+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Train Derailment Baltimore Co MD Explosion

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Referee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,982 times in 1,576 posts

Default Train Derailment Baltimore Co MD Explosion

"A nation which has forgotten the quality of courage which in the past has been brought to public life is not as likely to insist upon or regard that quality in its chosen leaders today - and in fact we have forgotten. "John F. Kennedy

Peace, Love and Consiousness
    Referee

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Referee For This Post:

4evrneo (28th May 2013), Conchis (28th May 2013), gigha (28th May 2013), Kimberley (28th May 2013), Lifebringer (28th May 2013), naste.de.lumina (29th May 2013), RunningDeer (28th May 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Train Derailment Baltimore Co MD Explosion

Video of the explosion slowed down. I am wondering what was in the train or truck?

"A nation which has forgotten the quality of courage which in the past has been brought to public life is not as likely to insist upon or regard that quality in its chosen leaders today - and in fact we have forgotten. "John F. Kennedy

Referee

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Referee For This Post:

Fred Steeves (29th May 2013), gigha (28th May 2013), naste.de.lumina (29th May 2013), RunningDeer (28th May 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Beginning at 1:25.....watch close. See the ORB flitting around?????WTF is that? I remember seeing similar "craft" type orbs in some of the WTC footage. What IS the orb. Pretty sure its not a bird. EDIT ---Never mind, its a spot on the windshield. My Bad. : /

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Someone needs to download this vid before it disappears from YT.
    Last edited by Sidney; 30th May 2013 at 02:35.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Fred Steeves (29th May 2013), ghostrider (29th May 2013), naste.de.lumina (29th May 2013), Referee (28th May 2013), RunningDeer (28th May 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

This came to mind from two days ago.

"London Bridge Is Falling Down"

Published on May 26, 2013

Justine Case - http://so.ee/vHj
    Chrissy Sumer - http://so.ee/xOe
    Police State radio - http://so.ee/HWOP
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 29th May 2013 at 15:33.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Earth Angel (28th May 2013), ghostrider (29th May 2013), InCiDeR (29th May 2013), naste.de.lumina (29th May 2013), Referee (29th May 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,159 times in 1,454 posts

thanks Paula, I was just going to say this is how many train derailments accidents now? this is interesting....just started watching....so far very interesting.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (29th May 2013), Referee (29th May 2013), RunningDeer (28th May 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,644 times in 21,530 posts

Here's the Baltimore Sun report: Train derails in Rosedale area:
    A CSX freight train derailed Tuesday afternoon in the Rosedale area, damaging nearby buildings, shutting down U.S. Route 40 and causing a loud explosion that could be felt several miles away.

Authorities in Baltimore County said the train struck a commercial truck near the 7500 block of Lake Drive, veering off the tracks near an industrial park. Initial reports were that no one was hurt, but County Executive Kevin Kamenetz later said the driver of the trailer was extricated and taken to Maryland Shock Trauma center in serious but stable condition.

The National Transportation Safety Board announced at around 4 p.m. that it was sending a "go-team" that includes rail and hazmat investigators.

Baltimore County spokeswoman Elise Armacost said the train was carrying unknown chemicals but said the smoke did not include toxic inhalants. Still, a 20-block area around the accident was evacuated.

"The evacuation would be much more significant if there were toxic chemicals," said Baltimore County Fire Chief John J. Hohman. He said he expected the fire to burn into the night, and firefighters were huddling with CSX officials about how best to attack the blaze.

A voluntary evacuation was in place for residents of 62nd, 63rd and 64th streets west of the crash site. The Rosedale Volunteer Fire Company was open as a shelter.

Only two people were aboard the train, and they were uninjured, Armacost said.

MTA spokesman Terry Owens said the agency did not expect any disruption of service on the Penn Line between Baltimore and Perryville, which operates on Amtrak’s Northeast Corridor. Minor delays were possible on the CSX-owned Camden Line between Washington and Baltimore’s Camden Station, as CSX shuffles previously scheduled freight trains.

U.S. 40 was closed westbound at Rosedale Road, and closed eastbound at 64th Street. The State Highway Administration also said the I-95, I-895 and I-695 ramps to Route 40 were closed.

The train did not appear to have made contact with the buildings, aerial images from television news showed. The train cars were flipped, with thick black smoke continuing to billow as a fire burned.

Eric Beverly, 22, said he was driving through the area when he saw the smoke and drove closer, recording video. Suddenly an explosion occurred, and Beverly said he could feel intense heat from inside his vehicle.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

InCiDeR (29th May 2013), naste.de.lumina (29th May 2013), Referee (29th May 2013), RunningDeer (29th May 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Amazing Info....

Quote Posted by Paula (here)
    This came to mind from two days ago.

"London Bridge Is Falling Down"

Published on May 26, 2013

Justine Case - http://so.ee/vHj
    Chrissy Sumer - http://so.ee/xOe
    Police State radio - http://so.ee/HWOP

Referee

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Referee For This Post:

ghostrider (29th May 2013), naste.de.lumina (29th May 2013), RunningDeer (29th May 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

trains have been pretty safe until this year, seems like once a week or so there is another train collision or explosion , guess their done with school shootings ...too many awake minds , and cellphones with video ... funny sometimes they post a donate page on facebook before the event even happens ... lol
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (29th May 2013), Referee (29th May 2013), RunningDeer (29th May 2013)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wantsthetruth74 (here)
    Beginning at 1:25.....watch close. See the ORB flitting around?????WTF is that? I remember seeing similar "craft" type orbs in some of the WTC footage. What IS the orb. Pretty sure its not a bird.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

thats a reflection in the windshield. look closely...

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrchunkytown For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (29th May 2013), RunningDeer (29th May 2013)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Quote Posted by mrchunkytown (here)
    Beginning at 1:25.....watch close. See the ORB flitting around?????WTF is that? I remember seeing similar "craft" type orbs in some of the WTC footage. What IS the orb. Pretty sure its not a bird.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Good eye. Thanks, I think I will edit my post. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!![COLOR="red"]

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (29th May 2013), RunningDeer (29th May 2013)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

i live about a mile or two from where the incident happened. our whole house shook and the windows seemed like they were gonna shatter. damn near the entire neighborhood was standing outside after like wtf was that. it was a pretty big concussion blast, we all felt it. some friends about 10 miles away in another town felt it too.. i turned on the live ems/fire scanner audio feed and found out what happened.. from what they said on the feed it was a dumptruck and a commercial trailer had some collision causing the train derailment.. not long afterward we drove to the area and pulaski(40) was already blocked off so we went to a side street and got out the car and hiked down to the train tracks.. i walked down the tracks and got about 8 or 9 cars down from the back of the train and saw the downed cars and where the smoke was and all that.. there were police and utility workers preventing people from getting too close and threatening with arrest anyone who tested the limits.. another utility worker was walking away from the area and he told me that the car on fire contained smoke grenades or the chemical used in smoke grenades. he also told me that theyre widening the barrier because there were 2 more tankers with the possibility of exploding, and that one of them contained chlorine gas.. so while i was down there i was praying that the other tanker wouldn't explode.
    the media downplayed the whole thing, and i noticed that some news only mentioned the dumptruck and some only mentioned the trailer but none mentioned both, and they were all saying there werent any toxic chemicals involved and nothing to worry about etc etc.. the whole thing is just kinda weird..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to inzer0 For This Post:

bennycog (29th May 2013), Earth Angel (29th May 2013), ghostrider (29th May 2013), noprophet (29th May 2013), Referee (29th May 2013), RunningDeer (29th May 2013), ThePythonicCow (29th May 2013)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,781 times in 2,666 posts

Quote Shae Mc The chemicals that burned were flourocyclic acid (fluoride in drinking water) and terephaelic acid (polyester precursor used for clothing and plastic bottles)
    from a facebook comments page via Michael Janitch (Dutchsinse)....

also
    http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/05...ils-89350.html
    Last edited by avid; 29th May 2013 at 09:01.
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Referee (29th May 2013), RunningDeer (29th May 2013)

25. Link to Post #13
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    trains have been pretty safe until this year,
    And cruise ships. Haven't noticed one blowing up yet, but...

26. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fred Steeves (here)
    Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    trains have been pretty safe until this year,
    And cruise ships. Haven't noticed one blowing up yet, but...
    Fire on Monday:

Royal Caribbean said in a series of tweets that the cruise line has arranged for all 2,224 guests to fly from the Bahamas back to Baltimore on Tuesday.

BALTIMORE — "For the second time this year, a fire at sea has aborted a cruise ship. This time, aboard Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas and the ship's 2,200 passengers were expected back in Baltimore on Tuesday after being flown on charter flights from the Bahamas.

The fire that began at 2:50 a.m. Monday was extinguished about two hours later with no injuries reported. A cause wasn't immediately known but the U.S. Coast Guard and the National Transportation Safety Board planned to investigate...."

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Fred Steeves (29th May 2013), ghostrider (29th May 2013), Referee (29th May 2013)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,159 times in 1,454 posts

perhaps the aim here is to make us all totally afraid of any form of travel....cruise ships, planes or trains......easier to keep us under control when we are all safely tucked up at home ?

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

Fred Steeves (29th May 2013), ghostrider (29th May 2013), RunningDeer (29th May 2013), selinam (29th May 2013)

30. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Earth Angel (here)
    perhaps the aim here is to make us all totally afraid of any form of travel....cruise ships, planes or trains......easier to keep us under control when we are all safely tucked up at home ?
    That crossed my mind when I posted this last one about the fire. Up to that point I thought different cruise companies were reporting people over-board to bolster their own company's records. Now different cruise companies have outbreaks of flu-like symptoms, over-boards, etc. That may be an unfair comment from me because I don't know how many successful vacations come and go. Time will tell if there's an uptick in reporting bombs and/or fires.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 29th May 2013 at 19:46.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Fred Steeves (29th May 2013), ghostrider (29th May 2013)

32. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mrchunkytown (here)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Good eye. Thanks, I think I will edit my post. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!![COLOR="red"]
    thanks no problem

+ Reply to Thread