+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: How to handle the police.

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 times in 800 posts

Default How to handle the police.

This guy is fantastic! So he went for a stroll around the Grove hotel before the bilderberg meeting next month and got harassed by police.

Quote I took a stroll through the grounds of The Grove hotel where the Bilderberg meeting 2013 is being held. As I headed through the golf course it seemed that it was actually the security operation that was in full swing.

2. Link to Post #2
    New Zealand Avalon Member etheric underground's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,919 times in 540 posts

Default Re: How to handle the police.

Top job on not relinquishing his identification... not too sure about other countries but I know here in Australia, once you
    give them your ID you have entered a contract and they can then find a reason to give you a ticket or arrest you...
    Great watch!!

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to etheric underground For This Post:

4evrneo (31st May 2013), Fred Steeves (17th May 2013), Holly Lindin (22nd May 2013), InCiDeR (17th May 2013), karelia (19th May 2013), Mad Hatter (17th May 2013), Nothingness (18th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (19th May 2013), TargeT (17th May 2013)

4. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Entertaining and informative little tour he took us on, very nicely done. Also very nicely done was the firm but polite manner in which he refused to "show his papers".

I'd enjoy sharing a pint or two any day with this fellow.

5. Link to Post #4
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

the guy who invited him for coffee cracked me up, haha great to see support from a random home owner there.

the camera man did an excelent job at circling back to the fact that he does not have to give any identification as he is not a suspect of any crime.

the officer didn't quite seem to get it.

Fast forward to 21:49 to see the final long confrontation with the police, a great 15 min battle of calmness and reason.
    Last edited by TargeT; 17th May 2013 at 15:30.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

4evrneo (31st May 2013), etheric underground (18th May 2013), Fred Steeves (17th May 2013), InCiDeR (17th May 2013), Mad Hatter (17th May 2013), Nothingness (18th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (19th May 2013)

7. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

I didn’t watch the video but I’m assuming this guy decided he’d try to get a juicy video on the Bilderberg meeting and I’m sure was well prepared to handle the police when he was confronted (as he knew he would be).

So What? The police are the ‘bad guys’ here for doing their job? What were the police supposed to do, just let the guy waltz right in and trespass or worse?

Like it or not the Bilderberg’s have rights too and we should support their right to privacy and protection in as much as we should be afforded ours. The guy was in the wrong or pushed the line extremely hard (I’m assuming) and knew just how far he could push it.

So from where I am standing instead of saying “How to Handle the Police” perhaps we should think the police were doing their job and respected this man when he voiced his rights and they in turn respected him from that place. It was a win win scenario. They did their job.

8. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by blufire (here)
    So What? The police are the ‘bad guys’ here for doing their job? What were the police supposed to do, just let the guy waltz right in and trespass or worse?
    Here's where you should have watched the video, he was walking on public land, an undercover police officer lied to him & told him it was private (later confirmed by a neighbor hood man who's house he was stopped outside of again by a patrol car and two unifomred police) He was then basically harassed for 15 solid min by police officers who admited they had no right in stopping him or asking him for his identification (on a public road as he walked) & they said they did not suspect him of any illegal activity; yet they would not let him go, he tryed to walk away, they parked and walked up to him again and kept asking him questions.

they acted like he was being unreasonable by not doing something he clearly stated he didn't want to do (and was not legaly obligated to do) & would not let him go, clear case of harassment IMO.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

EYES WIDE OPEN (18th May 2013), InCiDeR (17th May 2013), karelia (19th May 2013), Mad Hatter (17th May 2013), Nothingness (18th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (19th May 2013), transitionalman (21st May 2013)

10. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 700 posts

What an outstanding example of how to do this. Lessons here for all.

PS:

So What? The police are the ‘bad guys’ here for doing their job?
    hmm... so the SS rounding up jews was ok in your book... after all it was legal for them to do so...

Perhaps the more subtle points of the implicit morality or lack thereof may have been a little more obvious if you had taken the time to look at the video.

just sayin...
    Last edited by Mad Hatter; 17th May 2013 at 16:03.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mad Hatter For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st May 2013), etheric underground (18th May 2013), EYES WIDE OPEN (18th May 2013), InCiDeR (17th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (19th May 2013), TargeT (17th May 2013)

12. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Here's where you should have watched the video, he was walking on public land, an undercover police officer lied to him & told him it was private (later confirmed by a neighbor hood man who's house he was stopped outside of again by a patrol car and two unifomred police) He was then basically harassed for 15 solid min by police officers who admited they had no right in stopping him or asking him for his identification (on a public road as he walked) & they said they did not suspect him of any illegal activity; yet they would not let him go, he tryed to walk away, they parked and walked up to him again and kept asking him questions.

they acted like he was being unreasonable by not doing something he clearly stated he didn't want to do (and was not legaly obligated to do) & would not let him go, clear case of harassment IMO.
    Okay . . . but then my mind automatically goes to . . . . the guy lied flat out and was coy on why he was walking on this particular part of land

They both lied. (I guess)

The police were there to protect the privacy of an extremely powerful family or meeting and we are supposed to be surprised or shocked the police were on high alert for very activity this man was exhibiting. They (police) were not stupid they knew he was there specifically to get ‘stuff’ on the bilderberg’s

Guy was in the wrong and lied and pushed the situation. All because of the loathing (justified) of this powerful family. He put the police in the position and pushed it.

13. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Okay . . . but then my mind automatically goes to . . . . the guy lied flat out and was coy on why he was walking on this particular part of land

They both lied. (I guess)
    Well he is under absolutely no obligation to tell anyone why he was there, he said he was there to video the garden (which he was) and left it at that (sort of hinting at the meeting in a months time, being a little coy yes, but again no legal reason you cannot be coy) he was approached twice while doing nothing to warrant being approached.

If we continue to let these type of actions be "ok" (not that he did) then we might as well just scrap our rights, let them drive up and arrest us because they don't like the way we dress or look or we are in an area that will be important in a months time.

I work with Intelligence, I know how covert observation is used, this was overt bullying show of force & use of intimidation, harassment at the least.

The police were there to protect the privacy of an extremely powerful family or meeting and we are supposed to be surprised or shocked the police were on high alert for very activity this man was exhibiting. They (police) were not stupid they knew he was there specifically to get ‘stuff’ on the bilderberg’s

Guy was in the wrong and lied and pushed the situation. All because of the loathing (justified) of this powerful family. He put the police in the position and pushed it.

there was no family or meeting there at the time & just because the police are in a position of authority does not mean they get to violate the rights of the individual; EVER.

I fully support this video and all the actions of the videographer; we CANNOT back down from situations like this. The term I see applying here is "Tip-Toe-Totalitarianism" & you just saw (or didn't if you didn’t watch it) a video of how it happens.

Now, I do agree that the police are just trying to do what they think is right & that's why I liked the Videographer's way of handling things, no anger, very calmly explaining how they were in the wrong by repeatedly asking him for identification.

Quote Harassment (/həˈræsmənt/ or /ˈhærəsmənt/) covers a wide range of behaviors of an offensive nature. It is commonly understood as behavior intended to disturb or upset, and it is characteristically repetitive. In the legal sense, it is intentional behavior which is found threatening or disturbing
    he mentioned several times that he was disturbed AND upset (I'm sure relying heavily on the definition of harassment) and the officers ignored him basically, while they " repetitively" asked him for his identification & would not let him go on his way.

If you did that to a police officer you would be arrested.
    Where are you?

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st May 2013), etheric underground (18th May 2013), EYES WIDE OPEN (18th May 2013), Fred Steeves (18th May 2013), InCiDeR (17th May 2013), Mad Hatter (17th May 2013), Nothingness (18th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (19th May 2013)

15. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Okay, I watched parts of the video.

The guy is an a**hole and lied all through the video to the police why he was there. Especially when he said he turned the camera off (visually yes) but still had the sound on. Then he pushed further by going to the 'back gate'. He was there to get his 15 minutes. Show me his ‘historical video’ if that is why he was truly there.

Their suspicions were right and were (as they said) heightened by the fact he had a camera. They were polite and proper and very patient.

AND I will tell you all this. If some guy with a camera or not came waltzing right up to my back gate looking suspicious and out of place . . . .whether he is on my property or barely on the county road he would have a loaded shotgun aimed right at his suspicious ass and I would suggest strongly he move that suspicious ass on down the road at a very rapid pace or I would give him extreme motivation.

Come on people. Respect the truth from all sides not only from where you are biased.

16. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Come on people. Respect the truth from all sides not only from where you are biased.
    Well we can just agree to disagree, I watched the video and since the person was there absolutely by his rights and (guess what!) since it's not illegal to lie nor is it illegal to video tape I think you are over reacting.

I see your side, I could see it more if this person was there just to harass or be an ass, but he wasn't & he didn't.

You are supporting the wrong team here legally & in my opinion, your closing statement has some interesting inference that I'll just ignore (luckily I've been to www.triviumeducation.com and learned to critically think!) I do not feel I am being bias at all here, thank you very much; however, one must be constantly vigilant to ensure that they do not slip into that very human condition, so thank you again for the reminder.
    Where are you?

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st May 2013), etheric underground (18th May 2013), EYES WIDE OPEN (18th May 2013), InCiDeR (17th May 2013), Mad Hatter (17th May 2013)

18. Link to Post #12
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Well we can just agree to disagree, I watched the video and since the person was there absolutely by his rights and (guess what!) since it's not illegal to lie nor is it illegal to video tape I think you are over reacting.

I see your side, I could see it more if this person was there just to harass or be an ass, but he wasn't & he didn't.

You are supporting the wrong team here legally & in my opinion, your closing statement has some interesting inference that I'll just ignore (luckily I've been to www.triviumeducation.com and learned to critically think!) I do not feel I am being bias at all here, thank you very much; however, one must be constantly vigilant to ensure that they do not slip into that very human condition, so thank you again for the reminder.

okey dokey . . . I look from all sides . . . in this case the guy's side, police side and bildeberger side and lastly my own. Find the balance . . . for everyone.

19. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Such polite police? I was waiting for the brutality to start.... I loved the way he handled them.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

blufire (18th May 2013), Darla Ken Pearce (21st May 2013), etheric underground (18th May 2013), InCiDeR (18th May 2013), Mad Hatter (18th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (19th May 2013), TargeT (17th May 2013)

21. Link to Post #14
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

The guy is an a**hole and lied all through the video to the police why he was there. Especially when he said he turned the camera off (visually yes) but still had the sound on. Then he pushed further by going to the 'back gate'. He was there to get his 15 minutes. Show me his ‘historical video’ if that is why he was truly there.

Their suspicions were right and were (as they said) heightened by the fact he had a camera. They were polite and proper and very patient.

AND I will tell you all this. If some guy with a camera or not came waltzing right up to my back gate looking suspicious and out of place . . . .whether he is on my property or barely on the county road he would have a loaded shotgun aimed right at his suspicious ass and I would suggest strongly he move that suspicious ass on down the road at a very rapid pace or I would give him extreme motivation.
    Oh dear. Talk about missing the point. You seem to be quite an apologist for the Police. Each to their own.
    If someone I don't know came past my property, the first thing I would do would NOT be stick a gun in his face! That's very extreme.
    Last edited by EYES WIDE OPEN; 18th May 2013 at 11:31.

22. Link to Post #15
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EYES WIDE OPEN (here)

Oh dear. Talk about missing the point. You seem to be quite an apologist for the Police. Each to their own.
    If someone I don't know came past my property, the first thing I would do would NOT be stick a gun in his face! That's very extreme.

No I got the point you were trying to make . . . . something along the lines of.

Educate yourself on certain laws that you can use to harangue the police into overreacting in a stressful confrontation so you can make a great little youtube video.

He pushed it just as hard as he could and the police kept their cool and did not fall for it. He even at one point filmed himself slowly pushing the gate open hoping the officer would overreact.

The video was highly edited. Again, if he was making a ‘historical video’ where is it?

He knew security would be high at the Grove because of the bilderberg meeting and he exploited it.

There has been an explosion of radical activists that actually are more harmful than helpful because of their extreme unreasonable actions.

Exactly how did this guy’s video help anything? It only served in making the gap wider between forming a working relationship between civilians and the police.

How would you react or feel if a police officer came to your yard, stayed barely on the sidewalk and filmed you as you went about your daily personal business? How about if they then took little things you said and did and exploited and twisted them to make you look bad or that you were some sort of criminal?

It is the same.

I am not an apologist for police officers who legitimately harass or abuse and I most certainly am not going to support stupidity and outrageous behavior like this guy.

I am a single woman living in a very secluded area. If this guy came to my land and did what he did in this video you bet your sweet britches he would have a loaded shotgun aimed in his general direction or the very least I would sic my dogs on him.

I have little patience for arrogant a**holes and I am really running out of patience for these current extreme activists that make it difficult for those of us who are actually trying to work with different corporations and government bureaucracy.

I am highly involved with the coal and gas industry and specifically the increased fracking that is going on in my area. I have stickers on my pick-up truck that shows I am an organic farmer, herbalist, eco/sustainable supporter and believe in aliens. I considered taking them off my truck because of the reaction I get when I pull into drill sites where corporations like Halliburton are operating. But I left them on because for once I want them to see that not all of us are unreasonable overacting extremists. I am making large headway because I treat these guys like humans and with great respect and understanding.

23. Link to Post #16
    New Zealand Avalon Member etheric underground's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,919 times in 540 posts

BLUFIRE..... have you not gone to a public place and taken a photo?? ( the golf course where this journalist walked was public property)
    Have you not walked down a main road minding your own business ( it is not against any law to video in a public place)
    Did you not know that because of the Bilderberg group... most of humanity is non educated, starving, poor and without a home.
    That their major priority is to minimise ( murder,poison erradicate) the population to around 200 million slaves.
    that the point being raised is that these 1% of the population scum are limiting our ability to think, take action and have a say...
    This wonderful gentleman held his ground because we have the right to do so...and to do so against the system( including sheep police)

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to etheric underground For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st May 2013), EYES WIDE OPEN (18th May 2013), Holly Lindin (22nd May 2013), InCiDeR (18th May 2013), Mad Hatter (20th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (19th May 2013), TargeT (18th May 2013)

25. Link to Post #17
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

No I got the point you were trying to make . . . . something along the lines of.

Educate yourself on certain laws that you can use to harangue the police into overreacting in a stressful confrontation so you can make a great little youtube video.
    Clearly, by what you typed above, you obviously DID NOT get the point I was trying to make.
    Also it was clear your mind was made up before you watched the video as you already said you disagreed with the video without actually watching it

If this guy came to my land and did what he did in this video you bet your sweet britches he would have a loaded shotgun aimed in his general direction or the very least I would sic my dogs on him.
    Wow. Don't really know what to say to that.
    Last edited by EYES WIDE OPEN; 18th May 2013 at 15:24.

26. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Exactly how did this guy’s video help anything?
    See title of thread and you have your answer. To spell it out, it shows how to handle the police and how nobody is obliged to answer their questions. Is that not obvious?

Whatever. I don't think we are going to agree. I will be at Bilderberg so if you are coming then we can talk about it.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

You are supporting the wrong team here legally
    Well said.

27. Link to Post #19
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

You guys are so tunnel visioned on this that it makes me very sad and actually gives me little hope that we truly can make a difference. We have to stop polarizing situations and groups of people.

Instead of attacking attacking attacking all the time and pushing things to the absurd activist extreme. . . . find the middle balanced ground, Find the ‘common ground place’ you can work with the group you are trying to influence or change and build from there.

Stay out of ‘their’ arena and game . . . you will never win or be successful.

If I took this approach this man took with my work with the ‘fracking and gas drilling industry’ I would be absolutely NOWHERE. But at this point the riggers and field crews know me by name and welcome me on the sites . . . it has cost me several hundred dollars in a ‘specialized beverage’ we have here in the Appalachians and several whopper hangovers, but they now are actually helping me monitor water runoff and other environmentals. They listen when I voice the concerns of the ‘fracking industry’. We have a friendly sharing, working relationship and are learning from each other. I have inroads now to the higher echelons in Chesapeake Gas and Alpha Natural Resources because of the ground work I have been laying the past 2 years.

So you tell me guys . . . . which is more successful and beneficial??

28. Link to Post #20
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I had another thought . . .

I have a sneaking suspicion that just like this guy made a video with the title “How to Handle the Police”

The police probably have this encounter and encounters like it on video with the title “How to Handle the Extreme Activist”.

I’m serious guys . . .we have to be better than this to move things forward from a positive place, for everyone involved.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast