+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 9 10 LastLast

Thread: I (Bill) am being impersonated on Facebook.

1. Link to Post #161
    Canada Avalon Member Daughter of Time's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,705 times in 1,092 posts

Default Re: I (Bill) am being impersonated on Facebook.

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    I understand the answer; however, the "actually" implies there are actual data available to sort out speculations.
    I read things the other way around.

I read Daughter of Time's earlier post as making the claim that barring exceptional hacking skills, this Chelley posting on Facebook must be the one we knew as 9eagle9.

I read Anchor as observing we don't actually know that this is so, given what facts are available so far.

Had that been all that had been said (it wasn't) then the burden of providing actual data would have been on Daughter of Time, as it was she who made the strong claim, not on Anchor, who only noted the absence of sufficient data so far to support that claim.
    This is my last post on this issue. I saw Anchor's post as Amzer Zo did and not as you did, Paul - no offence meant! Interpretation can be a stickler.

I am naive when it comes to technology and did not realize that one could possibly open a facebook account with another person's name and photograph. I merely reported what I saw on the fake page as I saw it. I was simply reporting information and there are other details about those posts and facebook page which I will not get into because I do not wish to perpetuate this drama which ultimately is about whoever is responsible for the fake page and not about the people who posted on it.

May I respectfully suggest that we end this issue now? I've certainly had enough of it and it's really not serving anyone nor anything.

I just hope the fake page gets closed and some degree of peace is restored.

Apologies if I've offended anyone.

Sincerely,

Daughter of Time
    Last edited by Daughter of Time; 13th March 2013 at 05:31.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daughter of Time For This Post:

Hazel (16th March 2013), Hervé (13th March 2013), Kristin (13th March 2013), Ol' Roy (13th March 2013), ThePythonicCow (13th March 2013)

3. Link to Post #162
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,457 times in 21,498 posts

Quote Posted by Daughter of Time (here)
    This is my last post on this issue. I saw Anchor's post as Amzer Zo did and not as you did, Paul - no offence meant! Interpretation can be a stickler.
    That's cool

Quote Posted by Daughter of Time (here)
    May I respectfully suggest that we end this issue now? I've certainly had enough of it and it's really not serving anyone nor anything.
    That's cool too
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Daughter of Time (13th March 2013), Hazel (16th March 2013)

5. Link to Post #163
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Hey Bill,

That´s pretty weird.

The page links to the real PA; The donations are linked to your donation page; 99% of the publications seems legit and lots of them are linked to real PA threads.

The only really bad publication is that one slamming Kerry, which is something I know you wouldn´t do. Anyway, it just doesn´t fit the pattern of the other publications on the same page; It seems that it was published deliberately to attract your attention.
    Yes, it is weird.

So far as I can tell, looking at some old forum data I have (backroom mod posts and such) Lyricus, a member here, has been doing this Facebook page for some years, as well as a Facebook group. It seems that (trying to read minds from two or three years ago) Lyricus mentioned this to Bill, but that it was a brief enough mention that Bill did not even notice this OfficialProjectAvalon page, just the "group" (whatever that is, I can't see that Facebook page.)

Apparently, that proceeded along well enough, with almost no conscious awareness of any of the current mod team (one member did mention it to me many months ago, but I had forgotten they had done so, until earlier this week when they reminded me they had done so), with no further thought from Bill, and with no controversy, until these latest events.

The most recent post by Lyricus on this here Project Avalon forum was over a year ago. I have seen no evidence that Lyricus is even aware of this present controversy, outside of "someone" logging in as him on Facebook to make the controversial post insulting Kerry Cassidy, captured in the screen shot in Bill's opening post on this thread.

I have not looked at other related pages on Facebook outside of what shows in just that screen shot. I do not have a Facebook account. I did, once, but shut it down entirely. Therefore I cannot see Facebook pages that require logging in to Facebook.

Two (at least) key things are unknown to me at this time:
    1. Is the one who made the controversial Facebook post about Kerry, impersonating Bill, the same person who is the (rather inactive) member Lyricus on this forum, who used to maintain that Facebook account?
    2. Did that "OfficialProjectAvalon" Facebook account always rather blatantly impersonate Bill as it does now?
    I cannot yet rule out the possibility that that Facebook account has been hacked in recent times. All it would take, I suppose, is a sufficiently weak password on the account itself, or on whatever email account could be used to recover that Facebook account's password. A google search for "hack facebook password" suggests to me (I have not tried this, and do not recommend it) that such efforts are not that difficult, depending on how strong a password is on the account.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 13th March 2013 at 06:54.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Daughter of Time (13th March 2013), Hazel (16th March 2013), Hervé (13th March 2013), Kristin (13th March 2013), RMorgan (13th March 2013), soleil (13th March 2013)

7. Link to Post #164
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I cannot yet rule out the possibility that that Facebook account has been hacked in recent times.
    A few months ago, a critical security bug was fixed in Facebook that made it particularly easy to hack Facebook accounts. See further http://chingshiong.blogspot.in/2013/...ord-reset.html

Even having a strong password on both your Facebook account and associated email account was not enough to avoid this one.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Daughter of Time (13th March 2013), Hazel (16th March 2013), Hervé (13th March 2013), Kristin (13th March 2013), Referee (13th March 2013), RMorgan (13th March 2013), write4change (13th March 2013)

9. Link to Post #165
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    I understand the answer; however, the "actually" implies there are actual data available to sort out speculations.
    Had that been all that had been said (it wasn't) then the burden of providing actual data would have been on Daughter of Time, as it was she who made the strong claim, not on Anchor, who only noted the absence of sufficient data so far to support that claim.
    This is where the divergence occurs: DoT provided her evidence by checking the (alleged) Chelley Parks Facebook page from her poster's avatar link on the comments below Bill's impersonator's declaration and, providing that said Chelley Parks page is not a fake (hacked), then Chelley Parks is indeed 9eagle9.... where is the logic flaw in that?

However, Anchor in stating that the second part of the proposition "is actually wrong" implies that he is privy of data that disprove that particular second proposition... hence, my asking what are those implied data.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Anchor (13th March 2013), Daughter of Time (13th March 2013), gigha (13th March 2013), Kristin (13th March 2013), ThePythonicCow (13th March 2013)

11. Link to Post #166
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

Amzer Zo, Paul's interpretation is well aligned with what I meant.

To answer your question I am not privy to information that can put all the speculation to an end.

Facebook has many many accounts that are sock puppets and fake. I don't use facebook anymore, but back when it started you didn't even need an account to read it. Now you do so most people created an "alter" just to explore the system - I even did that a couple of years ago, but I forgot what I called it. I have no interest in going on facebook anymore.

So I know its possible to create a fake account because I have done it. It is getting harder, because now they are actively trying to get people to use "real" names. The policies are changing. I expect that soon you wont be able to keep using the system unless you can prove your ID - but at the same time they will do this gradually and it will be linked with all the other plans TPTB have for identity management. Right now though, there is no telling what is fake and what is not with that system.

Final thing to say: Everything has a reason. I kind of like the idea that facebook has had this spotlight put on it by Avalon. I hope it exposes weaknesses in that system, which is, IMO, up to no good.
    Last edited by Anchor; 13th March 2013 at 07:56.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

gigha (13th March 2013), Hazel (16th March 2013), Hervé (13th March 2013), Kristin (13th March 2013), Referee (13th March 2013), ThePythonicCow (13th March 2013)

13. Link to Post #167
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,050 times in 3,027 posts

Felt the urge to check a few energy quatations this morning:

Genius is that energy which collects, combines, amplifies, and animates.
    - Samuel Johnson

Do you remember the things you were worrying about a year ago? How did they work out?
    Didn't you waste a lot of fruitless energy on account of most of them? Didn't most of them turn
    out all right after all?
    - Dale Carnegie

Energy flows where attention goes
    - Michael Backwith

Our energy is in proportion to the resistance it meets.
    - William Hazlitt

A strong, successful man is not the victim of his environment. He creates favorable conditions.
    His own inherent force and energy compel things to turn out as he desires.
    - Orison Swett Marden

Too many of us are hung up on what we don't have, can't have, or won't ever have. We spend too much
    energy being down, when we could use that same energy - if not less of it - doing, or at least trying to do,
    some of the things we really want to do.
    - Terry McMilan

Not so out of topic as it might appears to be
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 13th March 2013 at 07:15.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Anchor (13th March 2013), Butangeld (14th March 2013), Christine (14th March 2013), Daughter of Time (13th March 2013), fourty-two (13th March 2013), Hazel (16th March 2013), Jean-Luc (13th March 2013), Kristin (13th March 2013), Mercedes (17th March 2013), Ol' Roy (13th March 2013), sigma6 (13th March 2013)

15. Link to Post #168
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,729 times in 2,903 posts

Quote Posted by sigma6 (here)
    I am feeling inspired. So this will be a memorable place to put another post on my continuing extrapolation of my "opinions" on trust interpretation. from the example at the previous link #128
    This is feeling to me like a bit of a digression from the central topic of this thread, and also like not the best place to further pursue your analysis of trust interpretation.

Can you think of a better place for this ... perhaps a new and separate thread, or perhaps an existing thread, either way leaving behind a link and a few inviting words on this thread, for those who find, as you do, the connection in topics to be especially relevant?

I'm willing to do the thread split and post moving, if I knew where best to put things.
    Now you really have me puzzled here. It's your opinion that understanding the underlying principles of why and how to take control a third party such as FACEBOOK, who is holding the information (intellectual property) pertaining to Bill's NAME isn't relevant? On a thread about someone impersonating Bill's NAME and creating a false representation. This isn't "relevant" enough for you?

Is this because you don't "understand" or because you don't "agree"???
    or is it because you don't understand that you don't agree?

And is it necessary to tear apart someone's post every time you don't agree with their opinion or contribution? Surely each post and contribution has a value, that might not be immediately accessible to you. Try contemplating on the implications of what is being said. There is practical advice in there too. I am open to clarification if there is anything that might open your mind to the possibilities that I am trying to share here. I wrote it here, because I saw a situation of potential application. These principles are sound, and with references from many others. You may have to contemplate it a little, but do try and see the application.

Have you ever considered that there's a bigger world out there then you know?... and nothing I can do about that one!
    Last edited by sigma6; 14th March 2013 at 04:28.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

16. Link to Post #169
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

Ok, I re-looked at what I wrote and Amzer Zo does have a point and I agree my wording was woolly on this. Accordingly I updated my post with a note to that effect.

It seems like I got out of tune this particular thing and don't know why I got involved.

Sorry.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Daughter of Time (13th March 2013), Hervé (13th March 2013), ThePythonicCow (13th March 2013)

18. Link to Post #170
    United States Avalon Member Darla Ken Pearce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,609 times in 1,338 posts

As a member of Facebook, I posted:

Darla Ken Pearce posted to Bill Ryan - Project Camelot

about a minute ago

Bill Ryan, the authentic one says: "This is not me, these are not my words, and this is not my page. I've never seen it before, and have never posted on it.

I do not use Facebook. I have no access to this account, and cannot edit it. It's an impersonation.

Those of you who are savvy Facebook users, please do what you can to get this account closed down. In addition, if you are willing, please post on it, prior to it being closed, to make this very clear that it's not my account. The words about Kerry shown above are not mine: I would never write anything like that.

My sincere thanks to all who can assist. ~~ Bill"

As a member of Project Avalon and Project Camelot ~ I can attest that whoever created this Facebook page is fictitious and up to mischief... Bill Ryan and Kerry Cassidy have the utmost respect for each other and have nothing to do with this page. They are long-time colleagues who do not speak ill of each other. ~ Darla Ken Pearce ~
    Ep 6:12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Even so, let your light shine and keep it real...

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Darla Ken Pearce For This Post:

Camilo (13th March 2013), DeDukshyn (13th March 2013), fifi (17th March 2013), Gardener (14th March 2013), gigha (13th March 2013), Hervé (13th March 2013), Kristin (13th March 2013), Limor Wolf (13th March 2013), Qilady (14th April 2013), sigma6 (14th March 2013), Spirithorse (18th March 2013), Wind (14th March 2013)

20. Link to Post #171
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

So far as I can tell, looking at some old forum data ...
    I cannot yet rule out the possibility that that Facebook account has been hacked ...
    In my opinion:

There are 3 people involved:
    1. the original page's admin (a Bill and Kerry admirer)
    2. the page's hijacker, the person that posted the libelous BS about Kerry

I would guess that Chelley, is not #1 or #2, but still reads Avalon, saw the flare-up, and decided to use that venue to take swipes at Avalon members in general, and with a recent post, directly at Bill.

Avalon members have done all they can do. FB doesn't notice or care, and may or may not take down the page, (or maybe even the single libelous post), but there is probably nothing more that Avalon members can do. Time to let this fade out, and get back to who built the pyramids and whether David Rockefeller and Evelyn de Rothchilds are going to overtly or just covertly rule the world.

Over and out.

Dennis

21. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Christine (14th March 2013), Chrononaut (13th March 2013), Daughter of Time (13th March 2013), David Trd1 (13th April 2013), DeDukshyn (13th March 2013), donk (13th March 2013), Fred Steeves (13th March 2013), gigha (13th March 2013), greybeard (13th March 2013), Hervé (13th March 2013), Kristin (13th March 2013), Ol' Roy (13th March 2013), sigma6 (14th March 2013), ThePythonicCow (13th March 2013), toothpick (15th March 2013), Wind (14th March 2013)

22. Link to Post #172
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

Quote Now you do so most people created an "alter" just to explore the system - I even did that a couple of years ago, but I forgot what I called it.
    Heh, you reminded me of mine: Haywood Jablowmee, incidentally, the reason that I had to give up my old email address, as Facebook kept suggesting who the esteemed Mr. Jablowmee should be friends with.

That said, excellent post Dennis, let's put this one to bed...

23. Link to Post #173
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    So far as I can tell, looking at some old forum data ...
    I cannot yet rule out the possibility that that Facebook account has been hacked ...
    In my opinion:

There are 3 people involved:
    1. the original page's admin (a Bill and Kerry admirer)
    2. the page's hijacker, the person that posted the libelous BS about Kerry

I would guess that Chelley, is not #1 or #2, but still reads Avalon, saw the flare-up, and decided to use that venue to take swipes at Avalon members in general, and with a recent post, directly at Bill.

Avalon members have done all they can do. FB doesn't notice or care, and may or may not take down the page, (or maybe even the single libelous post), but there is probably nothing more that Avalon members can do. Time to let this fade out, and get back to who built the pyramids and whether David Rockefeller and Evelyn de Rothchilds are going to overtly or just covertly rule the world.

Over and out.

Dennis
    Why doesn't someone here ask her. Some amongst us can contact her no???

She is very bright and not THAT vindictive. My bet is this is not her, she is not that stupid. Look lower in the echelon of wisdom, much lower, but good enough to know how to deal with technologies. Someone who has a blog, a website, something. I have seen GW site, it is a cruelty of vindictiveness. I would check there, i would check three letters alphabets if one can, I would check god knows who, but someone who knew lyricus had a facebook page.

- and for those tempted, no it is not Richard and Céline, Céline is dealing with cancer right now and they have no time for this. In case you would think that way.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Carmody (16th March 2013), Kristin (13th March 2013)

25. Link to Post #174
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,004 times in 2,540 posts

I'm sorry to hear about Celine going through so much. My Mom just beat cancer a few months ago. All the best to her healing. Sorry to be off topic.

From the Heart,
    Kristin

Flash, this will all fade out. You are correct in my opinion.
    Last edited by Kristin; 13th March 2013 at 23:27.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

Carmody (16th March 2013), DeDukshyn (13th March 2013), Flash (14th March 2013), Limor Wolf (14th March 2013), ThePythonicCow (14th March 2013), Tommy (14th March 2013)

27. Link to Post #175
    Norway Senior Administrator Tommy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,574 times in 371 posts

Hi,

I made a post on our (Camelot's) Facebook page asking people to report the fake page in question. We have about 13.000 "likes" on our page, so I really hope a lot of them reported it!

And I thought I would answer this one:

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Hey folks,
    Anyway, I´m just curious here; Is there any truth about what he/she is saying regarding Henry Deacon´s name being used to promote Project Camelot´s event without his proper authorization?

I know some people here are close to Kerry and Project Camelot, so I would really like to hear the other side of this story.

Cheers,

Raf.
    Hi,

No truth at all (in anything of that post!)

I have spoken to Arthur/Henry myself and he agreed to speak before we even put him on the poster. He will also do a lecture (1 hour I think) and there will be time for questions later as well

Interesting line up too, and if this is not resolved by the time of the conference I am sure we will have time to address the issue to the audience to get them on their FB accounts and help out.. Though I really hope this get's sorted way before then.

Take care all

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tommy For This Post:

Debra (17th March 2013), Flash (17th March 2013), Gardener (14th March 2013), Kindling (14th March 2013), Kristin (14th March 2013), Limor Wolf (14th March 2013), Padmé (14th March 2013), RMorgan (16th March 2013), sigma6 (16th March 2013)

29. Link to Post #176
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Bill, I will see if I can delete this false FB account. If enough of our people do this and list a warning of future false sites like this, it might just be a ploy used by the remaining elite that are not contained to discredit our org.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Saucernut2 For This Post:

Flash (17th March 2013)

31. Link to Post #177
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,269 times in 905 posts

Quote Posted by Saucernut2 (here)
    Bill, I will see if I can delete this false FB account. If enough of our people do this and list a warning of future false sites like this, it might just be a ploy used by the remaining elite that are not contained to discredit our org.
    go go Power Rangers!!

sorry, couldn't resist this one

32. Link to Post #178
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,574 times in 692 posts

Limor... am inspired enough to comment that I really enjoy your grounded, yet spiritually aligned responses in the posts you've authored in the many threads i've seen
    Seems to me you are an Alpha voice of the discerning, intuitive, nurturing feminine here on Avalon...

Hope my gratitude will not be misplaced.. and taken as it is in the moment...

as you so well utilised in the quote from Samuel Johnson:

"Genious is that energy which collects, combines, amplifies and animates"

H.
    Last edited by Hazel; 16th March 2013 at 12:08.

33. Link to Post #179
    United States Avalon Member Warlock's Avatar
    Thanks

We are in a war.
    Those who are opposed will sink to the lowest levels possible to try and sabotage whoever they feel is doing them the greatest harm.

I know this is bad, but this is how you know Bill and Kerry are honestly trying to expose as much truth as they can.

Warlock
    Ignorance is Bliss

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Warlock For This Post:

Flash (17th March 2013)

35. Link to Post #180
    England Avalon Member DevilPigeon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,421 times in 560 posts

Quote Posted by Saucernut2 (here)
    Are you Mark Zuckerberg...? You can tell us, you're amongst friends here
    "Stop getting Bond wrong!" (Alan Partridge)

36. The Following User Says Thank You to DevilPigeon For This Post:

Anchor (17th March 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 9 10 LastLast