have his picture taken grinning with the self-proclaimed “President” and the leaders of the coup d’état.

Bush’s White House spokesman admitted that Chavez was, “democratically elected,” but, he added, “Legitimacy is something that is conferred not by just the majority of voters.” I see.

With an armed and angry citizenry marching on the Presidential Palace in Caracas ready to string up the coup plotters, Carmona, the Pretend President from Exxon returned his captive Chavez back to his desk within 48 hours. (How? Get The Assassination of Hugo Chavez, the film, expanding on my reports for BBC Television. You can download it for free for the next few days.)

Chavez had provoked the coup not just by clawing back some of the bloated royalties of the oil companies. It’s what he did with that oil money that drove Venezuela’s One Percent to violence.

In Caracas, I ran into the reporter for a TV station whose owner is generally credited with plotting the coup against the president. While doing a publicity photo shoot, leaning back against a tree, showing her wide-open legs nearly up to where they met, the reporter pointed down the hill to the “ranchos,” the slums above Caracas, where shacks, once made of cardboard and tin, where quickly transforming into homes of cinder blocks and cement.

“He [Chavez] gives them bread and bricks, so they vote for him, of course.” She was disgusted by “them,” the 80% of Venezuelans who are negro e indio (Black and Indian)—and poor. Chavez, himself negro e indio, had, for the first time in Venezuela’s history, shifted the oil wealth from the privileged class that called themselves “Spanish,” to the dark-skinned masses.

While trolling around the poor housing blocks of Caracas, I ran into a local, Arturo Quiran, a merchant seaman and no big fan of Chavez. But over a beer at his kitchen table, he told me,

“Fifteen years ago under [then-President] Carlos Andrés Pérez, there was a lot of oil money in Venezuela. The ‘oil boom’ we called it. Here in Venezuela there was a lot of money, but we didn't see it.”
    But then came Hugo Chavez, and now the poor in his neighborhood, he said, “get medical attention, free operations, x-rays, medicines; education also. People who never knew how to write now know how to sign their own papers."

Chavez’ Robin Hood thing, shifting oil money from the rich to the poor, would have been grudgingly tolerated by the US. But Chavez, who told me, “We are no longer an oil colony,” went further…too much further, in the eyes of the American corporate elite.

Venezuela had landless citizens by the millions – and unused land by the millions of acres tied up, untilled, on which a tiny elite of plantation owners squatted. Chavez’ congress passed in a law in 2001 requiring untilled land to be sold to the landless. It was a program long promised by Venezuela’s politicians at the urging of John F. Kennedy as part of his “Alliance for Progress.”

Plantation owner Heinz Corporation didn’t like that one bit. In retaliation, Heinz closed its ketchup plant in the state of Maturin and fired all the workers. Chavez seized Heinz’ plant and put the workers back on the job. Chavez didn’t realize that he’d just squeezed the tomatoes of America’s powerful Heinz family and Mrs. Heinz’ husband, Senator John Kerry, now U.S. Secretary of State.

Or, knowing Chavez as I do, he didn’t give a damn.

Chavez could survive the ketchup coup, the Exxon “presidency,” even his taking back a piece of the windfall of oil company profits, but he dangerously tried the patience of America’s least forgiving billionaires: The Koch Brothers.

How? Well, that’s another story for another day. [Watch this space. Or read about it in the book, Billionaires & Ballot Bandits. Go to BallotBandits.org).

Elected presidents who annoy Big Oil have ended up in exile—or coffins: Mossadegh of Iran after he nationalized BP’s fields (1953), Elchibey, President of Azerbaijan, after he refused demands of BP for his Caspian fields (1993), President Alfredo Palacio of Ecuador after he terminated Occidental’s drilling concession (2005).

“It’s a chess game, Mr. Palast,” Chavez told me. He was showing me a very long, and very sharp sword once owned by Simon Bolivar, the Great Liberator. “And I am,” Chavez said, “a very good chess player.”

In the film The Seventh Seal, a medieval knight bets his life on a game of chess with the Grim Reaper. Death cheats, of course, and takes the knight. No mortal can indefinitely outplay Death who, this week, Chavez must know, will checkmate the new Bolivar of Venezuela.

But in one last move, the Bolivarian grandmaster played a brilliant endgame, naming Vice-President Nicolas Maduro, as good and decent a man as they come, as heir to the fight for those in the “ranchos.” The One Percent of Venezuela, planning on Chavez’s death to return them the power and riches they couldn’t win in an election, are livid with the choice of Maduro.

Chavez sent Maduro to meet me in my downtown New York office back in 2004. In our run-down detective digs on Second Avenue, Maduro and I traded information on assassination plots and oil policy.

Even then, Chavez was carefully preparing for the day when Venezuela’s negros e indios would lose their king—but still stay in the game.
    Class war on a chessboard. Even in death, I wouldn’t bet against Hugo Chavez.

Investigative reporter Greg Palast covered Venezuela for BBC Television Newsnight and Harper’s Magazine.

Palast is the author of the New York Times bestsellers
    Billionaires & Ballot Bandits: How to Steal an Election in 9 Easy Steps, The Best Democracy Money Can Buy, Armed Madhouse and the highly acclaimed Vultures' Picnic, named Book of the Year 2012 on BBC Newsnight Review.

Visit the Palast Investigative Fund's store or simply make a contribution to keep our work alive!
    Copyright © 2013 Greg Palast, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving this Newsletter because you are a subscriber.
    Our mailing address is:

Greg Palast
    PO Box 90
    Greenport, NY 11944

Add us to your address book

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Christine (6th March 2013), Daughter of Time (7th March 2013), Hervé (6th March 2013), jagman (6th March 2013), Jean-Luc (6th March 2013), kudzy (6th March 2013), RMorgan (6th March 2013), RUSirius (6th March 2013), seko (6th March 2013), ulli (6th March 2013)

14. Link to Post #48
    Japan Avalon Member
    Thanks

It was all gien by the cubans he died as he deserved. He was atrrible president and aterrible person.
    Quote Posted by Daughter of Time (here)
    I am saddened by the news.

I wonder whether his cancer was CIA, electro-magnetically induced.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mathilde Lares For This Post:

guayabal (6th March 2013)

16. Link to Post #49
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by watchZEITGEISTnow (here)
    Looks like the "Jackals" finally got him ...
    Agreed...

Confessions of an Economic Hit Man

17. Link to Post #50
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,898 times in 15,481 posts

Here is the Press TV full article:

Chavez: Another CIA assassination victim

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez died of cancer at a military hospital in Caracas on March 5, 2013.

Wed Mar 6, 2013 11:5AM GMT
    By Dr. Kevin Barrett

We know that the bankers who own the US government routinely try to kill any Latin American leader who refuses to be their puppet. We know that they have mounted thousands of assassination attempts against Latin American leaders, including more than 600 against Castro alone. We know that they have been experimenting with cancer viruses, and killing people with cancer, since the 1960s.

So if you think Hugo Chavez died a natural death, I am afraid that you are terminally naïve.”

The Venezuelan president himself, before he died yesterday, wondered aloud whether the US government - or the banksters who own it - gave him, and its other leading Latin American enemies, cancer.

A little over a year ago, Chavez went on Venezuelan national radio and said: “I don’t know but… it is very odd that we have seen Lugo affected by cancer, Dilma when she was a candidate, me, going into an election year, not long ago Lula and now Cristina… It is very hard to explain, even with the law of probabilities, what has been happening to some leaders in Latin America. It’s at the very least strange, very strange.”

Strange indeed… so strange that if you think Venezuela’s Hugo Chavez, Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff, Paraguayan Fernando Lugo, and former Brazilian leader Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva - Latin America’s top anti-US empire leaders - all just happened to contract cancer around the same time by sheer chance, you must be some kind of crazy coincidence theorist.

Am I 100% certain that the CIA killed Hugo Chavez? Absolutely not.

It could have been non-governmental assassins working for the bankers.

