+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 4 10 LastLast

Thread: I (Bill) am being impersonated on Facebook.

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Default Re: I (Bill) am being impersonated on Facebook.

KJ told her off. She claimed 45 min ago that it was a "tribute" to you, yet the slanderous verbiage on Kerry Cassidy, got her called out. Believe I'll be back, if she doesn't stop. I told her if she knew of Avalon, she would know its about being truthful, to which by using your name and site, she is NOT BEING HONEST NOR HOLDING THE STANDARDS OF NOT SMASHING others on their search for the truth.

I just told others that may donate to her, NOT to because it's a FAKE SITE WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th March 2013), Chester (14th March 2013), Christine (12th March 2013), Limor Wolf (12th March 2013)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks

If it's NOT Kerry's site, then it should also be reported. Bill you may want to contact Kerry on this. Perhaps if you both went on them, they would pull it down. Seems sort "cointelproish to find out seekers who know you or get donations. Is there a paypal attached also? I'd check if I were you. FB is a billion or three strong now and around the world people come here and there. So the "hoodwink" and slander can turn people off. This is NOT your charecteristic, and I would address Mark Zuckerman about it.

Impersonating a person is still against the law, especially if there are nefarious means that lead back to you because of their "commentary." Whos to say they won't say something else under your site that's not permissible and have the dirt dragged here to be shut down?

Don't let it go Bill, don't let it continue. It's like signing a check in your name. They have NO right to do it, and what they are doing with your name is reason for lawsuit.

That usually gets them to stop.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th March 2013), Chester (14th March 2013), Christine (12th March 2013)

5. Link to Post #63
    Mauritius Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,420 times in 635 posts

Yep.
    I said my bit on that page. not long now before is deleted..

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kersley For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th March 2013), Chester (14th March 2013), Christine (12th March 2013), Limor Wolf (12th March 2013)

7. Link to Post #64
    United States Avalon Member peterspm's Avatar
    Thanks

i did too, wrote on the wall -- fake! shameful.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterspm For This Post:

9. Link to Post #65
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,354 times in 21,475 posts

Quote Posted by Lifebringer (here)
    KJ told her off. She claimed 45 min ago that it was a "tribute" to you, yet ...
    Who is the "she" to whom you refer, and who is KJ ?
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 11th March 2013 at 17:19.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

11. Link to Post #66
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

For what is worth, although I absolutely don't agree with it, whomever set this face book page up, says very clearly in the front page and I quote: "This group is dedicated to the legend that is Bill Ryan", he/she/they is/are not saying he/she/they is/are Bill Ryan.
    Last edited by Camilo; 11th March 2013 at 17:32.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th March 2013), Christine (12th March 2013)

13. Link to Post #67
    Thanks

They think thye have all my info. They've got me living somewhere other than I really am, because of my registration with LEED and USGBC school. I let them spin their weave, about me, but they don't have my address or new tele number from when I first signed on in 2007. I was a radio community activist talking about what was going on in our communities and used that handle, so they have my married name, but not my legally married name if you know what I mean. They have a snoop through the twitter and put it together if you blog and use a connect to post a article on FB. Then they grabe everything from that site on you and add to it. NSA, CIA, ALPHABET GROUP MEET?
    YOU BETCHA!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th March 2013), Christine (12th March 2013), nomadguy (13th March 2013)

15. Link to Post #68
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Camilo (here)
    For what is worth, although I absolutely don't agree with it, whomever set this face book page up, says very clearly in the front page and I quote: "This group is dedicated to the legend that is Bill Ryan", he/she/they is/are not saying he/she/they is/are Bill Ryan.
    In that phrase you quote, they are not claiming to be Bill Ryan.

But elsewhere on that page, they post an insult of Kerry Cassidy, using the poster's name of "Bill Ryan - Project Camelot." That is an impersonation of the real Bill Ryan. Any ordinary reader will likely think that the real Bill Ryan made that post.

Clearly also that post regarding Kerry Cassidy insults both her, and Bill for appearing to make it. With "dedicated" fans like that, who needs enemies ?

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Alexis (11th March 2013), Bill Ryan (12th March 2013), Chester (14th March 2013), Christine (12th March 2013), Fred Steeves (11th March 2013), Ivanhoe (12th March 2013), kanishk (12th March 2013), Limor Wolf (12th March 2013), ljwheat (11th March 2013), Padmé (11th March 2013), WhiteFeather (12th March 2013), Wind (11th March 2013)

17. Link to Post #69
    Mauritius Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,420 times in 635 posts

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Hey Bill,

That´s pretty weird.

The page links to the real PA; The donations are linked to your donation page; 99% of the publications seems legit and lots of them are linked to real PA threads.

The only really bad publication is that one slamming Kerry, which is something I know you wouldn´t do. Anyway, it just doesn´t fit the pattern of the other publications on the same page; It seems that it was published deliberately to attract your attention.

So, I really wonder what´s the purpose of that page...

Folks, think twice before commenting or reporting that page; It might be an attempt to link PA anonymous nicknames to real facebook profiles.

Raf.
    Raf.. You're spot on. After visiting that page I now know the real names of some of my fellow Avalonians. Just as well I used a fake name here and there and everywhere..

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kersley For This Post:

Alexis (11th March 2013), Bill Ryan (12th March 2013), Chester (14th March 2013), Christine (12th March 2013), Gardener (11th March 2013), ljwheat (11th March 2013), RMorgan (11th March 2013), yukondiva (11th March 2013)

19. Link to Post #70
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    In that phrase you quote, they are not claiming to be Bill Ryan.

But elsewhere on that page, they post an insult of Kerry Cassidy, using the poster's name of "Bill Ryan - Project Camelot." That is an impersonation of the real Bill Ryan. Any ordinary reader will likely think that the real Bill Ryan made that post.

Clearly also that post regarding Kerry Cassidy insults both her, and Bill for appearing to make it. With "dedicated" fans like that, who needs enemies ?
    Totally agree, this should be stopped.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

21. Link to Post #71
    England Avalon Member learninglight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,695 times in 315 posts

Have posted this on the Avalon face book site hope it helps

as requested by Bill Ryan to post this here and also to ask that can whom ever set this site up please take it down because BILL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SITE. HE DID NOT SET IT UP AND WANTS IT KNOWN HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Bills own words on the REAL Project Avalon Forum This is not me, these are not my words, and this is not my page. I've never seen it before, and have never posted on it.

I do not use Facebook. I have no access to this account, and cannot edit it. It's an impersonation.

Those of you who are savvy Facebook users, please do what you can to get this account closed down. In addition, if you are willing, please post on it, prior to it being closed, to make this very clear that it's not my account. The words about Kerry shown above are not mine: I would never write anything like that.

My sincere thanks to all who can assist. ~~ Bill

I have posted on this site on facebook didn't know was fake, shall NOT be doing so anymore

Sharon

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to learninglight For This Post:

Alexis (11th March 2013), Bill Ryan (12th March 2013), Camilo (11th March 2013), Christine (12th March 2013), ljwheat (11th March 2013)

23. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

Another report to Facebook !
    Peace
    Alex
    " You must be the change you want to see in the world ". Mahatma Gandhi.
    Peace and Harmony

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexis For This Post:

25. Link to Post #73
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Alexis (here)
    Peace
    Alex
    Same here, I reported it to face book.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

27. Link to Post #74
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Cool Re: I (Bill) am being impersonated on Facebook.

Quote Posted by Alexis (here)
    Peace
    Alex
    Same here, I reported it to face book.

As did I Thrice!
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 11th March 2013 at 19:17.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

29. Link to Post #75
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

Anonymous may like that job Bill : 0 )

put up a flag, im sure they would help out

N

30. Link to Post #76
    United States Avalon Member baddbob's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,716 times in 388 posts

I also posted this on the facebook page
    This is a bogus facebook page and has nothing to do with Project Avalon. This is a quote from Bill Ryan "This is not me, these are not my words, and this is not my page. I've never seen it before, and have never posted on it.

I do not use Facebook. I have no access to this account, and cannot edit it. It's an impersonation".
    Ok the jokes over bring back the constitution

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to baddbob For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th March 2013), Christine (12th March 2013), ThePythonicCow (11th March 2013)

32. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

I found another Facebook group, called "Bill Ryan - Project Avalon". This group is also fake?

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rodrigo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th March 2013), Christine (12th March 2013), ThePythonicCow (11th March 2013)

34. Link to Post #78
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rodrigo (here)
    I found another Facebook group, called "Bill Ryan - Project Avalon". This group is also fake?
    Neither Bill Ryan nor this Project Avalon forum publish any such Avalon Facebook pages.

Some of the Facebook pages or groups with such names may be legitimate, personally managed, Project Avalon "fan sites". Prior to this last day, I had not been tracking any of these sites (or any other Facebook material), and don't know the intentions or history of them, past what we've seen this last day.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th March 2013), Chester (14th March 2013), Christine (12th March 2013)

36. Link to Post #79
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

Someone else brought this up... In all fairness to who ever started this FB page https://www.facebook.com/OfficialProjectAvalon (page was stated 12/18/2009 by the way) the below is posted in the "about this page" section...
    Quote Personal Information
    This group is dedicated to the legend that is Bill Ryan.

Bill Ryan has a BSc in Mathematics with Physics and Psychology (Bristol University, UK, 1974), and followed this with a brief stint in teaching. For 27 years he was a management consultant specializing in personal and team development, leadership training and executive coaching. Major long-term clients included BAe (Systems) Ltd (formerly British Aerospace), Hewlett-Packard, and PricewaterhouseCoopers.

In November 2005 he inaugurated the Project Serpo website, the report of an alleged disclosure, in stages, of a US-alien exchange program which took place over 40 years ago. While he had been interested in UFOs, Free Energy research and alternative medicine (he is trained as a kinesiologist) for over thirty years, his first contact with the UFO community at large occurred after establishing the Serpo website. He resigned his management consultancy post in May 2006 and now devotes all his time to Project Camelot.
    Bill Ryan is currently based in Europe and Kerry Cassidy[co-founder of Project Camelot] lives near Los Angeles. Contrary to most people's very natural assumptions, they are not a couple. United in their vision and purpose, and working as the closest friends, they travel and network as widely as possible in search of truth and reliable testimony to answer what may be the most important questions of our time.
    However I am in agreement that the title of the page is misleading it would be better if the title reflected it being a fan page...

Much love!

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th March 2013), Christine (12th March 2013), Limor Wolf (12th March 2013), ljwheat (11th March 2013), peterspm (12th March 2013), ThePythonicCow (11th March 2013)

38. Link to Post #80
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kimberley (here)
    However I am in agreement that the title of the page is misleading it would be better if the title reflected it being a fan page...
    The "investigation is still in process", but my current best guess is that it was a fan page, but recently morphed into a deliberate provocation.

The odds are good that my "best guess" will also morph, as we learn more.

P.S. -- I thought you meant the title of this present thread was misleading. Now on second reading, I suspect you meant that the title of that Facebook page was misleading. I'll agree to that! The current title of that Facebook page is misleading.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 11th March 2013 at 20:07.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th March 2013), Christine (12th March 2013), Snookie (11th March 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 4 10 LastLast