Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast

Thread: World financial affairs coming to a head ... potentially within weeks

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 139,014 times in 21,568 posts

Default Re: World financial affairs coming to a head ... potentially within weeks

Quote Posted by Vivek (here)
    Paul or anybody,

If North Korea drops a nuke on one of our bases in Japan, do you think that might trigger an economic collapse for Japan?
    North Korea Cuts Hotline, Warns Of 'Simmering Nuclear War'

North Korea orders military to combat ready; target U.S.
    I mean, from what I've read, Japan is "due". They've been coasting along with an slow moving "zombie economy" for a while now and their national debt has been over 200%(!) of their GDP since that major earthquake a few years back.
    I personally am not expecting North Korea to drop a nuke on anyone. But if they did, then either (1) it escalates into major war, and all our piddling economic bets are off, or (2) it's contained to roughly the North Korean peninsula, perhaps making South Korea an island (a bit of gallows humor there.)

In other words, either there is not a significant impact on the world economic and monetary system, or such a system no longer exists.

Presently economic impacts caused by weapons of mass destruction are being caused by the hidden use of such weapons, such as in 9/11 and likely in some major earthquakes or other major "accidents."
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (29th March 2013), Jeffrey (28th March 2013), kanishk (30th March 2013), RMorgan (28th March 2013), sigma6 (28th March 2013)

3. Link to Post #42
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,195 times in 1,429 posts

Default Re: World financial affairs coming to a head ... potentially within weeks

--------------------

Chinese Stocks Are Diving — Banks And Property Developers Are Getting Slammed

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/china...#ixzz2OnVIAmgn

Happing now, as of the last hour or so.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 28th March 2013 at 03:47.

4. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Prodigal Son's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 675 posts

Quote Posted by PathWalker (here)
    The imminent economic collapse, is not the destruction of the human culture as we know it. To the opposite.
    Those are my feelings exactly. When I tell people about the destruction of the Fed, I do it with glee. They always say, "it's scary". And I tell them, "that is exactly what keeps them in power".

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Prodigal Son For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (29th March 2013), InTheBackground (29th March 2013), Jeffrey (28th March 2013), Limor Wolf (30th March 2013), sigma6 (28th March 2013), write4change (28th March 2013)

6. Link to Post #44
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I completely agree that overall and in the end this is a "cleansing" of all the bad economics, policy, and politics.

Please realize though, this will not be a walk in the park. I have faith in humanity, but we also have to recognize that many people do not.

When it comes down to it, it's going to be rough -- really rough. That's what we need to be prepared for. Physically/materially and mentally.

7. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member Prodigal Son's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 675 posts

I completely agree that overall and in the end this is a "cleansing" of all the bad economics, policy, and politics.

Please realize though, this will not be a walk in the park. I have faith in humanity, but we also have to recognize that many people do not.

When it comes down to it, it's going to be rough -- really rough. That's what we need to be prepared for. Physically/materially and mentally.
    That's why it's best if it happens in at springtime in the northern hemisphere... "pray that your flight does not occur in wintertime..." -Matt 24:20

I have lots of good dandelion recipes

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Prodigal Son For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (29th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (28th March 2013), golden lady (30th March 2013), InTheBackground (29th March 2013), Jeffrey (28th March 2013), MorningSong (28th March 2013)

9. Link to Post #46
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

--------------------

Chinese Stocks Are Diving — Banks And Property Developers Are Getting Slammed

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/china...#ixzz2OnVIAmgn

Happing now, as of the last hour or so.

Shanghai Composite is now down 2.66%.

http://finance.yahoo.com/intlindices?e=asia

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/SHCOMP:IND

10. Link to Post #47
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

--------------------

Cyprus banks to reopen Thursday with tight controls

NICOSIA, CYPRUS (BNO NEWS) -- Cypriot's finance minister announced Wednesday that the country's banks will reopen on Thursday with tight controls to regulate the flow of capital, nearly two weeks after financial institutions were shut to avoid a bank run during the island's financial crisis.

Finance Minister Michalis Sarris issued a decree Wednesday to outline a range of temporary measures the government will take to avoid further instability in the financial system when banks reopen. It said the measures, which will apply for at least seven days, are to ensure public order and public security.

The Central Bank of Cyprus said the banks, which have been closed since March 16, will be open from 1000 GMT to 1600 GMT on Thursday. Customers will be able to withdraw a maximum of 300 euros ($383) per day from their accounts, but leftovers from the day's maximum will be added to the next day's allowance.

Businesses will be able to carry out transactions up to 5,000 euros ($6,390) per day, per account and pay salaries to their employees. Payments and transfers from outside Cyprus, via debit, credit or prepaid cards, will be permitted up to 5,000 euros ($6,390) per month, per person at each bank.

"These measures are temporary. The Central Bank of Cyprus and the Government of Cyprus will review them each day, with a view to progressive lifting of the measures as soon as circumstances allow," the finance ministry said in a statement, adding that credit and debit cards will continue to work.

Meanwhile, the ministry said the Cyprus Popular Bank, which is better known as the Laiki Bank, has been placed into administration. It said most of the businesses, including all insured deposits under 100,000 euros ($127,770), have been transferred to the Bank of Cyprus, and that Laiki Bank staff will become employees of the Bank of Cyprus.

Unlike insured deposits which have been fully protected, depositors with more than 100,000 euros ($127,770) in the top two banks face losing a large chunk of their money. The uninsured deposits will be partly converted into shares in the Bank of Cyprus and partly retained as cash.

"With these measures, the banking sector has been restored to viability, with the biggest part of the banking operations of Laiki Bank being merged with the Bank of Cyprus, and the Bank of Cyprus will be recapitalized immediately, creating a powerful credit institution worth to regain the trust of the Cypriot depositor and businessman," the ministry said in its statement.

The Cypriot government reached an agreement with the European Union, European Central Bank and the International Monetary Fund on Monday to restructure the country's crucial banking system, avoiding a dramatic exit from the eurozone. Shareholders and large depositors will face huge losses in return for the 10-billion euro ($12.7 billion) bailout.

Source: http://wireupdate.com/cyprus-banks-t...-controls.html

11. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

As long as there is electricity there will be the internet, personally I am inclined to believe whatever the true origin of the internet, it's creators may have seen this future. I think it was a necessary part of this timeline.

The internet cannot be controlled. regardless how much data they can back up and store, it would take a 100 years and growing to "process" it or read it. Can't be "humanly done" They are not even close technologically. Right now at best it is just all data being dumped with no where to go... Good luck I say...
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (29th March 2013), Jeffrey (28th March 2013), kanishk (30th March 2013), PathWalker (28th March 2013), penn (2nd April 2013), ThePythonicCow (28th March 2013)

13. Link to Post #49
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,903 times in 15,481 posts

The World Bank: Rejecting “The Rule of Law”

“The proverb, ‘What you don’t know can’t hurt you”, originated in 1576 as, ‘So long as I know it not, it hurteth mee not.’ But the opposite is true. Unpleasant hidden truths do the most harm. The best way to fight corruption is to expose it. Think of the World Bank as ENRON.” … Karen Hudes

by Karen Hudes (with Jim Fetzer)

Karen Hudes

When, thanks to Mark Novitsky, a federal whistleblower, I learned that Karen Hudes, who earned her J.D. at Yale, our most distinguished School of Law, and an M.Phil. in economics at the University of Amsterdam, which is also a formidable institution, had been removed from her position as Senior Counsel for the World Bank because of her efforts to expose corruption and reaffirm the rule of law in the form of appropriate standards of accounting, I was dumbfounded.

What initially appear to be obscure issues of international finance, moreover, have the potential to sever ties between us and our NATO allies and weaken the national security of the United States. The stakes involved are therefore extremely high for every American citizen.

