+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Copper deficiency (Dr Joel Wallach)

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Default Copper deficiency (Dr Joel Wallach)

This copy and paste job ended with some product pushing so I skipped it, not affiliated with the site or the guy, just interesting stuff, happy reading.

Did you know that COPPER DEFICIENCY causes – GRAY HAIR/WRINKLES/SAGGING BODY PARTS/VARICOSE VEINS, HEMMORHOIDS: by Dr Wallach

The very first symptom of copper deficiency in human beings is white, gray and silver hair. Copper is required as a co-factor to manufacture hair pigment, doesn’t matter whether it is red, blonde, brown or black hair, and I see a lot of copper deficiency in this room. I can almost tell you which people, men and women, have colored their hair. I’m good at that, being a physician, and you don’t want to be like a medical doctor and just treat the symptoms. If you are coloring your hair, you are just treating the symptoms. You need to do the basic things, take some colloidal copper, and if you don’t what’s going to happen is, you get a breakdown in the elastic fibers of your skin, and you begin getting crows’ feet around the corners of your eyes and mouth, parts of your anatomy begin to sag, and you know you’re in trouble when your doctor tells you “I’ve got a golf buddy down the hall who is a plastic surgeon. And for $10,000 he’ll make you look 20 years younger. But you don’t need face-life, a booby-lift, a tummy-tuck, or a derriere-lift.

All you need is some colloidal copper and everything will come back up, just like you had a hydraulic jack under it. It will just come right back up. Those elastic fibers tighten right up. They’ll say, “Francine, did you get a face lift? You look like you are 20 years younger.” Now if you don’t take some action at that point, the next thing that happens is, breakdown in your elastic fibers in the large veins of your legs and you get varicose veins. You don’t take action at that point, you get a breakdown in the large veins of your exhaust pipe and you get hemorrhoids. So if you have hemorrhoids, varicose veins, things that sag, wrinkles, white, gray or silver hair, the odds are you have aneurysms developing in you somewhere, and you don’t want to, of course, die suddenly of a ruptured aneurysm when your body has been warning you for 10, 20, 30 years.

Just remember, people don’t die suddenly of an aneurysm, it may be you drop and die. Think about Albert Einstein. He died of a ruptured aortic aneurysm at 68 years of age. What color was his hair? He was famous for wild, white hair, wasn’t he? Now you would like to think that people who win the Nobel Prize in Medicine at least live to be 75.5, but they live to be 58 just like other doctors. And that’s because they are trained, and they believe, and practice that they can get everything you need from your four food groups. Doesn’t matter if you win the Nobel Prize or not.

This guy, Dr. George Kohler, was the youngest person ever to win the Nobel Prize in Medicine in history. 37 years old, wins the Nobel Prize in Medicine, and he won it by studying monocline antibodies, which antibodies trained to attack cancer cells. If they ever get this really working, it will be great, because they won’t have to use chemo-therapy anymore, which kills more people than it saves. Eleven years after winning the Nobel Prize in Medicine, Dr. George Kohler, now 48, drops dead of a cardiomyopathy heart attack, because he believed/practiced that you can get everything you need from your four food groups. Didn’t take any Selenium, died of a cardiomyopathy heart attack.

Now I have to tell you, why athletes are early warning systems. Couch potatoes, by definition, are people who go to extraordinary efforts not to sweat. They make every human effort not to sweat. They are changing the TV channels, “Honey, bring in the popcorn, I’m changing the channels. Honey, bring in the TV Guide, I’m changing the channels.” Well, by contract, athletes have the attitude, “no pain, no gain”. They are out there sweating, working away, power-training, strength training, running and they sweat. Athletes, no matter of age, sweat more in 5 years than couch potatoes do in 70 years. And when you sweat, you don’t just sweat out Potassium and Gatorade, you sweat out all 60 essential minerals. If you sweat out all your Selenium and you don’t replace it by supplementation, you’re at high risk of getting a cardiomyopathy heart attack. You sweat out all your copper and don’t replace it by supplementation, you’re at high risk of developing an aneurysm and dying suddenly of a ruptured aneurysm. If you sweat out all your chromium and vanadium and don’t replace it by supplementation, you’re at high risk of getting diabetes. And if you sweat out all your calcium and magnesium, boron and zinc, and sulphur, and other minerals that are required for cartilage, ligaments, tendons, connective tissue, bone, you’re going to get a joint/bone injury. What is the biggest single cause of an athlete’s career being ended early? Joint and bone problems, right? It’s because they sweat out all the basic minerals they need to maintain those parts of the body and they don’t supplement with them because doctors tell them they can get everything they need from the four food groups.

What are the early warning system for mineral deficiency? Well, I already told you about white, gray or silver hair for a copper deficiency. Liver spots or age spots on the back of your hand, side of your face or neck is caused by a Selenium deficiency. And you know, again, about Selenium deficiency. Then, of course, you have toe cramps, leg cramps, hypertension. These things are all caused by a deficiency of calcium, and if you’re an athlete at age 25 or 15, and you get a leg cramp, it’s a calcium deficiency. Your body is telling you, if you don’t stop drinking those Pepsis and start supplementing with some calcium, by the time you are 40, 50, 60 years old you’re going to suffer with arthritis and osteoporosis. But most people say, I have to get this high-priced trainer. I need somebody who can give me massage therapy because I have this cramp. And they don’t go and take their supplements.

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

Default Re: Copper deficiency (Dr Joel Wallach)

I've heard several of his lectures and what he says makes sense to me. Now, after we hear what the problem is, how do we get about getting cooper in our bodies? Or selenium? I'd like to know if any members here have bought or gotten supplements or have knowledge about how to replenish ourselves with those minerals?

Thanks in advance for any tips....

Other than buying his products...

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cloud9 For This Post:

Cidersomerset (16th May 2013), DeDukshyn (16th May 2013), enfoldedblue (17th May 2013), eva08 (17th May 2013), Hazel (18th May 2013), Moz (17th May 2013)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,645 times in 18,693 posts

Funny enough Dr.Carolyn Dean was talking about copper jewlery for grounding purposes
    and athrites etc.....

So I bought the only one they had at Arogos a couple weeks ago and have worn it ever
    since with an old copper band my mate gave me. I'm going to look for another at some
    point...LOL..I think its doing something, even if its only a placebo !!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

cloud9 (17th May 2013), DeDukshyn (16th May 2013), enfoldedblue (17th May 2013), Hazel (18th May 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Good topic to bring up Some Guys Neighbour number 778 This is an important one and many people are indeed deficient in copper.

Hi all, We need to talk about Zinc in relationship to copper. Too much zinc messes with the way copper works in your body; This is important in addressing issues related with copper deficiency.

Always consider that your body requires a 10:1 ratio of zinc to copper for optimal function. In fact maintaining this ratio between these two minerals is extremely important.

I extracted this excerpt from the website for Advanced Orthomolecular Research (natural supplement company I work for that is revered as probably the best in Canada and the World in terms of quality and care into the research behind their formulations). I'm not selling anything and their products are a bit hard to get outside of Canada anyway. Feel free to utilize their website for all kinds of great educational purposes - we publish all the research and references with all information for verification purposes.

here is the excerpt on research behind the ratios of zinc and copper: taken from the research tab on this page (ignore the product - read the research):http://www.aor.ca/products-page/anti.../#research_tab

Research

Ten to One
    Both animal and human evidence suggests that, for optimal utilization of both minerals, the balance between zinc and copper should be about ten-to-one. This isn’t just a theoretical concern.

The Negative Effects of 23.5:1
    In a series of human studies, putting volunteers on a diet and supplement regimen in which the ratio between zinc and copper was 23.5-to-one (and sometimes lower) – common zinc-to-copper ratios found in many multivitamins on health food store shelves – resulted in wide-ranging metabolic disturbances, including reduced levels of the copper-based antioxidants enzymes cytosolic superoxide dismutase and ceruloplasmin, increased total and LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, anemia, reductions in the body’s levels of enkephalins (natural pain-killing molecules), and cardiac dysfunction (including rhythm disturbances and even heart attacks!).

Ironic Immune Dysfunction
    At the extreme, out-of control zinc supplementation impairs immune function, despite the fact that an adequate intake of zinc is necessary for normal immune function. This is especially galling, considering that the most common reason for zinc supplementation is to support healthy immunity. One reason for this may be copper’s important role in immune function: one of the classic signs of ‘simple’ copper deficiency is depressed levels of important white blood cells (leukocytes and neutrophils).

Common Dysfunctions: Could They Be Related?
    Over the long term, it seems that other problems linked to long-term, subclinical ‘simple’ copper deficiency – such as impaired bone metabolism, poor glucose metabolism, arthritis, neurological dysfunction, and increased levels of Advanced Glycation Endproducts (AGE) – would also manifest from a functional copper deficiency created by excessive zinc intake, leading top copper researcher Dr. Leslie M. Klevay to warn of the “hazards of zinc supplements.” The problem, of course, is not zinc supplements – but excessive or unbalanced zinc supplementation.

Excessive Zinc and Prostate Health
    The most ironic twist in the tale of overemphasis on zinc has only recently appeared. Many men take zinc supplements to support the health of their prostates, because the prostate has the highest levels of this mineral of any organ of the body, and most studies have found that low levels of zinc in the prostate are associated with benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) and prostate cancer. But a large new study, which tracked the health habits of nearly 50 000 American male health professionals for 14 years, found that extreme zinc over-supplementation is associated with a more than doubled risk of developing prostate cancer, especially if continued for more than 10 years.

This doesn’t mean that men concerned about prostate health should stop making sure that their zinc intake is adequate: there was no association of zinc supplement use and prostate cancer in men with more reasonable intakes of the mineral. But it does mean that the targets that we should aim for are the kinds of intakes typical of a healthy diet – meaning a supplement designed for sustainable, long-term use should not contain more than about 11 milligrams of zinc.

Copper: The Free Radical Myth
    Aside from an overemphasis on the benefits of zinc and a mysterious tendency to ignore copper’s benefits, much of the reason for unbalanced zinc supplementation has come from the myth that copper is a ‘pro-oxidant’ mineral, which might accelerate free radical damage in the body. The reason for this concern is the so-called Fenton reaction, whereby “transition metals” (such as iron and copper), when present in their free, ionic form, can catalytically convert the mildly-dangerous hydrogen peroxide into the vicious hydroxyl radical.

But while copper ions can trigger the Fenton reaction in the artificial conditions of the test tube, it’s a non-issue from a health perspective – because the body just doesn’t contain enough free, ionic copper to be of concern. Test-tube studies showing that ionic copper can accelerate the oxidation of LDL (‘bad’) cholesterol, for instance, have used copper ion concentrations that are literally millions of times as high as are found in the body. In fact, controlled human studies have shown that even at high intakes (up to 7 milligrams a day), copper supplements don’t increase free radical damage in the body, but actually tend to decrease it, probably because of the nutrient’s indispensable role in the body’ antioxidant defenses.

References

Allen GD, Klevay LM. Copper: an antioxidant nutrient for cardiovascular health. Curr Opin Lipidol. 1994 Feb; 5(1): 22-8.

Klevay LM. Lack of a recommended dietary allowance for copper may be hazardous to your health. J Am Coll Nutr. 1998 Aug; 17(4): 322-6.

Read More

Leitzmann MF, Stampfer MJ, Wu K, Colditz GA, Willett WC, Giovannucci EL. Zinc supplement use and risk of prostate cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2003 Jul 2; 95(13): 1004-7.

Lowe NM, Lowe NM, Fraser WD, Jackson MJ. Is there a potential therapeutic value of copper and zinc for osteoporosis? Proc Nutr Soc. 2002 May; 61(2): 181-5.

