+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: It is Time. Tech 2 : Dissolve your banking interest.

1. Link to Post #1
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

Default It is Time. Tech 2 : Dissolve your banking interest.

Hello Dear friends

It is time to change the game. As you can see what has happened in Cyprus.

How long is it before you think it will happen to you ?

How many of you can afford to lose any money ?

SOLUTION

Take your cash out of your bank and close your excess accounts.

Have one account with a minimal amount in it that you can afford to lose.

They will come for your money , they have no shame , they have no remourse.

Be prepared.

Alternatives to Banks if you need to put it somewhere other than under the matterass ?

Bitcoin. possibly the best option atm.

Best

N

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Prodigal Son's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 675 posts

Default Re: It is Time. Tech 2 : Dissolve your banking interest.

Yes they are coming for it. Or they can just collapse the whole system and it will all disappear into an abyss. Guess that's why the banksters went into hiding, and why they built/restored the FEMA camps.

I'm putting it into metals... the physical stuff, not paper.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prodigal Son For This Post:

Nanoo Nanoo (24th March 2013), northstar (24th March 2013)

4. Link to Post #3
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Prodigal Son (here)
    Yes they are coming for it. Guess that's why the bankers went into hiding, and why they built/restored the FEMA camps.

I'm putting it into metals... the physical stuff, not paper.
    Excellent idea , and for those of you who can its a great idea. Silver is possibly most affordable. Take physical hold of the silver , do not buy paper shares.

Buy bullion , coins are over priced generally.

N

Ī=[Post Update]=Ī

Here is an excellent thread also to follow

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-The-bank-Fall

N

5. Link to Post #4
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    Thanks

6. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member puurfectten's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nanoo Nanoo (here)
    Hello Dear friends

SOLUTION

Be prepared.

Alternatives to Banks if you need to put it somewhere other than under the matterass ?

Best

N
    they already took it....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to puurfectten For This Post:

Nanoo Nanoo (24th March 2013)

8. Link to Post #6
    England Avalon Member DevilPigeon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,421 times in 560 posts

-----

BitCoin??? Are you serious?????? A "currency" that's worthless once you're off the internet???

"Stop getting Bond wrong!" (Alan Partridge)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DevilPigeon For This Post:

10. Link to Post #7
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by puurfectten (here)
    Hello Dear friends

SOLUTION

Be prepared.

Best

N
    they already took it....
    im sorry to hear it , what happened ?

Ī=[Post Update]=Ī

Quote Posted by DevilPigeon (here)
    -----

BitCoin??? Are you serious?????? A "currency" that's worthless once you're off the internet???

I welcome any suggestions Devil Pidgeon

11. Link to Post #8
    England Avalon Member DevilPigeon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,421 times in 560 posts

-----

I apologise if my first post seemed disrespectful, it wasn't meant that way.

Technology isn't our friend in this situation, the only way of ensuring the individual keeps hold of their wealth is by physical means, ultimately that means goods/commodities that have real intrinsic tangible value.
    "Stop getting Bond wrong!" (Alan Partridge)

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DevilPigeon For This Post:

blufire (24th March 2013), D-Day (24th March 2013), donk (13th May 2013), Holly Lindin (25th March 2013), Knowrainknowrainbows! (24th March 2013), Kraut (24th March 2013), Limor Wolf (24th March 2013), music (24th March 2013), Nanoo Nanoo (24th March 2013), Ron Mauer Sr (27th March 2013), seko (24th March 2013), Spirithorse (24th March 2013)

13. Link to Post #9
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DevilPigeon (here)
    -----

I apologise if my first post seemed disrespectful, it wasn't meant that way.

Technology isn't our friend in this situation, the only way of ensuring the individual keeps hold of their wealth is by physical means, ultimately that means goods/commodities that have real intrinsic tangible value.
    Absolutely , i agree this is good advise. However for those who need to transact Bitcoin is a " possible " alternative. Its also supporting a means beyond the control of the big 4. Pretty much all our currency is digital credits until you withdraw wether its Bitcoin or Standard Banks. So they all pretty much exist in the same domain as Bitcoin. It all depends on who you want to put your trust in . . . i dont think the big 4 have earned our trust and therefore its time NOW to act.

Thank you

N

14. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

well i dont have extra to buy silver at this time, but i do think its a good idea to keep the minimum in one account, figure out something, but the push to be involved in the bit coin is a terrible idea, its going to further the whole bit coin idea,

i read this post on yahoo about this guy wanting to trade his house and land for a deal involving this type of payment, i thought this was a bit ridiculous to want to go in that direction, someone may be behind him in trying to make his deal cute or new and interesting or who knows but fueling that flame is foolish in my mind,

this type of trade is prolly going to be the next or new type of trade installed if the banking system fails, but why further it now, we may never need it or it may never catch on , we have to want to use this type of trade if it is to catch on, if we as a people continue to visualize a healthy economy and a healthy planet, things will right themselves , at least from what i have come to understand and know cumulatively at this point, this is possibly the best solution to everything that is happening around us right now, its a bit over whelming i know, how can it not be?

i know in the past i have always looked for one good thing to attach one good feeling to, then blanket the future with faith and the thought of humbleness which may or may not help but its the only way for me to have continued faith in the world , i wont give up but i need one good thing (other than P.A. here lol) to have as a starting place to emanate from.i do thank all of the P.A. folks for their undying faith and ideas that DO give me continued faith and the will to want to continue to make things better, even though it seems there is no place to turn for stability or a positive strong hold to anchor ones beliefs.

i have read that the power of ones consciousness is more powerful than all the negative intent of the world, thats a tough idea to accept and instill in your belief system but i know from personal experience the cosmos knows not what is suppose to happen tomorrow yet, i think there is a basic plan that will evolve if no one steps in to change things for the better of for the betterment of the world, i feel we as a peaceful and positive people can change the world for the better, it just starts with one positive vision and a little or a lot of faith to charge that vision up and put it out into the universal mind to make room for these positive changes

i believe if ones vision is for the betterment of the people or the world around us, than it will come to pass, in my mind whatever is presently happening started with one persons mis guided vision of a world they think (thought) will make their world better, regardless of everyone elses experience

it makes sense to me that more people want and in-vision positive changes for the world so that we as a positive collective will be able to effect positive changes in our future ,prayer is a powerful force, it can and should be used collectively to help these positive changes come about. well thats about all i have for now folks, keep the faith, peace,dennis
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 24th March 2013 at 17:43. Reason: add a few paragraphs

15. Link to Post #11
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,622 times in 602 posts

Quote devilpideon said: BitCoin??? Are you serious?????? A "currency" that's worthless once you're off the internet???
    I actually think Bitcoin is pretty good. In many ways it's better than metals.

I don't subscribe to the idea that Gold and Silver are a "Haven". For a start, they are not a currency - their value is intrinsic and they are pretty useless as a currency. (Unless all the Gold in the world gets minted into tiny coins and equally distributed to the world's citizens).

On the other hand, Bitcoins have no intrinsic value - their value derives from it's use as a currency - so straight away you can see it' works'. (By the way, that previous comment about it not being of any use outside the internet is simply not true. Physical bitcoins are available - ones that you put in your pocket).

It's got ALL the makings of being a saviour from the "money as debt" financial system as far as I can see. In particular:

- it has no intrinsic value so ALL it's value derives from it's use a currency

- its quantity is controlled and limited to an absolute (No more will be issued after around 2030 I think)

- its quantity is not managed by any interested party (in particular not by and NWO psychopathic control freak tyrants)

- its use (and therefore value) is soaring. It's unlikely to go into reverse

- it's supremely convenient. Works at weekends and holiday, can be emailed etc

I changed my mind quite a bit about Gold and Silver after watching Bill Still's fantastic treatise on financial systems in the film "The Secret of Oz" - the best and most comprehensive appraisal I've ever seen about financial systems in general. He checks them all out going back to the Romans and concludes that what we want is a "Debt free" currency that's centrally issued and "spent" into the economy rather than borrowed. He describes the systems of "Tally sticks" that the Bank of England used centuries ago and how powerful this was in supporting an active economy.

Well, Bitcoin is basically an electronic "Tally Stick". Check it out (the tally sticks bit starts around 16:25)...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7qIhDdST27g

Pete

16. The Following User Says Thank You to indigopete For This Post:

selinam (25th March 2013)

17. Link to Post #12
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Just to add - although Gold and Silver have a high value just now, while there is a fully functioning currency, what happens when that currency collapses ?

People will not want to be buying Gold and Silver - they will want to be buying practical things like food, clothing and housing. For that you need a currency. You can't walk into a shop with a lump of gold and buy a loaf of bread - there just isn't enough gold around to do that.

That's why I think that all this precious metal hysteria is potentially misguided. They might end up having no value in a crash (if there is a competing form of currency that's far more practical in allowing people to survive and function on a day to day basis).

I don't see any alternative whatsoever to Bitcoin as a currency capable of surviving a massive economic crash. It has that supreme advantage and trump card over all other currencies which is that it does not derive it's value from an underlying debt. It has a second supreme advantage over metals which is that it works as a currency when they do not.

Just sayin. The world is an unpredictable place. I vote for Bitcoin.

18. Link to Post #13
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,123 times in 3,535 posts

Best

N
    No way; I donīt advice anyone to invest in Bitcoins.

Itīs already starting to be regulated by the government:

http://mashable.com/2013/03/23/bitcoin-regulatio/

Of course, did you expect that the banking cartel would allow for complex alternative currencies to grow out of control? They will probably kill it before it starts to cause them trouble.

Also, bitcoin was already hacked many times and I donīt consider it to be safe enough:

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2012/0...00-btc-stolen/

http://www.dailytech.com/Second+Bitc...ticle27776.htm

Bitcoin is not reliable and not stable enough as an alternative currency.

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 24th March 2013 at 17:36.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

GlassSteagallfan (27th March 2013), Limor Wolf (24th March 2013), RUSirius (24th March 2013), selinam (25th March 2013), Spirithorse (24th March 2013)

20. Link to Post #14
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Also, bitcoin was already hacked many times and I donīt consider it to be safe enough:
    Oh please.

That's like saying money's not a "safe form of currency" because a bank got robbed the other day. It's the bank that's not safe - not the currency. It will still work for whoever stole it. Those news stories refer to Bitcoin EXCHANGES being hacked - not the integrity of the currency ciphers themselves.

Also, bitcoin cannot be "regulated" any more than the post office can regulate email. I dare say it could be made illegal to transact in bitcoins - but if that happened it would just underline that bitcoin WAS the right solution in the face of the conventional corrupt financial system.

All this scaremongering about bitcoin isn't going to kill it - the longer it survives as a useable currency in the face of all the scare stories (that are hot air as far as I can see) the stronger it will get.

21. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by indigopete (here)
    Oh please.

That's like saying money's not a "safe form of currency" because a bank got robbed the other day. It's the bank that's not safe - not the currency. It will still work for whoever stole it. Those news stories refer to Bitcoin EXCHANGES being hacked - not the integrity of the currency ciphers themselves.

Also, bitcoin cannot be "regulated" any more than the post office can regulate email. I dare say it could be made illegal to transact in bitcoins - but if that happened it would just underline that bitcoin WAS the right solution in the face of the conventional corrupt financial system.

All this scaremongering about bitcoin isn't going to kill it - the longer it survives as a useable currency in the face of all the scare stories (that are hot air as far as I can see) the stronger it will get.
    So, would you take your money out of the banks to invest them in Bitcoins? Go ahead...

In the worse case scenario, itīs a digital currency, and if itīs digital it can vanish. The internet environment isnīt even close to be safe. And what if the governments make it it illegal, which is something thatīs very likely to happen? Do you have any idea what would be the devaluation consequences to bitcoin? It becomes worthless if suddenly you canīt buy anything with it within the legal environment.

Anyway, Iīm not advocating keeping your money in the bank.

All Iīm saying is that there are much better and reliable ways to invest your hard earned money than digital intangibles. In case of a major collapse, could you even be sure you would continue to have free access to the internet?

Also, Bitcoin is a secure system only so long as you keep your wallet secured. What if someones hacks into your wallet and steals it, like happened to this guy (someone hacked into his computer and stole the equivalent of U$500.000,00 in bitcoins)? No, digital currency is not safe, my friend.

At least, in conventional banking, if someone hacks into your account and steals your money, the bank will give it back to you.

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 24th March 2013 at 18:11.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

DevilPigeon (24th March 2013), GlassSteagallfan (27th March 2013), Limor Wolf (24th March 2013), RUSirius (24th March 2013), Spirithorse (24th March 2013), Wind (25th March 2013)

23. Link to Post #16
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

So, would you take your money out of the banks to invest them in Bitcoins? Go ahead...
    In the worse case scenario, itīs a digital currency, and if itīs digital it can vanish. The internet environment isnīt even close to be safe.
    I kind of see it the other way around. It's the fact that it IS electronic that's going to make it viable and valuable - even in a crash.

I agree that anything that 's electronic is volatile, but since the dawn of man currency had been mostly numbers in a ledger. Gold is only of any value if there is a viable currency around with which to value it. It's not a "currency" in it's own right.

Sure, there will still be some people who want to buy precious metals - but only some. On the other hand, EVERYBODY will require to get their hands on a viable form of currency. So if there is one around that emerges relatively un-pummelled by the crash then it will be extremely valuable.

My point is that any big financial crash is likely to be caused by a debt implosion (i.e. all the money in the world loses it's value because of mass defaulting and subsequent loss of confidence - remember it's debt that underwrites the value of today's money).

Bitcoin would not be affected by such a crash - at least not directly. It's unique properties make such a debt implosion survivable.

On the other hand, there's no telling if precious metals would be - they might just crash with everything else due to lack of demand since they have no practical value in such a crisis. That's why I referred to all the furore over gold and silver as "hysteria" earlier - because people are just ascribing value to precious metals because everyone else does (and Alex jones and Mac Kaiser - for all his greatness and I do like him). They don't actually think it through for themselves. (Present company excepted of course - I'm sure everyone on this thread has thought it through and I respect people's opinion if they want to put their cash into metals - I just think it's not as clear cut a safe bet as it seems).

Just sayin - the world's an unpredictable place. Nothing's as it seems.

24. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by indigopete (here)

On the other hand, there's no telling if precious metals would be - they might just crash with everything else due to lack of demand since they have no practical value in such a crisis.
    Hey pete,

Man, I assure you. In a scenario where even precious metals become worthless to trade for essential goods, bitcoins will be completely worthless.

Please folks, donīt do this. Itīs ok if you want to try bitcoin, but donīt invest big money on it. The bitcoin forum is full of cases where people had their "wallets" hacked and never managed to get their money back, like the one I posted on my previous reply.

Raf.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Conchis (26th March 2013), GlassSteagallfan (27th March 2013), Hervé (24th March 2013), RUSirius (24th March 2013), Spirithorse (24th March 2013)

26. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member foreverfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 times in 528 posts

27. The Following User Says Thank You to foreverfan For This Post:

28. Link to Post #19
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

RMorgan -

You referred to bitcoin's "volatility" being an electronic currency but this comparison is not appropriate. I think you are confusing "electronic" with "debt based".

i.e. it's not the fact that it's electronic that makes cash volatile - it's the fact that its * created as debt * and levered on a fixed capital base. It's therefore dependent on the confidence that the ultimate creditors on whom that debt falls will not default.

Bitcoin on the other hand is not debt-based. It cannot "disappear" the way classic cash can - it's got nothing to do with being electronic or otherwise, its got to do with the nature of the currency, so I don't accept the comparison in terms of volatility - they are chalk and cheese.

In a scenario where even precious metals become worthless to trade for essential goods
    When have precious metals ever been "tradeable" for essential goods ?

If there's a worldwide bank run and the bottom drops out of the classic debt-based currencies, what are you going to do with a few slabs of silver under your bed ? Shave off some filings and take them down the baker's ? No - realistically you'll have to trade your precious metal for a functioning currency in order to deploy whatever "wealth" you managed to preserve and therein you have a problem. You'll have to find a buyer for your metals that wants the metal more than they want their currency.

Lets consider for a moment what it is that gives precious metals their "monetary" value (because they don't much of any other type of value):

[1] - their scarcity. This is the primary property - they can function as a BASIS for a currency (not a currency in their own right) because there is a limited amount

[2] - their attractiveness. I'd say this is of secondary importance but it probably does contribute an element of their value

[3] - there is some industrial value - e.g. in teeth and circuit boards but, again, of secondary importance to it's 'scarcely'

What makes something like bitcoin potentially far more valuable and "safe" than metals in a bank run situation is that it has the first property above but ADDITIONALLY can function as a fully fledged universal currency. (Note I said "potentially" - all this is hypothetical, however, these are the reasons I don't subscribe to the general Gold and Silver kneejerk solutions).

So what you might have in a crash is masses of people who are using the one currency that was immune to the crash to trade, plus a small minority who have nothing but gold and silver standing around with their pants around their ankles not being able to buy anything.

I'm sorry, but I just don't think it's automatic that precious metals are wealth preserver that their being cracked up to be in a modern electronic world.

29. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Hey pete,

I agree with you on this point; gold or silver are useless in case of an extreme crisis. There are stories from WWII of people trading 1Kg of gold for 1Kg of food.

In case of an extreme global crisis, the farmers are the new "millionaires".

Anyway, I never said bitcoins are debt based. I know they are not. I just said that, if they make it illegal, it will become worthless. It will have no value if you canīt buy stuff with it within the legal market.

The point is, bitcoin is digital. Just browse around the link I posted on reply #15 about a guy who had the equivalent of U$500.000,00 stolen in bitcoins.

Bitcoins are damn fragile, mate. The security measures you must take to make your wallet file safe are totally out of the "average Joeīs" capabilities. The bitcoin system is far from being safe for regular computer users. I mean, FAR.

As I said before, the digital environment is very fragile; There are countless cases of people who lost large amounts of money in bitcoins, and as the use of bitcoin grows, more and more people will be stolen.

And what if thereīs a big internet crash? What if thereīs a solar storm that fries the whole grid? What it the government decides to make bitcoins illegal, which may happen eventually, do you think they would keep their value?

Mate, at least if someone hacked your bank account and stole U$500.000,00 from it, the bank would give your money back. If someone manages to steal your bitcoins, youīll never see them again.

Listen to my advice folks, if you invest large sums of money in bitcoins, youīre crazy unless you know what youīre doing. Bitcoins are not safe for the average computer user and even computer savvy people had their bitcoins stolen; Just browse around the bitcoin forum.

Anyway, you donīt need to trust me on this one. Just browse around the web to see many horror stories regarding bitcoins. Youīll see many in the bitcoin forum itself.

Read this great article if you are interested; The Rise and Fall of Bitcoin, then tell me if you think Iīm wrong. Bitcoins are simply not stable and not safe.

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 24th March 2013 at 20:42.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Conchis (26th March 2013), GlassSteagallfan (27th March 2013), RUSirius (26th March 2013), Spirithorse (24th March 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast