+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast

Thread: I dont think there is reincarnation.

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member Abhaya's Avatar
    Traveling year round mostly US. And Costa Rica:)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,517 times in 416 posts

Default Re: I dont think there is reincarnation.

With out reincarnation there are simply way to many mind bendingly unanswerable questions. Such as what was brought up above in regards to infant deaths, retarded people and animals, silver spoon birth vs squalor. IMO you have to choose to look away from a lot of these issues. Or just be ok with the above mentioned "god works in mysterious ways excuse" for all these issues, in order to believe in the one life theory.
    Last edited by Abhaya; 23rd March 2013 at 01:48.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abhaya For This Post:

Daughter of Time (23rd March 2013), Maunagarjana (23rd March 2013), selinam (22nd March 2013)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks

yet if it is all a continuum the identity is just a moment in the time loop...

4. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 times in 1,115 posts

Reincarnation is a belief system, it comes in varying levels of complexity.
    The same is true of heaven.
    The particular version of reincarnation expressed in the opening post contains both belief systems.
    Although the idea of the soul contains some useful explanations to observed data it is still only a belief.
    What really does on get get out of grasping on to any of these ideas?
    What are each of us looking for outside of ourselves?

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

hangel (22nd March 2013), markpierre (23rd March 2013), Maunagarjana (23rd March 2013), selinam (22nd March 2013), SilentStorm (25th March 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (22nd March 2013)

6. Link to Post #44
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Quote Posted by johnf (here)
    The particular version of reincarnation expressed in the opening post contains both belief systems.
    Although the idea of the soul contains some useful explanations to observed data it is still only a belief.
    Quantum physicists are actually finding out more and more exciting stuff about the permanence of remembered experience,
    the nature of neural tubes, and the idea that the "soul" is a measurable thing that leaves not only with energy but with information attached to it....

don't undersell yourselves!

7. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

I believe in reincarnation now...
    I can recommended Michael Newton's books
    Bye
    " You must be the change you want to see in the world ". Mahatma Gandhi.
    Peace and Harmony

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Post:

Cognitive Dissident (23rd March 2013)

9. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tesla_WTC_Solution (here)
    Quote Posted by johnf (here)
    Quantum physicists are actually finding out more and more exciting stuff about the permanence of remembered experience,
    the nature of neural tubes, and the idea that the "soul" is a measurable thing that leaves not only with energy but with information attached to it....

don't undersell yourselves!
    Exactly!
    And yet, it depends from what level we consider reincarnation to be existent. i guess, if we were at the level of conciousness of the universe or some sort of very high dimensional being, then reincarnation would not matter much. At our level, concept of reincarnation does apply, like concept of time - which we know is only illusion, concept of karma - which seem to be not existent in some planetary systems.

These apply or not apply and it does depends on reality we chose to be in. But its a belief system and as we have a free will we can change our reality by changing our belief system.

A friend of mine told me of her sad childhood and constant poverty her family lived in. When she was in her early 20s she graduated from schools and made a decision: from now on i will no longer be poor. i will think of myself as having just enough money as i need to pay from all my things.

She only changed a perception of herself. From then on she started making decisions - completely subconsciously - which lead her to financial independence. She isnt rich, but she doenst suffer poverty any more. She changed her belief system.
    Last edited by hangel; 22nd March 2013 at 22:13.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hangel For This Post:

sheme (23rd March 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (22nd March 2013)

11. Link to Post #47
    Mauritius Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,420 times in 635 posts

The fact of the matter is this.. Know one knows for sure.. All I know is I be piss if I had to come here again to learn the whole process.

12. Link to Post #48
    United States Avalon Member Latti's Avatar
    Thanks

Your belief is in line with the current popular religious dogma. In most cases, we aren't suppose to remember other incarnations and at some level time doesn't exist; so, maybe our soul inhabits many incarnations simultaneously.

All souls were created in the beginning. All were created by source and worthy. Regardless of what others may tell you, you are worthy.

Truth is truth whether we believe it or not. Belief in reincarnation is not a requirement, but we must strive to do the very best at what we believe. We have an inner guidance that when followed will lead us on the correct current path we must follow.

Best regards to you in whatever belief you have.
    Latti

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Latti For This Post:

Kraut (23rd March 2013), Maunagarjana (23rd March 2013), sheme (23rd March 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (22nd March 2013), Wind (22nd March 2013)

14. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 times in 676 posts

Working at a purely systemic level of the belief of reincarnation/heaven~hell. Rather than simply believing one or the other I think it's interesting to look at the repercussions of both systems, how said beliefs affect the living world.

I find the heaven/hell dichotomy turns people into watchdogs. It creates an observance of maintaining a certain direction to avoid a consequence. It creates a pattern of interlocked value judgement based upon 'tradition'. Perseverance to *. Any mistakes made putting an eternity into jeopardy, e.g. a lot on the line. This promotes individualism as some of the people around will be going to hell and you will be tempted to note which ones.

The reincarnation system, on the other hand, tends to allow for a more relaxed attitude towards action as there seems to be less chance of eternal condemnation. There is still the concept of karma within those systems, but less final that that of eternal damnation. It also seems to lean more towards tolerance in a community since even if you think someone is a bad person, you don't have the benefit of thinking you will never interact with them again after said life. You'll probably in fact know them for eternity...

I think both of these beliefs, if held sincerely, will be reflected into the personality of the person doing the believing. I also believe that the former is more conductive to a society that experiences varying levels of discontent. If you believe you only have one life then you may be less concerned with how you leave things for the future since you don't think you are going to be part of and experiencing that future. (You'll also be more wary about putting that one life in danger by going against the ruling order.)
    Last edited by noprophet; 22nd March 2013 at 23:11.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noprophet For This Post:

Kraut (23rd March 2013), Maunagarjana (23rd March 2013), Wind (22nd March 2013)

16. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by hangel (here)
    "Ingo tells the story of how they gave him a job of going to the moon. He called it remote viewing, but I assure you, Ingo WENT to the moon! And that’s how the government found out that there were ETs on the moon. And very aware ETs, because Ingo quickly found out that the ETs who were on the moon were able to sense that he was there, even though he went there out of body. "
    ... or, could Ingo actually have been an experiment instead?

If I were testing "mind hacking" technology (facilitated by directed energy), this might be a scenario I would create just to see if the technology "worked." But of course, I am implying he may have been tested on by earth humans.

What if there's a "source" for all thought that is far beyond our earth human capacity?

What if this technology was "god?"

No one can be sure anymore as to whether any thoughts we have are "individually" ours or if some are, which of those thoughts might be our own.

"god" may just be a software application and "realities" nothing but computer simulations.

and no one knows either way (or anywhere in between)

isn't life lovely?
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Post:

HaulinBananas (23rd March 2013)

18. Link to Post #51
    United States Avalon Member HaulinBananas's Avatar
    Thanks

I was listening to Robert Monroe again today, recording #23 on this linked page of free audio downloads.

http://www.monroeinstitute.org/resou...xplorer-series

Near the end of the recording, he explains how after all his years of Out-Of-Body-Explorations, he came to the belief that we are all waveforms, you, me, everybody and everything, and we experience waveforms . . . life to death is one waveform, sunrise to sunset, or one day is a waveform . . . I know I am not explaining it as eloquently as he did. There was a lot of information on that one recording and waveforms was just part, but pretty signficant.

Another part that was interesting, by the way, was where he said there is a triangular relationship between electricity, magnetism, and "psi" (I think that is the word he used, but not certain since it was in audio form)

We humans need to figure out more "psi" applications in combination with electricity and magnetism.

Throughout the books of Dolores Cannon, Brian Weiss MD, Michael Newton, PhD, and many other books are stories, even proofs of reincarnation.

One thing, we humans change what we believe or don't believe in as we go through time. Most humans believe in Time. Apparently, per the book Far Journeys, and other sources, Time doesn't exist. In Far Journeys, Earth is in a Time Space Illusion (TSI) and we are here to experience physical lives. To learn.

It is good, even if you don't believe in something, to investigate as much as possible first before categorically deciding where your belief is, yea or nay. If it is something important to you. After all (each) life is too short to waste (time) on things we really don't care about.

It is great that you are open to considering more information.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HaulinBananas For This Post:

Chester (23rd March 2013), Kraut (23rd March 2013), Maunagarjana (23rd March 2013), noprophet (23rd March 2013), sheme (23rd March 2013)

20. Link to Post #52
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,195 times in 1,429 posts
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 23rd March 2013 at 01:49.

21. Link to Post #53
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Prodigal Son (here)
    Quote Posted by Rozzy (here)
    The JW's or any one else in the christian, pseudo christian realm that preaches eternal anything from the Bible can only do so if they manipulate the text through translation methods.
    Unless this was written by some lying scribe (I seriously doubt it was "Paul")...

...how was this text manipulated through translation methods? I'm putting in the Greek words that I bolded from Strong's Concordance....

Hebrews 9:27 New International Version (©2011)
    Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

Heb 9:27 And G2532 as G2596 G3745 it is appointed G606 unto men G444 once G530 to die, G599 but G1161 after G3326 this G5124 the judgment: G2920

606. apokeimai ap-ok'-i-mahee from 575 and 2749; to be reserved; figuratively, to await:--be appointed, (be) laid up

599. apothnesko ap-oth-nace'-ko from 575 and 2348; to die off (literally or figuratively):--be dead, death, die, lie a-dying, be slain (X with).

530. hapax hap'-ax probably from 537; one (or a single) time (numerically or conclusively):--once.

2920. krisis kree'-sis decision (subjectively or objectively, for or against); by extension, a tribunal; by implication, justice (especially, divine law):--accusation, condemnation, damnation, judgment.

Very easily was the Bible manipulated, it actually started with Jerome but the scholar/theologians of the sixteenth century onward really put things into high gear.
    In the English versions of The Bible we see in various places the words, eternal and forever, these are put in place of the Greek word aion, aionios, aionion, aeon, etc. Now the word aeon, aion means simply "age", the length of which depends on the adjective used along with it. For example, Josephus used it in conjunction with a three year prison sentence. Aionios is in no way interpreted to mean eternal unless you have a doctrine to grind. Oddly enough in the NT where it says "end of the world", the real text says "end of the age" The same word being translated world is also translated eternal in modern Bible versions, yet in John 3:16 the Greek word "cosmos " is translated "world" this slight of hand goes a long way to forming doctrines never believed by the early church.
    Example:
    2 Corinthians 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Looking at verse 17 we understand that there are those that are corrupting the word, distorting, etc. The real translation of that verse is "peddling" meaning, those who are profiting from the word, making money from it. Translators very stealthily removed the enfaces off the preacher to the layman.

If we go all the way back to Jerome, he was responsible for much of the mess today. In his translation of "aionios" he used the Latin "aeternum", which became our word for "eternal", the real word for aionios would have been "seculorum". So in the English translations we have "eternal punishment" translated from "aionios kolasis" which means "age of chastisement", age of correction, even age of punishment, if you mean it in the corrective sense. So we have Jerome translating "aionios kolasis" to "aeternum Iusti" where by the Reformers follow suit with "eternal punishment".
    This is easily corroborated for those who wish to do a little home work.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rozzy For This Post:

Chester (23rd March 2013), Kraut (23rd March 2013), Maunagarjana (23rd March 2013), Wind (23rd March 2013)

23. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Edit - so I don't get "vacationed"
    Last edited by Chester; 23rd March 2013 at 02:53.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

24. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,103 times in 806 posts

Reincarnation has became observed facts not belief system. More and more scientists study about reincarnation of human. Is it good or bad? Cases of Near Death Experiences, past life hypnosis therapy, then remote viewing and astral projection has been studied for few decades. Switching physical bodies or out of body experience by will with full awareness could be done.

Some scientists speculate intelligent animals like monkeys, dolphins, whales probably have their own version of reality. They might contemplate soul and stuff that beyond physical limitation.

It's an outrageous claim that DNA is everything for human existence. Intelligent people are easy to be trapped in delusional state. Humans only understand 5% of DNA and assuming use it as ultimate tool for projecting their limited idea again. I personally object any form of DNA manipulation.

It's fact that still majority live in the old paradigm, repeat stupid behavior over and over like machines. I would suggest rather than contemplating about the gods or non-human entities who are behind these reality, people should give trials to experience and see what's out there. The ultimate painkiller for fear of death is a tangible recall of one's past life.

To be a religious believer, one has to be stupid. Questioning is sinful action. Reincarnation under religions serves as a powerful tool to subjugate individuals, justify systematic corruption of society also. Scientific believers are no difference.

Where do we draw the line? An invisible prison so to speak, which exists from personal to collective level. The prisoner will end up being consumed, back into recycle again with erased memory - debriefing. Hundreds of generations do it till the species would extinct. Spectacular experiment or ultimate game? I wonder.
    Last edited by Hughe; 23rd March 2013 at 03:53.
    For free society!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hughe For This Post:

Cognitive Dissident (23rd March 2013), Maunagarjana (23rd March 2013)

26. Link to Post #56
    Avalon Member Cognitive Dissident's Avatar
    In a galaxy not too far away from where you are right now
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,343 times in 409 posts

Great thread, this one!

For me, the only way not to believe in reincarnation is not to study the evidence, and also not to have any personal experience of reincarnation (through hypnotic regression, for example).

So, dear AMystic3434, going to see a good past life hypnotherapist will answer your question pretty quickly, but it may be one of those, you know, life changing experiences

Alternatively, there are plenty of good books, many already recommended on this thread:

One Soul, Many Lives: First Hand Stories of Reincarnation and the Striking Evidence of Past Lives by Roy Stemman
    Exploring Reincarnation: The Classic Guide to the Evidence for Past-Life Experiences by Hans Tendam
    Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives by Michael Newton
    Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives by Michael Newton
    Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian Weiss
    Searching for Carroll Beckwith by Robert Snow
    Across Time And Death: A Mother's Search For Her Past Life Children by Jenny Cockell
    Echoes from the Battlefield: First Person Accounts of Civil War Past Lives by Barbara Lane
    Children's Past Lives: How Past Life Memories Affect Your Child by Carol Bowman
    and the books by Dolores Cannon (not sure which ones are specifically about reincarnation, but most of them will have a discussion of past lives)

Blessings on your journey AMystic3434, let us know where it takes you...
    Last edited by Cognitive Dissident; 23rd March 2013 at 04:08.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Cognitive Dissident For This Post:

Maunagarjana (23rd March 2013)

28. Link to Post #57
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

with all due respect friend, have you read much stuff on the subject....? well do some reading, and get back to me in a few years once thou has read and enriched his/her wholistic and universal knowledge and understanding on the universe and the reasons why we all contemplate these questions to begin with ,then get back to me wont you darling? then lets have a real conversation on this subject, peace,dennis

29. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

thank you Tes....ur just awsome !

30. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

I dont think there is reincarnation.
    Quote Posted by AMystic3434 (here)
    There is only one life that we get.
    I think reincarnation is a false belief that was created because man was lost searching for the truth.
    of course we are all equal to have our induvidual ideas on every subject, but then again, sometimes things hit u in the face like a piece of meat needed once u get a black eye,.......... nuh said .... hehehe oh gosh its my bed time, way past thank u, lmao, peace ,dennis
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 23rd March 2013 at 18:00.

31. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AMystic3434 (here)
    There is only one life that we get.
    actually from everything i have read and the sources i have read, they all say, we "CHOOSE" our dna, we "CHOOSE" our parents, we "CHOOSE" our lessons in this life for specific reasons, mostly because we have not learned or accomplished the lessons and/or learned what we might have had the chance to learn in this previous life we just incarnated from, it makes perfect sense if you just ponder the possibility way more sense than one chance to get it right, rarely does one have that were-with-all to accomplish this in just one life time, unless you are on your last incarnation, just sayin, peace,dennis
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 23rd March 2013 at 17:59. Reason: fix quoting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast