+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ancient Mysteries – The Stephensville Lights

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Skywizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,727 times in 1,319 posts

Default Ancient Mysteries – The Stephensville Lights

This is a video I ran across and thought it was interesting enough to post.

One of the most widely publicized UFO reports of the past few years is the so-called Stephenville Lights (January 8, 2008). Forty witnesses reported seeing very bright lights that made no sound, moved both slowly and very quickly and many of them said the lights were pursued by military aircraft.

skywizard
    ~~ One foot in the Ancient World and the other in the Now ~~

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Skywizard For This Post:

boja (25th March 2013), ceetee9 (25th March 2013), crosby (26th March 2013), Knowrainknowrainbows! (25th March 2013), kudzy (25th March 2013), mojo (24th March 2013), Ontarioguy (24th March 2013), rgray222 (24th March 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,808 times in 2,892 posts

Default Re: Ancient Mysteries – The Stephensville Lights

Is this show a new show, i don't watch TV anymore
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

crosby (26th March 2013), mojo (24th March 2013), Ontarioguy (26th March 2013), Star Tsar (24th March 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,254 times in 1,040 posts

Quote Posted by shadowstalker (here)
    Is this show a new show, i don't watch TV anymore
    Yes, it's a new show called Alien Mysteries....on Discovery Channel (I believe). Personally, I find it a bit too sensationalized for my liking. I prefer Ancient Aliens to Alien Mysteries.

Dave - Toronto

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

crosby (26th March 2013), mojo (24th March 2013), Ontarioguy (24th March 2013), shadowstalker (24th March 2013), Star Tsar (24th March 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Well A.A. (for the most part) deals with the past.
    This is more up to date stuff, And it's tv what did anyone expect lol.
    Namaste-Matte

My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

crosby (26th March 2013), mojo (24th March 2013), Ontarioguy (24th March 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,254 times in 1,040 posts

True enough. I just prefer the way AA is presented compared to Alien Mysteries. Not that AA is not sensationalized, because it is. Just, for me, Alien Mysteries is a bit over the top (was turned off of it after only watching 5 minutes of the first episode).

Dave - Toronto

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

crosby (26th March 2013), mojo (24th March 2013), Ontarioguy (24th March 2013), shadowstalker (24th March 2013), Star Tsar (24th March 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

True on all counts.
    But for me research is research, and every bit counts. got to separate the wheat from the chaff if one wants to get to the truth. even if part of it is on the boob tube. lol
    Love watching these things on the net, no commercials, less time sifting.
    Namaste-Matte

My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,426 times in 5,645 posts

thanks for asking because I didnt know either. Unfortunately its not on the listings we get here...I'm sad to hear the above comments on a new show that should be done better knowing the mountain of current information to choose from.

never mind it played again
    Last edited by mojo; 24th March 2013 at 21:13.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

crosby (26th March 2013), Ontarioguy (26th March 2013), shadowstalker (24th March 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I like the new Alien Mysteries on the Discovery channel....the episode posted above in this thread was a good one! Air craft pilot who knows the diff between a conventional air craft and a NON conventional air craft pushes for answers and ends up encouraging many many witnesses including a law enforcement officer who come forward after witnessing military F-16's screaming overhead chasing whatever this NON conventional air craft was......my only beef with this program is all the friggin commercials...UNREAL!!!! added up the commercial time and it turns out the episode could be easily shown in 30 minutes without the commercials!!! So I will probably wait to watch them on youtube if anything. And there are commercials that are sooo contraversial that they would never have been allowed on TV as little as 10 years back.....it seems there is no such thing as a sensorship board anymore. No wonder I despise the idiot box!!!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ontarioguy For This Post:

crosby (26th March 2013), mojo (24th March 2013), shadowstalker (24th March 2013)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Is it me or does the opening credits state that the aliens are already here? did i hear that right?
    This seems to be the only show so far that comes right out and says it..
    Namaste-Matte

My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Yes Shadowstalker, VERY GOOD point...I felt a sense of dare I say it...."disclosure of sorts" ?? if you will? or at least perhaps a "conditioning" of the viewers sub consciously, when I hear that each time during the opening credits. It just seems like the masses are being gently conditioned to accept their apparent presence here on earth. There is a new episode airing on the TV tonight here in about an hours time. Not sure if I will be able to NOT check it out...I probably will...but I am sooooo NOT looking forward to them rediculous commercials.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ontarioguy For This Post:

crosby (26th March 2013), mojo (24th March 2013), shadowstalker (24th March 2013)

21. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Heheheh I'll just wait for Skywizard to post it ...lol
    Nice to know they are dedicating whole episode to a story each.
    Namaste-Matte

My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

crosby (26th March 2013), mojo (24th March 2013), Ontarioguy (26th March 2013), Skywizard (25th March 2013)

23. Link to Post #12
    Canada Avalon Member Youniverse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 times in 532 posts

Quote Posted by Ontarioguy (here)
    I like the new Alien Mysteries on the Discovery channel....the episode posted above in this thread was a good one! Air craft pilot who knows the diff between a conventional air craft and a NON conventional air craft pushes for answers and ends up encouraging many many witnesses including a law enforcement officer who come forward after witnessing military F-16's screaming overhead chasing whatever this NON conventional air craft was......my only beef with this program is all the friggin commercials...UNREAL!!!! added up the commercial time and it turns out the episode could be easily shown in 30 minutes without the commercials!!! So I will probably wait to watch them on youtube if anything. And there are commercials that are sooo contraversial that they would never have been allowed on TV as little as 10 years back.....it seems there is no such thing as a sensorship board anymore. No wonder I despise the idiot box!!!
    I agree! I have watched about 6 episodes now. I suppose you could call the show sensationalized if you want to look at it that way. I just figured it was well produced, instead of the cheesy effects and dramatizations you usually get with this kind of stuff. The Stephenville Lights is definately an intriguing case in my opinion. I like it when there are many many witnesses to corroborate the story so it's hard to cover up. For some reason Alien Mysteries wasn't on tonight. There's usually two episodes every Sunday where I live.

Yes the way the show is done can make it suspect in some ways. But coming from those of us that already feel very strongly in the existence of UFOs/ETs, it is a well done show that can bring more people into taking disclosure more seriously. At any rate, I enjoyed the show .
    If we want to be enlightened, we need to lighten up

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Youniverse For This Post:

crosby (26th March 2013), Ontarioguy (26th March 2013), shadowstalker (25th March 2013)

25. Link to Post #13
    Canada Avalon Member Youniverse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 times in 532 posts

Does anybody know where the show is produced? I always see at the end of the show some credits having to do with Canadian broadcasters or something. But that might just be because it's on Discovery Canada channel.
    If we want to be enlightened, we need to lighten up

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Youniverse For This Post:

crosby (26th March 2013), Ontarioguy (26th March 2013)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

annoying ads

28. The Following User Says Thank You to tnkayaker For This Post:

Ontarioguy (26th March 2013)

29. Link to Post #15
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

I feel I must weigh in here on the value of the program, "Alien Mysteries". I have watched all six of the available episodes (online viewing links are provided below) and I find my opinion at odds with some of those already expressed in this thread. I had been on the verge, already, of giving fellow Avalonians a heads-up about this show, but must now throw in my two cents' worth before too many minds are made up that this is a shabby and shallow piece of sensationalist television. On the contrary, I find the content and production values of this show to be first rate, and would recommend it as a worthy adjunct to the relevant interviews found on our sister site, Project Camelot. As such, it makes valuable contributions to the whole subject of "Disclosure".

Having stumbled across it just last month, I was prepared to be disappointed by another debunker-style "hit piece" but I was hooked immediately. Not only did it take the incidents seriously, but in each case they had done interviews with the actual people involved. Their testimony was clear, in some depth and up to date.

Unlike the aforementioned "Ancient Aliens" series, which I quite enjoy, I find that this show does NOT go out of its way to sensationalize the subject. "Ancient Aliens" is full of conjecture and "What if ...?" postulations and really reaches to connect some rather distant and vague dots. Not so with Alien Mysteries: each show is a stand-alone examination, a case study of a UFO mystery, and makes no unwarranted claims about the forces at work. They merely do their best to offer the testimonies of the people directly involved and those of the people who investigated the original phenomena. In this they do justice to the sane honesty and intelligence of both the witnesses/experiencers of the incident and the audience.

This was particularly evident in the Rendlesham Forest incident. I have followed elements of this story for quite some time (including some statements made by Mr. Bob Dean) and was delighted to find that some new pieces were added to the puzzle. There was even some new information offered by John Burroughs, in which he revealed that he was now able to recall his experience when he had been taken into the alien craft. Their testimony was taken seriously, without the show's producers having called in debunking "experts" to explain how the men could have been so 'deluded'. For the first time, I was able to see the men reveal their truths as they spoke under hypnosis, sessions video-recorded by their therapists. Very compelling.

It is in marked contrast to such gawd-awful efforts as the old "UFO Hunters". In fact Bill Birnes, leader of the purported team of investigators on the "UFO Hunters" television program was exposed as an agent of disinformation by Jef Harvey, a self-described "White Hat" during an interview on Jon Kelly's program. I found Jef Harvey's information to completely in line with the whistle blowers so often championed by Kerry and Bill. I highly recommend checking out his testimony, which is outlined in a piece in the online site, "UFO Digest":

http://www.ufodigest.com/article/are...erative-claims

This may seem like a digression, but I wish to make the point that "Alien Mysteries" is not like Bill Birnes' sad and despicable project.

"Alien Mysteries" promises to do real research and to portray the results honestly and it delivers on this promise.

If I was put in charge of creating shows about some of the most famous UFO mysteries, this is as close as could come: IMHO, it's the real deal. Please check it out and make up your own mind.

A more full description of the series is copied here (from their website)

About Alien Mysteries

"They are watching, they are waiting, they are already here..."

Discovery's Compelling, Imaginative, Breakthrough New Series ALIEN MYSTERIES airs Sundays at 8 & 9 ET.

Discovery Canada and its award-winning international production house, EPI (Exploration Production Inc.) has completed production on the all-new breakthrough CGI series, ALIEN MYSTERIES. The shockingly imaginative original Canadian series candidly chronicles first-person accounts of UFO sightings, alien encounters and abductions. In each episode, dramatic reenactments recount stunning real-life unexplained alien experiences, taking viewers on a thrilling - and sometimes terrifying - journey. Their bizarre, life-altering encounters are vividly depicted using new state-of-the-art CGI and green screen techniques and created by Toronto-based Acme Digital Pictures. As well, each story features scientists and researchers who probe the question - how is this possible?

Discovery's ALIEN MYSTERIES is a fantastically creative and imaginative new take on some of the most enduring UFO mysteries from the last 50 years. Each story is backed up by credible witnesses, investigative reports, and tangible evidence such as physical markings, photographs, radar reports, and videos.

"It's without doubt the most challenging factual production we've ever undertaken and we are tremendously thrilled and excited by the result," said Paul Lewis, President and General Manager, Discovery Networks. "This spring, Canadian audiences will be awe-struck by ALIEN MYSTERIES - a truly impressive production featuring unexplained stories, and the real science behind it. This is the kind of thing Discovery does best."

"The purpose of the show is not to de-bunk," said Executive Producer Karen McCairley. "With the help of recognized science experts, ALIEN MYSTERIES pulls back the curtain pushing us to open our minds in search of answers."

Highlights from episodes 3 & 4 of ALIEN MYSTERIES include:

ALIEN MYSTERIES: "CORINA SABELS"
    Sunday, March 10 at 8 p.m. ET/PTIn July 1991, Corina Saebels, a devoted single mother of two, sees a huge spaceship hovering over her home in Aldergrove, British Columbia. When she learns from her friend that she disappeared for more than 45 minutes, time she can't account for, she reports the sighting to UFO BC and discovers 15 people witnessed a similar craft. Corina faces her life's biggest challenge when her daughter reports seeing an alien in her bedroom. The incident triggers a haunting childhood memory and sparks a series of flashbacks that expose Corina to the aliens who are after her and her family. Corina moves her family from Aldergrove to protect her daughter, but can how long can she hide?

ALIEN MYSTERIES: "RENDLESHAM FOREST"
    Sunday, March 10 at 9 p.m. ET/PTOn Christmas night in 1980, US Airmen Jim Penniston and John Burroughs venture into England's Rendlesham Forest to investigate a probable downed airplane. What they see defies description - is it a glowing orb, a classified military craft, or a UFO from a distant galaxy? The two men are even more mystified when they discover missing time and their memories don't match up. Two nights later, while haunting visions keep Penniston awake at home, Burroughs and a team of men return to Rendlesham forest and discover more strange lights they can't explain. The airmen report their findings to their superiors and are instructed to hush up their accounts. When a series of mysterious physical ailments turn Pennsiton and Burroughs to hypnotherapy for answers, they discover an unearthly explanation that pushes the boundaries of time and space.

Here's a link to the site where you can watch all of the episodes online:

http://watch.discoverychannel.ca/ali...es/#clip879818

And, in some good news for our American cousins, an American company has just picked it up for distribution in the U.S. -

http://realscreen.com/2013/03/22/ali...ional-markets/

Enjoy!

Brian
    Last edited by Fellow Aspirant; 25th March 2013 at 06:53.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

boja (25th March 2013), ceetee9 (25th March 2013), crosby (26th March 2013), Ol' Roy (25th March 2013), Ontarioguy (26th March 2013), shadowstalker (26th March 2013), Sir Eltor (26th March 2013)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,798 times in 2,657 posts

thanks for the thread skywizard. i always enjoy what you bring to the table. i found this episode quite interesting especially when they starting talking about 'crawford ranch'.......
    regards, corson

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

Ontarioguy (26th March 2013), Skywizard (26th March 2013)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Youniverse (here)
    Quote Posted by Ontarioguy (here)
    I agree! I have watched about 6 episodes now. I suppose you could call the show sensationalized if you want to look at it that way. I just figured it was well produced, instead of the cheesy effects and dramatizations you usually get with this kind of stuff. The Stephenville Lights is definately an intriguing case in my opinion. I like it when there are many many witnesses to corroborate the story so it's hard to cover up. For some reason Alien Mysteries wasn't on tonight. There's usually two episodes every Sunday where I live.

Yes the way the show is done can make it suspect in some ways. But coming from those of us that already feel very strongly in the existence of UFOs/ETs, it is a well done show that can bring more people into taking disclosure more seriously. At any rate, I enjoyed the show .
    Yeah Youniverse, I was somewhat dissapointed as well when I found that it was not on last night. It has aired for the past 3 Sunday nights in a row here at 8pm est....and would run 2 one hour episodes back to back until 10 pm. Having aired for the last 3 weeks that would account for 6 episodes already which I was made aware is what the season is comprised of. Yeah only 6 episodes....grrrr....so now what? I even checked next weeks Sunday listings for 8pm, and still nothing scheduled. So now I am wondering when the next season or episode will begin? Oh and I also did see that it is on its way to the good ol US of A as well....yes the series will apparently be broadcast in the USA in the near future I have read. Here is the canadian calendar.... http://www.episodecalendar.com/show/alien-mysteries

And here is where I read about it coming to the United States.... http://www.openminds.tv/alien-myster...elevision-941/

Cheers all!

P.S. Thanks to Fellow Aspirant as he seemed to already have copied a link for our neighbours to watch from.... I just read back and realized .....my bad, lol. Thanks brother!
    Last edited by Ontarioguy; 26th March 2013 at 02:19.

+ Reply to Thread