Thread: Free Personality Test and MBTI/Myers-Briggs Type Descriptions

1. Link to Post #161
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Free Personality Test and MBTI/Myers-Briggs Type Descriptions

Quote I have always felt fairly androgynous in spirit... anyone know any good tests that touch on this distinction?
    Skyhaven, are you familiar with the Enneagram? It’s nine personality types. I’ve taken the test three times and it consistently comes up that I’m a 5 with a 4 wing. There's a copy write test, so I can't share it. Don Riso and Richard Rohr are the pioneers. I’ve also purchased books from author, Helen Palmer.

9types.com & Enneagram Q&A

Don Riso has defined the Enneagram as "a geometric figure that delineates the nine basic personality types of human nature and their complex interrelationships." While the Enneagram suggests that there are nine basic personality types of human nature, there are, of course, many subtypes and variations within the nine fundamental categories. Nevertheless, the assertion of Enneagram theory is that these nine adequately map out the territory of "personality types."

UPDATE: (see Enneagram post #163)

Quote the traits given by the result of this test relate to the categorization of the masculine and the feminine personality traits.
    The traits weren’t assigned as gender specific. Rather, the percentages were assign based on responses from males and females test results. The personality traits are gender neutral. (see below)

<3

Personality traits:
    ◦ Extraverted (E) - Expressive, outgoing, prefer group activities, eager to speak their minds, more comfortable when around other people than when alone, get energized by social interaction
    ◦ Introverted (I) - Reserved, listen carefully, prefer solitary activities, more comfortable when alone than when around other people, get exhausted by social interaction
    ◦ Intuitive (N) - Introspective, rely on their imagination, absorbed in ideas, focus on what might happen
    ◦ Sensing (S) - Observant, rely on their senses, absorbed in practical matters, focus on what has happened
    ◦ Thinking (T) - Tough, follow their minds, suppress feelings, focus on objectivity and rationality
    ◦ Feeling (F) - Sensitive, follow their hearts, keep feelings close to the surface, focus on harmony and cooperation
    ◦ Judging (J) - Decisive, prefer clear rules and guidelines, eager to commit, see deadlines as sacred, seek closure
    ◦ Perceiving (P) - Probing, prefer keeping their options open, reluctant to commit, relaxed about their work, seek freedom

Quote Posted by Skyhaven (here)
    I was wondering how the traits given by the result of this test relate to the categorization of the masculine and the feminine personality traits. I have always felt fairly androgynous in spirit... anyone know any good tests that touch on this distinction?
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 1st September 2014 at 12:43.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Lost N Found (30th September 2015), Pris (1st September 2014), Skyhaven (1st September 2014), Wind (1st September 2014)

3. Link to Post #162
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,207 times in 2,396 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Quote I have always felt fairly androgynous in spirit... anyone know any good tests that touch on this distinction?
    Skyhaven, are you familiar with the Enneagram? It’s nine personality types. I’ve taken the test three times and it consistently come up that I’m a 5 with a 4 wing. There's a copy write test, so I can't share it. Don Riso and Richard Rohr are the pioneers. I’ve also purchase books from author, Helen Palmer.

9types.com & Enneagram Q&A

Don Riso has defined the Enneagram as "a geometric figure that delineates the nine basic personality types of human nature and their complex interrelationships." While the Enneagram suggests that there are nine basic personality types of human nature, there are, of course, many subtypes and variations within the nine fundamental categories. Nevertheless, the assertion of Enneagram theory is that these nine adequately map out the territory of "personality types."

Quote the traits given by the result of this test relate to the categorization of the masculine and the feminine personality traits.
    The traits weren’t assigned as gender specific. Rather, the percentages were assign based on responses from males and females test results. The personality traits are gender neutral. (see below)

<3

Personality traits:
    ◦ Extraverted (E) - Expressive, outgoing, prefer group activities, eager to speak their minds, more comfortable when around other people than when alone, get energized by social interaction
    ◦ Introverted (I) - Reserved, listen carefully, prefer solitary activities, more comfortable when alone than when around other people, get exhausted by social interaction
    ◦ Intuitive (N) - Introspective, rely on their imagination, absorbed in ideas, focus on what might happen
    ◦ Sensing (S) - Observant, rely on their senses, absorbed in practical matters, focus on what has happened
    ◦ Thinking (T) - Tough, follow their minds, suppress feelings, focus on objectivity and rationality
    ◦ Feeling (F) - Sensitive, follow their hearts, keep feelings close to the surface, focus on harmony and cooperation
    ◦ Judging (J) - Decisive, prefer clear rules and guidelines, eager to commit, see deadlines as sacred, seek closure
    ◦ Perceiving (P) - Probing, prefer keeping their options open, reluctant to commit, relaxed about their work, seek freedom

I was wondering how the traits given by the result of this test relate to the categorization of the masculine and the feminine personality traits. I have always felt fairly androgynous in spirit... anyone know any good tests that touch on this distinction?
    I don't know much about this 'Enneagram', but I found a free test online and came out as an 8 with a 7 wing.
    "I think, Sebastian, therefore I am."

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

RunningDeer (1st September 2014), Skyhaven (1st September 2014), Wind (1st September 2014)

5. Link to Post #163
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Pris (here)
    I don't know much about this 'Enneagram', but I found a free test online and came out as an 8 with a 7 wing.
    It's helpful tool to understand strengths and weakness. For me, it’s important to move beyond the labels. Focus on where best to tweak perceived limitations. The original version I took is often used by people in the wellness fields. If I recall correctly, it’s over 100 questions in length. I took it three times over several years. The same result each time.

Thanks in advance,
    RunningDeer <3

UPDATE:

“Discovering The Enneagram: An ancient Tool for a New Spiritual Journey,” by Richard Rohr and Andreas Ebert

page xiii - The Enneagram is a mysterious model of the psyche that is not originally Christian, but probably derives from the Eastern tradition of Sufi wisdom.

page xv - As a mirror of the soul the Enneagram remains a tool that can be laid aside at any time. The Enneagram is not the answer, but one signpost among many. Signposts show the way, but we have to take the way ourselves. So I hope that no one will turn the Enneagram into a new absolute doctrine of salvation. Every form of self-knowledge, be it ‘only’ psychological or ‘also’ spiritual, like the Enneagram, belongs to the realm that Dietrich Bonhoeffer in the ethics called the ‘penultimate’.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 2nd September 2014 at 11:26.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Pris (2nd September 2014), Skyhaven (1st September 2014), Wind (1st September 2014)

7. Link to Post #164
    Netherlands Avalon Member Skyhaven's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,373 times in 1,056 posts

Quote Skyhaven, are you familiar with the Enneagram? It’s nine personality types. I’ve taken the test three times and it consistently comes up that I’m a 5 with a 4 wing. There's a copy write test, so I can't share it. Don Riso and Richard Rohr are the pioneers. I’ve also purchased books from author, Helen Palmer.
    RunningDeer, no i haven't heard of it before, i´d like to do that one too... Pris, can you post the one you found...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Pris (2nd September 2014), RunningDeer (1st September 2014)

9. Link to Post #165
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,207 times in 2,396 posts

Quote Skyhaven, are you familiar with the Enneagram? It’s nine personality types. I’ve taken the test three times and it consistently comes up that I’m a 5 with a 4 wing. There's a copy write test, so I can't share it. Don Riso and Richard Rohr are the pioneers. I’ve also purchased books from author, Helen Palmer.
    RunningDeer, no i haven't heard of it before, i´d like to do that one too... Pris, can you post the one you found...
    Hi everyone! Okay, here's the link:

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test.php

Note: there are two tests, I took both.
    Last edited by Pris; 2nd September 2014 at 01:57.
    "I think, Sebastian, therefore I am."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pris For This Post:

RunningDeer (2nd September 2014)

11. Link to Post #166
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

I took both tests. They both pegged me the same:Type 2 Wings 3. And that is dead on right, both negative and positive.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowflower For This Post:

Pris (2nd September 2014), RunningDeer (2nd September 2014)

13. Link to Post #167
    United States Avalon Member Zaya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,620 times in 310 posts

I am also an INFP... common around these parts! And an empath too...