During the World Bank and IMF Annual Meetings last October, with her encouragement, the Development Committee informed President Jim Yong Kim of the need for “a more open, transparent and accountable World Bank Group.” The reasons that motivated that request included the following series of disturbing developments:The Crisis in Cyprus as a Mini-Model

The threat by EU bankers to loot savings accounts held in Cyprus has raised red flags all over the world. As The New York Times (25 March 2013) has reported,
    LIMASSOL, CYPRUS — It is not just about rich Russians and Cypriot retirees. Also vitally at stake in this island country’s banking crisis is Cyprus’s credibility as a place for international companies to continue doing business.

Take Avid Life Media, the Canadian-owned operator of some of the world’s biggest online dating sites. Only a few weeks ago it set up an office here as a base for its international operations, attracted to Cyprus — as hundreds of other foreign businesses have been — because of its reputation for financial stability, a low corporate tax rate, a friendly banking environment and most of all, a strong rule of law.
    Now imagine that was the case for the most important bank of all, which affects the world’s economy. Imagine that bank accounts were being looted world-wide and you will begin to appreciate the dimensions of the problem.

When I discovered that Karen Hudes’ reinstatement, which was being supported by the finance ministers of the nations of the world, was being blocked by its recently appointed president, Jim Yong Kim, who was formerly President of Dartmouth, I was further astonished, because I had encountered Kim before. He had supported the publication for an article by a member of the computer science faculty, Hany Farid, who claimed that the backyard photographs used to convict Lee Harvey Oswald in the public mind were authentic, which was profoundly disturbing.

Hany Farid and “the backyard photographs”
    That is a claim that others had long since proven false. Jack White, the legendary JFK photo analyst, had testified to the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) when it had reinvestigated the deaths of JFK and of MLK in 1976-77 and had pointed out a dozen features that disqualify them. Oswald himself had told Capt. Will Fritz, the Dallas Homicide detective who interrogated him, that the photo he was shown had his face pasted on someone else’s body. Like other claims Oswald made at the time, subsequent research has proven that he was right.

The chin is not Lee Oswald’s chin, which was somewhat pointed, but a block chin; there is an insert line between the chin and his lower lip; and the finger tips of his right hand are cut off, for example. Even more interestingly,

he realized that the two communist newspapers that Oswald was holding–The Militant and The Worker–had known dimensions and could serve as an internal rule to determine the height of the person who was holding them. Using that method, he was able to establish that he was about 5’6″ tall, when Oswald was about 5’10″–which meant that either someone who was too short to be Oswald had posed for the photos or that they had been introduced too large when they were faked. Either way, they could not possibly be authentic.

When I discovered that Hany Farid, who has a lab funded by the FBI, had published the claim that he had proven them to be authentic by showing that it was possible to replicate the shadow cast by the nose in one of them, I knew he was perpetrating a fraud on the public, because (1) there are four poses taken in different positions at different times, where it would have been virtually impossible for the nose shadow to remain constant from one to another; and (2) there are many other indications of fakery besides the shadow cast by the nose that prove fakery, where even if he had been right about the nose shadow, his conclusion of authenticity would have been wrong. He was violating a basic precept of science by not basing his reasoning upon all the available relevant evidence

So I wrote to President Kim to explain why Darmouth was committing a blunder in supporting Hany Farid’s claim, which I substantiated with multiple lines of proof. Dartmouth stood pat, however, and never took steps to correct the record, even though it was a matter of immense public interest and concern. I published an article about my experience with Kim in an article co-authored with Jim Marrs in OpEdNews, “The Dartmouth JFK-Photo Fiasco” (20 November 2009) and followed up by publishing my correspondence in “Blowing the Whistle on Dartmouth: Hany Farid in the nation’s service” (26 January 2010), which I regarded as a professional obligation.

It now appears to me that Kim may have been rewarded for his contribution to the public deception about the death of JFK by being appointed to the World Bank, just as Paul Wolfowitz appears to have been appointed by George W. Bush for his contributions to 9/11 and the “war on terror”. I have long believed that, in Washington, D.C., the bigger the liar, the further you go. I now believe that, when it comes to acting contrary to the public interest, the presidency of the World Bank may be another sign of compliance with corruption, as the experiences of Karen Hudes reflects. I regard us as kindred spirits insofar as “whistle blowing” seems to be coursing through our veins.

Credit Ratings, NATO and Democracy: Too Big for Transparency?
    by Karen Hudes

Continue reading here: http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/03...e-rule-of-law/
    "La rιalitι est un rκve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hervι For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (29th March 2013), Calz (28th March 2013), InTheBackground (29th March 2013), Limor Wolf (30th March 2013), Muzz (1st April 2013), PathWalker (28th March 2013), RMorgan (28th March 2013), ThePythonicCow (28th March 2013)

15. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Has this been posted yet?

So Long, Yankees! China And Brazil Ditch US Dollar In Trade Deal Before BRICS Summit

Source: http://www.ibtimes.com/so-long-yanke...summit-1153415

By Ryan Villarreal | March 26 2013 5:49 PM

"China and Brazil agreed to trade in each other’s currencies just hours ahead of the BRICS summit in South Africa.

China Brazil
    REUTERS

The deal, which extends over a three-year period and amounts to an exchange of about $30 billion in trade per year, marks the latest effort among two of the world’s largest emerging economies to shift the dynamics of international trade that have long favored the U.S. dollar.

"Our interest is not to establish new relations with China, but to expand relations to be used in the case of turbulence in financial markets," Brazilian Central Bank Governor Alexandre Tombini said, Reuters reported.

By shifting some trade away from the U.S. dollar, the world’s primary reserve currency, the two countries aim to buffer their commercial ties against another financial crisis like the one that resulted from the collapse of the U.S. housing market bubble in 2008.

"Trade ties between China and Brazil are of great importance to the two countries' economies amid global woes and the member states' economic stability is vital for the BRICS mechanism," said Zhou Zhiwei, a researcher with the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Xinhua reported.

Trade between China and Brazil has exploded in recent years from $6.68 billion in 2003 to over $75 billion in 2012, and in 2009, China replaced the U.S. as Brazil’s main trading partner."

Dennis

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (29th March 2013), Jeffrey (28th March 2013), karamba (28th March 2013), Limor Wolf (30th March 2013), MorningSong (28th March 2013), PathWalker (28th March 2013), RMorgan (28th March 2013), RUSirius (30th March 2013), Zelig (28th March 2013)

17. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,493 times in 2,185 posts

Here's some news from troubled Japan:

Quote New BoJ chief slams Japan debt as 'abnormal'
    Agence France-PresseMarch 28, 2013 06:15

The new head of the Bank of Japan on Thursday called the country's eye-popping national debt "abnormal" and warned that Tokyo must avoid a plunge in confidence among bondholders.

Japan is struggling with chronically anaemic growth while its ever-increasing debt mountain stands at more than twice the size of the economy.

That is the worst ratio among industrialised nations and one set to grow as a rapidly ageing population strains the social welfare system.

"It is abnormal when the debt stands at more than twice GDP, and it's not sustainable," central bank chief Haruhiko Kuroda told parliament.

"It is extremely important to maintain confidence in financial and bond markets," he added.

Most of Japan's debt is held domestically, allowing it to sidestep the kind of criticism levelled at Greece and other eurozone nations by foreign debtholders.

Kuroda, who was installed as BoJ governor last week, has pledged "all-out efforts" to rid Japan of its long-running deflation, which the Oxford University graduate previously branded as "abnormal" for a developed economy.

The 68-year-old former Asian Development Bank president was Tokyo's choice to lead the central bank as it tries to fuel growth and hit a two-percent inflation target.

The aim is to reverse years of falling prices that have crimped private spending and corporate investment.

The Bank of Japan holds its first policy meeting under Kuroda next week, with widespread expectations it will launch aggressive monetary easing measures to kickstart the world's third-largest economy.
    http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...-debt-abnormal

Guess we'll be hearing more on this next week...
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (29th March 2013), InTheBackground (29th March 2013), Jeffrey (28th March 2013), PathWalker (28th March 2013), RMorgan (28th March 2013)

19. Link to Post #52
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

---------------

Forget Cyprus, Japan Is The Real Crisis
    by James Gruber | FORBES ASIA | 3/23/2013 @ 2:47PM

Forget Cyprus. A much bigger story in the coming weeks and months will be in Japan, where one of the greatest economic experiments in the modern era is about to begin. A country where government debt even dwarfs those of Europe’s crisis-ridden nations, Japan will attempt to inflate its way out of a 23-year deflationary spiral.

The overwhelming consensus among the world’s economists is that quantitative easing (QE) has saved the day in the U.S. and that Japan needs to follow suit, on a larger scale. I beg to differ and suggest this policy will almost certainly lead to a hyperinflationary disaster in Japan. If that’s right, it will have serious ramifications for other countries, dragged down by an acceleration of the so-called currency wars. More broadly though, it is likely to destroy the myth pushed by today’s economists that QE is a cure-all for downtrodden economies. It isn’t and Japan will become the template to prove it.

Monster stimulus on the way

The new Bank of Japan (BoJ) Governor, Haruhiko Kuroda, started work on Thursday and his first day on the job disappointed investors. At a press conference, Kuroda pledged to do whatever it takes to defeat deflation and reiterated the government’s target of 2% inflation. But he provided little in the way of specifics and investors promptly bought the yen and sold stocks.

More concrete measurers will almost certainly come by the central bank meeting on April 3-4. There are good odds that they may come even earlier via an emergency meeting of the bank.

It’s widely expected that the BoJ will expand its 101 trillion yen (US$1.06 trillion) asset buying program by more than 10 trillion yen. Also, it will start buying Japanese government bonds with remaining maturities of up to five years by scrapping the upper limit of three years by the end of April.

The idea behind the strategy is that you create money out of thin air, use that money to buy government bonds off private institutions and others, thereby increasing money supply and possibly inflation. Also, the institutions will start lending the money out, thereby kick-starting spending and the economy. That’s the theory anyhow.

[...]

Why Japan will fail

The subtitle indicates where I stand on the matter. Given its over-indebtedness, Japan has few good options left. But the policies being pursued by Shinzo Abe will fast-forward a major debt and currency crisis. It’s a matter of when, not if.

Government debt to GDP in Japan is now 245%, far higher than any other country. Total debt to GDP is 500%. Government expenditure to government revenue is a staggering 2000%. Meanwhile interest costs on government debt equal 25% of government revenue.

There’s no way that Japan will ever repay this debt. It has two main options: either go through extraordinary pain by cutting back on government expenditure or print substantial money to inflate some of the debt away.

Japan is choosing the second option, as are most governments around the world. It would rather print money than cut spending and doom the economy to a substantial contraction. The choice to print money though will result in an even more painful and drawn-out outcome.

It’s inevitable that the yen will fall further from here, potentially much further. I’ve previously said that the yen at 200 or 300 on the dollar would not surprise. This could prove optimistic.

It also seems inevitable that Japanese interest rates will rise and bonds will sell off. Yields have to rise to just 2% for interest costs on government debt to take up 80% of government revenue. The jig will be up well before that though.

Those that argue this won’t happen as 91% of Japanese government bonds are held by domestic investors are missing some key points. Foreign ownership of bonds is rising as domestic investors need more money to fund their retirements (Japan’s rapidly ageing population). Foreigners will demand higher yields for the risks that they’re taking on. And even domestic investors aren’t going to sit by earning 0.6% on a 10-year bond as hyperinflation takes hold and the currency tanks.

Currency wars to begin in earnest

Talk of currency wars has been on the backburner for a few months. Expect that talk to heat up and become a reality as Japan ramps up stimulus in the next two weeks.

The likes of South Korea and Taiwan are already suffering from the sharp fall of the yen. They, and many others such as Germany and emerging countries, aren’t going to sit by and watch their exporters get priced out of the market by the Japanese. They’ll retaliate with currency depreciations of their own and the currency wars will be on in earnest. But the question is whether these countries will be able to keep up with a hyper-inflating Japan. I highly doubt it.

Full article here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesgru...e-real-crisis/

---------------

The Stimulus Trap

Abe’s Stimulus May Trigger Japan Default, Fujimaki Says

Abe’s Japan Stimulus Plans in Jeopardy, Weinberg Says
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 28th March 2013 at 16:46.

20. Link to Post #53
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    The World Bank: Rejecting “The Rule of Law”
    Spiritguide started up a separate thread on this Veteran's Today article, which now has a little bit of discussion going on it. You can find that thread at The World Bank: Rejecting “The Rule of Law” (where I have copied this post of Amzer Zo as well, as explained in my Post #5 over there.)

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Calz (28th March 2013), Hervι (28th March 2013), Limor Wolf (30th March 2013), PathWalker (28th March 2013)

22. Link to Post #54
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by MorningSong (here)
    Guess we'll be hearing more on this next week...
    Between the Bank of Japan's next policy meeting and the escalating tension for war in Korea, it's looking like the first week of April could be really bumpy.

As of today: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...korea/2027607/

See also: Is the Yen Going Into a Free-Fall?
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 28th March 2013 at 21:47.

23. Link to Post #55
    Language
    English
    Thanks

See also: Is the Yen Going Into a Free-Fall?
    Short term, for the last few weeks, the Yen has actually been holding steady against the US Dollar.

Prior to the 2008 crash, the exchange rate between the Yen and Dollar was pretty steady, at about 0.8 US cents (1/100 of a US Dollar) per Yen.

Then from the 2008 crash through October of 2012, the Yen gained strength, up to 1.2 US cents per Yen.

Then from October 2012 through last month, February 2013, the Yen lost about half of that gain, getting back down to about 1.0 US cents per Yen.

From Feb 6, 2013 through today, Mar 28, 2013, the exchange rate has gone from 1.07 cents to 1.06 cents ... almost flat (with some modest ups and downs.)

See further http://www.indexmundi.com/xrates/gra...=USD&days=5475

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (29th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (29th March 2013), Jeffrey (28th March 2013), MorningSong (29th March 2013)

25. Link to Post #56
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

--------------------

Why Japan Is Keeping Quiet on the Yen
    Published: Wednesday, 27 Mar 2013 | 1:19 AM ET
    By: Dhara Ranasinghe

After talking their currency down 20 percent over the past four months, Japanese policymakers have suddenly gone silent as the yen halts its dramatic fall. Why?

Japan watchers give two possible reasons for this silence. It could be because of heightened international criticism over Japan's verbal intervention to weaken the yen and second the policymakers may be waiting to see what impact the currency's rapid weakening is having on the economy.

"We're not seeing the direct, verbal attacks on the yen anymore and that is important for the markets," said David Mann, head of regional research at Standard Chartered in Singapore, adding that the pace of depreciation in the yen was likely to slow as a result.

After its rapid decline the yen has regained some lost ground – it is up 2 percent from a 3-1/2 year low of 96.70 per dollar hit on March 12.

"It is an important point that the yen has weakened 20 percent, so it could be that there's now a wait-and-see approach to what the impact of that is, while being aware that they [Japanese officials] can't push the yen too far without attracting attention from policymakers around the world," Mann added.

[...]

"There are real implications for the yen – it's stopped dropping through the floor, partly I think, because Japan has curbed its comments," [Moody's Analytics Senior Economist Glenn Levin] added.

[...]

Analysts expect the yen to weaken beyond the 100 level per dollar in coming months but say the pace of decline is likely to be less marked than it has been.

[...]

Indeed, with Japan's central bank poised to embark on a more radical monetary policy than it has done in the past, the outlook for yen weakness remains, analysts said. The Bank of Japan's (BOJ) new chief said on Tuesday the central bank would purchase longer-dated government bonds to beat deflation.

"I look for the two meetings of the BOJ in April to push the yen to 100 per dollar and by the summer we'll be at 110 and then the Japanese will say that's enough," Napier said. "What Japan has to do then is lock in the yen's declines by taking the yen out of the safe-haven currency list and the way they do that is by threatening the market with infinite supply and intervention."

Developments over the past week are a good example of how the yen is perceived by investors, who snapped up the currency amid jitters about the fallout from a financial crisis in Cyprus.

The implication here is that the apparent silence on the yen from Tokyo now could come to an end if the safe-haven currency starts to strengthen further, derailing the downward move that Japanese policymakers are hoping will help kick-start the economy.

--------------------

Full article here: http://www.cnbc.com/id/100594712
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 28th March 2013 at 22:02.

26. Link to Post #57
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

About a week ago, on Doug Hagmann's show, financial insider "V" stated that before the first big domino falls (Japan's economy) we would see a massive cyber attack on banks that would effect the world markets.

Here is what he said:

Quote This is all a set up […] Before the big pop happens, you're going to see a massive bank hack […] That hack is going to wipe out a lot of accounts […] and they're going to play it off as some sort of [excuse to enforce?] a capital control.
    Now, there is an issue surfacing that could end up matching what "V" had stated last week. We know it has affected online banking (and the internet in general), but it's not over yet and we're not sure to what degree it will affect banking (i.e. just slow connections with online banking, or actually hacking bank accounts).

See this thread here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...tack-in-Europe

See also: The Nato bunker deep in Netherlands forest where hackers 'almost brought down world's internet in biggest every cyber-attack'

This is something to watch (along with info in next post).
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 29th March 2013 at 17:48.

27. Link to Post #58
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I really can't believe this thread has fallen to the fourth page. It should be a sticky, at least through April.

----------

About a week ago, on Doug Hagmann's show, financial insider "V" stated that before the first big domino falls (Japan's economy) we would see a massive cyber attack on banks that would effect the world markets.

Here is what he said:

Quote This is all a set up […] Before the big pop happens, you're going to see a massive bank hack […] That hack is going to wipe out a lot of accounts […] and they're going to play it off as some sort of [excuse to enforce?] a capital control.
    [...]
    Newest Cyberattacks On US Banks Are Destroying Data Rather Than Stealing It
    Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/cyber...#ixzz2OwX7sHqX
    US Banks Hit By Largest Cyber Attack Ever (But Won't Admit It)

Quote Often denial of service attacks "can be a diversion," says Dave Ostertag, a computer security expert and a global investigation manager with Verizon. At the same time, criminals might be trying to extract financial information from a bank using a variety of different techniques, he says.
    Read more: http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/53...won-t-admit-it
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 29th March 2013 at 17:13.

28. Link to Post #59
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

The cyberattacks would thus make sense as an "inside job": scrubbing data, hiding the cyber "paper trail."

Next, we'll hear that ***somehow*** {wink, wink} the data backups failed.

Dennis

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (29th March 2013), InTheBackground (1st April 2013), Jeffrey (29th March 2013), PathWalker (29th March 2013)

30. Link to Post #60
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,717 times in 8,943 posts

at the same time, since attack on Iran are fading, it is Korea that is showing up on the map. Haven't i read somewhere that the third world war would start with a surprise attack from a surprise place, not expected?? years ago I read this somewhere.

Second, the economy is in a shamble, and one way to put it up is making a war.

Third, before doing so, you erase money manipulation traces through bank software attacks, so that after a war, nothing is traceable (isn't it what was almost done after ww1, although less successful because not electronic) Destroying data instead of stealing is the major culprit in erasing previous stealiing.

fourth, you make sure everybody is brainwashed into a war and make them scared. You also eliminate a part of the population through germs warfare, while we are at it.

fifth, If all of the above does not work and people are not frighten enough to keep control of them, you introduce aliens invasion

1,2 and 3 are definitely linked together and now being implemented. 4 and 5, not sure. I feel paranoid since yesterday, so this goes with my mind today lol

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (29th March 2013), golden lady (30th March 2013), Jeffrey (29th March 2013), kanishk (30th March 2013), MorningSong (29th March 2013), PathWalker (29th March 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast