+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are we really gods?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Are we really gods?

I heard that we are really gods. Can someone explain that to me? How are we gods?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AMystic3434 For This Post:

ghostrider (29th March 2013), Kiforall (30th March 2013), Prodigal Son (29th March 2013), white wizard (29th March 2013), Wind (29th March 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member white wizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,057 times in 267 posts

Default Re: Are we really gods?

The biggest illusion is separation from the source and all of creation

is God, which means you and everything else is divine consciousness

and can be considered God or the source.
    knowledge is key to wisdom as is in keeping an open mind is essential for opening new doors

you once kept closed .

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to white wizard For This Post:

AMystic3434 (29th March 2013), Carmody (29th March 2013), Chester (29th March 2013), Heart-2-Heart (29th March 2013), Kiforall (30th March 2013), Maunagarjana (29th March 2013), Prodigal Son (29th March 2013), RUSirius (29th March 2013), UpToLight (29th March 2013), Wind (29th March 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

to exist in the form of a tribal religion, where god is proposed and imagined to be separate, is to abrogate responsibility and avoid being responsible for one's actions. Where desires are allowed to run rampant and exceed, nay control and project into all parameters of reasoned intelligence. This is the essence of self delusion.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

CD7 (29th March 2013), Chester (29th March 2013), conk (29th March 2013), Ellisa (29th March 2013), Heart-2-Heart (29th March 2013), Hervé (29th March 2013), Kiforall (30th March 2013), Maunagarjana (29th March 2013), Prodigal Son (29th March 2013), RUSirius (29th March 2013), skyflower (29th March 2013), white wizard (29th March 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,408 posts

Quote Posted by AMystic3434 (here)
    I heard that we are really gods. Can someone explain that to me? How are we gods?

I think in a sense...when people are discussing tht we create our own experience/world we are practicing this "godlike" quality. I believe tht a person can work this quality like a muscle to manipulate and create their environment to an extent...the more its practiced, the more precise it can become.

In another sense i have had visions of godlike beings---nothing like any of the depictions of any angel/god/superhero..etc we have seen from images crammed down our visual throat. The beings were us. So it seems tht i get a glance at something godly but see the clumsy superhero disguised in glasses and a fedora in our world here, lol

This is my take on are we gods? "Gods" being a word tht is limiting as we all have different perspectives on this subject, but i believe we have the capacity to b so much more tht it would appear to us now to be like gods....
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Chester (29th March 2013), Frank Hewitt (29th March 2013), Fred Steeves (29th March 2013), Maunagarjana (29th March 2013), Nickolai (30th March 2013), Prodigal Son (29th March 2013), RUSirius (29th March 2013), Wind (29th March 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

if you say unto this mountain be removed and be cast into the sea , it shall be done, by faith = knowing that your intention in your mind can control to some extent your physical reality around you... the spirit of creation that lives inside you ... the spirit in the flesh, the father in the son , my father in me does the work, the spirit in me does the work, spirit + body = human being , a spirit living in a body, a body with a spirit living inside it ...( the spirit of creation) we all have a measure of the great spirit in us, some have learned to listen to it, work with it, and use it for the good of mankind, others have corrupted it with false teaching, ever wonder why all wars are fought over religion ??? who wouldn't want to control an entire planet of demi-gods ... walking in their power and in their knowing, not believing, or hoping, but knowing ... the bible of most religions have tons of examles of this , it's just the teaching has been corrupted on purpose to enslave the world , making the masses feel helpless and easily controlled by religious leaders ... find and experience the power and love of ONEness , it will change you forever ... the asian way , harmony with body soul and spirit , it's all one, one mind, one spirit , one , same tree , we are just branches , some produce fruit, some provide a resting place for others, some provide shade, some provide shelter, but all are connected to the roots ... a small piece of the big bang , whatever you choose to call it, lives inside you ...we are a piece of creation in a body , for now ... it's important that you get this, it's the reason for being born, to know, to feel , and create, and learn... God is a human term for king of wisdom, remember the tree of knowledge was forbidden , why ? because we must not learn this is NO ledge, knowledge...infinity is possible when there is no-ledge( KNOWLEDGE) OF WHO YOU REALLY ARE ON THE INSIDE ...a spirit in a body , eternal and connected to creation for ever ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

CD7 (29th March 2013), Chester (29th March 2013), conk (29th March 2013), Prodigal Son (29th March 2013), RUSirius (29th March 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Maunagarjana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 times in 681 posts

I look at it as we are *larval* gods. There is a developmental process going on here, imho. And we have not reached the full expression of who we are yet.

But first you really have to define what a "god" is.

Are you talking about personified forces of nature? As living beings, I think we are that. Our choices individually and collectively change things on this planet and we are at a point collectively where we could easily destroy this planet, which we may yet still do.

Are you talking about beings in various religions like Zeus, Thor, Krishna, Yahweh, etc. And what were they, if not just fictional characters or representations of various things? I think most of them were (and possibly still are because they may well be immortal) essentially real beings or groups of beings from other planets or dimensions (or planets in other dimensions) who possess very amazing genetics, amazing technology, in *some* cases amazing spiritual insight and mental abilities, and great power. Just the technology alone of ETs would convince our ancient ancestors that they were gods. I love to quote the famous line from Arthur C. Clarke, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." By their standards, we today may be considered gods by them with the abilities that we have, even though we aren't immortal.

But maybe you're really talking about a creator god, a "big G" God, a being capable of thinking a universe into existence? Well, obviously we can't do that. But we are creators, in our humble way, which I feel is an expression of the desire to be like the universal creator who creates the basis for which all other creators on all other levels carry out their forms of creation. We humans create in our little sphere of things. To me, this is training to create on much vaster levels in the future. Today we create webpages, albums, movies, skyscrapers....and tomorrow we create solar systems and ecosystems and maybe even other races of beings....and beyond.
    Last edited by Maunagarjana; 29th March 2013 at 04:58.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Maunagarjana For This Post:

Prodigal Son (29th March 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

The Creator is everything and we are part of everything, like small fragments of God.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

CD7 (29th March 2013), Maunagarjana (29th March 2013), Prodigal Son (29th March 2013), white wizard (29th March 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    The Creator is everything and we are part of everything, like small fragments of God.
    Holographic fragments perhaps... in part
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Maunagarjana (29th March 2013), Prodigal Son (29th March 2013), Wind (29th March 2013)

17. Link to Post #9
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

Quote Posted by AMystic3434 (here)

Here is my 2 Cents

One huge pile of conscious energy (GOD) subdivides some of itself into smaller fragments, gives those fragments amnesia, and plays various holographic world simulations to imagine experiences of things.

You and I are these fragments, and the illusionary world we live in.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

Chester (29th March 2013), conk (29th March 2013), Heart-2-Heart (29th March 2013), Maunagarjana (29th March 2013), Prodigal Son (29th March 2013), syrwong (29th March 2013), Wind (29th March 2013)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Prodigal Son's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 675 posts

It's an evolutionary process, and we've got a loooooooong way to go

Exhibit A

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prodigal Son For This Post:

CD7 (29th March 2013), Maunagarjana (29th March 2013)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

If by God you mean something like "the one infinite creator", the answer is yes, we were made in that image.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

CD7 (29th March 2013), Wind (29th March 2013)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by Prodigal Son (here)

Exhibit A

Some do, but they will get there. Eventually.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Maunagarjana (29th March 2013), Prodigal Son (29th March 2013)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

Firstly, do you really know what/who you really are? For one thing, if you aren’t totally an object then you must be at least partly a subject (or else even “something” partly or wholly beyond both subject and object … ). Problem one: How in the world can you ever begin to look at the “subject” part/aspect of yourself (or the beyond-object-and-subject part/aspect)? (In other words, how do you get to know the “other side” of “me” – the “I” side?) As soon as you try to look at it, you’ve converted it into an object before you start.

I’d also like to suggest – without proof here, only because that would take too long – that who you really are absolutely isn’t an object at all. I mean, you’re alive, you’re not a dead rock – not in your center or your essence.

Combining the conclusions of the two previous paragraphs, it would seem it’s quite impossible for you to even look at who you truly are. So, any discussion about whether or not you could be divine seems clearly outside of your capabilities.

Actually, I do know a way to overcome that seeming impossibility. Apologies if I sound patronizing. I’m trying to challenge you. I’d like to ask most readers (well, not Carmody): can you overcome that apparent impossibility? Can you begin to? If you can’t, what’s the point of taking this any further?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Carmody (29th March 2013), Chester (29th March 2013), Prodigal Son (29th March 2013)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Prodigal Son (here)

Exhibit A

awww tht was great, cracked me up!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Prodigal Son (29th March 2013)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote In other words, how do you get to know the “other side” of “me” – the “I” side?) As soon as you try to look at it, you’ve converted it into an object before you start.

well i can only speak for myself...i sense a syntactical diorama could take place here...when i "looked" at it...it came from inside so doesnt seem like an object to me..it was a part of me coming out---only pieces i might add so all is not quite clear but its my take on it at the moment.

Quote can you overcome that apparent impossibility? Can you begin to? If you can’t, what’s the point of taking this any further?
    always invisioning tht...yes. Trying. There is no cant...taking it further is all i have, there is no stopping here FOR SURE

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Chester (29th March 2013), Prodigal Son (29th March 2013), TraineeHuman (29th March 2013)

31. Link to Post #16
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,524 times in 1,560 posts

Yup, we are all Gods! Whether we realise it or not.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

Chester (29th March 2013), Wind (29th March 2013)

33. Link to Post #17
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Its miss-leading.
    Gods is plural---its singular--- We are One without a second.
    Thats the description from Indian Mystics
    Eckhart Tolle says---"There is only one consciousness evolving to know itself."

God being formless became form in order to experience that which That knew.
    I am That I am.
    The mystic can truthfully say--- I am the Totality all of It.

Best explanations that I have heard =we are electro magnetic but not of the same wattage/power of what we call God.
    We are all waves of the Divine ocean-- 100% water.
    When the wave subsides into the ocean its perspective changes it knows itself to be the Ocean.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 29th March 2013 at 05:47.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Chester (29th March 2013), Heart-2-Heart (29th March 2013), Joseph McAree (29th March 2013), Wind (29th March 2013)

35. Link to Post #18
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

I do not think that gods and or god exist therefore I do not believe that we are gods--- and if we were all of us would have a disheartening way to go! I also think, as carmody suggests, that the existence of god would allow us to not take responsibility for our behaviour as individuals, and we would attribute our lives' events (good or bad) to supernatural causes, instead of using our own intelligence and effort. Humans do not need to pretend to be gods to achieve admirable outcomes.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

Chester (29th March 2013), MorningSong (29th March 2013)

37. Link to Post #19
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,568 times in 712 posts

Think of the creation and its evolution as a game. There must be an intelligence who created the game. We may name it god. Thus god created the worlds. In the game there are various characters, all having their roles to play and seeking for something. Think also who play those characters. Only the intelligence or god can play. Who else?

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to syrwong For This Post:

CD7 (30th March 2013), Chester (29th March 2013), Wind (29th March 2013)

39. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Maunagarjana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 times in 681 posts

I wonder what Jesus have thought about this....oh wait....

John 10:34 - "Jesus answered them, 'Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’'?

He was quoting Psalm 82:6 - "I said, You are gods, And all of you sons of the Most High."

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maunagarjana For This Post:

Carmen (29th March 2013), Chester (29th March 2013), greybeard (29th March 2013), Wind (29th March 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast