Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default Re: Free Personality Test and MBTI/Myers-Briggs Type Descriptions

Ok, I took the test Paula...

Here are my results...

Your personality type: INFP.

Strength of individual traits: I - 57%, N - 40%, F - 8%, P - 10%

Quote INFP personalities are usually perceived as calm, reserved or even shy. However, such an exterior can be deceptive – even though INFPs can be somewhat cautions, their inner flame and passion is not something to be taken lightly. People with this personality type are really affectionate, a trait not often seen in other types.

This compassion can be really fervent and long-lasting – but the INFP will use it quite cautiously, directing their energies towards a few selected people or a worthy cause. Idealism is the banner of INFP personalities – and they are proud of it. Unfortunately, it also means that INFPs can often feel misunderstood and isolated, as they are relatively rare (only 4.3% of U.S. population).

People with the INFP personality type have a clear sense of honor, which inspires and motivates them. If someone wants to get to know an INFP, it is crucial to know what drives them, to understand their chosen cause.

INFPs seek harmony in their lives and the surrounding environment, often feeling dejected because of all the bad things happening in the world and trying hard to create something positive. People with this personality type tend to see things and actions from the idealistic perspective, rather than the prism of logic. They respond to beauty, morality, virtue rather than utility, effectiveness or value.

INFPs can easily speak in metaphors and parables, and they also have an amazing gift of creating and interpreting symbols – for this reason, INFPs often find it natural to write and enjoy poetry. This personality type does not worship logic, unlike the NT types – from their viewpoint, logic is not always necessary. It is also likely that an INFP will not enjoy hypothetical or never-ending discussions.

INFPs may also often retreat into their “hermit” state (this personality type can easily switch between the two states), withdrawing from the world and getting lost in their deep thoughts – their partner may then need to spend quite a lot of effort to energize and “awaken” the INFP.

INFPs have the trait common among NF types – their aptitude for foreign languages is unmatched. INFPs also often become great writers and actors, as they can easily reflect and convey their own personalities using the fictional characters. Generally speaking, people with this personality type are extremely creative, innovative and goal-oriented – they can be great advocates for causes they truly believe in.

Finally, most INFPs have the ability to notice even the slightest hint of good in other people. In INFP eyes, even the most revolting person will have something worthy of respect or, at the very least, sympathy.

INFP strengths
    • Passionate and energetic. INFPs tend to be very energetic when it comes to causes they believe in and are willing to fight for. They may be quiet and even shy in public, but their passion should not be underestimated.
    • Very creative. INFP personalities find it easy to interpret signs and hidden meanings – furthermore, their well-developed intuition has no difficulties connecting the dots and coming up with interesting, unusual ideas.
    • Open-minded and flexible. INFPs dislike being constrained by rules and do not seek to impose them on others. They tend to be fairly liberal, open-minded individuals, as long as their principles and ideas are not being challenged.
    • Idealistic. INFPs are perhaps the most idealistic of all personality types, believing that people are inherently good and everyone should do their best to fight evil and injustice in the world.
    • Seek and value harmony. INFPs do not want to dominate and work hard to ensure that everyone’s opinion is valued and heard.
    • Can be very dedicated and hard-working. As mentioned above, INFP personalities are both very passionate and idealistic. Not surprisingly, they can also be unbelievably dedicated to their chosen cause or an organization. It is unlikely that an INFP will give up simply because everyone else has abandoned the cause or it is getting difficult to keep going.

INFP weaknesses
    • Too altruistic. INFPs may be so focused on doing good things and helping other people that they may neglect their own needs. Alternatively, they may fight for their chosen cause ignoring everything else in life.
    • Dislike dealing with data. INFP personalities are very much in tune with emotions and morality, but they are likely to have difficulties when it comes to dealing with facts and data, e.g. analyzing connections or finding discrepancies.
    • Difficult to get to know. People with the INFP personality type tend to be private, reserved individuals. They are also likely to be quite self-conscious.
    • Take many things personally. INFPs cherish their ideals and find it very difficult to accept criticism, taking such comments very personally. They also tend to avoid conflict situations, always looking for a solution that satisfies everybody.
    • May be too idealistic. INFP personalities are prone to being too dreamy and idealistic, especially when it comes to romantic relationships. They may idealize – or even idolize – their partner, forgetting that no one is perfect.
    • Impractical. INFPs do not really see practical things as important. They may even forget to eat and drink if they are doing something that excites and motivates them.
    PS - I can't say I disagree with any of it...

So if any were curious of just what is 'Jackovesk' all about...

The INFP (Personality Type) is 'un-cannily' close to the (TRUTH) for me...

Thanks Paula...
    Last edited by jackovesk; 24th April 2013 at 03:05.

2. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Mandala's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,270 times in 869 posts

Hi Paula, mandala is an INFP, changed from years ago as an extrovert.
    With Peace and Love, Mandala
    "Be the change you wish to see." Mahatma Gandhi

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mandala For This Post:

Eram (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), Realeyes (24th April 2013), RunningDeer (24th April 2013)

4. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

Thank you for participating. Originally, I looked at the thread as a tool for each of us. What I hadn't expected was for so many to share their types. It's been nice to learn more about everyone. I'll check back tomorrow to update the running totals in the first post. Good night, Everyone.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

4evrneo (29th April 2013), Eram (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), Realeyes (24th April 2013), Wind (24th April 2013)

6. Link to Post #44
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,599 times in 5,379 posts

Test says I'm INFP.

Sounds about right...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Eram (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), Realeyes (24th April 2013), RunningDeer (24th April 2013), Wind (24th April 2013)

8. Link to Post #45
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

Quote Posted by donk (here)
    INFP...though ENFP fits a little better, and the "I" category was only 2% leaning...so I guess that makes me kind of balanced, socially?

Just saw you're a "dreamer" too, realeyes...welcome to the 4.3%!!
    There is still this mis-conception that '
    Introvert' means socially challenged, or somehow disabled socially-this is not what it means-Introvert means you value inner life more than externalizing, you can be as loud as anyone if you choose to-but you will seek out a quiet place to recover, and find others tiring after a while. We need to understand that one mode is not more 'valuable' socially than the other-it is a hangover from 1950's films I think... Cheers
    Oh, i am an INFP according to this-but used to be INFJ, so I have changed...

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

4evrneo (29th April 2013), Eram (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), Mandala (30th April 2013), Realeyes (24th April 2013), RunningDeer (24th April 2013)

10. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member kreagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,513 times in 551 posts

Hey Paula,

By definition,...I'm not surprised to 'learn' that I'm a INFJ, too.

God Bless to 'all',.....your brother, friend, and servant,.......kreagle
    ***Death***************Burial***************Resurrection***

Quote 1 John 2:6 (KJV)

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

( Obedience to Acts 2:38 enables us to 'spiritually' walk down our own personal pathway to Calvary with our own personal Cross!)

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Eram (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), Realeyes (24th April 2013), RunningDeer (24th April 2013)

12. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Another INFJ here. And the description fits me perfectly. Thanks for this test.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle (Plato)

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unicorn For This Post:

14. Link to Post #48
    Australia Avalon Member psydney's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks paula

i'm an INFP (there seem to be a lot of us here) ...

Strength of individual traits: I - 34%, N - 44%, F - 14%, P - 28%.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psydney For This Post:

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

I'm also an INFP . . .fwiw!

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,933 times in 348 posts

INFP here

Take care guys!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rollo For This Post:

Eram (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (24th April 2013)

20. Link to Post #51
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,492 times in 4,308 posts

Thank you for this. Quite fun, I enjoy these sorts of test - self-analysis can be quite a beneficial, even therapeutic tool, and I encourage everyone to try it from time to time. Although here, I did find some of the questions quite tricky, as in ambiguous, for they lacked an essential context in many instances.

For what it's worth, I am an INFJ.

Strength of individual traits: I - 66%, N - 44%, F - 32%, J - 22%.

PS. Nor are these personality descriptions 100% accurate. As an 'INFJ' I do not believe I have ever been mistaken for an extrovert!
    Last edited by Mark (Star Mariner); 24th April 2013 at 12:59.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Eram (24th April 2013), kreagle (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), Realeyes (24th April 2013), RunningDeer (24th April 2013), Wind (24th April 2013)

22. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member Knowrainknowrainbows!'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,527 times in 252 posts

My results indicated ENFP

The description was fairly accurate ... I am an idealist and seek win -win scenarios!

Thanks Paula!
    KRKR

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knowrainknowrainbows! For This Post:

Eram (25th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (24th April 2013)

24. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Hi, everyone!

I took this test about two months ago, until that point I' ve never heard of this personality test.
    The curious thing is, that the result is perfectly describes me, really, I was shocked, how accurate it is.
    Anyway, I'm an INFP too, as many others here.
    Coincidence?

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Malachi For This Post:

Eram (25th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), Mike Gorman (23rd March 2014), RunningDeer (24th April 2013), Wind (24th April 2013)

26. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member Ivanhoe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,824 times in 1,856 posts

Well it said I was a INTP.
    Seems to fit me pretty well.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ivanhoe For This Post:

Eram (25th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), Mike Gorman (23rd March 2014), RunningDeer (24th April 2013), ulli (24th April 2013)

28. Link to Post #55
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

I'm INTJ --- very accurate description of me. I did take the test once a while back where I was an INTP (out of several times of taking the test over the years) so I think I'm close to the border between those two.

Update! I finally had time to take the test again, rather than relying on older tests for my answer. I came out INTP this time! -- so this is the second time it has happened out of the 7 or so times I have taken it. The "P" was a mere 4% - I imagine over the "J"

I'll leave it up to Paula where to put me -- by ratios I'm an INTJ, by "last test" I'm INTP. I fit well into both categories by description.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 24th April 2013 at 23:30.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Aurelius (27th April 2013), Eram (25th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (24th April 2013), ulli (24th April 2013)

30. Link to Post #56
    New Zealand Avalon Member torti's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm an INFP... Quite accurate too... I closed the page before I took note of the individual prcentages, but none were over 35%, they were all low percentages...
    Last edited by torti; 24th April 2013 at 20:58.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to torti For This Post:

Eram (25th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (24th April 2013)

32. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

For change, ENTJ here.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FrankoL For This Post:

34. Link to Post #58
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,508 times in 32,788 posts

-------

ENTP / ENFP (perfectly balanced T and F, off-the-scale N and P).

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

4evrneo (29th April 2013), chocolate (11th February 2014), Eram (25th April 2013), justntime2learn (17th July 2018), loveoflife (18th March 2014), Nat_Lee (22nd August 2014), Pris (22nd August 2014), RunningDeer (24th April 2013)

36. Link to Post #59
    United States Avalon Member foreverfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 times in 528 posts

I'm definitely an ENFP since I took both the short and long test and both said the same thing. - Not Bad Company.

Will Rogers
    Buster Keaton
    Mickey Rooney
    Andy Rooney
    Carol Burnett
    Paul Harvey
    Elizabeth Montgomery
    Dom Delouise
    Dave Thomas
    Meg Ryan
    Robin Williams
    Sandra Bullock
    Robert Downey
    Alicia Silverstone

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foreverfan For This Post:

Eram (25th April 2013), Knowrainknowrainbows! (24th April 2013), RunningDeer (24th April 2013)

38. Link to Post #60
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,790 times in 256 posts

Interesting test, I tested INFJ, I feel this is quiet accurate.

Adi.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adi For This Post:

Eram (25th April 2013), RunningDeer (24th April 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 3 12 LastLast