But any way you slice it, the masters of the US empire are undoubtedly responsible for giving Chavez and other Latin American leaders cancer. How do we know that? Just examine the Empire’s track record.
    Fidel Castro’s bodyguard, Fabian Escalante, estimates that the CIA attempted to kill the Cuban president an astonishing 638 times. The CIA’s methods included exploding cigars, biological warfare agents painted on Castro’s diving suit, deadly pills, toxic bacteria in coffee, an exploding speaker’s podium, snipers, poison-wielding female friends, and explosive underwater sea shells.
    The CIA’s assassination attempts against Castro were like a Tom and Jerry cartoon, with the CIA as the murderously inept cat, and the Cuban president as a clever and very lucky mouse. Some might even argue that Castro’s survival, in the face of 638 assassination attempts by the world’s greatest power, is evidence that El Presidente’s communist atheism was incorrect, and that God, or at least a guardian angel, must have been watching over “Infidel Castro” all along.

Theology aside, the CIA’s endless attempts on Castro’s life provide ample evidence that US authorities will stop at nothing in their efforts to murder their Latin American enemies.

John Perkins, in his bestselling book Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, supplies more evidence that the bankers that own the US government routinely murder heads of state, using private assassins as well as CIA killers.

Perkins, during his career as an “economic hit man,” gained first-hand knowledge about how the big international bankers maintain their empire in Latin America and elsewhere. Perkins’ job was to visit leaders of foreign countries and convince them to accept loans that could never be paid back. Why? The bankers want to force these nations into debt slavery. When the country goes bankrupt, the bankers seize the nation’s natural resources and establish complete control over its government and economy.

Perkins would meet with a targeted nation’s leader and say: “I have a fist-full of hundred dollar bills in one hand, and a bullet in the other. Which do you want?” If the leader accepted the loans, thereby enslaving his country, he got the payoff. If he angrily chased Perkins out of his office, the bankers would call in the “asteroids” to assassinate the uncooperative head of state.
    The “asteroids” are the world’s most expensive and accomplished professional killers. They work on contract - sometimes to the CIA, sometimes to the bankers, and sometimes to wealthy private individuals. And though their specialty is causing plane crashes, they are capable of killing people, including heads of state, in any number of ways.
    This isn’t just speculation. John Perkins actually knows some of these CIA-linked professional killers personally. And he has testified about their murders of Latin American leaders. Confessions of an Economic Hit Man is dedicated to Perkins’ murdered friends Gen. Torrijos of Panama and President Jaime Roldos of Ecuador. Both were killed by CIA-linked “asteroids” in engineered plane crashes.
    Do CIA-linked killers sometimes induce cancer in their victims? Apparently they do. One notable victim: Jack Ruby (née Jack Rubenstein), a mobster who was himself a professional killer, and whose last hit was the choreographed murder of JFK-assassination patsy Lee Harvey Oswald in the basement of the Dallas Police Department. Ruby begged to be taken to Washington to tell the real story of the JFK murder, but instead died in prison, of a sudden and mysterious cancer, before he could reveal what he knew.
    Have the CIA-bankster “asteroids” ever tried to kill Latin American leaders with cancer? The answer is an unequivocal “yes.”

Edward Haslam’s book Dr. Mary’s Monkey proves what JFK assassination prosecutor Jim Garrison had earlier alleged: Child-molesting CIA agent David Ferrie, one of President Kennedy’s killers, had experimented extensively with cancer-causing viruses for the CIA in his huge home laboratory. The purpose: To give Fidel Castro and other Latin American leaders cancer. (Ferrie himself was killed by the CIA shortly before he was scheduled to testify in court about his role in the JFK assassination.)

To summarize: We know that the bankers who own the US government routinely try to kill any Latin American leader who refuses to be their puppet. We know that they have mounted thousands of assassination attempts against Latin American leaders, including more than 600 against Castro alone. We know that they have been experimenting with cancer viruses, and killing people with cancer, since the 1960s.

So if you think Hugo Chavez died a natural death, I am afraid that you are terminally naïve.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Corncrake (6th March 2013), Daughter of Time (6th March 2013), jagman (6th March 2013), panopticon (6th March 2013), RMorgan (6th March 2013), seko (6th March 2013), T Smith (7th March 2013), watchZEITGEISTnow (9th March 2013)

19. Link to Post #51
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Hey folks,

Just to clarify, I don´t think Chavez was perfect as well.

However, his administration was clearly positive for Venezuela and for South-America as a whole, as pointed in this article.

"...With regard to these social determinants of health indicators, Venezuela is now the country in the region with the lowest inequality level (measured by the Gini Coefficient) having reduced inequality by 54%, poverty by 44%. Poverty has been reduced from 70.8% (1996) to 21% (2010). And extreme poverty reduced from 40% (1996) to a very low level of 7.3% (2010). About 20 million people have benefited from anti-poverty programs, called “Misiones” (Up to now, 2.1 million elderly people have received old-age pensions – that is 66% of the population while only 387,000 received pensions before the current government.

...UNESCO has recognized that illiteracy been eliminated furthermore, Venezuela is the 3rd county in the region whose population reads the most. There is tuition free education from daycare to university; 72% of children attend public daycares and 85% of school age children attend school. There are thousands of new or refurbished schools, including 10 new universities. The country places 2nd in Latin America and 5th in the world with the greatest proportions of university students. In fact, 1 out of every 3 Venezuelans are enrolled in some educational program.[ii] . It is also a great achievement that Venezuela is now tied with Finland as the 5th country with the happiest population in the world..

Before the Chavez government in 1998, 21% of the population was malnourished. While 90% of the food was imported in 1980, today this is less than 30%. Misión Agro-Venezuela has given out 454,238 credits to rural producers and 39,000 rural producers have received credit in 2012 alone. Five million Venezuelan receive free food, four million of them are children in schools and 6,000 food kitchens feed 900,000 people. The agrarian reform and policies to help agricultural producers have increased domestic food supply. The results of all these food security measures is that today malnourishment is only 5%, and child malnutrition which was 7.7% in 1990 today is at 2.9%. This is an impressive health achievement by any standards.

Some of the most important available data on health care and public health are as following:

*infant mortality dropped from 25 per 1000 (1990) to only 13/1000 (2010);

*An outstanding 96% of the population has now access to clean water (one of the goals of the revolution);

*In 1998, there were 18 doctors per 10,000 inhabitants, currently there are 58, and the public health system has about 95,000 physicians;

*It took four decades for previous governments to build 5,081 clinics, but in just 13 years the Bolivarian government built 13,721 (a 169.6% increase);

*Barrio Adentro (i.e., primary care program with the help of more than 8,300 Cuban doctors) has approximately saved 1,4 million lives in 7,000 clinics and has given 500 million consultations;

*In 2011 alone, 67,000 Venezuelans received free high cost medicines for 139 pathologies conditions including cancer, hepatitis, osteoporosis, schizophrenia, and others; there are now 34 centres for addictions,

*In 6 years 19,840 homeless have been attended through a special program; and there are practically no children living on the streets.

*Venezuela now has the largest intensive care unit in the region.

*A network of public drugstores sell subsidized medicines in 127 stores with savings of 34-40%.

*51,000 people have been treated in Cuba for specialized eye treatment and the eye care program “Mision Milagro”; has restored sight to 1.5 million Venezuelans

...Part of this equation is the intense political participation that the Venezuelan democracy stands for, that includes 30,000 communal councils, which determine local social needs and oversee their satisfaction and allows the people to be protagonists of the changes they demand.

...However these past 13 years, the Bolivarian government has been building up an industrial and agricultural infrastructure that 40 years of previous governments had neglected and its economy continues to get stronger even in the face of a global financial crisis.

...Economic milestones these last ten years include reduction in unemployment from 11.3% to 7.7%; doubling the amount of people receiving social insurance benefits, and the public debt has been reduced from 20.7% to 14.3% of GNP and the flourishing of cooperatives has strengthen local endogenous economies. In general, the Venezuelan economy has grown 47.4% in ten years, that is, 4.3% per annum. Today many European countries would look jealously at these figures. Economists who studied in detail the Venezuelan economy for years indicate that, “The predictions of economic collapse, balance of payments or debt crises and other gloomy prognostications, as well as many economic forecasts along the way, have repeatedly proven wrong… Venezuela’s current economic growth is sustainable and could continue at the current pace or higher for many years.”.

According to Global Finance and the CIA World Factbook ,the Venezuelan economy presents the following indicators: unemployment rate of 8%; 45,5% government (public) debt as a percent of GDP (by contrast the European Union debt/GDP is 82.5%); and a real GDP growth: GDP per capita is $13,070. In 2011, the Venezuelan economy defied most forecasts by growing 4.2 percent, and was up 5.6 percent in the first half of 2012. It has a debt-to-GDP ratio comfortably below the U.S. and the UK, and stronger than European countries; an inflation rate, an endemic problem during many decades, that has fallen to a four-year low, or 13.7%, over the most recent 2012 quarter. Even The Wall Street Journal reports that Venezuela’s stock exchange is by far the best-performing stock market in the world, reaching an all-time high in October 2012, and Venezuela’s bonds are some of the best performers in emerging markets.

Hugo Chavez’s victory had an impact around the world as he is recognized as having spearheaded radical change not only in his own country but in all Latin America where progressive governments have also been elected, thereby reshaping the global order. The victory was even more significant considering the enormous financial and strategic help that the USA agencies and allies gave to the opposition parties and media. Since 2002, Washington channeled $100 million to opposition groups in Venezuela and this election year alone, distributed US$ 40-50 million there. But the Venezuelan people disregarded the barrage of propaganda unleashed against the president by the media that is 95% privately owned and anti-Chavez.

...Following a different model of development from that of global capitalism in sharp contrast to Europe, debt levels across Latin America are low and falling.

The changes in Venezuela are not abstract. The government of President Chávez has significantly improved the living conditions of Venezuelans and engaged them in dynamic political participation to achieve it . This new model of socialist development has had a phenomenal impact all over Latin America, including Colombia of late, and the progressive left of centre governments that are now the majority in the region see in Venezuela the catalyst that that has brought more democracy, national sovereignty and economic and social progress to the region . No amount of neoliberal rhetoric can dispute these facts. Dozens of opinionated experts can go on forever on whether the Bolivarian Revolution is or is not socialist, whether it is revolutionary or reformist (it is likely to be both ), yet at the end of the day these substantial achievements remain. This is what infuriates its opponents the most both inside Venezuela and most notable, from neocolonialist countries. The “objective” and “empiricist” The Economist will not publicize this data, preferring to predict once again the imminent collapse of the Venezuelan economy and El Pais, in Spain, would rather have one of the architects of the Caracazo (the slaughter of 3000 people in Caracas protesting the austerity measures of 1989), the minister of finance of the former government Moises Naim, go on with his anti-Chávez obsession. But none of them can dispute that the UN Human Development Index situates Venezuela in place #61 out of 176 countries having increased 7 places in 10 years.

And that is one more reason why Chavez’s Bolivarian Revolution will survive Venezuela’s Socialist leader."

So, folks, we can´t argue with these numbers.

What worries me now is what comes next, Nicolas Maduro, which will probably continue Chavez´s work, or Henrique Capriles Radonski, who comes from a wealthy family of business owners and has strong ties with Washington?

Raf.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

161803398 (6th March 2013), Corncrake (6th March 2013), Daughter of Time (6th March 2013), Hervé (6th March 2013), jagman (6th March 2013), Jean-Luc (6th March 2013), Kristin (6th March 2013), panopticon (6th March 2013), RUSirius (6th March 2013), watchZEITGEISTnow (9th March 2013)

21. Link to Post #52
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

It's funny to see how people who really don't know about the reality of a country because they don't live there, speculate about what really happens there, based on biased misinformation.

Chavez was trying to do with Venezuela what Castro did to Cuba.
    Last edited by Camilo; 7th March 2013 at 23:09.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

guayabal (6th March 2013), jagman (6th March 2013)

23. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,188 times in 2,886 posts

Another "conspiracy" article

Did the CIA Poison Hugo Chavez?
    http://deanhenderson.wordpress.com/2...n-hugo-chavez/
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

Corncrake (6th March 2013), Hervé (6th March 2013), jagman (6th March 2013), RMorgan (6th March 2013), RUSirius (6th March 2013)

25. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Camilo (here)
    It's funny to see how people who really don't know about the reality of a country because they don't live there, speculate about what really happens there, based in biased misinformation.

Chavez was trying to to with Venezuela what Castro did to Cuba.
    Hey Camilo,

Well, I don´t live there, but I´m South-American and I´m tuned to what happens in our continent.

As I said before, I know Chavez wasn´t perfect, but you can´t deny his achievements.

Anyway, what exactly Castro did to Cuba? For the decades leading up to the Cuban Revolution in 1959, Cuba was little more than a playground for wealthy US bankers, corporations and tourists who thrived off the unrestricted access to alcohol, drug-trafficking, gambling and prostitution. Without him, Cuba would be nothing but a big casino full of alcoholic gringos, prostitutes and golf courses.

Prior to Fidel Castro taking power, life for the masses of Cubans was a misery. 600,000 Cubans were without work and starving to death.

One of the first things he did was to take over casinos and use them as schools, eradicating illiteracy in one single year and redistribute land owned by US companies to small farmers and landless rural workers.. Nowadays, Cuba has has a healthcare and educational system alongside the very best in the world.

In my opinion, Cuba would be a much worse country (at least to the natives) without Castro´s revolution.The same goes for Venezuela without Chavez.

Anyway, no government is perfect and Chavez´s was not an exception. It´s about priorities, that often, in Latin American countries, are reduced to two possibilities: Work for the people or work for the gringos.

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 6th March 2013 at 14:58.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Corncrake (6th March 2013), Hervé (6th March 2013), jagman (6th March 2013), Jean-Luc (6th March 2013), panopticon (6th March 2013), RUSirius (6th March 2013)

27. Link to Post #55
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    The dictators are dropping like flies.
    Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Posted by robinr1 (here)
    Quote Posted by guayabal (here)
    I'm glad he is dead... yes, it sounds terrible but I do. This man gave shelter in Venezuela to head militants of the guerrilla group FARC. The FARC is a colombian guerrilla group of narcotraffickers and kidnappers.

why do u care what othr adults put in their own body?

also in your last sentence u could replace farc with cia and columbian with usa and it would be the same.......do u also wish death on cia workers/members?
    this i did not know. Is that the same group FARC that equator and Bolivia are caught with and that Ecuador finally kind of got rid of?

FARC were really terrible, and completeley working with the CIA to export the drugs. Interesting, good guys may not be where we think.
    Hey Flash,

People should do their homework before labeling everyone on FARC as terrorists and narcotraffickers.

The FARC were born as a legitimate anti-imperialistic movement, inspired by Bolivarianism.

They were mostly against:

-the economic depredations of the ruling bourgeoisie;
    -the political influence of the U.S. in the internal affairs of Colombia (i.e. Plan Colombia);
    -neo-imperialism;
    -the monopolization of natural resources by multinational corporations and
    -the repressive violence from Colombian state and paramilitary forces against the civilian population.

They were flawed, like all left wing revolutionary movements, but they were just trying to take back the sovereignty of their country, which was completely sold out to the USA; probably it still is, like most part of South-America.

Then, as usual, the CIA infiltrated the group, using their usual techniques such as bribing and offering amazing "business opportunities", if you know what I mean. Only then, the FARC got involved in the drug business, sponsored by the CIA.

Nowadays, they are just CIA dogs, but there are still legit revolutionary leaders willing to take back the movement.

To sum up, the FARC as we know it nowadays, is CIA.

PS: Read more about it here, if you´re interested to know a bit about South-American history.
    I'm sorry to tell you, but you absolutely have no idea what you're talking about. You weren't born in Colombia, I was; you don't live in Colombia, I do. Perhaps if you lived here and you, or someone from your family were kidnapped and chained to a tree for 7 years; or you, or someone from your family lost one or both legs, because you stepped on a land mine planted by them; or you, or someone from your family died, like 100's of innocent people do, because they attack indiscriminately civilians, then, only then you would get to know first hand what kind of terrorist they really are.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

guayabal (6th March 2013), jagman (6th March 2013)

29. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

It's funny to see how people who really don't know about the reality of a country because they don't live there, speculate about what really happens there, based in biased misinformation.

Hey Camilo,

Well, I don´t live there, but I´m South-American and I´m tuned to what happens in our continent.

As I said before, I know Chavez wasn´t perfect, but you can´t deny his achievements.

Anyway, what exactly Castro did to Cuba? For the decades leading up to the Cuban Revolution in 1959, Cuba was little more than a playground for wealthy US bankers, corporations and tourists who thrived off the unrestricted access to alcohol, drug-trafficking, gambling and prostitution. Without him, Cuba would be nothing but a big casino full of alcoholic gringos, prostitutes and golf courses.
    With Castro, Cuba ended being "the whore house of the world": in the words of the cuban woman Yoani Sanchez 3:00, this video is in spanish.

30. Link to Post #57
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hey Camilo,

Prior to Fidel Castro taking power, life for the masses of Cubans was a misery. 600,000 Cubans were without work and starving to death.

One of the first things he did was to take over casinos and use them as schools, eradicating illiteracy in one single year and redistribute land owned by US companies to small farmers and landless rural workers.. Nowadays, Cuba has has a healthcare and educational system alongside the very best in the world.

In my opinion, Cuba would be a much worse country (at least to the natives) without Castro´s revolution.The same goes for Venezuela without Chavez.

Anyway, no government is perfect and Chavez´s was not an exception. It´s about priorities, that often, in Latin American countries, are reduced to two possibilities: Work for the people or work for the gringos.

Raf.
    Hey Raf, you may need to wake up and see reality for what it really is. Have you been to Cuba and see how they live?.......I have, and 99% of the population live in misery because of a senseless revolution. They live isolated from the rest of the world, they have no liberties whatsoever, and if you dare to say what you think, you're thrown in jail until you die. If you think that's freedom and you like it, perhaps you should go and live there, or go to Venezuela, where you find no food at the supermarkets, and you can't say what you think either.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

guayabal (6th March 2013)

32. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

I'm sorry to tell you, but you absolutely have no idea what you're talking about. You weren't born in Colombia, I was; you don't live in Colombia, I do. Perhaps if you lived here and you, or someone from your family were kidnapped and chained to a tree for 7 years; or you, or someone from your family lost one or both legs, because you stepped on a land mine planted by them; or you, or someone from your family died, like 100's of innocent people do, because they attack indiscriminately civilians, then, only then you would get to know first hand what kind of terrorist they really are.
    Camilo,

I guess you didn´t read my post regarding the origins of the FARC, and how they started as a legitimate organization and were corrupted only later during the 80s and 90s.

I agree with you, they are, nowadays, a corrupt terrorist organization, but they weren´t always like that.

Hey Raf, you may need to wake up and see reality for what it really is. Have you been to Cuba and see how they live?.......I have, and 99% of the population live in misery because of a senseless revolution. They live isolated from the rest of the world, they have no liberties whatsoever, and if you dare to say what you think, you're thrown in jail until you die. If you think that's freedom and you like it, perhaps you should go and live there, or go to Venezuela, where you find no food at the supermarkets, and you can't say what you think either.
    Man, you still don´t get it, right?

I never said Cuba was perfect. However, could you picture how Cuba would be nowadays without Castro´s revolution? Would it be better or worse for the Cuban citizens?

Man, I assure you it would be worse for the natives and better for the foreign bankers. It would be a country with no sovereignty whatsoever, a cheap tropical Las Vegas caricature.

You probably know what the US did to Puerto Rico, right? Do you think it was beneficial for the people?

Anyway, the biggest part of Cuba´s economic problems come from foreign sanctions and economic embargoes.

With Castro, Cuba ended being "the whore house of the world": in the words of the cuban woman Yoani Sanchez 3:00, this video is in spanish.
    Man, if you still believe this woman isn´t a CIA shill, then I have nothing else to say to you. The evidence is overwhelming, pointing that she works for the CIA.

Just do a little research about her and you´ll know what I mean.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 6th March 2013 at 16:01.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Corncrake (6th March 2013), jagman (6th March 2013)

34. Link to Post #59
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

So sad!, from what I have follow through the years, he seems to work for his people and he was not afraid of the US Government Elites.

Sympathy to all Venezuelans, the best to you in this great challenge.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

Corncrake (6th March 2013), jagman (6th March 2013), RMorgan (6th March 2013)

36. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Man, if you still believe this woman isn´t a CIA shill, then I have nothing else to say to you. The evidence is overwhelming, pointing that she works for the CIA.

Just do a little research about her and you´ll know what I mean.
    I don't really know if Yoani Sanchez is a CIA agent but what she says in this video is true. There is a lot more info about cuban prostitution, you can also do the research yourself too. Is not a secret that the cuban common people live in missery and that this missery was brought through Castro's dictatorship.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guayabal For This Post:

jagman (6th March 2013), RMorgan (6th March 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast