+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Dalai Lama

1. Link to Post #1
    Mexico Deactivated
    Thanks

Default The Dalai Lama

I have seen very often a lot of people quoting the dalai lama, praising him as a holy man and stuff like that, i hope some of you can give me evidence of him being a good man because i am going to show you what i have found, a perfect orwellian state:

an average day in feudal tibet

An article from davidicke.com posted by david http://www.davidicke.com/articles/hi...the-dalai-lama

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ht=meat+eaters
    Last edited by Frank Hewitt; 29th March 2013 at 23:05. Reason: mistaken writing

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Frank Hewitt For This Post:

GloriousPoetry (30th March 2013), Joseph McAree (30th March 2013), lookbeyond (30th March 2013), mosquito (30th March 2013), Moz (30th March 2013), northstar (29th March 2013), Sammy (1st April 2013), sirdipswitch (30th March 2013), spiritguide (30th March 2013), tnkayaker (30th March 2013), westhill (30th March 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Mexico On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,750 times in 370 posts

Default Re: The Dalai Lama

The Dalai Lama to me represents another representation of a masculine hierarchy of worship.........nothing different than another institutionalized religion governed by tradition and a belief system.
    Sublimating that push in life that gives you the rhythmic experience of living despite it all.........

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GloriousPoetry For This Post:

Frank Hewitt (30th March 2013), Joseph McAree (30th March 2013), lookbeyond (30th March 2013), lunaflare (30th March 2013), mosquito (30th March 2013), Moz (30th March 2013), Sammy (1st April 2013), ulli (30th March 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Frank Hewitt (here)
    I have seen very often a lot of people quoting the dalai lama, praising him as a holy man and stuff like that, i hope some of you can give me evidence of him being a good man because i am going to show you what i have found, a perfect orwellian state:

An article from davidicke.com posted by david http://www.davidicke.com/articles/hi...the-dalai-lama

truth is truth, rarely what we want to hear or face, it is what it is, unfortunate to those of us like myself that thought so differently, does it surprise me? nothing surprises me anymore, nothing is what you think it is , then again, if you believe in reincarnation, some souls have chosen to endure hardship in this life, its all pre chosen, by us before we come back so to learn our lessons maybe some souls choose to endure under an icon like this, does that make it any better , no, forgiveness is forgiveness , even the holy man himself needs it i see now, what a world we live in, what a world we live in , God help us, God help us.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tnkayaker For This Post:

Frank Hewitt (30th March 2013), Joseph McAree (30th March 2013), lookbeyond (30th March 2013), mosquito (30th March 2013), Paranormal (31st March 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,409 times in 553 posts

Quote Posted by tnkayaker (here)
    Quote Posted by Frank Hewitt (here)

truth is truth, rarely what we want to hear or face, it is what it is, unfortunate to those of us like myself that thought so differently, does it surprise me? nothing surprises me anymore, nothing is what you think it is , then again, if you believe in reincarnation, some souls have chosen to endure hardship in this life, its all pre chosen, by us before we come back so to learn our lessons maybe some souls choose to endure under an icon like this, does that make it any better , no, forgiveness is forgiveness , even the holy man himself needs it i see now, what a world we live in, what a world we live in , God help us, God help us.
    Ditto ditto and ditto-lookbeyond

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lookbeyond For This Post:

Joseph McAree (30th March 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Israel Avalon Member PathWalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,539 times in 1,050 posts

Many times we fail to distinguish between religion and spiritual teaching.

Religion is a control system, with power structure. Promoting fear, discrimination and war mongering.
    On the other hand. Spiritual teaching is a life guideline. Kind of life operator manual.

Not long ago, the Dalai Lama resigned his political/religious position to focus on spiritual practice.
    Does this correlates with the pope resignation?
    We are playing a virtual reality game, of duality. In the game of choices, align your choices with your ideals. Everything is whole, complete and perfect. Even yourself. Love is the power to change/create.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PathWalker For This Post:

Frank Hewitt (30th March 2013), mahalall (31st March 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

My understanding is that they are kinda like Vatican of the east, The royal family of the last empire of China have huge connection with Dalai Lama. They claim they are monks, but i think Buddhism just for the mass public, they kept the secret knowledge from the people. No one knows what they have been practicing behind the scene, probably black magic, human sacrifice. just my guessing
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Airwooz For This Post:

Frank Hewitt (30th March 2013), Sammy (1st April 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    Mexico Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote My understanding is that they are kinda like Vatican of the east, The royal family of the last empire of China have huge connection with Dalai Lama. They claim they are monks, but i think Buddhism just for the mass public, they kept the secret knowledge from the people. No one knows what they have been practicing behind the scene, probably black magic, human sacrifice. just my guessing
    Actually one of my friends told me that he read a book about a guywho described a ritual in which the lamas selected the most beautiful among the tibetians and left him straving to death, then the second most beautiful ate his rotten corpse and then he was left straving to death and then the dalai lama ate his rotten corpse. But i have no way to prove it because he doesnt remember the name of the book

14. Link to Post #8
    Netherlands Avalon Member Paranormal's Avatar
    Thanks

Frank, I can't give you any evidence because you have made up your mind. I agree with your premise - I am not religious for this reason - that "holy men" are never what they portray themselves to be.
    "There will be in the next generation or so a pharmacological method [FLOURIDE, ANTI-DEPRESANTS…] of making people love their servitude and producing dictatorship without tears… producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them but will rather enjoy it [AFTER 9/11]." - Aldous Huxley 1961 speech:"Contented with your servitude"

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paranormal For This Post:

Frank Hewitt (31st March 2013), genevieve (1st April 2013), Sammy (1st April 2013)

16. Link to Post #9
    United Arab Emirates Avalon Member mahalall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,936 times in 589 posts

The first video post make me smile and chuckle at the spin (Thankyou-Frank Hewitt)

The Tibetans are the adepts of energy manipulation-for good and or for bad-the Dalai Lama as a guardian is just warning-helping the ignorant.

Ones wonders what Siddhārtha Gautama would say of the present political-sectarian constructs

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mahalall For This Post:

Frank Hewitt (4th April 2013)

18. Link to Post #10
    Israel Avalon Member PathWalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,539 times in 1,050 posts

Please note the video above is not about the Dalai Lama but about the zealot Tibetan Buddhist fanatics.
    You have violent religion fanatics in any religion.
    These fanatics are not the official face of that religion.
    We are playing a virtual reality game, of duality. In the game of choices, align your choices with your ideals. Everything is whole, complete and perfect. Even yourself. Love is the power to change/create.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PathWalker For This Post:

mahalall (1st April 2013)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 997 posts

Sorry a bit off topic but relevent to the subject.
    Its a sticky subject, but any organised and named religion is following the leader, usually male, in a set of dogma based on a set of highly speculative stories which are often the same for each religion, but with different names and places. They are all a means of control, of hiding the real facts in myth and metaphor, and the fact that there is more than one, many even, is a necessary component of the warring factions, breeding zealots, tribal possesion of lands, and 'my god is better than your god' and on and on.

This method is finished, over, kaput! Nobody needs a middleman period, no one is more special, so we see a lot of re-shuffling around attempting to re-group and retain power. The shaking loose of organised religion, exposure of their nefarious deeds done in the name of God and gods.

I would not at all be surprised to see another 'burning of the library of Alexander event' at the vatican, (after the books and records are removed of course) which is what likely happened in the original event, and placed in the vatican. I couldn't say where they might be moved to; off planet possible, but for sure as we get deeper into the next age of the precession, and the 'fishes' relinquish their reign, the popes and archbishops, and cardinals will surely hang up their fish tail hats. And there will be no more reincarenation of a Dalai Lama. Done finished.
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

Frank Hewitt (4th April 2013), Sammy (1st April 2013), ulli (1st April 2013)

+ Reply to Thread