+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5

Thread: Turkey arrests anti-government protesters

1. Link to Post #81
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

Default Re: Turkey arrests anti-government protesters

I hold my self for long time not to involve this subject. Now I feel I have to do.

Recent Government of Turkey is a religious party. It founded 12 years ago with the help of CIA handler Fetullah Gulen (He is still lives in Philadelphia with USA protection and private army.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fethullah_G%C3%BClen

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/don...&NewsCatID=341

Before this government there was a shadow government (Deep state). For them doesn't matter which party comes to government by majority's vote, deep state interfere the rulings. They Socially engineered the mass by Media, thread and conspiracy. They were off springs of NATO's gladio. Recent government tried to clean these dinosaurs and suppressed them and also had gained their lesson from them.

Now power changed the hand to the other team but game is same. Dis-inform the mass and scare them with old tactics for sake of the power.
    Turkey is a very important country even though is not mentioned by both sides.
    Think about Vatican . Which country can declare the war to Catholic world center?
    If Turkey wants to become center of the Islamic world it has all necessary tools in his possession(holy artifacts and deposit of profit Mohammed) It is very dangerous water of sailing. No one wants to give such power to the such big and developing country.
    These demonstrations are not only for a park. People from different cities are protesting government for using unnecessary police force.
    But now game's rules are changing and this is very dangerous for that part of geography.

This is from today's article

I saw evil!

Travel violent suppression of demonstrations spread across Turkey tried to Taksim Park, the fourth day, exactly on June 2 "important" dropped e-mail in my mailbox a message is provided.

I did not know a reader, Assad Hezbollah militants who fought against Turkey, " Back Home " is doing and is distributed to cities, as claimed. Unsupported concrete evidence for this assertion, stating that share a social media reader, remove the Hezbollah militants out of hand, and the suppression of demonstrations in order to make way for the assumption that the use was expressed.
    It's Word so that the probability that was very horable who exactly is wrong and how reliable anonymous the reader the "intelligence" reputation information I did not.
    Then on June 9, Ismet Pasha Gazi neighborhood of Istanbul Street demonstrators who had gathered on the third day of events at the time of the hard, the camera records the police command appeared in English.

Turkish police record, apparently do not speak Turkish, but Turkish police pepper spray on the demonstrators, who is disguised as a group of Turkish accent: "Hey guys, move back, move back!" he addressed to, and even one of the same group, "Yalla!" he effort brought clearly heard! (See http://www.izlesene.com/video/gazi-m...e-etti/6972492 )
    probability of well-intentioned people first come to mind, bad faith can not.
    Believe me, I got on June 2 message, I have not been interested before in these images taken on June 9, was unable to. However, after watching several times in the records, Hezbollah or not, the order did not speak Turkish to English of "security" elements, With "Yalla!" his encouragement , bringing to mind are of Arab origin. Under such circumstances, it was not difficult to infer from Syria came or were brought.
    Moreover, why such a relationship as one of the geopolitical espionage novels just have not been able to, so why not see the fact that the first time?

Because I didn't want to believe it
    AKP government, even if it is a national government, its own citizens, its own people on the foreign and the possibility of a false police is not normal . I said to myself this is just too much. I do not do it.
    then I thought. 11-year process of the AKP government, what happened, this is not that there has not been what?
    Libya, Gaddafi overthrew exceed five thousand Arab çapulcuyu (*) Insert hospitals in Turkey and hotels Bashar al-Assad in Syria secretly shipped at the beginning of the uprising against the referees Says who?
    fighting against Bashar al-Assad of all types and ideology "mercenaries" opened its doors camped, nourish, support, and who is handlers?
    specially authorized courts remove and driving charges, counterfeit CDs, contained no evidence that the TAF fake testimonies switch to the command that liquidated 'Sledgehammer' and imprisoned for five years yönderlerini public opposition tried the 'Ergenekon' Who touched ÖYM'ler seen cases?
    Salt to power their homes in the morning he stepped into the opposition, the most valuable academicians age, per se, regardless of disease who was handcuffing?
    Hundreds of Kurdish was the work of intellectuals who were arrested in KCK operations?

Al Capone ' is likened to the tax case digested and newspapers media owners, forced to sell channels, seven newspapers across the ignominy of the cuff can throw in a smarmy Who were the creators of the media I wonder? Flushed intervention from outer space, was finished digesting the press, publication, or even the whole society, freedom of expression?
    only ' free education ' banner opened or detained for throwing eggs respectable elites, take too ambitious for over a year and a half years on trial detention mercy college students, even if the number of hidden Who are the takers?
    Here's all these Whoever, today Ceberut authority rebelled against oppression and tyranny, "I'm in, Count me in!" said the youth, incites hatred, is already a wonderful place even bow to the will of the people, enemies and those who have theirs.
    And all of them without exception, every evil re-used on its own citizen bandits, foreign and false police also expected to continue.
    (*) Irregular military, spoiler.

G POINT

Democracy is a compromise regime. The overwhelming majority of those living in the Beyoglu district of Istanbul, Taksim Trip Park in the years since the construction does not want a variety of events and protests. The construction of the barracks without any requirement that the Prime Minister does not mind the insistence of the square; inevitably poses questions the rationale for this emphasis. Prime Minister boasted of removing military tutelage, he steered the barracks What a strange contradiction in the barracks? It can not be taken back to the barracks, to whom the tender may be given, or?
    http://www.cumhuriyet.com.tr/?hn=422...=4&kb=5&kc=896

Maybe it help to clear out the event
    Love and Hope

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

InCiDeR (14th June 2013), Mike (14th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (17th June 2013), Padmé (13th June 2013)

3. Link to Post #82
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻
    Last edited by Padmé; 18th January 2019 at 05:51.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Padmé For This Post:

InCiDeR (14th June 2013), Mike (14th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (17th June 2013)

5. Link to Post #83
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Padmé (here)
    Tangri... I'm curious... Why have you
    Have I ? what?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (17th June 2013)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks

👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻
    Last edited by Padmé; 18th January 2019 at 05:51.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Padmé For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (17th June 2013)

9. Link to Post #85
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Padmé (here)
    Tangri... I'm curious... Why did you feel you wanted to stay out of this topic, until now?

and certainly not dismissing anything you said, but the whole 'yalla' thing... as a Turk, you know that it is, be it an old fashioned term, one that is still used in Turkey. It was a curious point to make. Anyway, its great to have some more voices heard on this topic. I will read again and check out your links
    Turks do not use word of yallah. We instead use yuruyun(lets walk). First I felt this thread doesn't need to become a specific country interest for people, avalonians, this is a Earth's issue New world order is not only at USA.
    Last week Turkey pass the bill No selling alcohol after 10 pm( which I have 8 pm in Toronto yet)
    and another bill for no smoking cigarette while driving( even Canada doesn't have this law yet)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

InCiDeR (14th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (17th June 2013), Padmé (14th June 2013)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks

👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻
    Last edited by Padmé; 18th January 2019 at 05:41.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Padmé For This Post:

InCiDeR (14th June 2013), Mike (14th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (17th June 2013)

13. Link to Post #87
    United States Avalon Member kreagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,513 times in 551 posts

Bump,....sorry for post in wrong section
    Last edited by kreagle; 14th June 2013 at 03:28.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

InCiDeR (14th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (17th June 2013)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,082 times in 632 posts

Turkey protesters say PM vows to respect courts on park plans

(Reuters) - Turkish protesters said on Friday Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan had pledged hold off on plans to redevelop an Istanbul park until a court ruled on the project, a move they said was a positive sign after two weeks of protest.

Erdogan met a delegation overnight mostly made up of actors and artists but also including two members of the umbrella protest group Taksim Solidarity, hours after saying his patience had run out and warning protesters occupying Gezi Park to leave.

Taksim Solidarity said Erdogan had promised to abide by the outcome of a court case filed in an effort to stop the redevelopment and would hold a referendum on the plans if the court found in the government's favor.

"The prime minister said that if the results of the public vote turned out in a way which would leave this area as a park, they will abide by it," Tayfun Kahraman of the protest group told reporters following the meeting.

"His comments that the project will not be executed until the judiciary makes its decision is tonight's positive result."

Taksim Solidarity said in a subsequent statement the group would decide as a whole what course of action to take after consulting on the results of the overnight meeting, leaving it unclear whether they would continue their protest.

A police crackdown on the park nearly two weeks ago triggered an unprecedented wave of protest against Erdogan and his AK Party - an association of centrists and conservative religious elements - drawing in secularists, nationalists, professionals, unionists and students.

Police fired teargas and water cannon day after day in cities including the capital of Ankara last week, while youths threw stones and petrol bombs in Turkey's worst unrest in years. Three people, including a police officer, died and about 5,000 were injured, according to the Turkish Medical Association.

CAFE TALKS

Huseyin Celik, deputy chairman of the ruling AK Party who was also in the talks, said the meeting had been positive but he reiterated Erdogan's position that the occupation had to end.

"Our government has been very tolerant, as tolerant as it goes in a democracy, but I don't think the government will leave that place under occupation for long," he said.

In Istanbul, the city's governor Huseyin Avni Mutlu held five hours of talks with protesters from Taksim Square, the epicenter of the protests, at a cafe by the Bosphorus strait.

After listening to their demands that the government abandon plans to build a replica Ottoman-era barracks on the park at Taksim, Mutlu said he sensed flexibility among the protesters.

"We felt they showed sensitivity...and did not have an unyielding stance regarding staying there (in the park)," Mutlu told reporters.

Erdogan has already discussed the plans to build over the park with various people who support the protesters, but had initially refused to meet with Taksim Solidarity, which is at the heart of the campaign to protect it.

Late on Thursday, he appeared to suggest that hundreds of protesters, camped out in a ramshackle settlement of tents in Gezi Park, could be forcibly evicted, although Mutlu said later there were no such immediate plans.

"Our patience is at an end. I am making my warning for the last time. I say to the mothers and fathers, please take your children in hand and bring them out ... Gezi Park does not belong to occupying forces but to the people," Erdogan said.

TAKSIM CALM

Taksim, where police fired teargas and sent thousands scurrying into side streets two nights ago, was crowded but calm overnight. Some of the assembled masses chanted and danced, while others listened to a concert pianist who played through the night amid the protesters as riot police looked on.

The government proposed a referendum on the plans to build on the park, one of the only concessions Erdogan has offered, after he met a group who back the protests on Wednesday.

The park protesters were skeptical after that meeting, rejecting the referendum idea and saying their demands - primarily a halt to the construction plans - were already clear.

The United States has voiced concern about reports of excessive use of police force, while the European Parliament on Thursday warned the government against using harsh measures against peaceful protestors and urged Erdogan to take a "unifying and conciliatory" stance.

The comments were not welcomed by Ankara.

"Turkey is not a nation that needs to be taught a lesson in any way on these topics by any country or by any group of countries," Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said.

Erdogan, who has accused foreign forces, international media and market speculators of stoking unrest and trying to undermine the economy, said he would reveal on Friday details of what he called a "game being played with Turkey."

"It is as if the whole of Turkey is on fire, as if the whole of Turkey is collapsing," he said of some media coverage, describing it as "deceptive and unethical."

(Additional reporting by Ece Toksabay in Istanbul and Jonathon Burch in Ankara; Writing by Nick Tattersall; Editing by Jon Boyle)

---

In my opinion, I am not sure this will help anything. Yes Erdogan withold the plans until the court have made a decision. But then what? And who owns the court and can easily steer its decision in the "right" way.
    I don't necessarily believe what I think,
    neither do I always think what I believe

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InCiDeR For This Post:

Mike (14th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (17th June 2013), Padmé (14th June 2013)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks

Turkey 'wants names' of volunteer doctors aiding protesters

The Turkish health ministry has opened an inquiry into the volunteers who provided first aid to protesters injured in two weeks of anti-government unrest, the national doctors' association said Friday, vowing not to cooperate.

"We were notified that an investigation has been launched into the improvised clinics that treated the protesters," Osman Ozturk from the Turkish Medical Association (TBB) said at a press conference in Istanbul.

The body was told to "immediately" give up the names of the medical workers and their patients, he added.

Hundreds of medics have set up temporary clinics across Turkish cities to help protesters hurt in clashes with police.

Nearly 7,500 people have been injured and four have died in the unrest so far, according to the TBB.

Speaking on behalf of the medical group, Ozturk said they would give "not a single name" to the ministry.

"All our brothers who have been working day and night to look after the (demonstrators) without fear of the tear gas grenades and water cannons are our honour," he said.

The health ministry was not immediately available for comment.

A peaceful sit-in to save an Istanbul park from being razed prompted a brutal police response on May 31, spiralling into mass outpourings of anger against the government of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, seen as increasingly authoritarian.

In demos across the country, riot police have used tear gas, water cannon and rubber bullets against demonstrators who have at times hurled back fireworks, rocks and Molotov cocktails.

Turkeys' Western allies have widely condemned what they described as excessive police force in the clashes.

---

They actually after people that helped and cared for other human beings?!... This is just insane and makes me sad.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InCiDeR For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (17th June 2013), Padmé (20th June 2013), Rich (17th June 2013)

19. Link to Post #90
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Meanwhile, the Divine Feminine in Action...

by Stephen Cook

goldenageofgaia

06/14/2013

URGENT! Dear Friends, Dear Lightworkers, Tonight we reached a critical point in Turkish protests. There is imminent danger and final ‘illegal’ warning has been issued to the protesters by the PM (Turkish Prime Minister, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan). Police with live ammo have been observed around the protesters for the first time since the protests began and they are in thousands! Please add us to your prayers and send any healing, calming energy you can to us. Thank you!

And within 2 hours or so this has happened:

Dear Friends, Miracles do happen! Tonight after 9 PM, after hearing all the warnings and threats, mothers came!

All the mothers of all ages whose children are protesting in Gezi Park surrounded the park with a human chain.

Tonight there won’t be an attack. Mothers are there to protect their cubs. Thank you for your prayers, thanks to all tiger mums!

And as I posted the above, more was happening: Suddenly the PM wanted to talk to real representatives of the protests. They urgently flew out to Ankara. I do not expect much from the negotiations but what the mothers did brings tears to my eyes. They did not plan this, they did not know each other, they just came with their homemade cookies and cinnamon cakes in their hundreds, if not thousands.

And now they are on night watch. There is a wonderful piano concert within the park tonight. The police are also just hanging around and sitting on the floor, waiting and poor guys, what else can they do, except feel the love.

No one can tell me now that ascension is a myth. It is happening everywhere right in front of us. If this is not the divine feminine I don’t know what is.

I thought this would cheer you up as well! ‘

Lots of love, ‘Z’

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheFlashRon For This Post:

InCiDeR (15th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (17th June 2013), Padmé (20th June 2013), ViralSpiral (15th June 2013)

21. Link to Post #91
    Thanks

Turkish government says it may use army to end protests

Anti-government protests continued in Istanbul and Ankara on Sunday night

The Turkish government has said it could use the army to end nearly three weeks of unrest by protesters in Istanbul and other cities.

The government would use "all its powers" and the armed forces if necessary, Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc said on state-run television.

It is the first time the Islamist-rooted ruling party has raised the prospect of deploying the armed forces.

The issue is sensitive as the army is seen as a bastion of secularism.

Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan told hundreds of thousands of supporters at a rally in Istanbul on Sunday that the protesters were manipulated by "terrorists".

Trade unions have called a strike to protest against the police crackdown on demonstrators which has seen some 500 people arrested.

Medical officials estimate that 5,000 people have been injured and at least four killed in the unrest.

The protests began on 28 May against a plan to redevelop Istanbul's Gezi Park, on the city's central Taksim Square, but it snowballed into nationwide anti-government protests after the perceived high-handed response of the authorities under their three-term prime minister.

Gendarmes
    Mr Arinc told state-run TV that "the innocent demonstrations that began 20 days ago" had "completely ended".

Any further demonstrations would be "immediately suppressed", he added.

"Our police, our security forces are doing their jobs," he said. "If it's not enough then the gendarmes will do their jobs. If that's not enough... we could even use elements of the Turkish armed forces."

The deployment of gendarmes - a military unit under control of the interior ministry in peacetime - shocked some protesters in Istanbul this weekend.

In a separate interview, Interior Minister Muammer Guler stressed that he had not called on the army to help police the protests.

But he argued that the use of the gendarmerie was "quite normal", the Turkish newspaper Hurriyet reports.

Bloggers reacted with scepticism to news that the army might be deployed. "And this coming from the same people who always claim they liberated Turkish democracy from army intervention," one wrote.

In the capital, Ankara, riot police could be seen facing off with trade union activists on Monday.

Police officers used megaphones to order workers to stop their march towards the central Kizilay district, reports Reuters news agency.

"Those of you on the streets must stop blocking the streets," they said. "Do not be provoked. The police will use force."

Union marches were also being planned for Istanbul, where police evicted protesters from their camp in Gezi park over the weekend.

The Confederation of Public Workers' Unions (KESK) and Confederation of Progressive Trade Unions (DISK), along with three professional organisations, announced a one-day work stoppage to demand an end to "police violence".

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InCiDeR For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (17th June 2013), Padmé (20th June 2013)

23. Link to Post #92
    Thanks

Could Protests in Turkey Hurt U.S. Effort to Arm Syrian Rebels?

Hundreds of police in riot gear forced through barricades in Istanbul's central Taksim Square early Tuesday, pushing many of the protesters who had occupied the square for more than a week into a nearby park. (AP Photo/Kostas Tsironis)

Now that the U.S. is moving toward arming the Syrian rebels, American allies in the region will play an increasingly important role in the coming months. But some of those countries have their own security issues that could hamper that effort.

Turkey is currently dealing with violent protests in Istanbul that have grabbed international attention and disrupted daily life, while Jordan continues to face a burgeoning number of refugees from Syria. Both of those conflicts could present roadblocks to U.S. plans.

After weeks of violent protests in Istanbul, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said his government would halt redevelopment plans opposed by anti-government protesters, hoping that the demonstrations that have claimed five lives will calm down.

Tony Badran, a research fellow at the Washington-based Foundation for Defense of Democracies, said these protests are not likely to harm the Turkish effort in Syria.
    "Clearly the stuff that's happening in Turkey is taking up a lot of time and attention of the government there, but at the same time, the Syria situation is a high priority for them," he said.

During the protests, Turkey continued to host meetings between Western countries and leaders of the rebel Free Syria Army. And though the Erdogan administration had to mobilize its military to combat the violent protests, Badran said that any Turkish effort in Syria would primarily be providing logistics and intelligence information to rebels across the border.

The Turks have also been able to secure several border crossings for Saudi and French weaponry to cross into Syria.

Although the White House has yet to confirm reports, the U.S. is also expected to heavily rely on Jordan as the base for any military training and equipping of rebel fighters. Additionally, if there is to be a limited no-fly zone, the U.S. would base operations in Jordan.

Western leaders, though, have concerns that King Abdullah II of Jordan is at risk of political upheaval because of refugee camps that have swollen to hundreds of thousands of people.

The primary thing to watch out for in the coming weeks is the backlash that these two countries will face—either from Iran or Hesbollah—for helping the U.S. provide weapons to Syrian rebels.

Already, cross-border shelling and car-bombings have caused significant damage in the region. But despite the political and military backing from the U.S., Jordan and Turkey are at risk for more attacks on their borders.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to InCiDeR For This Post:

Padmé (20th June 2013)

25. Link to Post #93
    Tip of the neuron's tendril watching the sparks fly...
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 times in 421 posts

It is amazing how silence and non-violence can be so powerful. From Ghandi, MLK, Thich Quang Duc
    to the unknown protester at Tiananmen Square . The world has been moved by these lone acts of bravery and selfless sacrifices that can change the course of history.

See the Turkish protester that has inspired those around him to a more powerful method of defiance. Don't fight harder fight smarter!

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3458390
    (Insert signature here)

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octavusprime For This Post:

InCiDeR (18th June 2013), Padmé (20th June 2013)

27. Link to Post #94
    Thanks

Government working on draft to restrict social media in Turkey

A regulation for social media crimes are needed, Güler says. DHA photo

The Turkish government launched yesterday a study to restrict social media, an attempt that has been inspired by the Gezi protests that have spread across the country.

The Justice Ministry has started working on a draft on crimes over the Internet, ministry sources told the Hürriyet Daily News yesterday. “International implementations regarding the issue are being inspected,” the source said.

Yesterday’s remarks by Interior Minister Muammer Güler also confirmed that social media websites are on the government’s radar, as the protesters who have been shaking the country for nearly 20 days have widely used social media as a tool to organize demonstrations. The police are making efforts on this issue, Güler told a group of journalists in Ankara, noting that some people had been detained in İzmir because of their allegedly provocative tweets during the protests.

Search for senders

“We have a study on those who provoke the public via manipulations with false news and lead them to actions that would threaten the security of life and property by using Twitter, Facebook or other tools of the social media,” Güler said. “Still, we think that the issue needs a separate regulation,” he said.

Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has already taken a bold stance against Twitter, calling the micro-blogging site a “troublemaker” on June 2.

Citizens cannot be permitted to conduct a “witch hunt” over Twitter, President Abdullah Gül said June 7, according to Turkish Bar Association head Metin Feyzioğlu, who met with the head of state over the Gezi Park protests. “In this process, everyone needs to act responsibly and with restraint. I will not allow a witch hunt over Twitter. I will be following the judicial and executive investigation,” Gül said, according to Feyzioğlu.

A state department working against cyber crimes has already started to investigate some 5 million tweets about the Gezi Park protests.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to InCiDeR For This Post:

Padmé (20th June 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5