Sandstead HH. Requirements and toxicity of essential trace elements, illustrated by zinc and copper. Am J Clin Nutr. 1995 Mar; 61(3 Suppl): 621S-624S.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 16th May 2013 at 23:34.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (18th May 2013), enfoldedblue (17th May 2013), fourty-two (16th March 2016), Hazel (18th May 2013), Joseph McAree (17th May 2013), Moz (17th May 2013), seko (18th May 2013), Snookie (17th May 2013)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    Funny enough Dr.Carolyn Dean was talking about copper jewlery for grounding purposes
    and athrites etc.....

So I bought the only one they had at Arogos a couple weeks ago and have worn it ever
    since with an old copper band my mate gave me. I'm going to look for another at some

Thanks a lot! I remembered people wearing those when I was a teenager but I haven't seen them since and I completely forgot about them! I went to amazon and saw cooper rings also, I think I'll give it a try!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cloud9 For This Post:

Cidersomerset (17th May 2013), DeDukshyn (17th May 2013), Joseph McAree (17th May 2013), seko (18th May 2013)

10. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by cloud9 (here)
    Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    and athrites etc.....

Thanks a lot! I remembered people wearing those when I was a teenager but I haven't seen them since and I completely forgot about them! I went to amazon and saw cooper rings also, I think I'll give it a try!
    I just plain love copper jewelry ... not a big fan of gold or even diamonds that much, but good ol' copper, quartz and silver ....

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Cidersomerset (17th May 2013), enfoldedblue (17th May 2013)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,645 times in 18,693 posts

Quote I just plain love copper jewelry ... not a big fan of gold or even diamonds that much, but good ol' copper, quartz and silver ....
    Quote Thanks a lot! I remembered people wearing those when I was a teenager but I haven't seen them since and I completely forgot about them! I went to amazon and saw cooper rings also, I think I'll give it a try!

This might be gold ? but I like the 'Tribal Design'....

I have always liked Torques and Celtic jewelry...

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 17th May 2013 at 05:50.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

enfoldedblue (17th May 2013), Joseph McAree (17th May 2013)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Well then, what would be a colloidal balanced mineral product, that would fit the bill? What would be the best product?

BTW, I disagree with the body's need for calcium to eliminate cramps, my understanding is, that muscle cramps are a magnesium deficiency. Also too much calcium supposedly clogs the arteries. That said -- which product would eliminate mineral deficiencies... I am interested. The last one I tried was years ago and tasted horrible.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to eva08 For This Post:

Gardener (17th May 2013)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,246 posts

My auyervedic doctor said to store water in a copper bowl.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 161803398 For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (18th May 2013), conk (16th March 2016), Hazel (18th May 2013), Lifebringer (18th May 2013), Pam (17th March 2016), seko (18th May 2013), silverchimes (17th May 2013), ThePythonicCow (17th May 2013)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,652 times in 21,533 posts

Quote Posted by eva08 (here)
    Well then, what would be a colloidal balanced mineral product, that would fit the bill? What would be the best product?

BTW, I disagree with the body's need for calcium to eliminate cramps, my understanding is, that muscle cramps are a magnesium deficiency. Also too much calcium supposedly clogs the arteries. That said -- which product would eliminate mineral deficiencies... I am interested. The last one I tried was years ago and tasted horrible.
    The main way that I ensure I get enough, in quantity and variety, of minerals is by adding them to my drinking water. I first remove all the extra stuff that comes for "free" in my municipal supplied water (chlorine, fluoride, chlorine by-products, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, fertilizers, heavy metals, fracking by-products, ...) with a series of various filters, then I add back in:In addition to Willards water, potassium bicarbonate and a good salt, I also include in my drinking water a few drops of "Optimally Organic Fulvic Ionic Minerals Concentrated X350"

I also take a multi-mineral supplement: Swanson Ultra Albion Chelated Multi-Mineral Glycinate. I also take transdermal magnesium now and then (whenever the muscle in an old leg wound starts to twitch, which is the first sign that I'm getting low on magnesium.)

The following article, which I have previously referenced several times on this forum, discusses potassium bicarbonate: Diet, evolution and aging -- The pathophysiologic effects of the post-agricultural inversion of the potassium-to-sodium and base-to-chloride ratios in the human diet, by Frassetto L, Morris RC Jr, Sellmeyer DE, Todd K, Sebastian A. (pdf)
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

DeDukshyn (17th May 2013), enfoldedblue (17th May 2013), Joseph McAree (17th May 2013), RunningDeer (19th January 2019), silverchimes (17th May 2013)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 times in 1,825 posts

I would strongly recommend getting a book on these issues. The net is hard to trust now.

I say that because marketers understand google intimately. When you look up anything on the internet, you'll generally find the marketers opinion (a marketers page will ALWAYS outrank a general info page other than wiki). The wordpress blog that the OP is referencing is solely for marketing. That's not to say the blogger is a bad person - not at all- I'm just saying that if you really want to make a difference in how you feel then start diving into books. There's a million diets out there that affect your body in different ways. A lot of them are based off traditional beliefs of how we need 'complex carbs' and what not (this is criminal, see 'Fat Politics').

I don't mean to step on any toes here but I feel some degree of responsibility to post this.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

conk (16th March 2016), fourty-two (16th March 2016), Joseph McAree (17th May 2013)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 times in 364 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    The main way that I ensure I get enough, in quantity and variety, of minerals is by adding them to my drinking water. I first remove all the extra stuff that comes for "free" in my municipal supplied water (chlorine, fluoride, chlorine by-products, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, fertilizers, heavy metals, fracking by-products, ...) with a series of various filters, then I add back in:In addition to Willards water, potassium bicarbonate and a good salt, I also include in my drinking water a few drops of "Optimally Organic Fulvic Ionic Minerals Concentrated X350"

I also take a multi-mineral supplement: Swanson Ultra Albion Chelated Multi-Mineral Glycinate. I also take transdermal magnesium now and then (whenever the muscle in an old leg wound starts to twitch, which is the first sign that I'm getting low on magnesium.)

The following article, which I have previously referenced several times on this forum, discusses potassium bicarbonate: Diet, evolution and aging -- The pathophysiologic effects of the post-agricultural inversion of the potassium-to-sodium and base-to-chloride ratios in the human diet, by Frassetto L, Morris RC Jr, Sellmeyer DE, Todd K, Sebastian A. (pdf)
    Paul, thanks for sharing this. Would you mind telling us about how much of these you add to your drinking water?
    Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan For This Post:

Joseph McAree (17th May 2013)

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)

Hi all, We need to talk about Zinc in relationship to copper. Too much zinc messes with the way copper works in your body; This is important in addressing issues related with copper deficiency.

Always consider that your body requires a 10:1 ratio of zinc to copper for optimal function. ...Advanced Orthomolecular Research (natural supplement company ...)

here is the excerpt on research behind the ratios of zinc and copper: taken from the research tab on this page (ignore the product - read the research):http://www.aor.ca/products-page/anti.../#research_tab
    Interesting that the formulation is 2mg copper to 15mg zinc
    Quote Zinc (Citrate, Malate, Succinate, Fumarate)
    15 mg
    Copper (Citrate, Malate)
    2 mg
    which appears (to the non-chemist) as 7.5:1 ratio, not 10:1

I'm guessing that when you strictly look at the metallic ions, rather than the metallic compounds, that the metal ion concentrations are actually 10:1?

Dennis

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

DeDukshyn (17th May 2013), Joseph McAree (17th May 2013)

26. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)

Always consider that your body requires a 10:1 ratio of zinc to copper for optimal function. ...Advanced Orthomolecular Research (natural supplement company ...)

Interesting that the formulation is 2mg copper to 15mg zinc
    Quote Zinc (Citrate, Malate, Succinate, Fumarate)
    15 mg
    Copper (Citrate, Malate)
    2 mg
    which appears (to the non-chemist) as 7.5:1 ratio, not 10:1

I'm guessing that when you strictly look at the metallic ions, rather than the metallic compounds, that the metal ion concentrations are actually 10:1?

Dennis

I believe that the assumption is that zinc is much more common in the diet and often in multi's where copper is absent. The issues in the body begin to occur when the serum or tissue levels (not sure which or if both) are heavily weight toward zinc (as indicated in the one research study), the idea is to maintain about a 10:1 ratio in your body or in total dietary intake, not necessarily in a single supplement. That formula is weighted toword copper, which would help bring a proper balance for most peoples dietary intake, closer to a 10:1 ratio in the body.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but about 95%, but I will confirm with the R&D department. If the answer is different I will get a more thorough explanation from them to post here.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 17th May 2013 at 23:32.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (18th May 2013)

28. Link to Post #15
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,652 times in 21,533 posts

Quote Posted by alamojo (here)
    Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    ... then I add back in:
    Paul, thanks for sharing this. Would you mind telling us about how much of these you add to your drinking water?
    To a half gallon (64 ounces) of water I add two or three splashes of Willard water (a splash might be about a tablespoon), a tablespoon of potassium bicarbonate and about five or six twists of salt from my small grinder (perhaps a half teaspoon total).

The rough idea is to get the parts per million (ppm) of total dissolved solids from the zero it has after all the filtering (last stage of which is a distiller) back up to perhaps 200 to 400 ppm. Small meters to measure this are inexpensive and readily available. They really just measure conductivity, in a convenient manner. I'm currently using an HM Digital TDS-3. I don't measure every time ... just occasionally, such as after changing the formula somehow.

I then pour the water into a second container across a several foot drop (stand on tip toe with arm stretched high, and I'm rather tall.) This aerates the water nicely -- lots of bubbles in a foam that lasts several minutes. Then I chill the water in the refrigerator until drinking it.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

eva08 (18th May 2013), RunningDeer (8th June 2014)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Centrum 100% back up replenish.

31. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

bumpity, bump, bump, bump

32. Link to Post #18
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Die zombie thread, DIE!

Copper is not something to play around with... when taking ANY "metals" into your body make sure and do heavy heavy research... Copper toxicity is real and can happen easily.

I work in a building that was completed about 18 months ago, we cannot drink the water in our building because the copper pipes (for some reason) are leeching too much copper into the water, you can slightly taste it from the drinking fountains & we were not warned until someone got sick.

so, make sure and do your own research, a full panel blood test BEFORE taking any drastic measures is a great idea as well.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Constance (16th March 2016), Olaf (16th March 2016), seko (16th March 2016)

34. Link to Post #19
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

It's true copper toxicity can be an issue, but so can deficiency. The jury is currently out, we don't know enough about the mineral to be sure. I have read both sides of the argument and I just don't know. I am leaning towards copper deficiency being widespread, but I wouldn't recommend taking supplements. I agree that taking it slow is a wise approach.

The good news is that a meal of mushrooms, fresh basil leaves, and maybe cashews, will be a relatively high dose of copper. By looking at copper content in food charts, people can eat high or low copper foods, and see how it affects them in a safe, controlled manner.

I also think that minerals in the body do not become properly balanced until we have enough Iodine.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Constance (16th March 2016), fourty-two (16th March 2016), TargeT (16th March 2016)

36. Link to Post #20
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Die zombie thread, DIE!
    LOL

I agree with Daozen..let medicine be thine food and food be thine medicine...And I also agree with TargeT around doing a lot of research around copper before taking supplements.

The reason I bumped this thread was because someone had a conversation with me about having had Pyroluria - a copper and zinc imbalance. When I was a student, I studied Pyroluria but I had never met a real live patient suffering from it until yesterday.
    It has taken this person many years to recover from the mental affects of this imbalance. The whole family suffered from it and it made their life hell for many many years.
    I started doing some research on copper this morning and this thread surfaced!
    Last edited by Constance; 16th March 2016 at 05:47.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Constance For This Post:

TargeT (16th March 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast