+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting spiritual experience I thought I would share during meditation

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

Thumbs up Interesting spiritual experience I thought I would share during meditation

During a 30 minute meditation experience earlier tonight with my eyes closed.

I started to see in my minds eye, a kaleidoscope of colors swirling inside my head.

I just watched it, and noticed a stick figure dancing and moving in the kaleidoscope colors.
    After a few moments I realized that this stick figure

was communicating with me telepathically.
    It was actually quite neat, the stick figure was dancing around at first as part of the scenery, than as I continued to adjust and remain completely calm, it started to move and attract my direct attention.

It somehow was teaching me that I could, like a child playing with his fingers in finger paint, I could change, with the desire of my mind, the colors and create shapes within the kaleidoscope, but with a twist, I was able to become and experience the kaleidoscope shapes as well.

I could actually feel myself morphing and changing shapes from sand to crystal and back again and I continuously changed in altered forms.

It lasted for a few minutes and than faded away.

This is why I enjoy meditating.
    Sometimes, experiences happen like this that are so profound.
    There are no words that I know of ....to express how beautiful this experience was.
    It was unique, and for a short time, I did not even feel my body, just my soul.

No drugs, just pure meditation.

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

Alecs (6th April 2013), Benimal (4th April 2013), ceetee9 (4th April 2013), DeDukshyn (6th April 2013), Eram (4th April 2013), Ernie Nemeth (4th April 2013), fifi (4th April 2013), Fred Steeves (4th April 2013), Holly Lindin (4th April 2013), jagman (4th April 2013), Libico (4th April 2013), lookbeyond (4th April 2013), mahalall (4th April 2013), Maia Gabrial (5th April 2013), Maunagarjana (4th April 2013), mosquito (4th April 2013), Pam (4th April 2013), RUSirius (4th April 2013), sheme (4th April 2013), Sidney (4th April 2013), WhiteFeather (4th April 2013), Zampano (4th April 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,415 times in 552 posts

Default Re: Interesting spiritual experience I thought I would share during meditation

How beautiful, i was always intrigued by kaleidoscopes as a child (still am!!)-lb

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Post:

Eram (4th April 2013), Holly Lindin (4th April 2013), jagman (4th April 2013), sheme (4th April 2013), Vitalux (4th April 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member wolfgaze's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Interesting spiritual experience I thought I would share during meditation

Neat!

I just get vibrant blue/purple bubbles or clouds that form and then shoot off and dissipate in the distance before re-forming and repeating.
    "Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to die before you die - and find that there is no death."

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wolfgaze For This Post:

Alecs (6th April 2013), Holly Lindin (4th April 2013), jagman (4th April 2013), sheme (4th April 2013), Vitalux (4th April 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

This has happened to me as well. Sometimes i also see the white snowflake like image.
    Its a sign of a well oiled Pineal Gland. Thanks for sharing.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Holly Lindin (4th April 2013), jagman (4th April 2013), Maunagarjana (4th April 2013), sheme (4th April 2013), Vitalux (4th April 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,405 times in 466 posts

Very nice, thanks for sharing!
    The 'rebellion' of the Mind, having the Mind run the show, is the Luciferian rebellion of wanting to leave Love-Christ-Heart behind and create a universe without the 'pesky feeling of the heart' holding it back
    ~ Tobias Lars

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to northstar For This Post:

Holly Lindin (4th April 2013), jagman (4th April 2013), Vitalux (4th April 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Maunagarjana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 times in 681 posts

Sounds kind of like a threshold dose of DMT.

I know, I know, no drugs....at least none introduced from outside.

I'm not sure how experienced a meditator you are Vitalux, or what approach you use, but in Zen Buddhism they call experiences like this "makyo" which more or less means "illusions". In Tibetan Buddhism they call it "nyam", like a transitory flash of something. In either tradition, if you tell your teacher about it, they'll likely tell you to make nothing of it and just soldier on and keep meditating. In other words, they'd say don't attach any significance to it or feel like you accomplished anything, because you could get hung up on it and be hindered from finding that insight that could be waiting around the corner.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maunagarjana For This Post:

Holly Lindin (4th April 2013), jagman (4th April 2013), sirdipswitch (4th April 2013), Vitalux (4th April 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    France Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you for sharing. My own experiences in meditation show me that reality and freedom and pure joy are not in the third dimension. We are creators of our live.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gwendy For This Post:

Holly Lindin (4th April 2013), jagman (4th April 2013), Vitalux (4th April 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,028 times in 2,189 posts

If you enjoy kaleidoscopes check out this link
    virtual kaleidoscope
    It is interactive

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,405 times in 466 posts

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    If you enjoy kaleidoscopes check out this link
    virtual kaleidoscope
    It is interactive
    awesome kaleidoscope!!
    The 'rebellion' of the Mind, having the Mind run the show, is the Luciferian rebellion of wanting to leave Love-Christ-Heart behind and create a universe without the 'pesky feeling of the heart' holding it back
    ~ Tobias Lars

18. The Following User Says Thank You to northstar For This Post:

jagman (4th April 2013)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 times in 774 posts

Quote Posted by wolfgaze (here)
    Neat!

I just get vibrant blue/purple bubbles or clouds that form and then shoot off and dissipate in the distance before re-forming and repeating.
    hi wolfgaze, i wanted to add here, that once you can stay awake through those vibrant & psycadelic visions; i find that i then start seeing faces that are ridiculously sharp in detail.
    unite, alright
    you know one thing about music? when it hits, you feel no pain!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to soleil For This Post:

DeDukshyn (6th April 2013)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member wolfgaze's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by teradactyl (here)
    hi wolfgaze, i wanted to add here, that once you can stay awake through those vibrant & psycadelic visions; i find that i then start seeing faces that are ridiculously sharp in detail.
    Interesting! How long would you say you see/experience those vibrant colors/visualizations before you start seeing additional 'things'?

I have to admit that I am not an experienced meditator and do not do it nearly as often as I probably should.
    "Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to die before you die - and find that there is no death."

+ Reply to Thread