+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pros and Cons of using drugs to experience altered consciousness - a discussion

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

Default Pros and Cons of using drugs to experience altered consciousness - a discussion

I've used DMT, in both the crystal form and the ayahuasca, as well as psilocybe mushrooms (aka magic mushrooms) to experience altered consciousness.

Prior to employing these natural substances, was my desire to understand more about my spirituality. I was quite atheist, and tended to have a Darwinism view of myself and my surroundings.

Quote One analogy I will use is flying in an airplane.

Suppose airplanes did not exist yet, and it was believed by everyone that Man could not fly.
    Next, through the act of a benevolent ET you were abducted and taken aboard an airplane and flown around the skies for a while.
    You would come to the realization that;

Physical humans can fly with the aid of machines, which we will call airplanes.
    For myself, it was with the aid of these experiences (tools) that helped me alter my perception of how I viewed my surroundings.

I've also become more aware that I (most humans) have natural fears and it is those natural fears that help keep us quite Earthbound in our awareness.

I rarely employ the aid of substances to alter my consciousness anymore, however, I understand that without the aid of these substances to fast track me here, I doubt I would have reached such a plateau.

I just thought this would be a good topic thread for discussion for those that have similar experiences, and those that are perhaps curious about the subject at hand.

Discussion?

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

Aviator (5th April 2013), Bodhi (7th April 2013), Freed Fox (5th April 2013), Hip Hipnotist (5th April 2013), Rich (5th April 2013), RUSirius (5th April 2013), soleil (5th April 2013), TargeT (5th April 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th April 2013), william r sanford72 (5th April 2013), Wind (5th April 2013), Zelig (5th April 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Default Re: Pros and Cons of using drugs to experience altered consciousness - a discussion

This is super interesting to me.
    A MSM article last year hinted that Ayahuasca can not only treat but CURE some depressions.
    It causes reuptake of serotonin NATURALLY.

I read that two different religions use Marijuana as a means to accomplish enlightenment and prophecy:
    the whirling dervishes and the Rastas. The whirling dervishes drink a distillation/tea of marijuana called "Bhang". I think this could be where the word Bong came from.
    The Rastafarians revere MJ too and heavily utilize it.

Cannabis evolved during the same time that human intelligence was evolving.
    And by the way, Darwinism and creationism might not clash as much as you think they do.

I don't think it's outside the ability of God to author a self-propelling engine like evolution to accomplish "the great work".

We are always being perfected and often it is an influence from outside that shakes us enough to get our attention.

Not that I am saying you should take drugs.
    But people have many strange experiences including prophecy because of marijuana.
    The problem is dealing with the boring period (post-mania/ecstasy) that comes later,
    when you are no longer able to connect with that high energy that permits these experiences.

We go into a psychic resting state sometimes that people refer to as depression or even normalcy, lol.
    You can't stay on the plateau your whole life or it will wear you out just like a sled dog without food.

Unfortunately too many of us are strongly bound to the physical plane and become exhausted by religious experience.

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Lone Bean's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Pros and Cons of using drugs to experience altered consciousness - a discussion

I completely agree with Graham Hancock about the government making such drugs illegal because they allow us to connect with our higher consciousness. To connect with our Higher Selves would allow us to see how much we have been lied too, manipulated and made into slaves by TPTB. Therefore, the only recreational drugs that the government will legally allow is alcohol and cigarettes since they keep us unconnected and at our lower levels. I'm paraphrasing Mr. Hancock, but that's basically what he said in his TEDx, "War on Consciousness" talk that TED later banned because TPTB required it.

Personally, I would LOVE to experience ayahuasca. I'm trying to figure out a way to bring this to the attention of my unawakened husband. He will scream at me for even thinking such a thing because it's ILLEGAL!!!!! I swear to God, if my husband ever wakes up, then I will know for sure that the 100th monkey has finally been found.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lone Bean For This Post:

Credence (15th April 2013), Hip Hipnotist (5th April 2013), TargeT (5th April 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th April 2013), Vitalux (5th April 2013), Wind (5th April 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I think there is a church somewhere in the USA, Oregon or something,
    that utilizes ayahuasca and can coordinate your experience (I think).

this was in the article I read a year or two ago.

I TOTALLY agree with the higher consciousness thing and believe that many drugs are banned for that very reason.
    It is very strange to have these experiences, but when the stuff comes true a few months later it can be @.@ #.# >.> <.< 0-0 !!!

7. Link to Post #5
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

I wouldn't be where I am today with out my psilocybe mushrooms experiences & I think some of my THC induced experiences were helpful as well, but no where near the level of the psilocybe experience.

I would not, however, suggest that everyone jumps out and trys this; I feel that certain personality types could be traumatized.

I cannot see a "con" to this type of exploration; I even took mushrooms recreationally (or so I thought) for a while in highschool; though I think looking back on it my intent may have been recreation, but the (over all) outcome was not.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Hip Hipnotist (5th April 2013), mosquito (15th April 2013), Vitalux (5th April 2013)

9. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

those two MMA fighters took mushrooms and decided to kill each other.
    people who use mushrooms in groups should make sure there is a designated "sanity guide" i.e. someone who can intervene if something bad starts!

i don't think many people feel violent on mushrooms though, which is what made that killing so strange!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1154835

10. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Hip Hipnotist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,153 times in 314 posts

As a teenager and young adult growing up in and around the L.A. music scene I ingested my 'fair share' of colorful, assorted mind altering substances. My reason at that time for wanting to experience 'altered states of consciousness' was purely to get stoned -- nothing to do with spirituality/consciousness/awareness. And get stoned I did.

However, as a 'side effect' of indulging myself in hallucinogens I did experience many forms of what may have been spirituality/consciousness/awareness -- it comes with the 'experience' whether you desire it or not. And that is where the 'good trip, bad trip' phraseology comes into play. Fortunately, for me, most 'trips' were pleasant if not downright exhilarating -- certainly 'mind altering'. The ability to communicate, non verbally, with pretty much any form of matter is something only those that have been there would understand/appreciate. And if it weren't for the rather unpleasant 'come down' I might have continued on into -- well, into where/what ever.

I most certainly agree with TargetT's statement above that certain personality types could be traumatized. However I'd change that 'could be traumatized' to 'would be traumatized'. Anyone considering 'taking the plunge', for whatever reason is advised to consult their ( inner ) owner manual before embarking.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm about to drop a tab of Purple Ozzly before my next hypnosis session.

Hey, they don't call me the Hip Hipnotist fer nothin'. ;-)))))))))

11. Link to Post #8
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

Quote Posted by Tesla_WTC_Solution (here)
    those two MMA fighters took mushrooms and decided to kill each other.
    people who use mushrooms in groups should make sure there is a designated "sanity guide" i.e. someone who can intervene if something bad starts!

i don't think many people feel violent on mushrooms though, which is what made that killing so strange!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1154835

Psilocybe (magic) mushrooms are a very powerful plant or food and you are quite correct, they should be well respected.

In my experience and research, no one has ever died as a result of eating magic mushrooms. The lethal dose required appears to be for the most part, non existent.

Magic mushrooms tend to be an amplifier many of our thoughts and senses.

If you think happy thoughts , you will experience happy thoughts, if you dwell in unpleasant thoughts and fears, generally they will be amplified .
    The difference is when you experience mushrooms, it gives you the ability to really do some phenomenal deep thinking, often a great distances outside the box.
    This experience tends to decrease our Ego ( ego buster) and pulls our head down out of the clouds and allows us to see each other with equality.

The mushroom is a medicine, a food, and a tool.

Very much like an automobile. Just because someone decides to jump behind the wheel of a car and drive it 100 miles an hour and ultimately crashes the car into a brick wall and kills themselves, it would be debatable if you could blame the actions of the human on the car. We also have no idea of what other drugs were also being consumed during this event which may have had an adverse reaction as well.
    Plus, we also know by the history of the human race, that people do not necessarily need to be under the influence of drugs to cut each others heart out. Human's not taking responsibility and blaming their actions on drugs serves as a great rational defense though

However, stories like you quoted above serve as a great focal point to make people afraid. Most trip reports from people experiencing magic mushrooms tend to be quite favorable

here is a link to a website forum where folks post their experiences while exploring conscious altering drugs.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/5

+ Reply to Thread