+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Nature of Reality

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,795 times in 1,163 posts

Default The Nature of Reality

As we go through life, every thought we have, every course of action, in a real way contributes to outside influences to determine our personal reality. If our idea is stronger than a consensual idea, then this is our reality. When we have a choice, the road we choose determines our reality; when we choose to make something known, or to conceal something, we are choosing one reality over another. If our consciousness can determine our reality, how do we all seem to wander around in very similar personal realities? Two analogies might explain this: firstly, think of a vinyl record – the needle follows the groove and reproduces what it finds there. The record is purchased pre-made, very much in the same way that we are born into a pre-made reality construct that is reinforced through family, peer, and societal pressure. Occasionally this pressure will cause the record to skip or jump, and we have all experienced this feeling of being out of step with reality. So our thoughts mostly follow the grooves of the record, but when they don't, eyebrows are generally raised. The second analogy is to think of our brain as a computer. As our thoughts habitually follow the same neural pathways over and over again, “cookies” are placed that make that path easier and easier to follow each time we use it, and so eventually we find it difficult to follow another path with any ease. Sometimes pressure and repetition will cause encoding errors, and so we skip out of “reality” again. This would appear to show that we sacrifice our own personal reality to some extent to fit in with the conventional consensual reality. What happens when we step out of consensual reality to become the creators of our own life and destiny? We are ridiculed, we are ostracised, we are institutionalised, we are drugged, we are shocked, we are imprisoned. So if we wish to escape one prison, we are automatically put in another form of prison. This is what is meant by “social control”.

This same principle works in increasingly more complex levels of human organisation, starting in the coupled reality, through the family reality, the community or tribal reality, the national reality, and on to the global, even universal reality. All are constructs, and each construct starts with the thought of one individual that falls or prospers dependant on the conditions and influences of the time. We should re-assert our right to be the constructors of our own personal realities, and there is no energetic reason why our many personal realities cannot co-exist, no matter how contradictory they appear to be to the blinkered human eye.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to music For This Post:

Alecs (6th April 2013), Dah (7th April 2013), Denise/Dizi (26th April 2020), dynamo (6th April 2013), enfoldedblue (6th April 2013), Fred Steeves (7th April 2013), genevieve (6th April 2013), mosquito (6th April 2013), Nickolai (7th April 2013), william r sanford72 (6th April 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,795 times in 1,163 posts

Default Re: The Nature of Reality

Rupert Sheldrake has a similar view of habitual pathways for the expression of reality. In his view, fixed laws don’t exist, rather we have a universe of habits and tendencies. Events don’t occur because they must, but because this is how they have occurred in the past, so the energy of what I would call “the creative moment” (ever changing, moment by moment) takes the path of least resistance – the groove in the record; the cookies in the mind. Sheldrake speaks of morphic fields, which are energy imprints on the (in my words) cosmic fabric on which we discern the print of reality. This is a fabric we weave ourselves, we apply the dye ourselves, so how odd we choose to create the reality we do.

Margot Anand (discussed in this thread on sexuality here) has a similar view. Anand speaks of an “Astral Network” – the creative womb of the universe, an interactive web of energy and potential that takes the form of the strongest inputs. She sees the astral network as a transpersonal space that responds to our visions and requests for personal change.

These two concepts, and the concepts I discuss in the OP are also in accord with what the magician Eliphas Levi calls “the imagination of nature”, a neutral but powerful force that can be used to form reality under the power of the will. Levi (as I do) warns of the folly of using this force to better yourself at the expense of another, or the even greater folly of attempting to give harm to another with malicious intent.

Most magicians neglect to cultivate the currency of the force they describe and use, here the exception is Anand, who has developed a tantra-based system of magic that utilises the currency of the all – Love. In fact, prompted by Greybeard, I am re-reading Anand, and still finding her work as important and relevant as I did previously.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to music For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (26th April 2020), Fred Steeves (7th April 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 times in 830 posts

This reality explained by Davide Icke and several university lecturers.

Really interesting and only 10 minutes of your time ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Icare For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (26th April 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

Boy, there is so much I could write here.. I wish I had the time! I suppose I would have to gather my thoughts before I posted anything significant.. But I love that you started the conversaton!

+ Reply to Thread