+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heart disease present in ancient mummies

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member baddbob's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,716 times in 388 posts

Default Heart disease present in ancient mummies

Fatty arteries may not just be a curse of modern unhealthy lifestyles, say researchers who used scans to look at the heart health of mummies.

A study in The Lancet of 137 mummies up to 4,000 years old found a third had signs of atherosclerosis.

Most people associate the disease, which leads to heart attacks and strokes, with modern lifestyle factors such as smoking and obesity.

But the findings may suggest a more basic human pre-disposition.

Previous studies have uncovered atherosclerosis in a significant number of Egyptian mummies but it had been speculated that they would have come from a higher social class and may have had luxurious diets high in saturated fat.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote
    We can't change the past, but lifestyle choices can help to affect our future”
    End Quote
    Maureen Talbot

Senior cardiac nurse at the British Heart Foundation

To try and get a better picture of how prevalent the disease was in ancient populations, the researchers used CT scans to look at mummies from Egypt, Peru, southwest America, and the Aleutian Islands in Alaska.

They found that 47 or 34% showed signs of definite or probably atherosclerosis......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21739193

http://www.examiner.com/article/sign...ncient-mummies
    Last edited by baddbob; 12th March 2013 at 14:44.
    Ok the jokes over bring back the constitution

2. Link to Post #2
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,050 times in 3,027 posts

Default Re: Heart disease present in ancient mummies

Hi Baddbob, Wade Frazier is a much valued person here in Avalon, his life experience with the attempt to promote free Energy full-fledged and being groomed to be a scientists gave him an extensive look on science. He posted his comment about this research yesterday:

Quote Originally posted by Wade Frazier: "Well, I was just about to shut down my computer and saw this article, and really have a hard time believing that researchers can be that blind about hardening of the arteries, calling it some normal aging process:

http://news.yahoo.com/ancient-mummie...021333966.html

It is “normal” for all humans that got away from their natural diet, which is mostly fruit. At least they acknowledge that wild chimpanzees don’t get hardening of the arteries. While books are banned that show how hardening of the arteries is about getting away from our natural diets:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/medicine.htm#banned

“research” like that tries to make the case that hardening of the arteries is a normal aging process. When I see crap like that, I can see Godzilla's sardonic grin in the background, like the Cheshire Cat, happy to see how stupid we are.

One of the main upshots of FE is that everybody on Earth would quickly have access to live food, mainly fruit, and clean water, etc., and then all of our degenerative diseases could disappear almost overnight"
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post646732

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

baddbob (13th March 2013)

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

While I doubt this story's truthfulness, I don't believe that fruit is a mainstay of man's diet. Too much fruit is bad news for any of us. Perhaps he is using a different definition of fruit. I'll give him that (as if he needed my approval.... )
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

5. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 times in 818 posts

I think the diet of the Elite would have been much more unhealthy than the ordinary Egyptian, so its not surprising the mummy is showing these signs.
    “There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” -- Carl Jung

"To see the farm is to leave the farm."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mulder For This Post:

8. Link to Post #5
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

It feels like a "See it's probably not caused by fatty food's so dont worry about clogged arteries keep smoking/eating our great fatty foods/poisons!!!"

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,979 times in 781 posts

My understanding is that the Egyptians were among the first to cultivate wheat. There was no heart disease in the Inuit who thrived on a diet of blubber and meat until sugar and wheat were introduced...Dr. Weston A. Price made the same observations about indigenous populations the world over...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Strat (13th March 2013)

11. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

Limor- Do you know that in fact chimpanzees really enjoy eating meat? They will even kill it themselves if it is an easy kill. They are in fact omnivores, as are we.

It is also true that the diet of ancient hunter communities seems to have been healthier than the diet of the early farmers who followed them. The hunters seem to have left behind healthier skeletons and teeth!
    Last edited by Ellisa; 13th March 2013 at 06:21.

+ Reply to Thread