Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 5 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Personality Test and MBTI/Myers-Briggs Type Descriptions

1. Link to Post #81
    United States Avalon Member PixieDust's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,269 times in 212 posts

Default Re: Free Personality Test and MBTI/Myers-Briggs Type Descriptions

ENFP here...

I agree with the whole description of me! Kinda crazy... but also a lot of fun. I'm going to keep exploring now.

Thanks!!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PixieDust For This Post:

chocolate (11th February 2014), Eram (28th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (27th April 2013), Wind (28th April 2013)

3. Link to Post #82
    United States Avalon Member HaulinBananas's Avatar
    Thanks

Results for me: INFJ personality

It says 1%, but INFJ comes up in others' personality test result in above posts, so maybe not so rare? Or . . . that personality type is attracted to this type of forum.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HaulinBananas For This Post:

chocolate (11th February 2014), Eram (28th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (27th April 2013)

5. Link to Post #83
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by HaulinBananas (here)
    Results for me: INFJ personality

It says 1%, but INFJ comes up in others' personality test result in above posts, so maybe not so rare? Or . . . that personality type is attracted to this type of forum.
    Hi HaulinBananas,

I'm a INFJ, too. Yes, 25% on the thread are from the 1% category. I agree that the INFJ is attracted to this type of form. And I'd add to this type of thread. I expected more ENTP types, and still feel there are many. My guess is they’re busy sharpening their left brains on other threads. I’m working on adding some of their strengths.

But honestly, it feels too much like a full time job. I'm thinkin' osmosis is my best bet.

Here’s a mini-description of the ENTP:

“People with the ENTP personality type are often called devil’s advocates, and for a good reason. ENTPs absolutely love to argue and they do not really care that much what the argument is about, as long as it is fun. They may not actually support the idea they are arguing for, but may decide to go against the prevailing opinion, seeing this as a mental exercise. ENTPs are very quick-witted and original, which gives them a great advantage in debates, academia and politics – however, they also tend to do very well in many other areas that require willingness to challenge the existing ideas and juggle multiple arguments.”
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 28th April 2013 at 02:12.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Eram (28th April 2013), HaulinBananas (28th April 2013), kanishk (29th April 2013), Kindling (28th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks

ENFP
    very interesting thanks!

E - 28%, N - 30%, F - 18%, P - 48%.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to viscountvlad For This Post:

4evrneo (29th April 2013), Eram (28th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (28th April 2013), Wind (28th April 2013)

9. Link to Post #85
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,164 times in 2,963 posts

They say I'm an ENFP.

E - 40%, N - 13%, F - 26%, P - 32%.

Pretty much what I expected, fits quite well.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

4evrneo (29th April 2013), Eram (28th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (28th April 2013), Wind (28th April 2013)

11. Link to Post #86
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,615 times in 2,229 posts

I have been following this post with great interest. Those of you who have visited my profile (I'm INFJ) have seen the link to this personality test posted from when I opened my account. I have believed it to be an extremely important test and not one to be treated like a daily Horoscope. I am not poo poo'ing Astrology by any means. But I would recommend everyone take the test and read over the Positive and Negative traits several times and really absorb them. It is wise to have everyone of age take the test and understand themselves and read up on your Partner (Husband/Wife) etc...

I have been watching this thread because I have had great interest in the unfolding of the "Consciousness Evolution" or "Revolution" which is in FULL SWING and at the perfect time. Most of us on Avalon are reaching, NO Climbing inward and expanding our Consciousness on our own (And unknowingly as a group). People have come a long way on this site the last few years!

The importance of this personality test in this context?

KNOW THY SELF!

12. Link to Post #87
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by GoodeTXSG (here)
    I have been following this post with great interest. Those of you who have visited my profile (I'm INFJ) have seen the link to this personality test posted from when I opened my account. I have believed it to be an extremely important test and not one to be treated like a daily Horoscope. I am not poo poo'ing Astrology by any means. But I would recommend everyone take the test and read over the Positive and Negative traits several times and really absorb them. It is wise to have everyone of age take the test and understand themselves and read up on your Partner (Husband/Wife) etc...

I have been watching this thread because I have had great interest in the unfolding of the "Consciousness Evolution" or "Revolution" which is in FULL SWING and at the perfect time. Most of us on Avalon are reaching, NO Climbing inward and expanding our Consciousness on our own (And unknowingly as a group). People have come a long way on this site the last few years!

The importance of this personality test in this context?

KNOW THY SELF!
    Hi GoodeTXSG,

I posted this on the opening post:
    "I'm an INFJ; 72%, 36%, 42%, 20%..." "I know of another at Avalon because I discovered it on his message board. In case he's reading this ."
    You were the person that I referenced. Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 16th October 2017 at 11:46.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

4evrneo (29th April 2013), Eram (28th April 2013), GoodETxSG (28th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), ThePythonicCow (29th April 2013)

14. Link to Post #88
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 times in 653 posts

I'm pretty sure I fit every one of these categories in various % depending on the day. Life is change. Maybe age has something to do with it. Maybe I've learned a thing or one. Then again...

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sygh For This Post:

Eram (2nd May 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (29th April 2013)

16. Link to Post #89
    New Zealand Avalon Member Timewaster's Avatar
    Thanks

I am a INFP I - 34%, N - 16%, F - 4%, P - 12%.

Would be interesting to see the percentages of the Avalon forum compared to the rest of the world
    Last edited by Timewaster; 29th April 2013 at 13:13.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Timewaster For This Post:

Eram (2nd May 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (29th April 2013)

18. Link to Post #90
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 times in 385 posts

INFP. Strength of individual traits: I - 29%, N - 28%, F - 4%, P - 16%.

Praceful Journeys Wookie
    "The Perception of an Illusion is Deception, even when you believed it was real! Perception of Deception is not an Illusion at all!" Carl Stoynoff

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wookie For This Post:

Eram (2nd May 2013), RunningDeer (29th April 2013)

20. Link to Post #91
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Timewaster (here)
    Would be interesting to see the percentages of the Avalon forum compared to the rest of the world.
    Hello Timewaster,

To compare, the daily update is found @ Post #1. I've included charts from the general population and Paul’s post #22.

...The US and the UK are the only countries where MBTI type distribution data has been gathered for samples that can be considered truly representative of the general population." [continued below]

"Myers Briggs Percentages"

"Temperament"

"Preference"

"Function Pair"

Q&A - “Does anyone have the latest stats on world-wide general population MBTI types? Thanks!”

“...The US and the UK are the only countries where MBTI type distribution data has been gathered for samples that can be considered truly representative of the general population. There is broadly representative data for other countries, but because of the modest sample sizes we need to be careful about making generalisations from the distributions. 

Looking at the US and UK data, it's interesting to see that whilst there are small differences in the two distributions, they are in fact very similar. It can be tempting to assume that a county's culture reflects the distribution of types within a population (or vice versa), but this does not reflect the reality of the available data.

For detailed information about European type distributions I'd recommend you take a look at the MBTI Step I European Data Supplement, which can be downloaded from http://www.opp.eu.com/resources/norm...s/default.aspx . Amongst a whole host of other data (including the UK general population), you'll find comparable data for professional and managerial groups across several European countries.”

“...the MBTI Type Tables International is a CPP publication that provides international type table distributions. In addition to the supplement noted above, you will find some updated information for the Step II assessment in the CPP's MBTI Step II Manual Supplement which can be found here: www.cpp.com/MBTIValidity”

Supplemental information referred to above in pdf format:

https://www.cpp.com/campaigns/mbti_manual_supp.aspx

Last edited by RunningDeer; 2nd May 2013 at 11:47.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Eram (2nd May 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), Timewaster (2nd May 2013)

22. Link to Post #92
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

Just got the results: Your personality type: INTJ.

Strength of individual traits: I - 62%, N - 28%, T - 20%, J - 46%.

Have yet to read the details - and as usual, will have to go now and catch up with this later. And read this entire thread, which I have avoided for whatever reason like "I don't want to know"! Till I did.

Regards all - thanks Paula!

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

Eram (2nd May 2013), Limor Wolf (30th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (29th April 2013)

24. Link to Post #93
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,246 posts

INFP but I think I can also be INFJ coz there is more than one of me.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 161803398 For This Post:

Eram (2nd May 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), mosquito (4th May 2013), RunningDeer (29th April 2013)

26. Link to Post #94
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

I have done this test twice now from very different states of well being and my over all world view has changed over time. And this test still has me as a
    INTJ - Introvert(22%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(12%) Judging(22%)
    only with slightly different numbers. A very interesting study! I am still slowly soaking the works of Jung...
    Why not now?

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nomadguy For This Post:

Eram (2nd May 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (30th April 2013)

28. Link to Post #95
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 161803398 (here)
    INFP but I think I can also be INFJ coz there is more than one of me.
    Hello 161803398 & 161803398,
    Pleased to meet you and you. I've included both of you.

From the Paula of 2 halves.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 3rd May 2013 at 12:56.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Eram (2nd May 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014)

30. Link to Post #96
    United States Moderator Marianne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,392 times in 2,258 posts

About the differences between introvert and extrovert, as a life-long introvert, my take is that introverts internalize information, needing some time (whether seconds or hours) to process it, analyze it, try to fully comprehend it. Only then are we comfortable talking-discussing-perhaps debating it with others.

From what I'm told, extroverts can process information on the fly, perhaps analyzing as they speak about it. I can't imagine what that would be like.

Introverts can speak before crowds if we know what we're presenting. I have done this in classes without too much stage fright because I'm into what I'm presenting. But I don't always find much to say at a dinner party. Not much for small talk, love to dig into a topic of mutual interest.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marianne For This Post:

Eram (2nd May 2013), Limor Wolf (30th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), mosquito (4th May 2013), RunningDeer (30th April 2013), ThePythonicCow (30th April 2013)

32. Link to Post #97
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I took this test at my job back in the late '90's. At the time I was INTP (extremely rare type for females). But as I recall, the 'Thinking' and 'Perceiving' were low percentages.

Taking this test again, I'm now INFP. I'm actually glad to see I've changed more towards feeling than thinking. I've been doing a lot of personal and spiritual work these past few years, and have been getting more in touch with my emotions and feelings.

My 'Perceiving' is still hovering at 2% though, so I guess I can 'go both ways' between perceiving and judging, heh.

YAY Paula for bringing this test and topic to light again. I haven't "trolled" PA in a few weeks with all the stuff going on in the world and personally as of late. It was nice to see a light-hearted, yet very informative thread logging back on today.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ENIGMAggie For This Post:

Eram (2nd May 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (30th April 2013)

34. Link to Post #98
    Language
    English
    Thanks

"Be 100% Confident That You Have The Correct 4 Letter Personality Type"
    Full article here.

Personality testing field is that even the best, most well research assessments are only 60 to 70% accurate. 1 in 4 people get the wrong Type. The solution is after the test read a few descriptions, and settle on the one that fits you the best.

There are five main reasons why an individual's Personality Test results many not be accurate.

1) Cultural Biases, Honesty, and the "Wanna Be Effect"

The most common reasons is because they answer based on not how they really are, but how they want to be or how they think they should be.

2) Too Much Thinking or Too Indecisive

We have seen very analytical people "over complicate" and "over think" the questions in the test. The instructions say you should answer quickly and not think too much.

3) Confusion about One's Self - and Self Awareness

People may not have a clear picture of themselves.

4) Confusion Over Personality Type Terminology

The terminology used in the Type world is not necessarily the same that is used in everyday speech, and this causes confusion.

For example, we have encountered many people who think they are "Extraverted" when in fact they are "Introverted." The issue is with the definition of these terms, and confusion over "shyness."

5) Your Core Self and the Influence of Age, Maturity, and Learned Behavior

Your 4 letter Personality Type stays the same from birth to death, but it's easier to determine one's Type when one is under 25. The reason is that as one matures and becomes more well rounded, one learns to adapt to situations. You pick up learned behaviors and these become layers of personality on top of your original personality. Thus, the older and more mature you are, the more layers you have hiding your original personality.

[complete article found here]
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 2nd May 2013 at 11:50.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Eram (2nd May 2013)

36. Link to Post #99
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 times in 146 posts

INFJ here!

Strength of individual traits: I - 54%, N - 34%, F - 50%, J - 18%.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Libico For This Post:

Eram (2nd May 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (2nd May 2013)

38. Link to Post #100
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

i remember taking this test and depending on my mood, i will either get ENFP or INFJ.

on certain days, ENFP will describe me to a "T" as i spend time with my family inspiring them and me, but on other days, the INFJ rings true, as i sit and contemplate my life focus and career path.

today's mood: INFJ. ^__^

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorsha For This Post:

Eram (2nd May 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (2nd May 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 5 12 LastLast