+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question Regarding Alkaline Water

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Question Regarding Alkaline Water

Supposedly, I'm to post this in the Alternative Medicine section, but due to my rank, I can't post it there, so I have to do it here. Sorry about that.

Anyway, someone told me that taking alkaline water on a regular basis will help lower blood sugar as well as cholesterol. in addition, its effects boost if it is used in concoctions such as mixing it with blended parsley and cilantro and boiling it before drinking. I wanted to try this, until I realized I can't buy that type of water in my local pharmacy, not to mention getting a kit to make one costs an arm and a leg.

so i'm wondering if anyone out there can tell me if there's a 'poor man's' version of alkaline water that i can make at home without the use of kits or whatsoever and exactly how safe is taking it. i've heard stuff like Gatorade and Pedialyte are ionized water, but i'm not sure if that is true.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to william6565william For This Post:

4evrneo (19th March 2013), Kristo (13th March 2013), shadowstalker (13th March 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,429 times in 21,488 posts

Default Re: Question Regarding Alkaline Water

Quote Posted by william6565william (here)
    Supposedly, I'm to post this in the Alternative Medicine section, but due to my rank, I can't post it there, so I have to do it here. Sorry about that.
    I just moved this thread over to the Alternative Medicine & Sciences for you.

Take heart -- you won't have that problem of being limited in posting forums anymore. This post of yours was the magic 11-th post, which made you a full member. Welcome! .
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

4evrneo (19th March 2013), Kristo (13th March 2013), seko (11th March 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Ireland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

cut straight to the point.... PISS.... https://youtube.com/watch?v=_msWt...yer_detailpage

its magic

6. The Following User Says Thank You to childs hood end For This Post:

Kimberley (19th March 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,429 times in 21,488 posts

Quote Posted by william6565william (here)
    so i'm wondering if anyone out there can tell me if there's a 'poor man's' version of alkaline water that i can make at home without the use of kits or whatsoever and exactly how safe is taking it.
    This fellow explains ionizing water filters, which are fancy (expensive at least) kit that purport to separate your water into acid and alkaline water:

What he says makes good sense to me about those kits.

The key to water in my book is to either
    1. find a good natural source of water, such as from an artesian well, or
    2. "make" good water, by first removing the bad stuff, then adding some good stuff.

If your main water source is from a typical utility, then the "bad" stuff includes a wide variety of water soluble pollutants, such as the neighbors pharmaceuticals, fertilizer and pesticide runoff, chlorine and its byproducts, fluoride, heavy metals, ...

If your main water source is from a well, then the "bad" stuff might not include chlorine or fluoride, but might include more bacteria.

Do the best you can, given your budget and what's in your water, to clean it up.

Then add in some good minerals, as the body prefers the natural mineralization such as is found in clean mountain spring water (does such still exist on this planet?) to the mineral deprived forms such as distilled water.

Your body requires having certain minerals, such as the electrolytes sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium, plus sulfates, and quite a variety of more rare minerals, to be in solution in the fluids in your body. Your body will pull these minerals out of its reserves (such as out of your bones, weakening them) if it has to, in order to maintain the concentrations required to support life. So make it easier on your body by providing a rough approximation of the various minerals it wants in your body's water, as part of your drinking water.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

4evrneo (19th March 2013), Kristo (13th March 2013), mosquito (12th March 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Totally agree with the need for minerals, but you can also get them from making bone soup. See Paleo Diet Forums for lots more on the subject.
    I make bone soup using grass fed beef marrow bones (3-4 pounds to almost a gallon of distilled water). Throw it in a crock pot for 15-24 hours (some people - not me - add a tablespoon of vinegar to pull even more calcium out of the bones). I also do the same with 5 pounds of chicken backs. Nothing else, just bones and water (and salt added before of after - depends on how much of a purist you are about pulling every last possible bit of mineral goodness out of the bones).

The broth is amazingly tasty and healthful and really full of minerals in bio-available form.

As to alkaline water ... I've tried it and it made no appreciable or even detectable difference that I could feel in my body.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fourty-two For This Post:

meat suit (12th March 2013), mosquito (12th March 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

Alkaline water is the begining, but it won't do much if the major part of what you eat is acidic.
    I have been on an alkaline detox diet now for a month, I lost 15 pounds, lowered my blodd pressure to normal, have tons of energy, healthy skintone glow, clear mind, deep sleep nights and I just turned 46...
    The akaline "diet" is more like a way of life.
    When I started, I craved all the acid foods I loved, but if you give yourself 2 weeks minimum, your taste buds and appetites change totally.
    After a month, the benifits are so huge and fast changing that I can now say I will be adopting this way of life and it will be easy!
    OH and I did NOT have to workout to loose the weight.
    In fact, its recommended to get plenty of relax time so to let the body use all the energy to detox.
    Here is how it works...
    If you have a very acidic lifestyle which includes stress, nutrition,no sleep, you know, the typical slave routine, then the body cannot remove the acid in your blood fast enough, it can't keep up.
    Its trying to save your life as you cannot go on with such acid levels in the blood, so it takes the ultimate option:
    It builds fat sells and uses those as storage bins for your acidic toxins. When in the fat, these toxins have nowhere to go and so they don't go in the blood and your body just saved your life once more.
    Of coarse we all know what the fat surplus can do but thats another story.
    SO
    When you decide to finally do the right thing, the body has all the energy and will get to work right away to remove the toxins from the fat.
    So loosing weight is just a side effect of detoxing!
    Now, I have to say, if you are 20-30 pounds over weight you will "suffer" the detox symptoms which will come in waves.
    The first 3-4 days are the very worst days of your life I swear..
    You get a massive toxin buildup in the blood and you then remove those by a couple of ways: urine,sweat,temporary diarehia, bad breath because the toxins come out of the tongue and the lungs.
    So fore the first few days, its like having a massive flu attack.
    Plan out those days so that you can do nothing but drink alkaline water,sleep,rest,crap and sigh

but then the rewards come in fast,
    you rapidly get over the first days and then you suddenly have more energy and better skin tone.

The absolute trick to all this is to keep your body very alkaline for the whole period, I just did one month, will do another and then I will be at my healthy sexy body weight and by then it will be a lifestyle for me!
    The best way I found, at least this is my experience, but I researched alot and its works great.....is to eat green superfood.
    Its simple, its powdered green vegetables, you get a little spoon in the container and you take a dose first thing in the morning and one for supper.
    Search for what raw vegetables are alkaline. Cucumbers and celery are on the top list, avocados too..., any salad.
    So I got in the habit of taking one superfood dose in the morning, munch on those vegetables if I need to and another dose for supper.
    Now if you are used to all the greasy good stuff, this sounds very boring, but the thing is, whats one month or two in a lifetime?
    Trust me its worth it!
    After that month, your answer to the question won't be the same as now.
    I also decided to eliminate all wheat from my life. I did not know it but found out why I was always so bloated, I had a gluten intolerance.
    I found great recipies to replace wheat bread and there are tons of suggestions out there to still enjoy great food but all healthy.
    I won't be eating prefab food ever now , its just so bad!
    For the water, lemon juice is great as it will turn alkaline when in the body, but I found it easier to render the water even more alkaline, about 8-9 om the scale by adding baking soda to my filtered water. Not the supermarket kind which has aluminium, but the natural stuff you can find at natural food stores.

Last thing I can say is that after maybe 2 weeks, when you take that morning green superfood dose, you feel all warm and fuzzy because now your body is so sensitive to what goes in and the body thanks you by giving you that nice fuzzy buzz.
    I tried an experiment 2 days ago, I ate a few sugar glazed pecans, a handful......that was such a mistake!
    I felt so bad, now I can recognize what toxins feel like, it was so bad, but very useful as now I know...
    cheers

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

fifi (12th March 2013), gaiagirl (12th March 2013), genevieve (12th March 2013), Kristo (21st March 2013), meat suit (12th March 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by fourty-two (here)
    Totally agree with the need for minerals, but you can also get them from making bone soup. See Paleo Diet Forums for lots more on the subject.
    I make bone soup using grass fed beef marrow bones (3-4 pounds to almost a gallon of distilled water). Throw it in a crock pot for 15-24 hours (some people - not me - add a tablespoon of vinegar to pull even more calcium out of the bones). I also do the same with 5 pounds of chicken backs. Nothing else, just bones and water (and salt added before of after - depends on how much of a purist you are about pulling every last possible bit of mineral goodness out of the bones).

The broth is amazingly tasty and healthful and really full of minerals in bio-available form.

As to alkaline water ... I've tried it and it made no appreciable or even detectable difference that I could feel in my body.
    This also yeilds a good amount of gelatin, which is very good for joint and bone health.

I'm confused on the pH issue. Exactly what does alkaline or acid do to the body? The blood must always be within a very narrow range of 7.2 to 7.6 or something like that. Outside that range and you are dead. So what might alkaline water change? Cell fluid?
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Quote Posted by fourty-two (here)

This also yeilds a good amount of gelatin, which is very good for joint and bone health.

I'm confused on the pH issue. Exactly what does alkaline or acid do to the body? The blood must always be within a very narrow range of 7.2 to 7.6 or something like that. Outside that range and you are dead. So what might alkaline water change? Cell fluid?
    There is alot of water in our blood, its like a building block base for blood. So alkaline water helps build healty blood cells that makes healthy blood.
    Its also about the electric component of alkaline water. If you look at acidic blood, all the cells are clumped together which makes it more difficult for the organs to benifit from the blood. Correctly electrically charged water makes correctly individual blood cells that then are free in the plasma and can do a better job feeding your body.
    Something like that!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Olam For This Post:

conk (13th March 2013)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)

2. "make" good water, by first removing the bad stuff, then adding some good stuff.
    In my opinion this is exceedingly important. Many, many people have bought into things like drinking distilled water or reverse osmosis water without replacing minerals and such. This is INCREDIBLY damaging to your body. Water will ALWAYS seek balance. It craves those minerals, too, and will suck them out of your body to replace them if you are drinking either of those types of water.

Very dangerous and in my opinion, very irresponsible of the people selling such systems.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to happyexpat For This Post:

ThePythonicCow (19th March 2013)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

Quote Posted by happyexpat (here)
    Quote Posted by Paul (here)

In my opinion this is exceedingly important. Many, many people have bought into things like drinking distilled water or reverse osmosis water without replacing minerals and such. This is INCREDIBLY damaging to your body. Water will ALWAYS seek balance. It craves those minerals, too, and will suck them out of your body to replace them if you are drinking either of those types of water.

Very dangerous and in my opinion, very irresponsible of the people selling such systems.
    There are many of us that totally disagree with you ... Andrew Norton Weber has been drinking only distilled water/s for many years and so have many many other people...I have only been at it for 6 months however I personally know several people that drink only distilled water/s. People are being healed by going on distilled water fasts and drinking distilled water/s

Here is whole thread on distilled water/s that has been here on Avalon for almost three years now.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-best-medicine...

Much love!

+ Reply to Thread