+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canadian's angry response to a senator's comment

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Default Canadian's angry response to a senator's comment

You would think that most politicians would realize that everything they're doing and saying is being watched by their constituents. Here's a letter in response to what one of the Canadian senators said. I cheer this woman on!

Quote Someone in Canada is Awake—Check Out this Flaming Response to a Senator’s Remarks
    by 2012thebigpicture
    Attachment 21573
    Oh-ho! I'm happy pass it on... this post from One People Canada.

Go Patty!!!

(contrary to what many Americans believe, Canada does not have a "free" health care system. Those who work pay into it all their lives, as well as Employment Insurance and retirement /pension funds-CPP.

Actually, Canadians pay far more taxes than Americans. When we left Canada, my other half was paying 43% of his income in taxes.)
    May 28
    One People Canada Facebook Page
    I don't think pissed really covers it!!!!Jeff Smith, the Senator from Québec calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security " to a Milk Cow with over a million teats.

Here's a response in a letter from PATTY JOHNSTONE in Ontario ... I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is! Oh sooo true!

"Hey Jeff, let's get a few things straight!!!!!

1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FIFTY YEARS.

2. I have been paying CPP & OHIP for 48 YEARS (since I
    was 15 years old. I am now 63).

3. My Canada Pension payments, and those of millions of other Canadians, were safely tucked away in an interest-bearing account for
    decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero losers in return for votes, thus
    bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.

4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and "your ilk" pulled the proverbial football away from millions of Canadian seniors
    nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age, 67. NOW, you and your "shill commission" are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.

5. I, and millions of other Canadians, have been paying into OHIP & CPP from Day One, and now "you morons" propose to change the rules
    of the game. Why? Because "you idiots" mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from
    OHIP & CCP to pay the bills.

6. I, and millions of other Canadians, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again.
    Why? Because you "incompetent bastards" spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the Canadian taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.

To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bull****" to your incompetence. Well, Captain Bull****, I have a few questions for YOU:

1. How much money have you earned from the Canadian taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?

2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the
    Canadian taxpayers?

3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?

4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual,
    have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?

It is you, Captain Bull****, and your political co-conspirators called Parliament who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcase
    thieves who have bankrupted the Canadian Pension, OHIP and stolen the Canadian dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.

And for what? Votes and your job and retirement security at our expense, you lunk-headed, leech.

That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted our benefits for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic, political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.

And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bitch. NO, I didn't stutter.

P.S. And stop calling CPP & OHIP "entitlements". WHAT AN INSULT!!!!

I have been paying in to the CPP system for 45 years "It's my money"-give it back to me the way the system was designed and stop patting yourself on the back like you are being generous by doling out these monthly check s."

EVERYONE!!!

If you like the way things are in Canada delete this.

If you agree with what an Ontario citizen, says, please PASS IT ON!!!!
    Now I'd love to hear what that senator had to say for himself....
    What a jerk!

2. The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

CdnSirian (5th June 2013), conk (30th May 2013), crosby (31st May 2013), Daphne (27th July 2014), DeDukshyn (30th May 2013), DouglasDanger (30th May 2013), Earth Angel (30th May 2013), Ellisa (30th May 2013), eric charles (30th May 2013), Eva2 (30th May 2013), fourty-two (27th July 2014), frozen alchemy (31st May 2013), GCS1103 (31st May 2013), ghostrider (30th May 2013), gigha (30th May 2013), Griff (30th May 2013), Herbert (7th June 2013), Holly Lindin (4th June 2013), InCiDeR (30th May 2013), Jackson (28th July 2014), jbins (4th June 2013), Ki's (31st May 2013), Kristin (4th June 2013), lakewatcher (31st May 2013), Mercedes (30th May 2013), mosquito (7th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (31st May 2013), NewFounderHome (31st May 2013), Ol' Roy (30th May 2013), pixiestix (30th May 2013), RunningDeer (4th June 2013), sandy (30th May 2013), selinam (30th May 2013), Sidney (6th June 2013), soleil (4th June 2013), Swanette (30th May 2013), TargeT (30th May 2013), toothpick (31st May 2013), Twinsel (31st May 2013), ulli (31st May 2013), Zelig (30th May 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 times in 352 posts

Default Re: Canadian's angry response to a senator's comment

Everyone in Canada is starting to get pissed off , I havent filed a Tax return in over 4 years . I told them to go F*ck themselves , when they sent me a letter 2 years ago . I have not been bothered yet !

Like how much can they possibly tax me more FFS Almost 50% of my paycheck just disapears into Government coffers , all the while these politicians are getting caught left and right stealing from thr trough , ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to eric charles For This Post:

conk (31st May 2013), crosby (31st May 2013), DouglasDanger (30th May 2013), frozen alchemy (31st May 2013), Holly Lindin (4th June 2013), Maia Gabrial (30th May 2013), Mercedes (30th May 2013), seko (6th June 2013), ulli (31st May 2013), we-R-one (31st May 2013), Zelig (30th May 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

I totally agree............Go Patty Go!!
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

crosby (31st May 2013), DouglasDanger (30th May 2013), eric charles (30th May 2013), Maia Gabrial (30th May 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Likely response: Thank you for your thoughts. I'll keep them in mind. Thank you.

Great letter though! I usually get a form letter from my Congresscritters and after reading it I always wonder if they even read the letter I sent.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

crosby (31st May 2013), DeDukshyn (30th May 2013), Maia Gabrial (30th May 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

I know what you mean, conk. I wrote to my congressman last year, complaining about something and his response totally disregarded my complaint. He's been in office too long. Why he keeps getting re-elected is a mystery to me....

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

crosby (31st May 2013), DeDukshyn (30th May 2013), eric charles (30th May 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

These politicians truly are out of touch with the plight of the average citizen. All government must go! No one has the right to force their opinions on another. Governments in our minds is supposed to provide for the common good, not line the pockets of their wealthy friends and bilk the average man out of the little he has. But if you look at the history of government it is clear that it was created by the elite to protect and multiply the assets of the elite. It has always been so. And it is very effective at its true purpose.

There are so many examples I'd like to cite but I'll just leave it be. I'm no longer surprised when another citizen rises up out of their stupor long enough to see the true state of things. I have never been fooled, not since I was ten. It has been fascinating to watch the slow errosion of our way of life just in that short time frame since, a scant forty years. The change has been drastic and yet most still follow along with the program, oblivious to the slow and insiduous errosion of their civil rights. The insults to common decency that have been perpetrated in our names is glossed over with often racist and almost exclusively ignorant remarks and excuses.

Great letter, good points, excellent name-calling!
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

conk (31st May 2013), crosby (31st May 2013), DeDukshyn (30th May 2013), Earth Angel (30th May 2013), Holly Lindin (4th June 2013), Maia Gabrial (30th May 2013), seko (6th June 2013), selinam (30th May 2013), soleil (4th June 2013), ulli (31st May 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 times in 309 posts

The little lady did write a good scoulding letter but there was nothing in it to improve the situation, it was more finger pointing about who's done what. This same woman probably cellibrated the royal wedding blissfully unaware that the honeymoon would be put on our tax dollar shoulders. Canada is so screwed up, yet it is portrayed as a rosey warm place to live.
    When living in a country with free thought, you'll find many do not feel the need to think.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DouglasDanger For This Post:

eric charles (30th May 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

It is no rosie palce to live at all , Especially here in Communist Quebec , where governent is even trying to eradicate Englsih from being spoken on the streets !

16. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by DouglasDanger (here)
    The little lady did write a good scoulding letter but there was nothing in it to improve the situation, it was more finger pointing about who's done what. This same woman probably cellibrated the royal wedding blissfully unaware that the honeymoon would be put on our tax dollar shoulders. Canada is so screwed up, yet it is portrayed as a rosey warm place to live.
    I disagree.

Pointing out that it is our "leaders" failing us, stealing from us, letting us down, as opposed to the way they point their fingers at us saying we are the problem, and for that to be so true is enough to set a small flame under many peoples behind. The main problem is many of us still trust our criminal leaders, when its proven they are criminal, but they just haven't found this out yet. This letter paints a fairly honest picture of the situation. A slab of honesty to replace some over-complacence is good.

BTW senators are appointed by the PM and GG -- no one votes for them. That's a crime in itself in my opinion ... few people even know this.

I'll be sharing this
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 30th May 2013 at 23:32.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

crosby (31st May 2013), Holly Lindin (4th June 2013), lakewatcher (31st May 2013), Maia Gabrial (31st May 2013)

18. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by eric charles (here)
    It is no rosie palce to live at all , Especially here in Communist Quebec , where governent is even trying to eradicate Englsih from being spoken on the streets !
    Hi eric, Well I might point out then the eradication language story has been poushed both sides. Not more one then the other and at the end of the day we are all being stolen from. The language story is just a way to of projecting a smoke screen will in the back they do the deals. Look at the right hand will the leaf hand is taking you wallet.

Don't get fouled with the language thing!

Have a good one.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NewFounderHome For This Post:

soleil (4th June 2013)

20. Link to Post #11
    Australia Avalon Member MadMax1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quite often these politicions do not read the letters they employ people to read this sort of mail and write responses to them, so it's very possible they did not even see the letters you sent.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MadMax1 For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (31st May 2013)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by NewFounderHome (here)
    Hi eric, Well I might point out then the eradication language story has been poushed both sides. Not more one then the other and at the end of the day we are all being stolen from. The language story is just a way to of projecting a smoke screen will in the back they do the deals. Look at the right hand will the leaf hand is taking you wallet.

Don't get fouled with the language thing!

Have a good one.

WHAAAT , Im not fouled with anything my friend . It is my guaranteed right . Guranteed by the Charter of Rights of Canada , that allows me to have services in French and English , and allows me to speak it with anyone whom I may choose

the language problem is just one of the many , but what pissing me off is they are taking my right AWAY

WAKE the F*ck up Dude . Its not all smoke and mirrors , its a plain in your face F*** you here in Quebec by our government .

23. The Following User Says Thank You to eric charles For This Post:

soleil (4th June 2013)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

My family and most of my friends moved out of Quebec in the late seventies, like almost all good English speaking people did. When I left, Beaconsfield, a suburb of Montreal was almost exclusively English. A decade later, I went back for a visit. Beaconsfield is now French. Every store, every clerk, every sign is in French (we used to have bilingual signs). And government departments are now called battements, whatever that means.

But the people are the same as ever. We could learn a thing or two from the Qubecers' "laissee faire" attitude. Great partiers, mostly Liberal-minded and far less inhibited in sexual matters.

The French in Quebec had a valid fear of being assimilated by the English all around them. Their businesses were run by the English, their government too. Most of the money was in the pockets of the English. In Montreal the east side (where most of the French live) was almost a getto. But after the great exodus, when the English left, the PQ (quebecers' separatist party) encouraged the French to move into the west end and take over the English speaking neighborhoods, which they did.

Quebec is a great place to party but I would not want to live there.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Carmody (4th June 2013), eric charles (4th June 2013), seko (6th June 2013), soleil (4th June 2013), ulli (1st June 2013)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 times in 774 posts

i get taxed 42-45% and i always end up owing more at tax time. i'd like that explained to me as well. WTF
    unite, alright
    you know one thing about music? when it hits, you feel no pain!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to soleil For This Post:

eric charles (4th June 2013)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by teradactyl (here)
    i get taxed 42-45% and i always end up owing more at tax time. i'd like that explained to me as well. WTF
    Ill explain it quite simple , We are in Debt , we cannot repay the Debt without increasing the income tax on middle class families . Debt that has been accumulated since the Trudeau days(60's-80's) of non stop spending crazy insane on the Welfare State . He created a WHOLE ARRAY of ENTITLEMENT programs for the Corporate and the Poor , that is coming home to roost !

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 times in 774 posts

Ill explain it quite simple , We are in Debt , we cannot repay the Debt without increasing the income tax on middle class families . Debt that has been accumulated since the Trudeau days(60's-80's) of non stop spending crazy insane on the Welfare State . He created a WHOLE ARRAY of ENTITLEMENT programs for the Corporate and the Poor , that is coming home to roost !
    its sad i know, i was kind of being rhetorical. i wish i could keep my paycheques, sheesh
    unite, alright
    you know one thing about music? when it hits, you feel no pain!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to soleil For This Post:

eric charles (4th June 2013)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

The Canadian dollar used to be backed by ..Canada.

Prime minister Mulroney and his connections took Canada off of making and printing it's own money. Canada was shanghaied like the Americans were with the creation of the Federal Reserve Act in the USA.

Canada now borrows money instead of printing it and backing it. Canada pays interest on every dollar created in Canada and is now in ever increasing and perpetual debt slavery that is IMPOSSIBLE to break way from, UNTIL it prints it''s own money -again.

In this way Canada, like the USA, backs the money and someone else prints as much of it as they want. Mulroney sold Canada into slavery, to the international banks. Always remember that Mulroney was put there, by controlling interests. The interests of those who back and control the USA.

Same as Stephen Harper. Same crew is underwriting him and put him where he is today.

The Oil/CIA/Fed reserve/Black ops/Nazi/Fascist/Alberta faction.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

DeDukshyn (8th June 2013), Ernie Nemeth (4th June 2013), Herbert (7th June 2013), Holly Lindin (4th June 2013), JRS (4th June 2013), seko (6th June 2013), soleil (4th June 2013), ThePythonicCow (4th June 2013)

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

In fact, the corporate welfare state you speak of was encouraged by the Canadian Central Banking System. Debt is wealth, according to them. The more debt, the more wealth. That's how the entire world has spiralled into this financial debacle. It is not any government, it is the strong-armed tatics of the central banks. wanna borrow money on the SEC? - then you gotta run up your deficit spending...

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Carmody (5th June 2013), Holly Lindin (4th June 2013), soleil (4th June 2013)

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Last I checked , its not just a central banker screwing me , It's everyone from our City halls , Regional , provincial and Federal Governments , , also many Corporate entities . Its not all Central Banking at fault here , for inflation yes and the money system , What is the main problem is Peoples attitudes , willing to sacrifice kids and the well being of people for profits and their personal agendas !

36. The Following User Says Thank You to eric charles For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (4th June 2013)

37. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Did not see Carmody's post while posting the above.

Eric Charles:
    Quote What is the main problem is Peoples attitudes , willing to sacrifice kids and the well being of people for profits and their personal agendas !
    In my veiw that is the attutude encouraged by capitalistic avarice, a natural offshoot of fractional reserve lending and this debt-based system...
    Buy more, consume more, don't wait, get it now with no money down...conditions apply, on approved credit

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

DeDukshyn (8th June 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast