+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I got the "Race Card" played on me.

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 times in 1,900 posts

Default I got the "Race Card" played on me.

A few days ago, I got the race card pulled on me. I went outside to water
    my shamanic tobacco. My neighbor Ariel borrowed (without permission )
    my lawn chairs for her BBQ. She has 3 really mean kids lol They started using
    my lawn chairs to practice cart wheels. At this point Meme (Ariel daughter)
    bent one of the lawn chairs legs. I then politely asked the children to bring
    my chairs back and they complied. Later that evening i was going to my car
    and Ariel seen me and came up to me and asked " Jason, I want to ax you
    a question. Do you not like black people or something?" I replied "what are
    you talking about Ariel"??? She then stated "I just thought you didn't like
    black people because we weren't hurting your chairs.' (plenty of attitude)

I calmly replied "Ariel, I have nothing against black people,the reason i told
    the children i wanted the chairs back was? Nobody ask to borrow them and
    your kids were using them for acrobatic stunts. She then replied Oh, ok, I was
    just wondering you know."

I know this is going to sound bad but i hope she moves soon.I just don't
    have the time to properly open Ariels eyes. I wish her well on the journey.
    Last edited by jagman; 28th May 2013 at 01:54.

2. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

CD7 (28th May 2013), daddy fishwick (28th May 2013), donk (28th May 2013), dynamo (28th May 2013), Eram (28th May 2013), EsmaEverheart (28th May 2013), ghostrider (28th May 2013), InCiDeR (28th May 2013), jimmer (28th May 2013), Maknocktomb (28th May 2013), Mercedes (28th May 2013), mosquito (28th May 2013), Nothingness (28th May 2013), Prodigal Son (28th May 2013), Referee (28th May 2013), RMorgan (28th May 2013), shadowstalker (3rd June 2013), spiritguide (28th May 2013), Star Tsar (28th May 2013), Strat (28th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (28th May 2013), TargeT (28th May 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (28th May 2013), The Arthen (28th May 2013), transitionalman (28th May 2013), ulli (28th May 2013), william r sanford72 (28th May 2013), Wind (28th May 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Default Re: I got the "Race Card" played on me.

hey jagman, my work moves me around alot, now I'm working in the government funded hood... there is plenty of attitude and just plain lazy people who expect to get something for nothing, while others work their tails off ... the lady next door to you doesn't even seem to try and be a good neighbor and respect your property ... if you took something from her , she would probably throw a hissy ... it's okay when they do it, not okay when you do it... sad...the system has to change, my tax dollars used to keep people lazy and in a fog, it erks me ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

dynamo (28th May 2013), EsmaEverheart (28th May 2013), InCiDeR (28th May 2013), jagman (28th May 2013), marlowe (28th May 2013), Prodigal Son (28th May 2013), Referee (28th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (28th May 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (28th May 2013), ulli (28th May 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Hey Jagman don't feel bad brother just ask Ariel to get her kids to respect your property.
    I was brought up to ask for something that doesn't belong to me so I'd say its a matter of upbringing but I wouldn't say that to Ariel!
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

dynamo (28th May 2013), EsmaEverheart (28th May 2013), InCiDeR (28th May 2013), jagman (28th May 2013), Nothingness (28th May 2013), Prodigal Son (28th May 2013), Referee (28th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (28th May 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (28th May 2013), ulli (28th May 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Palestinian Territory Avalon Member thunder24's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,159 times in 1,845 posts

OBADIAH 1:21
    The Good things in life

"...where ever you go, there you are..."

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

CD7 (28th May 2013), dynamo (28th May 2013), Fred Steeves (28th May 2013), InCiDeR (28th May 2013), Ivanhoe (28th May 2013), jagman (28th May 2013), Nothingness (28th May 2013), Ol' Roy (29th May 2013), Prodigal Son (28th May 2013), Referee (28th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (28th May 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (28th May 2013), ulli (28th May 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

People will find all kinds of reasons not to accept responsibility for their own actions. I'm sorry this happened to you.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

bodhii71 (28th May 2013), donk (28th May 2013), dynamo (28th May 2013), Eram (28th May 2013), InCiDeR (28th May 2013), jagman (28th May 2013), Nothingness (28th May 2013), Prodigal Son (28th May 2013), Referee (28th May 2013), Star Tsar (28th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (28th May 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (28th May 2013), Wind (28th May 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Sometimes moms make bad judgment calls.
    She was probably relieved that the kids weren't inside destroying her house.

But to sacrifice your property for a few minutes' peace is unacceptable.

I remember my little brother getting into some trouble when he lived in the projects.
    Believe me, white ghettos are no better than what you describe.
    My brother bounced a beach ball off of someone's parked car,
    and a woman told him she was going to "call the police and have them come 'n' shoot him".

He was not even 10 years old.

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

Hiya Jagman... sorry you got an inconsiderate neighbor. But people are going to be people... you know what I mean? It probably would be better to let go of this one.

I don't know where you live, but if you live in a larger city, then maybe this is Existence's way of saying its time to give some thought about moving yourself... there is a shift happening between people that are not getting a clue (want to cling to the old paradigm) & those that want to finish with it...
    just to give you another possible perspective on this.

And besides, you're not going to take them lawn chairs with you when you go, anyways...

turiya
    Last edited by turiya; 28th May 2013 at 04:19.

13. Link to Post #8
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 times in 391 posts

I was going to start a thread about this site but I decided it was too politicaly

incorrect ..
    But here is a relavent article from the site that details "Path crossing"
    http://www.heretical.com/sexsci/supprace.html

& here is the site >> http://www.heretical.com/

It has lots on articles about biology,psychology,revised history,etc...But be warned It is politically incorrect..

There are some people who insist that any talk about race & the differences

between races is "RACISM".....I happen to have A LOT of real world experience
    with different races & I've read A LOT of books about race....
    I hope this post doesn't get me in trouble..I see it as freedom of speech...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marlowe For This Post:

jagman (28th May 2013), Prodigal Son (28th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (28th May 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (28th May 2013)

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,171 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by jagman (here)

have the time to properly open Ariels eyes
    . I wish her well on the journey.
    Who says this is about opening another person's eyes?

This is about defining personal boundaries, and protecting what's yours.
    In Latin America we have our fences and walls, for a good reason,
    and onto the tops of our walls we cement bits of broken beer bottles....

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

InCiDeR (28th May 2013), jagman (28th May 2013), marlowe (28th May 2013), Prodigal Son (28th May 2013), RMorgan (28th May 2013), Strat (28th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (28th May 2013), TargeT (28th May 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (28th May 2013)

17. Link to Post #10
    New Zealand Avalon Member daddy fishwick's Avatar
    Thanks

Shamanic tobacco!!!! You crack me up mate!

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to daddy fishwick For This Post:

InCiDeR (28th May 2013), jagman (28th May 2013), Ol' Roy (29th May 2013), Prodigal Son (28th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (28th May 2013), Trail (28th May 2013), william r sanford72 (28th May 2013)

19. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 times in 687 posts

Race card has been used against me numerous times. It's generally by the lazy people who seek to evade responsibility for their (in)action on the job.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lost Soul For This Post:

InCiDeR (28th May 2013), jagman (28th May 2013), Prodigal Son (28th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (28th May 2013)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

It's trauma. All the years of unaddressed racism, and suspicion. She'll come around when you explain, I took them back so you wouldn't have to pay for my property being broken.

That usually opens the eyes wider. Sometimes they raise our children like they see on tv, where they be break dancing in the isles when they can't have something. Black Mothers have a "look" for that in the store that stops em dead in their tracks. This woman isn't telling them about the destruction of "private property" of others that she would have to pay for, and therefore those "timberlands" won't be under the Xmas tree. LOL
    Look seriously, a lot of unaddressed injustices have been done to a very wounded and neglected people, that some would have living under bridges hungry and living off the land.
    This jagman is true, and the vitriole the last 12 years openly telling them that as Michael J Jackson said: "They don't really care about us."
    It's anger jagman at the circumstances of always having no justice. It doesn't give peace to the soul to move on, but dredges the memories of injustices. Now when this happens, a "real Amurkin" would have spinning heads over, but we just have to keep sucking it up, until we vomit out some ignorance or miscommunicative observance. Its a whole different life as a AA or minority. Have patience and try and delve into what happened since reconstruction, put yourself in their soul's body/imagine yourself in the circumstances. Maybe it's a mission. Some of us backward too. It happens.
    Its almost like when white cross the street because a black person is on the same side and they don't want to associate. WE see it, we know it, and it's time for ALL to work on our wounds or fears.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

InCiDeR (28th May 2013), jagman (28th May 2013), Mark (28th May 2013), Prodigal Son (28th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (28th May 2013)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Look ghost, your NOT helping in this. The "its okay when they do it, not okay when you do it" IS THE SAME WAY THE JUSTICE SYSTEM TREATS MINORITIES BECAUSE THEY CAN'T AFFORD PROPER COUNCIL. Millions of US are in jail due to financial aspects of JUST US.

I don't want to go in that bag, ghost, but you're pushing buttons using only the five senses, and your not putting yourself in any minorities place to find the actual reason for the inner heat or dislike you have for people who are hired last and fired first. Regardless of how they work.

There is just so much **** that's been shoveled for the last 400 years, that may never be resolved, but using anger in your judgment is ALWAYS the worst way to resolve issues.
    I TAKE OFFENCE. WE ALL HAVE LOOLABELLES in our race. Manson, Madoff and a few others come to mind about taking others possessions and killing to set a race up. Government used to do the same thing.

Bottom line is It's poor home training. Plain and simple. She must believe the "fairy tale America is telling the world about tolerance here. I can vouch that there are some, 17% that can and will make your life a living hell if they have the position to do so and don't like you. Just listen to Fox and say all that chit is NORMAL. What do you expect when Bush polluted the country with drugs and sold them in our neighborhoods from 1970's til current. Some of them had to raise themselves, and I've heard there are some in your side of the rainbow that have the same issues. I'm sure all the columbine candidates were once "really mean kids" that people ignored. By jagman telling her the reason honestly, she felt like a fool for bringing that up. She'll chill, but be patient, she really isn't angry at you, but if her children will be facing this in the neighborhood. Its changing slowly, as you can see by the tea baggers holding stuff up that possibly could give people a good feeling for a future, and not one of lack, hatred and injustice or equal rights under the laws of the constitution that some tout.

WAKE UP! Fully this time.
    Last edited by Lifebringer; 28th May 2013 at 11:31.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Mark (28th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (28th May 2013)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,845 times in 876 posts

I don't think this is a necessarily a race issue. This stuff goes on between neighbors of the same color.

Years ago I read lots of early social psychology including "The True Believer" by Eric Hoffer and "the Ugly American" by Eugene Burdick and William Lederer. I was fascinated by how cultures differ in their perceptions of actions.

Nevertheless, I still find it hard to say things in a kind way when people say things that put them in my "jerk" file. This happens even in my family where we grow up in the same environment. It happens in the grocery store where I seem to add "jerks" to my file of thoughtless people who park their carts in the middle of the aisle as they compare products. They are oblivious; they are blocking other people's access to getting by them and don't get it. I don't know if it is because they are low IQ, have poor side vision, are totally self absorbed; have a poor sense of boundaries or what. What it tells me is that I need to lighten up when I want to drop kick them and scream, "Wake up, you idiot."

When I can remember that, I find I can switch gears internally and the incident goes more smoothly. That is the lesson for me and I think you need to figure out what the incident is telling you about your reactions.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grannyfranny100 For This Post:

Holly Lindin (4th June 2013), InCiDeR (28th May 2013), jagman (28th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (28th May 2013)

27. Link to Post #15
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,618 times in 504 posts

Quote Posted by jagman (here)
    A few days ago, I got the race card pulled on me. I went outside to water
    my shamanic tobacco. My neighbor Ariel borrowed (without permission )
    my lawn chairs for her BBQ. She has 3 really mean kids lol They started using
    my lawn chairs to practice cart wheels. At this point Meme (Ariel daughter)
    bent one of the lawn chairs legs. I then politely asked the children to bring
    my chairs back and they complied. Later that evening i was going to my car
    and Ariel seen me and came up to me and asked " Jason, I want to ax you
    a question. Do you not like black people or something?" I replied "what are
    you talking about Ariel"??? She then stated "I just thought you didn't like
    black people because we weren't hurting your chairs.' (plenty of attitude)

I calmly replied "Ariel, I have nothing against black people,the reason i told
    the children i wanted the chairs back was? Nobody ask to borrow them and
    your kids were using them for acrobatic stunts. She then replied Oh, ok, I was
    just wondering you know."

have the time to properly open Ariels eyes. I wish her well on the journey.

You handled it well.
    There will come a day when we know our true history.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrianEn For This Post:

InCiDeR (28th May 2013), jagman (28th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (28th May 2013), Swanette (28th May 2013)

29. Link to Post #16
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 times in 352 posts

The race card , jesus , thats just as bad as the religious folk using the god card for things they cant explain .
    The reason people in general wont accept Immigrants in their neighbourhouds is because they are lazy for the most part , including African america/Canadian most think becasue they were slaves 500 years ago that they we owe them a world of entitlement programs , Look 30-40 years ago , we had the working poor in North america , yes they were poor Immigrants and African Americans and Native American/Canadians , but they kept busy and worked and had morals and raised their kids to very high standards , then the drug epidemics hit the big cities in north america in the late 60's to late eighties (crack ,heroine). It turned the poor good working class , into a Nightmare,welfare entitlement ghetto style , drug infested neighbourhoods , crime waves of epic proportions . It dumbed down the poor into a DEPENDANT WELFARE CLASS .

I dont mean to sound like an a$$hole but this is reality in North American cities , and its strating to have severe consequences for everyone . I do not blame the poor people at all, at all , it was engineered this way , but something needs to be done .
    Government is running deficit after deficit . Im working class Father with four kids working at 33$/hr with a house , Combined deductions off my pay is 47% . not to mention property taxes , car plates etc etc , the system is going to fall very soon
    a population that is taxed this way combined with a government that is broke and running HUGE deficits , we are in serious f****** trouble here folks ,,,,,,,, now im just ranting so ill stop lol
    So the

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eric charles For This Post:

InCiDeR (28th May 2013), jagman (28th May 2013), Mark (28th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (28th May 2013), ulli (30th May 2013)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

I think it's simple jag, with very little time involved, simply ask: is it a black thing to take without asking, then abuse someone else's stuff? Yes?? I'm racist then. Tell your kids to stay away from my white devil ass

Who cares if an ignorant person thinks you're racist?

32. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

By the way: typing "ax" for "ask" makes you sound racist

¤=[Post Update]=¤

....I'm joking my friend, love you bro

33. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member ginnyk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by donk (here)
    By the way: typing "ax" for "ask" makes you sound racist

¤=[Post Update]=¤

....I'm joking my friend, love you bro
    Just wondering . . . what do we call it when Jeff Foxworthy does his "You might be a redneck" routine? My goodness, those of us from the south U.S. have heard comments about the way we talk for as many years as I can remember, and we just laugh about it.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ginnyk For This Post:

jagman (28th May 2013), Ol' Roy (29th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (28th May 2013), ulli (30th May 2013)

35. Link to Post #20
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I probably would've started laughing, just like any other time someone asks me something silly. Even if they are serious they will lighten up after relating with someone who loves life.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GrnEggsNHam For This Post:

jagman (28th May 2013), Prodigal Son (28th May 2013), Sunny-side-up (28th May 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast