+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 10 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Personality Test and MBTI/Myers-Briggs Type Descriptions

1. Link to Post #181
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,880 times in 2,121 posts

Default Re: Free Personality Test and MBTI/Myers-Briggs Type Descriptions

Quote Posted by breal (here)
    ENFJ-A for this little black duck...I wouldn't say that it is 100% accurate for me though because I am very fond of listening more than talking...
    We are two black ducks in a pond
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th November 2019), Constance (16th November 2017), RunningDeer (16th October 2017), Smell the Roses (31st October 2018)

3. Link to Post #182
    Denmark Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi All,
    I just took the test and I'm also INFJ-T, T for Turbulent !

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karila For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th November 2019), justntime2learn (9th November 2017), RunningDeer (9th November 2017), Smell the Roses (31st October 2018)

5. Link to Post #183
    Ireland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Apparently ~ MY PERSONALITY TYPE IS: MEDIATOR (INFP-A)

No one can stop you from dreaming!

TBH in the little personality quiz; I had to select the middle section of Agree << o >> Disagree quite a few times [neutral I presume] as some questions werent clear cut enough: However the results/info describing the Mediator in relation to ones self are very accurate: I guess this explains my advances in anything I put my hands/mind to ~ Always: (Or I am merely just applying the description as I see fit)

One Example: I am a self taught musician of any `genre` [mostly guitars now] and have always `played by ear` as it turns out from aged 10; and yet out of a total of six siblings; not one plays a musical instrument; except myself of course and which I take very seriously: <--> Long story short:

In the words of Eric Claptons - Nobody Knows You When Youre Down and Out - Song:

"Once I lived the life of a millionaire,
    Spent all my money, didnt have any cares.
    Took all my friends out for a good time,
    Bought bootleg liquor, champagne and wine.
    Then I began to fall so low,
    Lost all my good friends, had nowhere to go.
    I get my hands on a dollar again,
    I'm gonna hang on to it till that eagle grins.

'Cause no, no, nobody knows you
    When you're down and out.
    In your pocket, not one penny,
    And as for friends, you don't have many.

When you finally get back up on your feet again,
    Everybody wants to be your old long-lost friend.
    Said it's mighty strange, without any doubt,
    Nobody knows you when you're down and out.

When you finally get back upon your feet again,
    Everybody wants to be your good old long-lost friend.
    Said it's mighty strange,
    Nobody knows you,
    Nobody knows you,
    Nobody knows you when you're down and out"

This song needs hearing as it is not `down and dismal` but rather upbeat and cheerful:
    It pretty much sums everything up and is a life lesson to ones self; and not a complaint: I learned this on my Guitar and a personal cd player along time ago BEFORE I ever knew the words: It was the `music` [sound ~emotion] which attracted me to it: The memory/emotions of which I can recall right now as I locked my bedroom and door; put on the cd-rom walkman and earphones and tuned in many many moons ago:

Logically I should retake the test and see who I am when I dont use Neutral and compare:
    Last edited by Anti Democide; 29th October 2018 at 21:29.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anti Democide For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th November 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (7th November 2018), petra (30th October 2018), RunningDeer (29th October 2018), Smell the Roses (31st October 2018)

7. Link to Post #184
    United States Avalon Member Ascension's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 times in 201 posts

Well this explains why I love it here, but never seem to fit in. :/

ISTJ - A-/T- 86, 54, 68, 81 - 56

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ascension For This Post:

AriG (30th October 2018), Bill Ryan (15th November 2019), Ivanhoe (31st October 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (7th November 2018), RunningDeer (30th October 2018), Smell the Roses (31st October 2018)

9. Link to Post #185
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

I think I may be blending two threads. I said in the thread regarding empaths, that I didn't see the correlation between this test (that I took, quite out of character) and being an empath. This is my result. What am I?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Personality Test.PNG
Views:	141
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	39369

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th November 2019), RunningDeer (30th October 2018), Smell the Roses (31st October 2018)

11. Link to Post #186
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Ascension (here)
    Well this explains why I love it here, but never seem to fit in. :/

ISTJ - A-/T- 86, 54, 68, 81 - 56
    First reported ISTJ, Ascension. You fit in fine to me. Your written expression is keen. I suspect many feel the same way about not fitting in.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 30th October 2018 at 19:03.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th November 2019), Ivanhoe (31st October 2018), Smell the Roses (31st October 2018), Valerie Villars (1st November 2018)

13. Link to Post #187
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AriG (here)
    I think I may be blending two threads. I said in the thread regarding empaths, that I didn't see the correlation between this test (that I took, quite out of character) and being an empath. This is my result. What am I?

Attachment 39369
    AriG, check out the OP for visual comparisons. There's usually a break down on the site you tested on, and oodles of information here, or if you prefer videos check these out.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 30th October 2018 at 01:28.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

AriG (30th October 2018), Bill Ryan (15th November 2019), Smell the Roses (31st October 2018)

15. Link to Post #188
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)

Attachment 39369
    AriG, check out the OP for visual comparisons. There's usually a break down on the site you tested on, and oodles of information here, or if you prefer videos check these out.
    Hi Paula

I still can't wrap my head around what the -a/-t means? Beginning to think it might be attention deficit!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th November 2019), Franny (16th November 2019), RunningDeer (31st October 2018), Smell the Roses (31st October 2018)

17. Link to Post #189
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi Paula

I still can't wrap my head around what the -a/-t means? Beginning to think it might be attention deficit!
    IDENTITY: ASSERTIVE VS. TURBULENT

Our last scale, Identity, affects all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions. In a way, it acts as an internal sensor, reacting to the input we get from the environment – for instance, success or failure, feedback from other people, pressure caused by unexpected events and so on. Mind and Identity scales are the alpha and the omega of our model, acting like an external shell that we wear in all our interactions with the outside world – we discuss all four possible combinations of these traits in the “Strategies” section of our main theoretical article, but in this one, let’s take a look at what the Identity scale looks like.

Assertive (-A) individuals are self-assured, even-tempered and resistant to stress. They refuse to worry too much and do not push themselves too hard when it comes to achieving goals. Similarly, they are unlikely to spend much time thinking about their past actions or choices – according to Assertive types, what’s done is done and there is little point in analyzing it. Not surprisingly, people with this trait report more satisfaction with their lives and they also feel more confident in their abilities to handle challenging and unexpected situations.

In contrast, individuals with Turbulent (-T) identity are self-conscious and sensitive to stress. They experience a wide range of emotions and tend to be success-driven, perfectionistic and eager to improve. They are also more willing to change jobs if they feel stuck in their current one and to spend time thinking about the direction in which their life is going.

However, while the Assertive variant may seem more positive on the surface, that is not always the case – for instance, Turbulent individuals perform better in certain roles as they push themselves to achieve superior results, while Assertive ones do not care about the outcome that much. Always feeling the need to do more, to have more, and to be more, Turbulent types often forget how exhausting that can be to both themselves and the people around them – but it is entirely possible that this desire to always push themselves just a little further helps many Turbulent types to achieve what they seek to achieve.

[link here]

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

AriG (31st October 2018), Bill Ryan (15th November 2019), Franny (16th November 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (7th November 2018), Valerie Villars (1st November 2018)

19. Link to Post #190
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Paula,

Thank you most humbly. That really helped although I tend to resist being pigeon holed by any test, these results are remarkably accurate. Quite pleased to be turbulent I suppose. Seems a bit more introspective than assertive. You are a treasure trove of information! Thank you!

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th November 2019), Franny (16th November 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (7th November 2018), RunningDeer (31st October 2018), Smell the Roses (31st October 2018)

21. Link to Post #191
    United States Avalon Member Smell the Roses's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 times in 285 posts

I am an ENFP-A. “Campaigner”. I like how this test has the gradients, because I feel like I’ve taken this type of test before where it was more of just a yes or no type response.
    There's no time like the present.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Smell the Roses For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th November 2019), Franny (15th November 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (7th November 2018), RunningDeer (1st November 2018), Valerie Villars (1st November 2018)

23. Link to Post #192
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,746 times in 531 posts

INFP-A here. A good test, I used to give it in the classroom (some years ago) and it was always surprising how correct it all was.
    51% I and 49% E, I believe sometimes this is called an XNFP.
    I used to be VERY "I", but worked on myself to become more balanced I/E.
    And I like it best this way.
    The explanations on the site were "right on" too.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th November 2019), Franny (15th November 2019), RunningDeer (7th November 2018), Smell the Roses (7th November 2018)

25. Link to Post #193
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Great description of what it's like to be an INFJ
    10/26/19
    Clay Arnall

"In this video, I take a look at what it means to me to be an INFJ, which is one of the 16 personalities according to myers briggs. I like to take a bit of a different look at it than most people. How can I use it to better know myself? How I can use it to identify my weaknesses and grow?"

Each breath a gift...

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th November 2019), Franny (15th November 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (15th November 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th November 2019), RunningDeer (15th November 2019), Tam (19th November 2019)

27. Link to Post #194
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,171 times in 2,420 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Great description of what it's like to be an INFJ
    10/26/19
    Clay Arnall

"In this video, I take a look at what it means to me to be an INFJ, which is one of the 16 personalities according to myers briggs. I like to take a bit of a different look at it than most people. How can I use it to better know myself? How I can use it to identify my weaknesses and grow?"

I'm an INFJ, some of this I can agree with, some of it I don't.

For example, attempts to guilt trip me fail. And when I see someone trying to use shame as a tactic, I rebel. Period. It's the lowest emotional energy, just above death.
    I find I have zero patience when someone tries to employ that tactic.

The cognitive functions are interesting. And I have a better understanding of the process of extroverted feeling, helps explain the intense empathy I live with.

I would like to understand the last letters better, Judging/Perception, and was disappointed that he didn't explore that more.

I wonder if anyone else has ever noted the correlation between the Myers/Briggs and Robert Anton Wilson's ~ 8 Circuits of Psychology
    Last edited by edina; 15th November 2019 at 22:29.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th November 2019), Franny (15th November 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th November 2019), onawah (16th November 2019), RunningDeer (15th November 2019)

29. Link to Post #195
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by edina (here)
    I'm an INFJ, some of this I can agree with, some of it I don't.

For example, attempts to guilt trip me fail. And when I see someone trying to use shame as a tactic, I rebel. Period. It's the lowest emotional energy, just above death.

I find I have zero patience when someone tries to employ that tactic.

I would like to understand the last letters better, Judging/Perception, and was disappointed that he didn't explore that more.
    I’ve downloaded the INFJ video and will watch it soon. I’m an INFJ. Same here, I have no patience for those that do guilt. Control of any kind, my spine-y-senses are at the ready.

Judging vs Perceiving Population Chart

Judging vs. Perceiving Preference

[article hyperlinks here]

Judging (J) and Perceiving (P) are how you interact with the world outside yourself, either in a structured or flexible manner. Judging and Perceiving are opposite preferences. A person’s natural tendency toward one will be stronger than the other.

Judgers and Perceivers each make up roughly half of the population, with there being slightly fewer Perceivers. Males are somewhat more perceiving than females on average.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th November 2019), edina (15th November 2019), Franny (15th November 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th November 2019), onawah (16th November 2019), Valerie Villars (17th November 2019)

31. Link to Post #196
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Personality Preferences

Personality preferences are a way of classifying a person’s natural tendencies. There are four pairs of opposing preferences (for example, Extraversion vs. Introversion) for a total of eight. While all eight are used by every person to different degrees, a person will lean more toward one than the other. Each preference is noted by a single letter (such as E for Extraversion).

Different combinations of these preference letters make up a person’s Personality Type and Temperament. For example, if a person’s preferences are Extraversion (E), Sensing (S), Feeling (F) and Perceiving (P) then their personality type is ESFP. Similarly, that would classify the person as having the SJ temperament. Preferences along with Cognitive Functions are the core of the 16 personality types.

You can read about the preference pairs by clicking the articles below to determine for yourself which of each you tend towards. You may also Take our free Personality Test to help determine your preferences and to see charts showing to what degree you prefer one over its opposite.

Judging vs. Perceiving - Judging (J) and Perceiving (P) are how you interact with the world outside yourself, either in a structured or flexible manner. (also @ post #195)

Extraversion vs. Introversion - Extraversion (E) and Introversion (I) describe how a person directs their energy either outwardly or inwardly.

Sensing vs. Intuition - You use Sensing (S) and Intuition (N) to receive and process new information by using your five senses or in more abstract ways.

Thinking vs. Feeling - The Thinking (T) and Feeling (F) preferences refer to how you make decisions, either by objective logic or subjective feeling.

[article hyperlinks here]

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th November 2019), edina (15th November 2019), Franny (15th November 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th November 2019), onawah (16th November 2019), Valerie Villars (17th November 2019)

33. Link to Post #197
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I resonated a lot with most everything Arnall said, and some of his insights were new to me, so provided some good food for thought.
    I have an INFP friend, and the description Running Deer provided really fit. (Thanks!)
    Learning never seems to come to an end...
    I grew up with a Fundamentalist Christian Mom, so I learned to armor myself against guilt trips early on.
    But I had internalized some of those ideas about perfection and purity and so had to fight those dragons on an inner level much more than outer, until I became more self-accepting.
    Each breath a gift...

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th November 2019), edina (16th November 2019), Franny (17th November 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th November 2019), RunningDeer (16th November 2019), Valerie Villars (17th November 2019)

35. Link to Post #198
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Am I the only ISFP-A on this forum? Sigh.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th November 2019), edina (16th November 2019), Franny (17th November 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th November 2019), RunningDeer (16th November 2019)

37. Link to Post #199
    Language
    English
    Thanks

There are surely some hiding here in the wings, Valerie.
    Take heart! Maybe start a new thread for ISFPs so they can find you easily?

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Am I the only ISFP-A on this forum? Sigh.
    Each breath a gift...

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th November 2019), edina (16th November 2019), Franny (17th November 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th November 2019), RunningDeer (16th November 2019), Valerie Villars (16th November 2019)

39. Link to Post #200
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

You are such a sweetheart Natalie.

I truly hope you feel better soon. It's tough not to feel well as it tends to make us a bit darker than we ordinarily would be.

Such is mortal life on this planet.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th November 2019), edina (16th November 2019), Franny (17th November 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th November 2019), onawah (17th November 2019), RunningDeer (16th November 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 10 12 LastLast