12th May 2013 02:30
Link to Post #21
Re: Syria Nuked by Israel?
For those who are undecided, here are a few of reasons why Israel would not use a nuclear weapon against Syria:
1) It would mean abandoning their nuclear ambiguity
2) The USA would not provide Israel arms any more, since the USA can not legally provide arms to states that have both not signed the NPT and possess nuclear weapons.
3) It would earn the Syrian government sympathy - not something Israel or the West wants.
4) Israel would become an international pariah, above and beyond its current status.
5) Their arguments against Iran would be spectacularly undermined.
6) They would risk spreading fallout over their regional allies.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tesseract For This Post:
InCiDeR (12th May 2013), Loony (12th May 2013), Paul (12th May 2013), RMorgan (12th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (12th May 2013), Team Zen (12th May 2013)
12th May 2013 02:35
Link to Post #22