I took the other test, and it said I was a Type 5 wing 6.
    "The only wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing." -Socrates

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zaya For This Post:

Pris (2nd September 2014), RunningDeer (2nd September 2014), Wind (2nd September 2014)

15. Link to Post #168
    Language
    Flemish
    Thanks

Found it interesting to note that David Icke views the fact that humans can be categorized into personalities as evidence of a programmed species (for if creations of the infinite then humans could not be contained into proposed personalities for they would be [far too many] infinite varieties).

David Icke speculates [linked to time-stamp] that the source of these personality programmes are to be found in 'Junk' DNA.

"The artist takes in the world, but instead of being oppressed by it, reworks it in their own personality and recreates it in the work of art"

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Karezza For This Post:

RunningDeer (19th April 2016)

17. Link to Post #169
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,189 times in 4,071 posts

I don't believe these types are fixed. I like what David is saying about how these catagories are constrictive. But I want to add they don't have to be

I do 'free off the internet' myers-briggs tests every 6 months. My results are mostly ENFJ but I noticed it switches to ENFP in certain environments, like when I had a 'controlling child' boss. But I left that job and sprung back to my normal mildly judgemental state.

And my use of the transactional analysis 'controlling child' catagory... that boss I described may well have become something greater than 'controlling child' by now. I became aware of the transiency of these catagories when a team member of mine refused to participate in a Belbin team type exercise. I was fine with his freedom no qualms.

He was a clever guy.... he agreed to be present while we did it on the condition we all treated the Belbin team types as transient

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Karezza (6th November 2015), RunningDeer (19th April 2016), Selkie (30th September 2015)

19. Link to Post #170
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,533 times in 475 posts

Quote Posted by kanishk (here)
    First time it was
    INTP

Next day
    ENTJ {E - 2%, N - 20%, T - 10%, J - 1%}.
    Did it again after 2 years.. (twice with some days gaps)

it is coming INFT-T

Introverted
    1>55% 2>55%

Intuitive
    1>83% 2>79%

Feeling
    1>66% 2>74%

Prospecting
    1>55% 2>61%

Turbulent
    1>64% 2>68%.

YES THE "INFP" typing mistake
    Last edited by kanishk; 18th April 2016 at 09:03.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kanishk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th April 2016), justntime2learn (16th October 2017), RunningDeer (19th April 2016)

21. Link to Post #171
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

First time it was
    INTP

Next day
    ENTJ {E - 2%, N - 20%, T - 10%, J - 1%}.
    Did it again after 2 years.. (twice with some days gaps)

it is coming INFT-T

Introverted
    1>55% 2>55%

Intuitive
    1>83% 2>79%

Feeling
    1>66% 2>74%

Prospecting
    1>55% 2>61%

Turbulent
    1>64% 2>68%
    Interesting. (Typo there, btw: ^^ you mean INFP.)

Most of Avalon's members seem to be INFP or INFJ, which makes perfect sense!

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

justntime2learn (16th October 2017), kanishk (18th April 2016), RunningDeer (18th April 2016), Wind (18th April 2016)

23. Link to Post #172
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,951 times in 2,389 posts

That doesn't look like me at all! I demand a recount. Seriously, it says I am INTP-A but that is not what I expected. Maybe I'll do it again in a few days. As usual I found many questions rather ambiguous, in that it would depend on specific circumstances what my answer would be.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

justntime2learn (16th October 2017), RunningDeer (19th April 2016)

25. Link to Post #173
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

ENFJ-A for this little black duck...I wouldn't say that it is 100% accurate for me though because I am very fond of listening more than talking...
    Last edited by Constance; 19th April 2016 at 10:10.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

justntime2learn (16th October 2017), RunningDeer (19th April 2016)

27. Link to Post #174
    Language
    English
    Thanks

They’ve replaced the test from three years ago, and a new category is added. I was an INFJ, and now I’m an INFJ-A. One interesting note for me is that the percentages have changed significantly in 3 out of the 4 areas. I attribute it to an upgrade in skills, perceptions and approach to life in general.

Mind - how we interact with our environment
    Introverted = 86% (72%, 3 yrs. ago)

Energy - where we direct our mental energy
    Intuitive = 68% (36%, 3 yrs. ago)

Nature - how we make decisions and cope with emotions
    Feeling = 78% (42% , 3 yrs. ago)

Tactics - reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making
    Judging = 52% (20%, 3 yrs. ago)

New Category:

Identity - underpins all others, how confident we are in our abilities and decisions
    64% assertive
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 19th April 2016 at 14:27.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

7alon (16th October 2017), Constance (27th April 2016), Ewan (16th October 2017), Jean-Marie (19th April 2016), Karezza (26th April 2016), Shannon (19th April 2016), Wind (20th April 2016)

29. Link to Post #175
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Shannon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 times in 1,211 posts

So glad I saw this thread!

I am or was a INFP, so I'm wondering if I would change ...gonna take it again! Thanks RunningDear

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th April 2016), Constance (27th April 2016), RunningDeer (19th April 2016)

31. Link to Post #176
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by breal (here)
    ENFJ-A for this little black duck...I wouldn't say that it is 100% accurate for me though because I am very fond of listening more than talking...

.....There's not much of a difference between
    an 'ENFJ-A, black a duck' and myself, an 'INFJ-A'.

Meaning, there are times when my “I” turns into an “E” in one-to-one, small group settings, or in defense of someone being attacked. Another similarity is the “idealist quadrant”. (with respect to Avalon Land)

Note: to those that happen by...for an explanation of specifics click here.

This is a good place to add Marianne’s post:
    Quote About the differences between introvert and extrovert, as a life-long introvert, my take is that introverts internalize information, needing some time (whether seconds or hours) to process it, analyze it, try to fully comprehend it. Only then are we comfortable talking-discussing-perhaps debating it with others.

From what I'm told, extroverts can process information on the fly, perhaps analyzing as they speak about it. I can't imagine what that would be like.

Introverts can speak before crowds if we know what we're presenting. I have done this in classes without too much stage fright because I'm into what I'm presenting. But I don't always find much to say at a dinner party. Not much for small talk, love to dig into a topic of mutual interest.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 27th April 2016 at 13:05.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th April 2016), Constance (27th April 2016), Ewan (19th April 2016), Karezza (26th April 2016), Shannon (19th April 2016)

33. Link to Post #177
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking, Cain explores introversion through psychological research old and new, personal experiences, and even brain chemistry, in an engaging and highly-readable fashion. By delving into introversion, Cain also seeks to find ways for introverts and extroverts to better understand one another--and for introverts to understand their own contradictions, such as the ability to act like extroverts in certain situations. Highly accessible and uplifting for any introvert--and any extrovert who knows an introvert (and over one-third of us are introverts)--Quiet has the potential to revolutionize the “extrovert ideal.” –Malissa Kent
    Susan Cain: The power of introverts

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th April 2016), Constance (27th April 2016), Ewan (19th April 2016), fourty-two (19th April 2016), Jean-Marie (19th April 2016), Shannon (19th April 2016)

35. Link to Post #178
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,568 times in 524 posts

ENFJ-A here. Dunno what that means, (the A part). Gonna have to go read it now.

When I was sick, and less awake, I was INTJ. I am now more in tune with myself spiritually.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 16th October 2017 at 18:02. Reason: fixed clear typo ('not' —> 'now')

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7alon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th October 2017), RunningDeer (16th October 2017)

37. Link to Post #179
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

After Bill's post , I just had to run the test. And indeed fit in as was prophecied. Yay!

"MEDIATOR" (INFP-A)

Mind - how we interact with our environment
    Introverted = 57%

Energy - where we direct our mental energy
    Intuitive = 57%

Nature - how we make decisions and cope with emotions
    Focussed on principles = 82%

Tactics - reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making
    Seeking = 57%

Identity - underpins all others, how confident we are in our abilities and decisions
    Assertive = 92%

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

39. Link to Post #180
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

INFJ-T results

ADVOCATE PERSONALITY (INFJ, -A/-T)

The Advocate personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As members of the Diplomat Role group, Advocates have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is that they are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Honesty For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 9 12 LastLast