+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast

Thread: Especially for women...

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks

Default Re: Especially for women...

Okay this post has nothing to do with bras and guys brace yourself for a more intimate post; since it is called "especially for women" I thought Id share something which had been invaluable to me being a woman. So I went to an alternative boarding school in India and one of the things that I loved the most was the community amongst the women there and one thing I learned was that honey can really help with yeast infections or any mild types of discomforts, like itchiness or dryness. It has saved me couple of visits to the gynecologist.

You just pretty much apply it topically before you shower and leave it on for 5 minutes or so. Just make sure its organic and has no additives.
    I'm not exactly yet sure why it works yet but its worked for me and many other women I know.

Just thought Id share and I'm really loving the energy in this thread and also the supportive remarks of all the guys that have left a comment! Its really great thank you for starting this thread.

http://femaleurologyaz.blogspot.com....-can-help.html

http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/yeast-infection.html
    Last edited by Satkirn; 20th March 2013 at 12:11. Reason: adding link

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Satkirn For This Post:

4evrneo (20th March 2013), Chester (3rd April 2013), EsmaEverheart (20th March 2013), eva08 (15th April 2013), Hazel (20th March 2013), Healthy Skeptic (1st April 2013), Kindling (21st March 2013), Phoenix1304 (7th April 2013), RunningDeer (20th March 2013), Samsara (20th March 2013), Student_Energy_Healer (21st March 2013)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,998 times in 449 posts

Having nothing to do with bras, but as an addition to Satkirn's helpful post, since, as she said, this is a thread especially for us gals, I'd like to add a tea recipe for cystitis (aka: bladder infection).

You know you probably have a bladder infection when you have a constant ache in your lower abdomen, you feel like you have to pee very frequently, at the end of peeing it feels like a lance is piercing you, and sometimes the infection gets so bad that there's blood in your urine.

CYSTITIS HERBAL TEA

Boil 3 cups of water.
    Turn down heat to simmer.
    Add 1 Tablespoon echinacea.
    Cover.
    Simmer 20 minutes.
    Remove from heat.

Add 1 1/2 tsps of Herb Mix:
    Herb Mix:
    1 1/2 teaspoons juniper berries
    1 Tablespoon yarrow flowers
    1 Tablespoon uva ursi
    1 Tablespoon cornsilk (or 8 drops of cornsilk extract)
    Stir.
    Cover.
    Let steep for 15 minutes.

Drink 1 cup each day for 10-14 days.

Pain will probably subside quickly (within two days), but you MUST
    keep drinking the tea for 10-14 days in order to kill the infection.

This tea has worked for people (men, too) who had bladder infections for
    as long as six months (!) and were getting nowhere with pharmaceuticals,
    so don't despair. Try it!

Peace Love Joy & Harmony,
    Genevieve

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to genevieve For This Post:

Chester (3rd April 2013), EsmaEverheart (21st March 2013), eva08 (15th April 2013), Hazel (20th March 2013), Kindling (21st March 2013), RunningDeer (20th March 2013), Samsara (20th March 2013), Satkirn (22nd March 2013), Student_Energy_Healer (21st March 2013), Swan (21st March 2013)

5. Link to Post #63
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Howdy boys and girls! Thanks everyone for their contributions for natural remedies check out http://www.earthclinic.com/, gotta love that website! if the honey and herbal tea remedies are not on there yet, please add them there, I think they're valuable!

By the way, this is relevant for both men and women, check your shampoos, creams, conditioners, soaps and anything you apply to your skin/hair, it's not just cosmetics that have insane ingredients put into them. Take for example "sodium laureth sulfate", its a very common ingredient in skin/haircare products, and its very agressive to your body as well as a harmful pollutant for the surface water. What basically happens is, it completely degreases your skin and hair, and actually that grease forms a natural barrier to protect your skin and hair. So removing everything leaves your skin and hair vulnerable for damage and harmful substances, causing skin problems or long term health effects.

Some years ago I got off products with harsh substances and after a "detox" period where your skin and hair are a little bit more greasy than normal, the results are astounding. I first switched to organic soap-free shampoos, and now Im on conditioner only. My scalp used to be so greasy, now it's so balanced I only have to do a 'touch up' once a week, sometimes even longer, and my hair smells fresh all along. So the glands actually overproduce grease in reaction to all the harsh products (so if you have a problem with "greasy" hair/skin, it may actually be caused by dryness) And guess what, I only have to go to the hair dresser for split ends once every six months! Similar story as for my skin, I don't use any kind of soap, actually only creams to clean it, but usually it does not require even that, just water suffices (which also has to do with eating patterns of course). Also here, I used to have greasy skin and I've discovered it's actually on the dry side!

Ok, enough for my "amazing discoveries".

Just think about it. Another example: parabens, they can act as hormones in your body and mess up your reproductive system! All of this information and much more, supported by solid research, can be found in the skin deep website (see post 1). There are so many choice on the market, you don't have to put up with it!

As for the bra-cancer link, I think the observation made earlier by one of the blokes in relation to too tight underwear is valuable. I'd like to add another thought to that: the metal in the underwire acts as an antenna for radio-magnetic frequencies. The link between cancer and electro-magnetic frequencies, as well as other health-problems, is become ever-more convincing. So basically, you're amplifying the radiation close to your vital organs - heart and lungs! However way you want to put it, electromagnetic fields disturb the human body, as our bodies' cells as well as the earth, plant and wildlife use a low frequency to communicate...

Something that also crossed my mind:I saw it proven in a documentary how the 'normal' model bra shifts the burden to the shoulder/upper back area, instead of doing what it should be doing: evenly spreading pressure. A bra with crossed strapped does a better job at that. I don't remember if anything was said about wiring and I couldnt find the video anymore...

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Excerpt from a documentary, this is sickening really, this is how young girls are convinced their vagina is abnormal. And excuse me, how does it lead to anything but sexual desentisation when you cut out part(s) that are thick with nerve-ends?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gracieuse For This Post:

Chester (14th April 2013), Hazel (22nd March 2013), Healthy Skeptic (1st April 2013), Samsara (22nd March 2013), Swan (21st March 2013)

7. Link to Post #64
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I realise this is a sensitive topic, yet I am going to state my bold opinion here noting that I don't mean to offend anyone: the trend in the above video, plus the pressure on women to have all their pubic hair removed, maybe even in combination with hormonal birth control, are tools to suppress the core of female power. Think about it, what is left when you slice inner lips and remove all the hair? The vagina of an 7-year old.

This is why I got furious when a member of the male species demanded in a slithery way that I should remove all of my hair there (which I found humiliating). No one gets any say over any of my hair but me. I'll decide if and when I shave/trim and what/where. Don't like it? Bugger off. He called this dictatorship! Since when is self-determination dictatorship?

¤=[Post Update]=¤

This is also a good watch, the only thing I miss in this docu is the effect of surgery on sexual experience.

http://vimeo.com/groups/43127/videos/4704237

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gracieuse For This Post:

Ellisa (26th March 2013), eva08 (15th April 2013), Hazel (22nd March 2013), Samsara (22nd March 2013), Satkirn (22nd March 2013), shadowstalker (26th March 2013), Student_Energy_Healer (21st March 2013), Swan (21st March 2013)

9. Link to Post #65
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

"honestly, I believe most women have such sheep-like mentality that they would wear a dead chicken and ostracise anyone that wouldn't. We've done crazier things than that: convincing women and young girls to have plastic surgery (breast augmentation, vaginal surgery, which is called vaginal rejuvenalisation, sickening really), female circumcision, bound feet, emaciation and other forms of self mutilation. It's the women that press these practices on from generation to generation,"

Don't forget the dead fox around the neck.....I am also blown away by the mega sized fake nails some woman are willing to put up with.I have worked with other nurses that wear these things and are probably harboring so much bacteria under them. Watching them try to do their jobs with these talon like extensions glued to the tips of their fingers is entertaining in a weird sort of way....anyway, this is a wonderful thread...the bra-cancer link makes so much sense....I love you all my sisters...take care.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Anchor (22nd March 2013), gracieuse (11th April 2013), Phoenix1304 (7th April 2013), Samsara (22nd March 2013), shadowstalker (26th March 2013), Swan (21st March 2013)

11. Link to Post #66
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

Keep it up girls and boys.

This is an important thread.

I'm peripherally interested in the whole birth control thing.

We (Mr and Mrs Anchor) never wanted children and I have read this is a common trait of wanderers of our kind (I am pretty sure Mrs A and I are from the same kinds of origin - if not exactly the same group).

At the beginning of our quite long relationship we were at it like rabbits, the old wives tale that every time you make love you put a penny in jar, then after two years you take a penny out of the jar instead and you never empty the jar seem stupid.

However, we did not want children and so precautions were taken.

Now, over 20years later I realize that the old wives tale was probably quite accurate.

Currently Mr and Mrs Anchor are practically celibate. We were not always this way but we drifted into it and we each are fine with it. We love each other, are happy, and confuse our parents because they think we need marriage guidance or something which is as funny as hell because our relationship is better than any of those in our immediate family (based on what we see and know). Most of the time we even sleep in separate rooms because that we we sleep better. I snore, she snores etc.

At the start Mrs A was using the contraceptive pill, but over time we figured this was causing her a range of problems, but mostly to do with mandatory visits to the doctor.

In the end I figured that I could just as well do with barrier methods, and this enabled Mrs A to not have to ingest any big pharma product just so we could carry on with baby free fun.

As time has moved on, and we both have become more aware of what is what, we are more comfortable, penetrative sex is not so necessary but intimacy still is very much important.

So that's my context.

Birth control methods we have tried:

a) hormonal (contraceptive pill)
    b) barrier (male worn)
    c) interruptus
    d) abstinence

Never tried the IUD - that seems like a very odd thing to want to do.

Never tried the female barrier methods - also seemed to be an imposition on her, and required chemicals. I just became adept at getting my glove on for love, in a non spoiling the moment kind of way as possible. This remains the method we use, until the passage of time makes this particular challenge end.

Neither of us will have any surgery to accomplish this..

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Anchor; 22nd March 2013 at 01:19.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Chester (14th April 2013), Daughter of Time (7th April 2013), gracieuse (11th April 2013), mosquito (14th April 2013), Phoenix1304 (7th April 2013), Samsara (22nd March 2013)

13. Link to Post #67
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

Very important thread. And where else could I mention this book?

http://www.amazon.com/Vagina-New-Bio...mi+wolf+vagine

In fact, searching for this on amazon, you get "vagine" and "vigina". No vagina! What's up with that amazon doesn't even list it on the search - you get the result with a "did you mean"? Yeah I meant!!

This book is lengthy, clinical, sociological, and beyond relevant, for women and men. It's about War and Peace. Totally bra related - like get those things bound tight!

I have read this whole thread so thanks ALL above... it's all highly relevant.

A friend posted on FB today that her daughter was instructed in college induction as to "how to avoid rape". There was no instruction "don't rape"!

It's all still bass ackwards!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

gracieuse (11th April 2013), Samsara (22nd March 2013)

15. Link to Post #68
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote I'm peripherally interested in the whole birth control thing. (...)

Thoughts?
    Thanks Anchor for sharing your personal story, it's a great contribution to the discussion. It's "funny" that you mention this topic, because I was just reading about it yesterday. I stumbled upon this website, where dr. Mony Vital explains how refraining from having orgasms, which I understand to be orgasms in the genitals, lengthens the life span.

http://www.energeticbalancing.us/cumfreejoy/

This wisdom seems to find support in the Tao, see the works of Mantak Chia, some of it is available for free on script. I was browsing on (exclusively male ) fora about his work, where men where sharing having total body orgasms when they let go of the need to ejaculate.

Concerning birth control, Chia also explains that women can stop their menstrual cycles, like an energetic sterilisation or menopause, but this one is reversible Haven't tried, but it seems totally awesome to control your own fertility. And, according to CHia, menstruation drains women;s energy!

Similarly, Camila Castillo also hosts a workshop where women can inter alia learn birth control through intent. (havent tried) I find all of this ravishly interesting!

http://akahmi.com/teachings/feminine-bliss

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gracieuse For This Post:

Anchor (8th April 2013), mosquito (14th April 2013)

17. Link to Post #69
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote A friend posted on FB today that her daughter was instructed in college induction as to "how to avoid rape". There was no instruction "don't rape"!
    This is shocking indeed. Last year, I was sexually assaulted and almost raped. Turned out a girl in my neighborhood had been targeted by the same offender, almost kidnapped. She had tried to report it to the police, who told her she had "probably provoked him in one way or another". 2012, one of the richest north-western european countries. HELLO?!

This story kept me from going to the police a long time, fortunately my story was taken in.

It seems our society has still not outgrown the mini-skirt paradigm.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Moral dilemma: would you bring your old toxic make up to the chemical waste processing plant or give it away to women who really don't care and use toxic stuff anyway?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gracieuse For This Post:

Anchor (8th April 2013), mosquito (14th April 2013)

19. Link to Post #70
    Language
    English
    Thanks

From the article:

http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-and...325-2gpi2.html

Emphasis in the quote below is mine.

Quote Two weeks ago, a young Tunisian woman known only by the name “Amina” posted political self portraits to Facebook to protest the continued oppression of women in the Arab world’s first democracy.

Posing topless, one photo featured Amina smoking with the Arabic declaration “my body belongs to me, and is not the source of the honor of anyone” scrawled across her chest; the other showed Amina standing defiantly, her middle fingers raised to camera, and the English words “F--- your morals” blaring out from her body.

Today, Amina is in a psychiatric hospital, admitted there against her will by family members who’ve expressed shame over her actions. Her aunt appeared in a YouTube video to declare, “Amina does not exist anymore for me. She is responsible for her acts, and we are devastated by what she did. Our family is educated and open-minded and we did everything we could for her. Her father has been crying and has been in a miserable state.” She later added, “I hope she pays for her actions. She does not represent her country or Tunisian women.”

While Amina’s aunt may deny her niece’s actions speak for or even to Tunisian women, not everyone agrees. The Wahabi Salafi preacher Almi Adel, head of the almost comically titled Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, warned Tunisian newspaper Kapitalis, "Her act could bring about an epidemic. It could be contagious and give ideas to other women. It is therefore necessary to isolate [the incident]. I wish her to be healed."
    Advertisement

It’s tempting to mock the preacher’s words for the crude expression of fear that they are. If women begin to think for themselves and question their environments, they might then demand their own liberation from the kinds of patriarchal societies that empower men like Adel to wield control over them. Perhaps even more terrifying is the possibility that they might succeed.

Unfortunately, the consequence of men like Adel having power is that they do wield it. And his proposed solution to ‘isolating the incident’ is to execute Amina in accordance with his misreading of sharia law. “The young lady should be punished according to sharia, with 80 to 100 lashes, but [because of] the severity of the act she has committed, she deserves be stoned to death.”

It doesn’t stop there. Even if Amina escapes such barbaric treatment (and the arrogance in determining that a woman who rejects the cultural mores of her society and demands her rights ‘deserves’ to be stoned to death is nothing short of barbaric), Tunisian secular law could still punish her with up to two years in prison and a fine between 100 - 1000 dinars (around $80 to $800).

And all of this because she defied Tunisia’s moral codes to express herself politically alongside a group all too familiar with inciting the wrath of conservative governance.

The group in question was Ukrainian born feminist protest group Femen. Amina was in the process of setting up a Tunisian offshoot of the activist organisation and had posted the photos to their Facebook page. (That page has since been hacked, with the photos removed and replaced with Quranic verses).

Since its evolution, Femen’s goal has been to challenge patriarchal codes of ownership. Its Paris based director, Inna Schevchenko, achieved global notoriety after she marched to the top of a hill overlooking Kieve, stripped down to nothing but a pair of red denim shorts and work boots and proceeded to chop down a 13ft cross with a chainsaw. The protest coincided with the handing down of judgment for the three members of Russian feminist protest group Pussy Riot; on that day in Kiev, Schevchenko had scrawled “Free Riot” across her chest. The action earned Schevchenko death threats and unwanted attention from the government. After her front door was kicked in, she escaped with only $50, a mobile phone and a passport and made her way to France where she now trains more Femen activists, or warriors as they refer to themselves as. (You can read more about Femen’s activities in this Guardian profile.)

Femen’s methods are problematic for some feminists - early on in their advent, organisers realised that it was nudity that got the attention of the media and the public. Given they protest vehemently against the sex industry, likening it to fascism and even using Nazi imagery as a comparison, their reliance on flesh to translate important messages seems counter intuitive. How can a group so decidedly against the commodification of women’s bodies fall back on that titillation to protest? Schevchenko justifies the approach as a form of reclamation. "A woman's naked body has always been the instrument of the patriarchy," she says, "they use it in the sex industry, the fashion industry, advertising, always in men's hands. We realised the key was to give the naked body back to its rightful owner, to women, and give a new interpretation of nudity ... I'm proud of the fact that today naked women are not just posing on the cover of Playboy, but can be at an action, angry, and can irritate people."

This is certainly true in the case of Amina, whose experience of life as a woman in Tunisia was evidently so suffocating that she reached out to an international feminist protest group whose central thesis was the restoration of women’s bodies to their rightful owners. As yet, no one has been allowed contact with the teenager, who remains incarcerated in a psychiatric ward (which has historically been the bleak fate for many women who challenged the notions of propriety in their communities).

So what can you do to help? You can follow Maryam Namazie on Free Thought Blogs, who is updating news about Amina where she can. You can also sign this Change petition, which is looking for 150,000 signatures. You can follow and tweet at the #Amina hashtag on Twitter to show your support for women’s autonomy over their own bodies, free from fear of government or community retribution. And you might consider participating in Namazie’s International Day To Defend Amina, called for April 4. Namazie is urging groups and individuals to post topless photos of themselves and their activism on social media sites, and to remind ‘the world that the real epidemic and disaster that must be challenged is misogyny - Islamic or otherwise.”

Whatever your view on the use of breasts as a benign western political statement, nudity can be a powerful statement of protest in countries where women’s bodies are more forcefully appropriated and governed by the law. Amina’s only crime was reclaiming her body as her own, and using it to protest the patriarchal values of a society that demanded it be covered in order to preserve the honour of others. In a rational society, breasts have no more power to hurt anyone than a gentle breeze can blow down a house made of bricks. But when a fear of naked female flesh and a woman’s right to dictate what is done with her own body pervades so deeply that the wilful display of it could result in her own execution, breasts can become bombs.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

gracieuse (26th March 2013), mosquito (14th April 2013), sunflower (4th April 2013)

21. Link to Post #71
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,808 times in 2,892 posts

Quote Posted by gracieuse (here)
    She's doing what Sheme advises us to do

My daughter says this when ever folks get stupid......... Bwahaha
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

22. Link to Post #72
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

I realise this is a sensitive topic, yet I am going to state my bold opinion here noting that I don't mean to offend anyone: the trend in the above video, plus the pressure on women to have all their pubic hair removed, maybe even in combination with hormonal birth control, are tools to suppress the core of female power. Think about it, what is left when you slice inner lips and remove all the hair? The vagina of an 7-year old.

This is why I got furious when a member of the male species demanded in a slithery way that I should remove all of my hair there (which I found humiliating). No one gets any say over any of my hair but me. I'll decide if and when I shave/trim and what/where. Don't like it? Bugger off. He called this dictatorship! Since when is self-determination dictatorship?

¤=[Post Update]=¤

This is also a good watch, the only thing I miss in this docu is the effect of surgery on sexual experience.

http://vimeo.com/groups/43127/videos/4704237
    What we have here, unfortunately, is the Prime Example of
    "Man's/Women's Inhumanity to Man/Women".
    It really 'makes me sick'.
    With Love To All, HS

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Healthy Skeptic For This Post:

gracieuse (1st April 2013), sunflower (4th April 2013)

24. Link to Post #73
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

Partial, from Anchor: "Femen’s methods are problematic for some feminists - early on in their advent, organisers realised that it was nudity that got the attention of the media and the public. Given they protest vehemently against the sex industry, likening it to fascism and even using Nazi imagery as a comparison, their reliance on flesh to translate important messages seems counter intuitive. How can a group so decidedly against the commodification of women’s bodies fall back on that titillation to protest? Schevchenko justifies the approach as a form of reclamation. "A woman's naked body has always been the instrument of the patriarchy," she says, "they use it in the sex industry, the fashion industry, advertising, always in men's hands. We realised the key was to give the naked body back to its rightful owner, to women, and give a new interpretation of nudity ... I'm proud of the fact that today naked women are not just posing on the cover of Playboy, but can be at an action, angry, and can irritate people."

I find this the wrong approach. Not that any approach has worked for feminism yet, the views get hijacked so fast that one wonders....is it not just another dialectic trap to keep smart people busy? Still no resolution.

Women and men can both use the power that everyone has - where to spend their money. All the places where "sex sells" don't buy! And not to some crazy extreme - but all those magazines and badly made sexy clothes and poison make up and other cosmetics.

Even a lot of men say they are attracted to the glow of health in a woman, the vitality and humor and "hang out" factor. I know some guys still say that if sex isn't obviously imminent, they don't have time --fine, they'll grow up one day, or not.

A guy who wants a grown woman to shave pubic hair? Sounds like he really wants to have sex with a little girl. Loaded topics, all.

But it's all about money folks! Control of women is control of property and others' labor or incomes.

Women want bras for comfort - and there are so few! I mean after the hundred + years not one bra designer has tried to get them sold in halves so you can get the real size you want on each side.

Oh yeah that's on that other planet.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

Anchor (2nd April 2013), gracieuse (7th April 2013)

26. Link to Post #74
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I'm a man and equipped with male programming and biases. I have learned that Men will always have those. I'm as sure as I can be that females have their own set.

This we have been set-up for conflict between the sexes, one that has been easy pickings for the "elite" to make worse through materialistic things that are aimed at the red and orange ray aspects of our beings.

They set us apart from each-other, taking root physically, emotionally and even mentally.

I am of the opinion that this polarity is designed for a purpose, but we have made it more extreme. As with any duality we are challenged to seek balance, and learn acceptance, tolerance, forgiveness yet also when and when not to be assertive; our drivers being the need to express love, wisdom and compassion.

The challenge as I see it, in finding balance, is at the first step, which is the defining of the fulcrum point that the scales hang.

I think our problem is that the fulcrum has been shifted to the wrong place.

We play at yin and yang, but we have too much yang - and many of us con ourselves - or have been conned - into thinking that is the way it should be.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

gracieuse (7th April 2013), Kimberley (3rd April 2013)

28. Link to Post #75
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I'm really appreciating the in depth discussion going on here. Id like to drop another hint for women: look into menstrual cups. For those who haven't heard of it: it's a medical grade silicone bell shaped cup that holds your menstrual flow. It's reusable and hygienic becuase you sterilise it, it breathes and your vagina will be very thankful (as well as mother earth for all the waste you're saving). No vagina likes bleach, fibres and plastic... Look up the cup, there are many types, forms, sizes and shapes. Economical as well...

29. The Following User Says Thank You to gracieuse For This Post:

Satkirn (10th April 2013)

30. Link to Post #76
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Link on Natural Law http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_law - reference Thomas Hobbs.

I personally believe we've completely thrown out the baby with the bath water with respect to social norms and general manners.

We don't respect each other in anymore such that people now feel no obligation to see things from the other person's perspective. We seem to look at things from an extremely selfish perspective.

The story about the woman on the beach with her tummy out: Why deliberately put yourself in a confrontational position where you know people will be offended and force people to "deal with it". Stop wearing bras, men will stare at your chest - its distracting. Men are attracted to women and it doesn't make a man an animal or any less evolved: it just means that men are attracted to women in a sexual way.

It's pretty oxymoronic to "revolt" against a bra which is an object of order in favor of going topless and expect no one to be distracted or interested in your goods. You can't say stop thinking about me sexually, and then decide to become a nudist. And when men do finally stop becoming aroused by a woman's nude there is something wrong with the man.

This happens time and time again. Women try to change men, and when men give them what they asked for they don't want it (this is a very common complaint with almost any man). This is a general statement and on the average this is for the most part true.

Why can't men and women continue to work together and have a sense of harmony. I'm surprised this ideology is present on Avalon because this isn't the average "man" that objectifies women. It is an institutional illusion given to both sides by the PTB. It is illuminati or whatever agendas there are to divide and conquer.

And my strong opinion is that the feminist movement (as applied in real world practice) is an arm of the systematic destruction of the family and the perpetuation of the destroyed family. This probably the infinite loop that the ouroboros represents...

If women want to be the provider of their households (single or not) do not complain about your added responsibilities. If you want to work as a perfect team, do not step on each others shoes and complain about having to be superwoman.

Men are physically stronger because they are built to defend their families from harm but tend to lack the emotional capacities of the woman. Women are naturally stronger emotionally because they are built to be the spiritual heads of the family and to be nurturers of the family. Who is there for a man when he's hurt from defending or providing for his family? Who often has the strongest relationship with the children? Who do grown men always thank for their support and achievements? Hint- it ain't dad.

Life isn't a one-size-fits-all. This cross section has always been. There have always been single mothers, married couples, widows/widowers, divorced, perpetually single, etc. What is different is this CONVERGENCE or forcing everyone to conform to a singular system of everything. This is evident in entertainment, all commerce, religion, spirituality, etc. Sexism is not the act of recognizing difference in gender. Sexism is oppressing based on untrue gender stereotypes. A stereotype is an UNTRUE generalization or a caricature and is different from an archetype. Archetypes are based on true elements. People confuse an archetype with a stereotype which makes it easy to categorize many things as sexist and racist.

We are supposed to be a little more selfless and do what is best for the whole and ourselves without encroaching on each other's freewill. Impeding other people's freedom of choice is indeed wrong. The trick to peace and success in general is MUTUAL cooperation, not insurrection.

Edit: Because I didn't mention everything doesn't mean I intentionally left it out. There are only so many characters in these posts.
    Last edited by aceninja; 7th April 2013 at 21:03. Reason: clarification

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aceninja For This Post:

Anchor (7th April 2013), mosquito (14th April 2013)

32. Link to Post #77
    Canada Avalon Member Daughter of Time's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,705 times in 1,092 posts

Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    Keep it up girls and boys.

This is an important thread.

I'm peripherally interested in the whole birth control thing.

We (Mr and Mrs Anchor) never wanted children and I have read this is a common trait of wanderers of our kind (I am pretty sure Mrs A and I are from the same kinds of origin - if not exactly the same group).

At the beginning of our quite long relationship we were at it like rabbits, the old wives tale that every time you make love you put a penny in jar, then after two years you take a penny out of the jar instead and you never empty the jar seem stupid.

However, we did not want children and so precautions were taken.

Now, over 20years later I realize that the old wives tale was probably quite accurate.

Currently Mr and Mrs Anchor are practically celibate. We were not always this way but we drifted into it and we each are fine with it. We love each other, are happy, and confuse our parents because they think we need marriage guidance or something which is as funny as hell because our relationship is better than any of those in our immediate family (based on what we see and know). Most of the time we even sleep in separate rooms because that we we sleep better. I snore, she snores etc.

At the start Mrs A was using the contraceptive pill, but over time we figured this was causing her a range of problems, but mostly to do with mandatory visits to the doctor.

In the end I figured that I could just as well do with barrier methods, and this enabled Mrs A to not have to ingest any big pharma product just so we could carry on with baby free fun.

As time has moved on, and we both have become more aware of what is what, we are more comfortable, penetrative sex is not so necessary but intimacy still is very much important.

So that's my context.

Birth control methods we have tried:

a) hormonal (contraceptive pill)
    b) barrier (male worn)
    c) interruptus
    d) abstinence

Never tried the IUD - that seems like a very odd thing to want to do.

Never tried the female barrier methods - also seemed to be an imposition on her, and required chemicals. I just became adept at getting my glove on for love, in a non spoiling the moment kind of way as possible. This remains the method we use, until the passage of time makes this particular challenge end.

Neither of us will have any surgery to accomplish this..

Thoughts?
    The most natural contraceptive method for me has been getting to know my body and its ovulation process.

Pregnancy does not occur just before, during and immediately after menstruation.

After menstruation the vaginal fluids are thin. Once they become thicker, about 1 week after menstruation for a woman with a regular cycle, the ovary is preparing to release ova and penetration should not occur unless a condom or other methods are used. About 3 days after ovulation, the ova dissolve so the sperm will not find anything to penetrate. However, this works only for women whose cycle is normal - approx. 26 to 30 days. If the cycle changes from month to month, this method will not work. Also, if the woman's cycle is very short (less than 21 days) this method will not work either as ovulation happens much sooner than in a woman with a regular cycle.

A basal thermometer used every morning upon arising is an accurate indicator of when ovulation occurs. From menstruation to ovulation the temperature will be lower. At ovulation time the temperature rises about .4 degrees and then drops again during menstruation. For the average woman, body temperature before ovulation will be around 36.8 and rises to 37.2 at ovulation. Using a basal thermometer may seem inconvenient at the beginning, but once it becomes a habit, it only takes one minute upon awakening every morning to know what the body is doing. However, by the time ovulation occurs, it may already be too late as sperm deposited in the vagina a couple of days before ovulation can still be alive and capable of fertilizing the ova. So it takes some diligence on the woman's part to get to know her body. This is relatively easy if one has a regular cycle as a woman will be able to notice the vaginal changes. This natural (rhythm) method, however, is not advisable for irregular cycles.

However, pregnancy will not occur just before and during menstruation regardless of the length of the cycle. The number of days of safety after menstruation is what changes from woman to woman according to the length of her cycle.

And personally, I don't feel it's necessary to have penetration on days close to ovulation. There are many ways to make love.
    Last edited by Daughter of Time; 7th April 2013 at 21:55.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daughter of Time For This Post:

Anchor (8th April 2013), Chester (14th April 2013), genevieve (8th April 2013)

34. Link to Post #78
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Aceninja,

Your post was good and thought provoking. Lots to agree with in it.

Quote Posted by aceninja (here)
    I personally believe we've completely thrown out the baby with the bath water with respect to social norms and general manners.
    I agree, and I am not sure where to start to rebuild. Somehow we unplugged nature. Lots of people moved in to cities and away from nature. Nature became something to exploit rather than work with. I am sure as I can be, nature is the way back to solving some of our issues - or at least a healed nature - one that has not itself become twisted due to the strength of our own twisted creations.

35. Link to Post #79
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Moral dilemma: would you bring your old toxic make up to the chemical waste processing plant or give it away to women who really don't care and use toxic stuff anyway?
    If you give it away you will prevent them, at least for a while, buying new stuff. Also there is the possibility of planting a seed of a thought as to the reasons why you are doing this in their mind.

IMO the solution to most moral dilemmas comes down to an honest analysis of intent and the answer is going to be different for different people.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

gracieuse (11th April 2013)

37. Link to Post #80
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,405 times in 466 posts

Quote Posted by Atlantean Avatar (here)
    I had a similar experience on the beach when I was 7 months pregnant with my daughter. I was wearing bathers with a big T **** to cover me. A father in his 30s yelled at me. He said it was revolting that he and his young son had to be confronted with the sight of beached whale. That I should do the decent thing and stay out of public view when pregnant because it could scare his son for life.
    When my daughters are mature women I hope they will experience things differently.
    When I was six months pregnant I was in an elevator and I was told by a total stranger, a young man, that if I wanted to be healthy I should lose weight. I didn't say anything to him because back then I was a lot more polite than I am now. But I do remember thinking he must be pretty dense!!

A few days after the delivery when I still had quite a few pounds of baby weight to lose I was walking alone in a shopping mall and a group of teenage boys sitting on a bench started making "moo" sounds when I walked in front of them. Again, I didn't say anything because the very essence of a bullying situation is being outnumbered.
    The 'rebellion' of the Mind, having the Mind run the show, is the Luciferian rebellion of wanting to leave Love-Christ-Heart behind and create a universe without the 'pesky feeling of the heart' holding it back
    ~ Tobias Lars

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to northstar For This Post:

genevieve (8th April 2013), mosquito (14th April 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast