+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Fixing the Banking System for Good"

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member GlassSteagallfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 times in 987 posts

Default "Fixing the Banking System for Good"

Published on Apr 18, 2013

This is Professor Jeffrey Sachs of Columbia University speaking at the "Fixing the Banking System for Good" conference on April 17, 2013 [via audio at the Philadelphia Federal Reserve Bank]. This audio is absolutely EXPLOSIVE!

https://youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7VOWnnEphjI

If the full webcast becomes available, will posted it here

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GlassSteagallfan For This Post:

Deega (20th April 2013), DeMeeee (20th April 2013), Dennis Leahy (20th April 2013), GoodETxSG (20th April 2013), Rollo (20th April 2013), T Smith (9th May 2013), ThePythonicCow (20th April 2013), we-R-one (20th April 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,835 times in 21,553 posts

Default Re: "Fixing the Banking System for Good"

Quote Posted by GlassSteagallfan (here)
    Published on Apr 18, 2013

This is Professor Jeffrey Sachs of Columbia University speaking at the "Fixing the Banking System for Good" conference on April 17, 2013 [via audio at the Philadelphia Federal Reserve Bank]. This audio is absolutely EXPLOSIVE!
    Yes - explosive!

I am increasingly suspecting that the Banksters are among those who will be taking it on the chin in the current game of musical chairs being played between the various groupes bātards au pouvoir (groups of bastards in power.)

Perhaps Bernanke's not quite the idiot I usually consider him to be, given his recent hints that he'd like to retire from the Chairmanship of the US Federal Reserve when his present term ends next year.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 20th April 2013 at 11:38.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

GoodETxSG (20th April 2013), kanishk (5th May 2013), we-R-one (20th April 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,615 times in 2,229 posts

If you build your house on sand... etc. The entire financial and banking system was built on corruption as a foundation, corruption as a corner stone, all the way to the last brick and mortar (So to speak). How can you take that institution and "Fix" it?

You have to knock it to the ground (Economic Collapse, as scarry as that reality is), bull doze every stone and slab into the deepest pit you can find along with the foundation (So that not one single piece can be reused to corrupt the new creation) and begin from scratch.

The next one has to be built with a solid foundation of truth under the witness of all and the rest of the institution (Building) of transparent material (We have the tech and ability, GREED is the only obsticle).

IMHO

The same NEEDS to be done with Government(s)... Small communities that are mostly self sufficient, growing their own food, using their skill's and trades to form a barter society that lives in harmony with the environment. Energy needs and other needs met by "Classified" technology that should not be with held from us.

It will take the "Fall Of Rome" and many to suffer, then the self proclaimed "Elite" jailed and the rest of us that make it mentally in tact to pull it to gether to rise from the ashes and rebuild. It may sound gloooooooomy but all that is IS CORRUPT and I do not see us "Voting" or using violence/civil war to make any loving/positive changes.

How to get from here to there? YEP... you guessed it. I HAVE NO IDEA!

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,827 times in 1,436 posts

You know what, I sat there the whole time thinking...it's taken you this long to figure out something was wrong? I'm tired of talk.....

NOT IMPRESSED

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

Quote Posted by GoodeTXSG (here)
    If you build your house on sand... etc. The entire financial and banking system was built on corruption as a foundation, corruption as a corner stone, all the way to the last brick and mortar (So to speak). How can you take that institution and "Fix" it?
    The next one has to be built with a solid foundation of truth under the witness of all and the rest of the institution (Building) of transparent material (We have the tech and ability, GREED is the only obsticle).

!

I have to agree. Any "fix" we make to the present system will be temporary and we will find ourselves in the same place X number of years - or months - down the road.

On the other hand, perhaps a "fix" will give us an opportunity to come up with a better way!
    Last edited by Ba-ba-Ra; 20th April 2013 at 18:13.
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ba-ba-Ra For This Post:

GoodETxSG (20th April 2013)

9. Link to Post #6
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,835 times in 21,553 posts

Quote Posted by GlassSteagallfan (here)
    Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Yes - explosive!
    Bill Still, in his "Still Report 80", has a nicely edited 10+ minute version of Prof. Jeffrey Sachs' rant:

Bill Still provided the following description for this Youtube upload of his:
    I finally got access to the full version of the Prof. Jeffrey Sachs presentation on April 17, 2013. I have edited it only to cut non-essential and redundant info. Needless to say it is a highly-educated rant against the Fed and "a mountain of criminal and fraudulent behavior" among the financial titans of Wall Street.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

penn (9th May 2013), Reinhard (7th May 2013)

11. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

That is one man I would be proud to vote for, work for or just be glad to know. Thanks for sharing!

12. Link to Post #8
    Sweden Avalon Member
    Thanks

A very good film about our economic system.
    Take some time and watch it.

http://urplay.se/Produkter/175205-Va...and#navigering

Im not sure if you can watch it outside Sweden?

+ Reply to Thread