+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drug Related MEMORY LOSS; Personal Account

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Default Drug Related MEMORY LOSS; Personal Account

personal details removed
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 2nd June 2015 at 20:04.

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Drug Related MEMORY LOSS; Personal Account

sorry to hear that tesla, i love ur posts, i personally deal with a life long injury that happend to me in 1999, when i had a slip and fall on some ice while doing a delivery in chicago while driving a truck for a living, now i have to deal with this chronic pain that the injury produces, pain that i wouldnt wish on anyone , unless they screw me over for some reason then look out , lol no funny though, the pain this situation produces used to produce so much pain that i was crying all day while lying on bed, all with no relief what so ever , until i got into pain management, still i cant claim anything like disability unless i am out of work for 2 years, how is one suppose to live for 2 years without working and eating? not to mention a roof over my head? i mean really, then the gauntlet one must manage just to get disability is a whole nuther issue, on top of that, the laws in tennessee here have severely changed the amounts of medication the doctors can write for u now,if that isnt enough the doctor i had been seeing for the last 10 years just retired, so now i must find a new clinic and that is a task in itself, Lord i swear , so i am caught in the cracks as it were , but anyways keep the faith girl,i be prayin for you, peace,dennis

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tnkayaker For This Post:

InCiDeR (11th June 2013), Rich (2nd June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (2nd June 2013), Timreh (2nd June 2013)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,921 times in 4,417 posts

You never know whats in the pot your smoking either unless you know for fact who grew it. Some of it might be accumulated. But I think any pharmaceutical that works in the brain will cause damage over time. FWIT- you are not alone in the memory problems dept. Hugs

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

InCiDeR (11th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (2nd June 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    Mexico Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,360 times in 440 posts

Hi Tesla. Wish you can find a safe way to free yourself from having to take any kind of pills. It's a delicate issue , but taking powerful drugs over long periods of time may not be in your best interest.

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

Tesla, sorry to hear about your challenges. Hope you work through it and find personal relief. Positive thoughts your way with hope they help.

Peace!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to spiritguide For This Post:

Tesla_WTC_Solution (2nd June 2013)

9. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,009 times in 1,932 posts

Quote Posted by Tesla_WTC_Solution (here)
    I was curious about one of my prescriptions, and decided to Google it again today:

"lamotrigine and memory loss".

Now, before you ask, I was prescribed Lamotrigine in order to help control feelings of rage, emotional outbursts, and the tendency to want to physically attack rather than rationally discuss (but we've all been there, right?) things over with people.

I understand that it's a tried and true medication that's been around a while, used for maladies ranging from Rett's syndrome to so-called "bi-polar disorder".

Last week, there was an incident here where I was absolutely certain that someone had hacked my PC. But after reading about other people who suffer memory loss due to overmedication, I realized that my experience might have been caused by this rather than a person on my computer.

Now, I've BEEN hacked in the past, I've had hard drives wiped, blogs taken down due to shadowy claims of copyright violation (Jesse Ventura/Tesla Death Ray/Fred Bell Dies article was responsible for the entire website's removal), spyware in the background, mouse moving itself, etc. But this time, the only thing that happened was a couple of very short, almost one-liner posts that were once atypical of my style, but now seem to be approaching the norm.

In other words, friends, my pills are making me stupid. For a while, I blamed marijuana and the occasional beer I was drinking. But then I realized, this memory loss is something new. In the past, I noticed only a "reduction of sensory input" while smoking. My memory was just fine. In fact, I was doing a lot of book reading, art, and writing related to these books at the time before I started taking Lamotrigine. My art was my escape from this life that generates my illness. And since I've started taking that prescription, I haven't drawn or really written anything, except on here (and the RV thread).

So, a word from the formerly wise: read up on your pills and make sure you are willing to risk everything that makes you uniquely human, before you decide to take a dangerous drug in order to make SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE EASIER FOR THEM AND NOT FOR YOU.

You could be left not being able to drive or even maintain a normal schedule. You will end up being tired and experience weight gain. It's difficult to enjoy former activities and the tendency is to descend into a state of vegetative inactivity.

Lamotrigine is not for everyone. If early dementia or stroke runs in your family, absolutely consider staying away from prescriptions related to "mental health". You might just lose your "mental wealth" when you start down that terrible road into darkness.
    I haven't been sick in more than 40 years and the reason is I hang around health food stores and find natural cures ... and I stay away from doctors and drug stores and any kind of drugs

jim

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jiminii For This Post:

Earth Angel (2nd June 2013), earthadvocate (1st June 2013), fourty-two (2nd June 2013), InCiDeR (11th June 2013), Rich (2nd June 2013), soleil (4th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (2nd June 2013), Timreh (2nd June 2013), Zelig (1st June 2013)

11. Link to Post #7
    I came from Europe, lived long in Africa then Australia, now Switzerland
    Thanks

I agree with you I've had a similar experience... not much fun...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Leon For This Post:

13. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member earthadvocate's Avatar
    Thanks

I admire you for your honesty, like Jiminii I believe that a lot of cure can be found in healthy foods. Hope you find the best cure as well!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to earthadvocate For This Post:

15. Link to Post #9
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,574 times in 692 posts

Tesla..

I also admire your courage regards sharing your experiences. Am wondering if you have tried CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy)...
    NLP (neural linguistic programming) is very effective too.. anything that works with your own intent and self-soveriegnty in changing behaviours is the way to go. Then when the time is ripe.. its easier to wean off those pharmaceuticals prescribed by clinicians who are most often treating anomalous symptoms with plug-in mind altering substances, that when used long term do-do harm.

Its true drugs used in mental health scenarios are often a necessary form of welcome refuge from episodes of illness... but individuals experiencing those illnesses need to inform themselves (as you wisely do) and hold the reigns of their own road to recovery, while choosing the right kinds of supports for themselves along the way.

with respect
    H.
    Last edited by Hazel; 2nd June 2013 at 00:25. Reason: TYPO'

16. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,014 times in 215 posts

Thanks for your openness and honesty Tesla
    I guess I have always been blessed with good health, rarely get colds, flu, headaches or illnesses and maybe that is largely due to staying right away from pills and medications?
    Here's hoping you can find an alternative to your pills/Lamotrigine.. (if that is what you want)

Two questions if I may?
    Were you vaccinated as a child?
    Do you like art/music or what do you like doing to direct your energy?
    Leave no stone unturned...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Timreh For This Post:

18. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thanks to all of the people who posted in this thread and sent messages.
    Some good news is, I might be moving soon and that is a great chance to get a better therapist and doctor lined up.
    The ones I'm seeing right now just don't cut it.

To answer the question above, I was vaccinated as a child and also in the military, and before traveling overseas in my teens. So I've had many more vaccines than average, sad to admit.

To answer question number two, the honest truth is that I am a sensory seeker and if it wasn't for death, I'd be doing something physically crazy most of the time.
    Art? Is it my release? No, not really, it's just something that eventually comes out, like poop.

My problem in life is that I have no idea what to do with it.
    Some people see one path ahead of them, while the next person sees a hundred paths all around him, without a clue as to which path is best.

those of you who recommended magnesium and exercise, thanks a million.
    Nutrition is really important, and people who don't eat right aren't thinking right, and tend to eat worse, not better!

PS Monsanto was in the local paper in Walla Walla today for selling illegal seeds to farmers who didn't know they were growing Roundup Immune wheat.
    Isn't that lovely for those of you who aren't yet crazy?

I guarantee that one by one, we are all getting closer.

I am really sad about the memory loss thing -- people who like books but can't remember anything are pretty useless.

19. Link to Post #12
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,574 times in 692 posts

Tesla... I strongly suggest that you look at everything you can find on You Tube about Neuro Science and Nutrition with regards to Mental Health... there are some amazing collaborators in those fields that have findings that are astounding. Go there alongside guidance with those you trust.

20. Link to Post #13
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,050 times in 3,027 posts

Hi Tesla ~

When you joined the forum, half a year ago, I saw a special aura around you. You are special. There is a lot of confusion and impulses but everything has a reason.

I hope you don't mind me asking if you had any psychic abilities as a child, when did you do your millitary service and where was it and have you experienced any paranormal events in your life?

Now, that can be a privet talk as well

Best wishes,

Limor

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Cristian (4th June 2013), Fred Steeves (4th June 2013), Hazel (4th June 2013), InCiDeR (11th June 2013), soleil (4th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (6th June 2013)

22. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 times in 774 posts

tesla in 2007/08 i was put on an anti-anxiety pills (chlonazapham, sp?) and anti-depressants. i took them for a while, when in 2010 i had 2 seizures in one day. i suppose if there weren't witnesses, i would never have thought they happened. i still have ZERO recollection of them happening. one happened around the morning in my bosses office. the 2nd happened after i arrived home from the hospital from the first one, it happened on my own couch in front of my fiance. i was put on these anti seizure medication, but immediately i stopped taking EVERYTHING instead of taking them. honestly, i know that's not necessarily recommended, but i felt safe, i trusted my gut.
    now i think its safe to say, ive overcome all of that. but man, was that scary. it still freaks me out to think i had 2 seizures. i really dont remember anything at all. and i hit my face (forehead) on the carpet of my bosses office pretty hard apparently. had a rug burn cut and everything.

i dont know your reasons for continuing to take med's, but maybe you can work on making changes to help you emotionally and heal your body too - to potentially stop taking them all together?

there are many natural methods like jim said, and honestly most are available here on PA>
    unite, alright
    you know one thing about music? when it hits, you feel no pain!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soleil For This Post:

InCiDeR (11th June 2013), Limor Wolf (4th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (6th June 2013)

24. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

Hi Tesla, sorry to hear about your condition. You're to young to be taking that kind of medications. Try disciplined meditation to deal with the symptoms you described instead. Medications only work against you in the long run.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

Tesla_WTC_Solution (6th June 2013)

26. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member william r sanford72's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,586 times in 2,838 posts

tesla when i read your thread asking for help with your child i almost couldnt finish it.your raw honesty took courage.you exposed a part of yourlife and layed it out for a whole lotta people to see.you have way more strength then you give yourself credit.hang in there.good job on the thread.
    TRUTH and BALANCE

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

Fred Steeves (4th June 2013), Hazel (4th June 2013), InCiDeR (11th June 2013), Limor Wolf (4th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (6th June 2013)

28. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I will concur with Jim in that the people who take the fewest medications are indeed the healthiest(is that because their bodies are already strong and independent of such drugs? perhaps). I always hated taking medicine as a child and I never take any now that I am an adult. No aspirin nothing other than the poison alcohol and the occasional marijuana.

I know alcohol is just that a poison alas this body is strong enough to endure it for now and it lets my wild mind rest for a few hours.

I find marijuana to increase my brain activity but in a focusing way where I would prefer it to alcohol when looking to relax a weary body and mind.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to GrnEggsNHam For This Post:

Tesla_WTC_Solution (6th June 2013)

30. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Limor (here)
    Hi Tesla ~

When you joined the forum, half a year ago, I saw a special aura around you. You are special. There is a lot of confusion and impulses but everything has a reason.

I hope you don't mind me asking if you had any psychic abilities as a child, when did you do your millitary service and where was it and have you experienced any paranormal events in your life?

Now, that can be a privet talk as well

Best wishes,

Limor
    Hello Limor, and sorry I took so long to respond! I've been offline a lot this week!

When I was a child, I was very introverted -- but the things I said often startled people.

I recall seeing huge paper sacks full of my pre-kindergarten drawings, but I don't remember what I drew.

The elementary school I attended gave me some tests for visual acuity. One of them involved drawing the mirror image of a half-completed drawing.
    So, I don't know if I had any manifestations then, but people were already interested in my ability to "correlate and complete", so to speak.
    I didn't do well on oral/word problems, though, and I think they thought I might have been retarded (lol).

One event in my life that makes me laugh a bit is my ASVAB test result. Before joining the military, I took the standardized test they give everyone.
    This was right after high school, I think -- or a year after.
    I scored in the 99th percentile, with 99 99 96 99 comprising my total score. I think I missed one question in the mechanical section of the test.
    As for the ciphering portion, I have no idea how I did on that and unless I "guessed well" there is no way I passed that section (LOL).
    I guess I didn't do enough crossword puzzles as a kid. Only LEGOS. lawl!

My cousins experienced a lot of paranormal activity, unlike me. One experience I do remember was really weird -- maybe you could call it mediumistic or shamanistic?
    I was with a male cousin (two years my junior) on the family farm. We discovered and touched the bones of a young deer that had been eaten by coyotes. After we had made contact with the remains, he and I were able to run for about 10 minutes at what seemed to be a speed that was roughly 3x normal top speed. I asked him about it right after it happened, if he had noticed this change, and he said "yes". We never talked about it again, though, and I think it was about 17 years ago.

In 7th grade there were a couple minor manifestations of the ability to guess correctly, but they were, as I say, minor.

The really weird stuff started in 2008. Other users here on avalon have called this experience "kundalini rising".
    I started predicting world events inadvertently, and was drawn to study some things by what I consider to be an outside influence.
    Not everything went sanely, but I remain convinced that there are indeed sensitive people within our human population,
    persons who are not only aware of the future but concerned enough with the details to say something to others.

Those people are often called crazy, paranoid, schizophrenics, etc.
    I no longer care -- people can say what they want, and the truth is, they don't even have their eyes and ears open enough to remember or care.
    I can only hope that somewhere, somehow, the things that I experienced and recorded had an effect toward preserving the future of our species and not destroying it.

I feel that I paid a very steep price for this experience and would not wish it on anyone.

31. Link to Post #19
    Germany Avalon Member The Truth Is In There's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 times in 726 posts

imo chemicals NEVER remove the cause of a problem, only the symptoms, and often these get worse once you stop the medication so whenever someone asks my opinion about health issues i tell them to stay away from any kind of non-natural drug. chemicals may appear like an easy way out but in the long run they make everything a lot worse. they're designed this way.
    Among the blind the one-eyed is a madman.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Truth Is In There For This Post:

InCiDeR (11th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (11th June 2013)

+ Reply to Thread