+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Researchers Find Possible Lost Continent in Atlantic Ocean

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Skywizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,732 times in 1,319 posts

Default Japanese Researchers Find Possible Lost Continent in Atlantic Ocean

Japanese researchers find granite on seabed in the Atlantic Ocean, suggesting a continent may have once existed off the coast of Brazil.

A large slab of granite has been found deep in the Atlantic Ocean, Japanese researchers said on Tuesday (May 7), suggesting a continent may have once existed off the coast of Brazil.

A team led by the Japan Agency For Marine-Earth Science And Technology (JAMSTEC) found the 10-meter high by 10-meter wide rock 'cliff' more than 2,950 feet under the ocean. They were conducting a survey with its deep-sea submersible in the Rio Grande Rise, part of the southwest Atlantic basin some 745 miles southeast of Rio de Janeiro.

Granite is usually only found on land, and researchers say its presence on the seabed may be evidence of a continental land-mass that was swallowed by the waves at some point in the distant past. A large volume of quartz sand, which is also not formed at sea, was found around the granite slab.

In about 360 BC, the Greek thinker Plato wrote that an ancient warlike civilization -- Atlantis -- had once existed somewhere in the Atlantic, before sinking into the sea in a single night and day.

But academics and writers have argued its real submerged location may be anywhere from the Mediterranean to Antarctica -- with others suggesting the tale was merely a myth.

Source: Watch on Vimeo

peace...
    skywizard
    Last edited by Skywizard; 9th May 2013 at 00:06.
    ~~ One foot in the Ancient World and the other in the Now ~~

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Skywizard For This Post:

Aayushi sinha (8th May 2013), bruno dante (8th May 2013), crosby (9th May 2013), earthadvocate (8th May 2013), Ellisa (8th May 2013), fbs_brazil (8th May 2013), Fellow Aspirant (9th May 2013), InCiDeR (8th May 2013), Knowrainknowrainbows! (8th May 2013), Lifebringer (8th May 2013), Lisab (8th May 2013), Lost Soul (8th May 2013), mahalall (9th May 2013), Moz (9th May 2013), naste.de.lumina (8th May 2013), Padmé (9th May 2013), Prodigal Son (8th May 2013), Referee (8th May 2013), RMorgan (8th May 2013), seeker/reader (8th May 2013), seko (8th May 2013), Snoweagle (8th May 2013), william r sanford72 (9th May 2013), Wind (8th May 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Ireland Avalon Member Snoweagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,632 times in 1,021 posts

Default Re: Japanese Researchers Find Possible Lost Continent in Atlantic Ocean

Its Atlantis. Already been spotted on Google earth awhile back. The discovery was IMO the reason the French airliner was brought down mid atlantic so an excuse could be made to move the worlds best fleet of sub sea robots to the region without public scrutiny.
    By the way, the advertised dailyMotion "under production" movie will probably never be released as the region to be investigated covers thousands of square miles and includes multiple pyramids, ancient structures and evidence of our past which the elite do not want us to know about . . .
    Check it for yourselves, you will see to the east of the city environment the remains of the two undersea volcanoes with a city "artery" eastward between the two, (possibly towards the Cuban undersea pyramid complex which has already been raided), thess being of course the original and genuine "Gates of Hercules" told in alleged myths. It exists.
    This IS Atlantis. Any reference to the Mediterranean made, is by corrupt Freemasonic influence and bunkum.
    EVERY ancient reference to Atalantis refers to it being in the Atlantic and the biggest give away of all is the ruddy name. And of course these Google Earth pics.
    Attached Images      
    Last edited by Snoweagle; 8th May 2013 at 01:18.

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Snoweagle For This Post:

Aayushi sinha (8th May 2013), bennycog (8th May 2013), bruno dante (8th May 2013), crosby (9th May 2013), gigha (8th May 2013), InCiDeR (8th May 2013), Knowrainknowrainbows! (8th May 2013), Lifebringer (8th May 2013), Moz (9th May 2013), mrmalco (8th May 2013), naste.de.lumina (8th May 2013), Padmé (9th May 2013), Prodigal Son (8th May 2013), seko (8th May 2013), Skywizard (8th May 2013), Sophocles (8th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (9th May 2013), Wind (8th May 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Hey Skywizard,

My I ask you to post the source of the story?

I want to verify it and find out what the heck Japanese scientists are doing conducting research in Brazilian territory.

I want to know who authorized it and under what pretext.

Raf.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

InCiDeR (8th May 2013), Kristo (8th May 2013), mahalall (9th May 2013), naste.de.lumina (8th May 2013), Snoweagle (8th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (9th May 2013), Wind (8th May 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 times in 1,350 posts

Hey buddy Rmorgan.
    Here is a link in Portuguese, on the subject, which may help you in your search.
    http://noticias.terra.com.br/ciencia...6eb0aRCRD.html

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Prodigal Son's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 675 posts

It's kind of telling how any mention of Atlantis brings out the shills 911 style at forums like ATS ...

When I was a child I was obsessed with maps, and I kept drawing huge continents on maps and globes in the middle of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. I got into a lot of trouble for that.

I suspect that the elite fear we will find out that Atlantis came to an end because of the same things they are doing to the earth today.... and of course the ancient alien factor...
    Last edited by Prodigal Son; 8th May 2013 at 01:56.

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Prodigal Son For This Post:

Aayushi sinha (8th May 2013), ceetee9 (8th May 2013), crosby (9th May 2013), Hervé (8th May 2013), InCiDeR (8th May 2013), Muzz (8th May 2013), RMorgan (8th May 2013), seko (8th May 2013), Snoweagle (8th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (9th May 2013), Wind (8th May 2013)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Quote Posted by Snoweagle (here)
    Its Atlantis. Already been spotted on Google earth awhile back. The discovery was IMO the reason the French airliner was brought down mid atlantic so an excuse could be made to move the worlds best fleet of sub sea robots to the region without public scrutiny.
    By the way, the advertised dailyMotion "under production" movie will probably never be released as the region to be investigated covers thousands of square miles and includes multiple pyramids, ancient structures and evidence of our past which the elite do not want us to know about . . .
    Check it for yourselves, you will see to the east of the city environment the remains of the two undersea volcanoes with a city "artery" eastward between the two, (possibly towards the Cuban undersea pyramid complex which has already been raided), thess being of course the original and genuine "Gates of Hercules" told in alleged myths. It exists.
    This IS Atlantis. Any reference to the Mediterranean made, is by corrupt Freemasonic influence and bunkum.
    EVERY ancient reference to Atalantis refers to it being in the Atlantic and the biggest give away of all is the ruddy name. And of course these Google Earth pics.
    These lines are caused by bathymetric reading collection methods from boats. They don't actually exist on the sea floor. There are similar grids near Bermuda and Antarctica among others. If this were a structure or city, it would be gigantic at 104 by 77 miles. The lines themselves would be about 2 miles wide.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

BIG CAT (8th May 2013), Hervé (8th May 2013), InCiDeR (8th May 2013), Maknocktomb (8th May 2013), nickc2496 (8th May 2013), RMorgan (8th May 2013), Snoweagle (8th May 2013), william r sanford72 (9th May 2013)

12. Link to Post #7
    Brazil Avalon Member fbs_brazil's Avatar
    Thanks

Although the results are preliminary, it's must clarify that the "distant past" that marine research of the partnership Brazil-Japan refers is approximately 100 million years ago, when South America split from Africa. I believe we are forcing the situation if establish a relation with the continent of Atlantis, since Homo sapiens has its African origins between only 150 and 200,000 years ago.
    More information on
    http://www.cprm.gov.br/

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fbs_brazil For This Post:

InCiDeR (9th May 2013), Moz (9th May 2013), RMorgan (8th May 2013), seko (8th May 2013), Snoweagle (8th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (9th May 2013)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Whiskey_Mystic (here)
    These lines are caused by bathymetric reading collection methods from boats. They don't actually exist on the sea floor. There are similar grids near Bermuda and Antarctica among others. If this were a structure or city, it would be gigantic at 104 by 77 miles. The lines themselves would be about 2 miles wide.
    Rubbish! Poppycock! and Drivel! I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU! Wheres YOUR evidence other than quoting constant denial propagated by servants of the elite.
    These pictures are EVIDENCE. The city IS huge. The lines are not roads, they are sea lanes.Remember the giants of the bible? Recall the many pictures of excavated "giants".

These subsea lines are STRAIGHT lines deformed over time! Ain't natural, go figger. Ain't bathymetric either, load of nonsense, some people will believe anything to deflect investigation.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Snoweagle For This Post:

Prodigal Son (8th May 2013)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by fbs_brazil (here)
    Although the results are preliminary, it's must clarify that the "distant past" that marine research of the partnership Brazil-Japan refers is approximately 100 million years ago, when South America split from Africa. I believe we are forcing the situation if establish a relation with the continent of Atlantis, since Homo sapiens has its African origins between only 150 and 200,000 years ago.
    More information on
    http://www.cprm.gov.br/
    YEEESS and . . . ? It doesn't change the fact that these lines exist, where historical records state Atlantis should be, the media will be prevented from publishing this information and these forums will be awash with trolls poo-pooing any such conjecture of its existence. Well it does. Its there in your face, download Google Earth and see for yourself!

These finding force NOTHING other than the Truth! Homo Sapiens DID NOT have its beginnings 150-200k years ago, thats an ABUSE of the research. Humaniity have been here for over a million years and more. African (and other) archaeology has found such evidence but is ignored by MSM. Dig through the Avalon archives to find the dates and studies.

The media files the Japanese want to release to the public are under threat of being squashed, keeping everyone dumb, and judging be the APPARENT denial here I fear it is too late for some of you.

The alternative media have been full of "alien disclosure" and the forums have been alive with ooo's and aaa's at each little bit of HERESAY, yet cannot explore the slightest possibility that what they know and what they have been told is a LIE especially when there is evidence staring them in the face.

17. Link to Post #10
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

wow amazing..!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Aayushi sinha For This Post:

Snoweagle (8th May 2013)

19. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,085 times in 870 posts

I remember the first time I ever heard of Atlantis, I was in my teens and living on one of the Canary Islands.
    Sat by the sea in a little cafe one evening myself and friends got talking to an eccentric old local fisherman. The kind of man that at the time in my timid youth I met with trepidation and a pinch of salt...but would give anything to go back and talk deeper with now!

He told us all about this long lost world that was far superior, both technologically and spiritually, than we are today.
    Anyway enough of my reminiscing, but, this eccentric old fisherman told us this place was called Atlantis and was situated at the bottom of the Atlantic, off the coast of the Canary Islands.

Whenever I imagine Atlantis now, that's where my mind takes me!

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

BIG CAT (8th May 2013), InCiDeR (9th May 2013), Moz (9th May 2013), Shannon (9th February 2016), Snoweagle (8th May 2013), Wind (8th May 2013)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

@ The Avalon Forum - I wish to apologise for both my passion and the technical distraction of my assertion as the research being conducted by the Japanese awaiting publication is in a more southern region of the Atlantic that I allude to Atlantis being.

However, my comments with regard revelation of subsea discoveries is being squashed by the Elites at the highest levels is very valid. The United nations are currently discussing taking "ownership" of all the seas by the implementation of global Laws of the Seas and Oceans. (Here in the UK, byelaws have been changed throughout the kingdom pertaining to coastal access and activities precluding the right to BAN fishing from the coastline to prevent subsea damage!)

These subsea structures throughout the Oceans MUST be openly investigated and researched with FULL disclosure.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snoweagle For This Post:

InCiDeR (9th May 2013), Moz (9th May 2013), william r sanford72 (9th May 2013)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sérénité (here)
    I remember the first time I ever heard of Atlantis, I was in my teens and living on one of the Canary Islands.
    Sat by the sea in a little cafe one evening myself and friends got talking to an eccentric old local fisherman. The kind of man that at the time in my timid youth I met with trepidation and a pinch of salt...but would give anything to go back and talk deeper with now!

He told us all about this long lost world that was far superior, both technologically and spiritually, than we are today.
    Anyway enough of my reminiscing, but, this eccentric old fisherman told us this place was called Atlantis and was situated at the bottom of the Atlantic, off the coast of the Canary Islands.

Whenever I imagine Atlantis now, that's where my mind takes me!
    Download Google Earth and investigate the subsea coastline and you will see to the south west of the Canaries similar structures as the major one that sits mid atlantic and you will see for yourself without distraction or deflection that there is "something" of potentially ground breaking INTEREST to mankind waiting to be explored.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Snoweagle For This Post:

Sérénité (8th May 2013)

25. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,085 times in 870 posts

Download Google Earth and investigate the subsea coastline and you will see to the south west of the Canaries similar structures as the major one that sits mid atlantic and you will see for yourself without distraction or deflection that there is "something" of potentially ground breaking INTEREST to mankind waiting to be explored.
    Totally agree Snoweagle!
    The amount of money that is handed over to explore space and beyond is great, but, I think first we should explore our own planets depths a little more...as above so is below, as the saying goes!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

Lefty Dave (16th May 2013), Snoweagle (8th May 2013)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Rubbish! Poppycock! and Drivel! I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU! Wheres YOUR evidence other than quoting constant denial propagated by servants of the elite.
    These pictures are EVIDENCE. The city IS huge. The lines are not roads, they are sea lanes.Remember the giants of the bible? Recall the many pictures of excavated "giants".

These subsea lines are STRAIGHT lines deformed over time! Ain't natural, go figger. Ain't bathymetric either, load of nonsense, some people will believe anything to deflect investigation.
    This has become the sort of response that I have come to expect from Avalon, which is why I don't post much here anymore.

Look, if all you want to do is masturbate yourself on your own fantasies and discard any thought or word that does not reinforce your world, then have at. Who would I be to tell you not to? And you're in good company, too, because the world is full of people just like you.

Which might be why the world is going to hell in a handbasket.
    Last edited by Whiskey_Mystic; 9th May 2013 at 02:45.

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

crosby (9th May 2013), D-Day (9th May 2013), Griff (10th May 2013), Hervé (9th May 2013), InCiDeR (9th May 2013), kemo (9th May 2013), Moz (9th May 2013), Sebastion (9th May 2013), Snoweagle (9th May 2013), thunder24 (9th May 2013), william r sanford72 (9th May 2013)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,702 times in 8,941 posts

Whisky Mystic, Montreal is 40 miles long by 25 large. With 1.5 millions inhabitants on the island (the remaining 1.5 are around the city, in two large cities about the same size).

I do not see why an ancient civilisation would not have a 75 miles long city like dwellings. Istanbul is 15 millions inhabitants on both sides of the Bosphorus. It takes two hours plus to cross, when you are not in a trafic jam. Most do it by boat. It is as large as what is underwater. Many cities in the world are that size. If we push it, the 2 miles wide lanes are where the electricity and communication tower go across (our hydro here has clear cuts of about 500 meters wide for their towers). Wink here (extrapolation from our own civilisation may be off, but yet, demonstrate the possibilities).

Starting with Rio de Janiero by the way which is very large.
    Last edited by Flash; 9th May 2013 at 03:03.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

InCiDeR (9th May 2013), Padmé (9th May 2013), Snoweagle (9th May 2013)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Whisky Mystic, Montreal is 40 miles long by 25 large. With 1.5 millions inhabitants on the island (the remaining 1.5 are around the city, in two large cities about the same size).

I do not see why an ancient civilisation would not have a 75 miles long city like dwellings. Istanbul is 15 millions inhabitants on both sides of the Bosphorus. It takes two hours plus to cross, when you are not in a trafic jam. Most do it by boat. It is as large as what is underwater. Many cities in the world are that size. If we push it, the 2 miles wide laves where the electricity and communication tower going across (our hydro here has clear cuts of about 500 meters wide for their towers). Wink here (extrapolation from our own civilisation may be off, but yet, demonstrate the possibilities).

It's certainly possible for a settlement to be that large. If you look at the Boswash Metropolis. That is one giant urban thing right there.
    Last edited by Whiskey_Mystic; 9th May 2013 at 03:11.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

crosby (9th May 2013), Flash (9th May 2013), InCiDeR (9th May 2013), Moz (9th May 2013), Padmé (9th May 2013), Snoweagle (9th May 2013)

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

I do not see why an ancient civilisation would not have a 75 miles long city like dwellings. Istanbul is 15 millions inhabitants on both sides of the Bosphorus. It takes two hours plus to cross, when you are not in a trafic jam. Most do it by boat. It is as large as what is underwater. Many cities in the world are that size. If we push it, the 2 miles wide laves where the electricity and communication tower going across (our hydro here has clear cuts of about 500 meters wide for their towers). Wink here (extrapolation from our own civilisation may be off, but yet, demonstrate the possibilities).

It's certainly possible for a settlement to be that large. If you look at the Boswash Metropolis that is one giant urban thing right there.
    ok if you want to compare it with something fake, do it. I am not getting in these kind of arguments. Read your books as much as you want. In the meantime I will continue traveling the world and its megapolis.

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

It's certainly possible for a settlement to be that large. If you look at the Boswash Metropolis that is one giant urban thing right there.
    ok if you want to compare it with something fake, do it. I am not getting in these kind of arguments. Read your books as much as you want. In the meantime I will continue traveling the world and its megapolis.
    I don't understand your post. Are you suggesting the Boswash is being presented as something false? Boswash is a common term to describe the urbanization of the east coast of the United states from Boston to Washington D.C. It's basically one solid city.

35. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

I don't understand your post. Are you suggesting the Boswash is being presented as something false? Boswash is a common term to describe the urbanization of the east coast of the United states from Boston to Washington D.C. It's basically one solid city.
    As it came from a book (google search) I thought it was from a fake story. My mistake, not being anglo saxon, I do not know all the inuendos of the language nor the culture. Sorry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast